THE BROWNS BOARD

Team Roman

MLD Woody

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Me?  I didn't actually make my own list.   I only posted/pasted   a long list of potentials, and also tried to list whom the Browns have asked permission to interview.

And who is Shaw? 

ok i thought it was something to made

David Shaw the Stanford head coach seriously that is who Roman learned under 

• Upvote 1

Shaw has coached QB'S and WR'S in the nfl I believe with the ravens 

so ya of all the collage coachs if we went that route he would be the guy i would like

But i would prefer a Rivera over em all then maybe a Caldwell or a McCarthy 

Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

But, if we are going with college coaches....would not Lincoln Riley be a better fit with  Baker, all things considered? 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

the coach from ttun over meyer

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

Does he though? (And I really don't know)

Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

• Like 1

I know this sounds weird, but if the Browns go "unproven coordinator" route I want the guy who I feel can oversee a complete team and create an overall culture of responsibility, accountability and winning, more than the guy whose offense or defense is hot at this moment. 

Someone like Mike Tomlin probably excited no one when he was interviewed for the Steelers because he wasn't the hotshot coordinator of the moment, but the Rooneys saw that he could run a team. I want that. 

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hard to say.. He's been with numerous organizations over the years..I have heard his name in certain circles for the last umphteen years

Greg Roman's team ranks as an OC

Pretty obvious what hes all about

Overall Offense Rushing Off Passing Off
Year Tm Role Tms WL% T/G Pts± Yds± Yds Pts GvA Att Yds TD Y/A FL Att Yds TD Int NY/A
2011 SFO OC 32 2 1 4 14 26 11 1 3 8 12 19 1 31 29 24 1 20
2012 SFO OC 32 5 8 4 3 11 11 2 7 4 6 3 9 31 23 16 1 8
2013 SFO OC 32 3 4 3 14 24 11 2 3 3 4 11 16 32 30 23 1 10
2014 SFO OC 32 17 6 22 15 20 25 11 9 4 21 4 24 29 30 22 5 28
2015 BUF OC 32 14 8 13 14 13 12 8 2 1 1 1 18 31 28 20 5 12
2016 BUF OC 32 21 7 14 20 16 10 3 2 1 1 1 3 32 30 27 4 25
2019 BAL OC 32 1 6 1 1 2 1 3 1 1 2 1 5 32 27 1 5 10

There's literally several coaches I'd be thrilled with, Roman is definitely one of them. 

McCarthy is set to interview with us and I'd be totally fine with him too. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

Kaepernick was [is] a more polished Manziel.. that offense sputtered bc K isn't a QB, not anything about Roman.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

in relative terms compared to lamar and kaep?  ... still found success in more of a conventional role.  So there is some history there.

Smith's rushing high-water mark in SF was 179 yds in '11. Two years later he ran for 431 in KC and in '15 he ran for a career high 498.

LJ is in a different league, but not Keap whose rushing totals were generally in the 400 to 600 area code.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Kaepernick was [is] a more polished Manziel.. that offense sputtered bc K isn't a QB, not anything about Roman.

Making a non-pocket-passing QB to throw from the pocket isn't on the OC?