THE BROWNS BOARD

Next man up

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

New England arrogance at work there.    I don't think that McDaniel needs BBs "stamp of approval" of the Browns ownership in order to consider this job.   That being said, certainly, NO,  no one would give this ownership its stamp of approval. 

But let's look at what the Browns have to offer:

A. A young, exciting, capable QB....who in my, and I assume your, and many others in football, just needs proper direction.

B.  A quality WR corps, with Landry, OBJ, Higgins, etc.  Njoku and Seals at TE

C. One of the top 3 backfields (RBs) in the game. 

D.  OK....an OL that needs work.   (If everything were perfect we wouldn't be needing a new HC)

E.  We will have back one of the best Pass Rushers in the game.  

F.  A defensive backfield with some good promising pieces.....but yes, which needs work

G.  A LB corps....which, if they keep Schobert has a solid piece in the middle.   Kirksey on the mend.   But yes, needs some work. 

So, what I am saying is that the Browns have very, very attractive pieces in place that an offensive oriented HC would love to work with.  (be that McD. or Stefanski, or Bienemy).

A key part of the new HCs job ...if it is one of the offensive minded guys WILL be to hire the right DC.   Don't know if there are any Dick LeBeau's in the wings out there.  

But, if defensive minded Robert Saleh is chosen.....he will have control of the defense likely.   His biggest task would be getting the right OC to come in to work with the talent mentioned above.   Who could come in and do that? 

I don't know why....but I do feel that it will be one of the offensive guys, just based on what he would have to work with. 

I think it would be nice to get McD at HC and Saleh at DC....but, of course, we know that there would be no lateral move to make....and Saleh has a hell of a defense to work with there in SFO if he does not get the HC gig with the Browns. 

True enough. Conversely you have to answer to a dipshit his dunce of a wife and a baseball jack off.

Happy birthday Gipper

WSS

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

True enough. Conversely you have to answer to a dipshit his dunce of a wife and a baseball jack off.

Happy birthday Gipper

WSS

Yes,  but, honestly....with any team  NFL or otherwise there is always an owner to be accountable to....and half of them are dipshits even if we don't know about them.   

A lot of people think that our owners of the Indians and Cavaliers may be equally  dipshitish.....to coin a term :D

On 1/7/2020 at 3:01 PM, The Gipper said:

Yes,  but, honestly....with any team  NFL or otherwise there is always an owner to be accountable to....and half of them are dipshits even if we don't know about them.   

A lot of people think that our owners of the Indians and Cavaliers may be equally  dipshitish.....to coin a term :D

That's true. Still very few of them are as outwardly incompetent as Haslam and his little gang of idiots.

WSS

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/ben-leber-stefanski-is-one-of-those-guys-that-just-gets-it

Here's a concern I have. There's probably not one single coaching Prospect no matter how remote that doesn't have some success in the league and at least a handful of people who think he's the greatest.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/ben-leber-stefanski-is-one-of-those-guys-that-just-gets-it

Here's a concern I have. There's probably not one single coaching Prospect no matter how remote that doesn't have some success in the league and at least a handful of people who think he's the greatest.

WSS

If he does not bring Kubiak with him as a package deal, we're fucked again. Kubiak was more than "just a little bit of help". Plus his success as a HC @ Denver comes to mind to continue mentoring Stefanski in a new role. To me that duo would be the ideal pick for the Browns. Kubiak either as the OC or the QB coach. Or even assistant HC. He helped Elway immensely from the bench as a player and is sharp as a tack still.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Stuff like that should be taken with a grain of salt. Writers get paid to write and there’s only so much to write about. For all we know this guy’s editor made him write some “pro Stefanski” stuff and the guy in the cubicle next to him got the “anti-Stefanski” assignment. I just see it as part of the media game, meant to be consumed and discussed. 

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Stuff like that should be taken with a grain of salt. Writers get paid to write and there’s only so much to write about. For all we know this guy’s editor made him write some “pro Stefanski” stuff and the guy in the cubicle next to him got the “anti-Stefanski” assignment. I just see it as part of the media game, meant to be consumed and discussed. 

No doubt JB that's completely true. And that has to be a pain in the ass for a sports journalist to think of something to say every single day when there's no real news. I'm just saying that Jimmy can probably read and if not he's got enough money the hire somebody to read this shit to him and it does seem to be pretty easily swayed. 😏 

WSS

33 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No doubt JB that's completely true. And that has to be a pain in the ass for a sports journalist to think of something to say every single day when there's no real news. I'm just saying that Jimmy can probably read and if not he's got enough money the hire somebody to read this shit to him and it does seem to be pretty easily swayed. 😏 

WSS

Well yeah. We’re all in the caboose of a train driven by a mad conductor who doesn’t know the throttle from the brake.

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Sounds like a high school debate team.

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

If the guy in this case was not a former Viking, then I'd be more inclined to adopt your view as it is good, healthy skepticism... but in this case Leber is a former Vike.

And while Leber was not in the QB room I've no doubt that players talk. So any player of any position can know as much about any other room or coach as they want to.

Different side of Stefanski... again from the Canton Rep...

Hot commodity on offense, Kevin Stefanski was ‘assassin’ on defense

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200108/hot-commodity-on-offense-kevin-stefanski-was-assassin-on-defense

58 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It's either Stefanski or Josh.

If Jimmy thinks so highly of Depo? It's Stefanski...Dee may have to move to Florida.. Got a house?;)

48 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hard to put any stock in an article that still lists candidates who are no longer in the running.

• Upvote 1