THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

Credit where credit is due, l think Freddie showed us a couple things yesterday.

As disheartening as the 7 play goal line stand was, l think it shed some light on our red zone issues this year. We handed it to Chubb a few times, passed it to OBJ a couple times, but to no avail. We basically did the things people have been screaming for us to do with poor results. Perhaps this is the same thing Freddie is seeing in practices? Getting stuffed, which is why we’ve come up with alternate ways to attempt scoring TDs, like throwing to Harris. 

I also liked how Freddie handled the last drive. With 4 + minutes left he decided that was our drive and kept the full playbook at his disposal and took his time marching down the field. We still scored a wee bit too quickly (darn you Higgins and your clutchy catch) but it could have been an entirely different outcome had we been burning time outs during that drive for fear that we’d have to punt and hope our defense could make a stop.

Also, was anyone surprised Kitchens elected NOT to ice the kicker? He’s so against the grain that l wasn’t surprised one bit. And it worked out so there’s that.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Almost-but in short yardage the bigger man by 30 lbs and the same speed can run over anyone for that 1 yd TD. And like Chubb you don't see the breakaway speed until he runs past the safeties before you realize there are afterburners there. Go to 1:25 mark.

Derrick Henry would not have done ANY better in the Brown situations, because Chubb seems to have 3 guys tackling him.  And Henry isn't going to get by 3 tacklers any better than Chubb.

I don't know, but perhaps Henry does have something that Chubb does not?     A fucking Fullback blocking for him.

The Browns need a Fullback in short yardage goal line situations.  An extra OL doesn't really do the job.  If they don't want to use a fullback, use like DT Devaroe Lawrence.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Derrick Henry would not have done ANY better in the Brown situations, because Chubb seems to have 3 guys tackling him.  And Henry isn't going to get by 3 tacklers any better than Chubb.

I don't know, but perhaps Henry does have something that Chubb does not?     A fucking Fullback blocking for him.

The Browns need a Fullback in short yardage goal line situations.  An extra OL doesn't really do the job.  If they don't want to use a fullback, use like DT Devaroe Lawrence.

Actually there was only one play when he had a TE in the FB position in front of him, the long TD run. Occasionally a TE would be on one wing or the other behind and to the side of the OT. His other TD looked exactly like what we were doing with no FB. And you are wrong about what he does when hit when 3 guys get him at once. He always gets at least 1  or more yards and often carries them 5-9 yards. Review that whole youtube I supplied since it is every play where he handles the ball. You'll see what I mean. He would have scored better than any back we have with one yard to run for a TD. And I still contend Hunt could have too. He's great when several get him together. Always seems to move the pile forward with low slanting/twisting  leverage.

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually there was only one play when he had a TE in the FB position in front of him, the long TD run. Occasionally a TE would be on one wing or the other behind and to the side of the OT. His other TD looked exactly like what we were doing with no FB. And you are wrong about what he does when hit when 3 guys get him at once. He always gets at least 1  or more yards and often carries them 5-9 yards. Review that whole youtube I supplied since it is every play where he handles the ball. You'll see what I mean. He would have scored better than any back we have with one yard to run for a TD. And I still contend Hunt could have too. He's great when several get him together. Always seems to move the pile forward with low slanting/twisting  leverage.

I just think you are orgasmic over Henry.  He is good, but he does not wear a red S on his chest the way you apparently think he does. 

Henry's best asset is having Vrabel as his HC.

And I don't say that because his dad was a teacher at my high school.  He really is a very good coach that has that team in playoff contention, when there is no way really that they should be.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 7moses7 said:

Ok seen enough of fat fred inabilities to run an offense , just plain awful . OBJ pouting like a little bitch, beat by another 3rd string QB , this guy has no clue what a head coach is 

....... '3rd string' is being very generous. 

I've finally seen enough. Kareem Hunt, ZERO carries in the second half = you have no clue how to use the talent you have. 

The Browns are a talented team, with a HC who has no idea how to use it.

He loses to the Bengals, fire him.

EDIT:  Buy a clue from Paul Brown (even Bill B modestly acknowledged him as the GOAT of coaches) speaking about Jim Brown- "when you have a big gun- fire it."  

Far too often Freddie just tries to get cute, and out thinks himself. :( You have a QB with a bruised hand (at least) so let's try three straight pass plays. 

PS- Tomlin dumbed it down to HS football mentality (according to some of the Steelers) in the second half, and Freddie couldn't adjust. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I've finally seen enough. Kareem Hunt, ZERO carries in the second half = you have no clue how to use the talent you have. 

Inexcusable. Simply awful.  

