THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield..cant handle fan chatter..

Kvoethe

Mayfield may have great quarterbacking skills but he needs to mature as a true team leader.

Spirit, no problem but he needs to have more self control.

1719089-John-F-Kennedy-Quote-To-those-whom-much-is-given-much-is-expected.jpg

• Upvote 1

This is part of the package that is Baker... for now. It's part of his process of getting fired up.

I've no doubt he did the same in BLT and PTG this season.

He may grow out of it, but you can't coach it out of him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

This is part of the package that is Baker... for now. It's part of his process of getting fired up.

I've no doubt he did the same in BLT and PTG this season.

He may grow out of it, but you can't coach it out of him.

It definitely scares me, and as an athlete, you have to know people will unfortunately say WHATEVER they can in order to get under someone's skin.  It's ugly, sad, and being an athlete shouldn't entitle a person to receiving verbal punishment.  I can really see Baker losing his shit one day and it hurting the team.  Either when he's out on the town, drunk with friends, or whatever.  Somebody will try to piss Baker off, and he'll eventually take the bait. 

Oh, Baker isn't perfect, but a lot of leaders are envied for being who they are, and there surely

are nutjobs who want to get a piece of famous action with them for some stupidass reason.

It's part of their frustrating season.

But he is very, very smart - he'll grow out of it.

to a point. lol

I will never understand why people think this only goes on here. It happens in every stadium to every team.

Mayfield impressed me with his maturity in how he handled the situation with Myles Garrett. Right after the Steelers game he was interviewed and said what Garrett did was inexcusable and he represented himself and the Browns team well. I like his passion which is a strength not a weakness. 

• Upvote 2

I still don’t understand what the exchange is here and why it was a big deal. The Yahoo article says, “Baker Mayfield totally shut down by fans!”

the Cincy fans yell “You better not lose to a one win team!”

Baker says “Come down here and say that to my face”

fan says, “We’re aren’t allowed, you know that”

Shut down by fan?  WTF does any of that even mean? I don’t even think Baker was responding to the guy taking the video.... as that conversation makes zero sense.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

“Why don’t you say that to my face” is straight outta the 12 year old’s handbook of retorts. 

If my QB is hellbent on juvenile smack talk like this, l would prefer he use the 8 year old’s handbook of retorts.

“Oh yeah, you’re a buttface!” 

That would be much more amusing.

Mayfield is a guy who trolled some 18 year old kid's Twitter feed because the kid had the audacity to be happy he chose to play football for the University of Texas. 

I'm thoroughly sick of hearing what type of leader he is, how he does shit like this to get him psyched up, whatever. Baker is your garden variety smug frat boy asshole. 

2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

The NFL has a way of teaching arrogant young players humility. Bakers attitude motivates defenders to a higher degree of effort/aggression in my opinion.

Pshaw.....if those guys do not give their highest degree of effort and aggression at all times, then they should be on the bench or on the street. 

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Sophomore slump...if he is as ballsy as he claims he is...he will come back stronger.

Is anyone forgetting...we did NOT have a nice New England schedule...im just saying

Postseason observation:  Browns had #2 toughest schedule in the league....only behind Cinci.   (and that was even with having 2 games vs. Cinci...who had the worst record in the league)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Postseason observation:  Browns had #2 toughest schedule in the league....only behind Cinci.   (and that was even with having 2 games vs. Cinci...who had the worst record in the league)

They played poorly against crap teams too. 

On 12/31/2019 at 12:30 PM, The Gipper said:

Pshaw.....if those guys do not give their highest degree of effort and aggression at all times, then they should be on the bench or on the street. 

Are you saying effort and emotion are steady and not up and down ? If I were to look across the line and yell......" ALL YOUR LINEBACKERS ARE BITCHES", I will be the focus of increased intensity. You must not have participated in many contact sports. Some players are sleeping dogs. Arrogant punks wake them up sometimes.

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:44 AM, jiggins7919 said:

It definitely scares me, and as an athlete, you have to know people will unfortunately say WHATEVER they can in order to get under someone's skin.  It's ugly, sad, and being an athlete shouldn't entitle a person to receiving verbal punishment.  I can really see Baker losing his shit one day and it hurting the team.  Either when he's out on the town, drunk with friends, or whatever.  Somebody will try to piss Baker off, and he'll eventually take the bait. 

And that could be the day Baker matures...

It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

What's his fuel though?

Most of his issues this season were self-inflicted. 

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What's his fuel though?

Most of his issues this season were self-inflicted. 

Not looking like an idiot? 

Watching your QB handing more INTs than TDs and making more commercials than big plays is quite embarrassing. 

Shut the chatter with your game, Baker.

You, as of today, are literally a nobody. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

It's funny you say that because I too felt like he tried to almost manufacture anger or strife so he could get pumped. Definitely felt that way to me. 

5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yeah...but that Browns defense!

Dude, our defense was nauseating to watch. The Cardinals game was the one where I knew we were officially effed. 

2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Are you saying effort and emotion are steady and not up and down ? If I were to look across the line and yell......" ALL YOUR LINEBACKERS ARE BITCHES", I will be the focus of increased intensity. You must not have participated in many contact sports. Some players are sleeping dogs. Arrogant punks wake them up sometimes.

I say that their effort should be steady, yes.   If yelling some trash talk fires them up....then I would say that they are slackers in the first place.