THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

😂 Ward looked like a lock down CB in the making last year. This season, it's like the DBs forgot how to play, never looking back to the ball, just grab, grab, grab.  

... or our CBs are being asked to play differently.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Btw, we've scored 15 or fewer points SIX times so far in 15 games. Do you have any idea how pathetic that is? Six times! So in more than a 3rd of our games, we basically scored two touchdowns. For the entire game, we scored once every other quarter. Lololol. 

Coooooooome on! We need some points! 😂

On 12/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, Icecube said:

I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

Was listening to FOX Sports on the radio, and they gave a very fair assessment of Freddie. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Send yet another coach packing after just one year? But as they pointed out- his play calling in several games sucked the big one. Seahawks at the end of the half. Then the Ravens not running the ball, going three and out punting and letting Jackson waltz down the field for another score. My pal pointed out the Rams follies too. So Fred has obviously lost the players respect, and he doesn't have a clue about situational offense either. So he's probably gone. Unless as Flugs has hinted at- Dorsey will be too proud to admit he made a serious mistake promoting Kitchens.  

13 hours ago, Icecube said:

My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

I am confused.  You refer to Joe Brady...as a coach.    And you use it to also refer to Joe Burrows. (I have heard that one used before.....I guess that implies that Burrows is going to drop to the 6th round!!). 

But, no....which coach are you talking about?

The closer I get to Black Monday, the more I fear Freddie will remain in charge of the Browns. I foresee a press conference talking about stability and how the Fat Man made some mistakes but has grown as a coach, followed by more yada, yada, yada

I then foresee me not caring about the off season and only posting here - mostly in pink font, after we are once again anointed "The very bestest drafters in the history of drafting" after our next draft day domination.

Then word will come out how hard Baker and OBJ are working together in SoCal, which when combined with the 6 future HoFs that we drafted will spark post after positive post about how the up coming season is going to finally be our year

^ Hmmmmm, after proof reading all of that, where have I seen this movie before?? 

Happy New Year everyone.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am confused.  - Gips

What else is new? - Tom F.

You refer to Joe Brady...as a coach.    - Gips

That's because that is what he is.  There's hundreds of thousands of football fans that also call him a coach. Go figure... - Tom F.

And you use it to also refer to Joe Burrows. - Gips

I didn't know there was more than 1 Joe Burrow so thank you for correcting me. The Joe Burrow that was the QB for LSU's Passing Game Coordinator (Joe Brady) developed into a 1st round prospect in 2019. Burrow is now rumored to be the 1st player taken in the 2020 Draft barring any major injury in the National Championship Game.  These are pretty impressive stats Burrow compiled in LSU's 2019 Passing Game (under Passing Game Coordinator Joe Brady) that rank with elite college QBs of all time: 77.6 comp % 5208 yds 55 TD 6 INT.   That said, I'll be happy to show you Joe Burrow's passing numbers in 2018 when Joe Brady wasn't coaching at LSU: 57.8 comp % 2894 yds 16 TD 5 INT...   See the difference?  Or do I need to ask do you want to see the difference?     - Tom F.

(I have heard that one used before.....I guess that implies that Burrows is going to drop to the 6th round!!). - Gips

I just covered all that.  If your goal wasn't to be a douche bag, perhaps you'd remember we have a 1st overall pick at QB from the 2018 draft whose performance regressed significantly in 2019.  Now why do you suppose a Coach like Joe Brady would interest me after he took what he learned as an Assistant Coach under Sean Payton (w/Drew Brees at QB) over to LSU to transcend their QB and Passing Game to new heights that has the people in Louisiana excited about a National Championship Game directed by their Heisman Trophy Winning QB?  - Tom F.

But, no....which coach are you talking about? - Gips

The Joe Brady that gives you panic attacks when I refer to him as a Coach.  - Tom F.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

I am confused.  - Gips

What else is new? - Tom F.

I guess you are right....you posting confusing posts is not new.

You refer to Joe Brady...as a coach.    - Gips

That's because that is what he is.  There's hundreds of thousands of football fans that also call him a coach. Go figure... - Tom F.

Yea....go figure....a guy that almost no ever heard of before gets called a coach?  (was that because until now he was mostly considered a backup?

And you use it to also refer to Joe Burrows. - Gips

I didn't know there was more than 1 Joe Burrow so thank you for correcting me.

He wore a jersey that had his name spelled Burreaux.....if he can't get his own name right...why should I?  Or maybe you have him as Burroughs...the guy that wrote Tarzan. 

The Joe Burrow that was the QB for LSU's Passing Game Coordinator (Joe Brady) developed into a 1st round prospect in 2019. Burrow is now rumored to be the 1st player taken in the 2020 Draft barring any major injury in the National Championship Game.  These are pretty impressive stats Burrow compiled in LSU's 2019 Passing Game (under Passing Game Coordinator Joe Brady) that rank with elite college QBs of all time: 77.6 comp % 5208 yds 55 TD 6 INT.   That said, I'll be happy to show you Joe Burrow's passing numbers in 2018 when Joe Brady wasn't coaching at LSU: 57.8 comp % 2894 yds 16 TD 5 INT...   See the difference?  Or do I need to ask do you want to see the difference?     - Tom F.

I knew about that....how do YOU explain the difference?  From maybe a 6th rounder..if that... to #1 overall?  Deal with the Devil?

(I have heard that one used before.....I guess that implies that Burrows is going to drop to the 6th round!!). - Gips

I just covered all that.  If your goal wasn't to be a douche bag,

I get it....you are in love, PoG the deuce.

perhaps you'd remember we have a 1st overall pick at QB from the 2018 draft whose performance regressed significantly in 2019.  Now why do you suppose a Coach like Joe Brady would interest me after he took what he learned as an Assistant Coach under Sean Payton (w/Drew Brees at QB) over to LSU to transcend their QB and Passing Game to new heights that has the people in Louisiana excited about a National Championship Game directed by their Heisman Trophy Winning QB?  - Tom F.

Why does that interest you?  Not sure....the in love thing, I guess.  I mean, he ain't coming to the Browns so I don't give a shit about him really.

But, no....which coach are you talking about? - Gips

The Joe Brady that gives you panic attacks when I refer to him as a Coach.  - Tom F.

No, like I said, I don't care about the guy that is going to be the 2d best QB in the National Title game.   Nice story....nice guy.  But, so what? If I wanted one of those guys for the Browns....I would take Lawrence every day. 

It is now  a quarter to 6 of the day of the Browns last game of the season.

Is Freddie fired yet?

On another front....I think someone said that the Browns can now change their uniforms from these piece of shit unis they wear now.  Is that true?

If so....can we just go back to the real Browns uniforms?

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I really, really hope Josh McDaniels is not the coach.

Analysis of Josh in Denver

He's bad, but in a different way than Freddie!

F that dude he would be a disaster I was just reading that Riverboat Ron said he is ready for a new challenge