Let's play the 20\20 hindsight game while we're at it. Dorse should have kept Williams as the HC, and I'd bet the ranch the Browns wouldn't be 5-7 now. 

Thanks Freddie, your incompetence has saved me around $1,000 bucks. I was going to reconsider and head to Arizona if you had managed to beat the Steelers. Ain't happening now.   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

EDIT:  Buy a clue from Paul Brown (even Bill B modestly acknowledged him as the GOAT of coaches) speaking about Jim Brown- "when you have a big gun- fire it."  

Far too often Freddie just tries to get cute, and out thinks himself. :( You have a QB with a bruised hand (at least) so let's try three straight pass plays. 

PS- Tomlin dumbed it down to HS football mentality (according to some of the Steelers) in the second half, and Freddie couldn't adjust. 

I have been so dumbfounded by Kitchen's inability to get OBJ - one of the better weapons in the NFL - the ball this season that I seriously wonder what the point is in bringing him back next year. The only thing that makes me think he comes back is that they'll never be able to recoup the first rounder they gave up for him now. They've drove OBJ's trade value into the ground. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have been so dumbfounded by Kitchen's inability to get OBJ - one of the better weapons in the NFL - the ball this season that I seriously wonder what the point is in bringing him back next year. The only thing that makes me think he comes back is that they'll never be able to recoup the first rounder they gave up for him now. They've drove OBJ's trade value into the ground. 

I can't even imagine why it's impossible to get him the ball. As bad as the Giants were, they still usually managed it. I feel like we almost HAVE to trade him now, regardless of value. Why pay $16 million a year? Whatever, I really don't care right now. Sometimes it doesn't feel like anything we do matters. Let's find another 3rd string QB to lose to. 

• Like 1

I never jump on the "fire _______ " bandwagons. The old it's easier to fire one guy than half of the team adage.

But in this case it's time to shop for a new head coach. Freddie is a victim of "the Peter Principle" he's risen to a job he can't do.

Too bad that and other factors have cost the Cleveland Browns a promising season.

GO BROWNS, 2020 playoffs....baby !

2 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Ok seen enough of fat fred inabilities to run an offense , just plain awful . OBJ pouting like a little bitch, beat by another 3rd string QB , this guy has no clue what a head coach is 

someone needs to pound this into every head on this board as to what you just said....he is a hillbilly coach....what a disgrace...fucking tomlin in my opinion to this point of the season should get coach of the century and we heiped him in every way today....pisses me off....as long as we have this he haw jackass as hc...and the steelers have tomlin and the ravens harbaugh....we ain't goin nowhere....

24 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I never jump on the "fire _______ " bandwagons. The old it's easier to fire one guy than half of the team adage.

But in this case it's time to shop for a new head coach. Freddie is a victim of "the Peter Principle" he's risen to a job he can't do.

Too bad that and other factors have cost the Cleveland Browns a promising season.

GO BROWNS, 2020 playoffs....baby !

he will be gone....now the bengals got carrot top playing qb again...you know what that means...he smacks the clowns around no matter how short handed they are....pfffffft....another losing season about to happen....

33 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I can't even imagine why it's impossible to get him the ball. As bad as the Giants were, they still usually managed it. I feel like we almost HAVE to trade him now, regardless of value. Why pay $16 million a year? Whatever, I really don't care right now. Sometimes it doesn't feel like anything we do matters. Let's find another 3rd string QB to lose to. 

you know....you are correct...what the fuck was the purpose of getting him....they need to deal him now....he's about ready to explode in a bad way....they had a camera on him at the end of the game and he was screaming at one of the clowns coaches....i mean screaming....i think the camera mans boss told him to pan away from that view because it was only on for about 3 seconds...wow...what a disaster this team is....from head to toe...

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

But really- is it the scheme to have OBJ draw double coverage just to get Landry open? Just wow. It's not like Beckham suddenly turned into a bum, by just getting traded.... 

Nah- the point is Dorsey gave Kitchens a level of talent that would have 75% of the head coaches in the league envious- and Fred shit the bed with it. Even the 10-2 Ravens, outside of Jackson don't measure up at the skill positions. The Steelers earlier today sure as hell don't. 

Dorse can't be happy with this turn of events, and bet the ranch Haslam isn't either. I've always felt you need to give a coach at least a couple seasons- but not this time.

Just now, hoorta said:

Dorse can't be happy with this turn of events, and bet the ranch Haslam isn't either. I've always felt you need to give a coach at least a couple seasons- but not this time.

I'm so conflicted on this. 

I've not been a fan of what I've seen of this team, on and off the field, but I've often complained about the Browns continually changing head coaches. I don't want to fire Kitchens, but I also don't want him to continue to Retard this team's progress. I really don't see how this team has improved from this time last season, but I hate the idea of starting over again... but I hate the idea of having Kitchens still running this team next year... ugh. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've not been a fan of what I've seen of this team, on and off the field, but I've often complained about the Browns continually changing head coaches. I don't want to fire Kitchens, but I also don't want him to continue to Retard this team's progress. I really don't see how this team has improved from this time last season, but I hate the idea of starting over again... but I hate the idea of having Kitchens still running this team next year... ugh. 

Now you know how Sophie felt. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Was against the Kitchens hire

Was against the flashy trades

Smh

Gregg would have us in a better spot

Gregg as in Gregg Williams?  He is a freaking laughingstock around the league and isn't a head coaching candidate.

Im no fan of FK either, but acting like Gregg freaking Williams of all people would be a better choice is bizarre.  Our defense last year mostly blew goats with him.  many many many years ago(like when people still bought cds) he had a couple pretty good defenses with Washington, and he is living off that(and the good ole boys network I guess) to get a job.  And it only takes one.  But in the right circles he is not seen as a credible DC candidate, much less HC candidate(except to make fun of)

As for the OBJ trade, you do that every time.  That's why it got an A+ from virtually everyone.  Giving up a mid first round pick for a top 3 wr(even though he hasn't played like a top 3 guy this year) who the other team already took some of the cap hit for?  A no brainer....

28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know many will disagree with this but I don't go off where we were last year to where we are this year.  Last year we caught lightning in a bottle with a very easy back end schedule.  For example it's very plausible we go 8-8 because of a very easy back end of the schedule after starting 2-6. That coupled with the new players we had to integrate and being a very young team that needs to learn to win and a brand new coach.....

I go off of has Freddie improved this year and learned from some of his mistakes. While he is still making quite a few mistakes he is learning from his mistakes and starting to change his ways.  He's gotten much better with time management over the year. He is getting better disciplining players and just growing as a coach. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I know many will disagree with this but I don't go off where we were last year to where we are this year.  Last year we caught lightning in a bottle with a very easy back end schedule.  For example it's very plausible we go 8-8 because of a very easy back end of the schedule after starting 2-6. That coupled with the new players we had to integrate and being a very young team that needs to learn to win and a brand new coach.....

I go off of has Freddie improved this year and learned from some of his mistakes. While he is still making quite a few mistakes he is learning from his mistakes and starting to change his ways.  He's gotten much better with time management over the year. He is getting better disciplining players and just growing as a coach. 

I'll grant you Freddie has been"growing' as a coach. That doesn't absolve him going into Pittsburgh with a team vastly superior in offense talent- and laying a big fat egg. And he did the same in Denver losing to a third string QB. 

BTW- your top TE can be activated- but you didn't Freddie. Inquiring minds want to know why in the hell not?  

• Upvote 1

Freddie gets the rest of 2019 at a minimum... and likely 2020 to boot. I just hope Wilks is around in 2020 as well. Really want to see both with a little more talent at OT and LB respectively.

The ball is in Dorsey's court...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Freddie gets the rest of 2019 at a minimum... and likely 2020 to boot. I just hope Wilks is around in 2020 as well. Really want to see both with a little more talent at OT and LB respectively.

The ball is in Dorsey's court...

Problem  there Tour, can you really  pin today's loss on the o-line, or linebackers? We were up 10-0, and then collectively took a  nap. 

Yeah Duck got lucky  on some  ducks, but we failed  big time  to adjust to their adjustments. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Problem  there Tour, can you really  pin today's loss on the o-line, or linebackers? We were up 10-0, and then collectively took a  nap.

Not pinning anything on anything, h... just looking at the team needs.

But were I, then I could make a strong case about the OL. Once we had to pass our OL really wasn't doing the job for Baker. D-side was more about the missing DL pieces than LB.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah Duck got lucky  on some  ducks, but we failed  big time  to adjust to their adjustments. 

the coach sucks...the opportunity came with that int in the 4th qtr....we had the fucking ball at their 30....and good  hillbilly kitchens throws three times...we lost yardage and had to punt...are you fucking kidding me...you have chubb and hunt...and you throw 3 usless passes....and you think this will change in 2020 if these morons are still around...eh good luck with that....a fucking 4th string qb smacks the shit out of the clowns.knocking them out of the playoffs....a 4th string qb...if you are baltimore or pittsburgh, you are rooting that the moronic fo will keep kitchens and the rest of these bums forever....