THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I'm not a fan of firing a head coach midway through the season, it almost never works out well.

According to the Broncos depth chart, there's only 2 QB's listed on the 53 man roster. . .

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart

image.thumb.png.1f5f872976fb74efd1a961f009d0188d.png

Wow, the Browns have no excuses if they can't shut down that sorry crew.

Only guy I've heard of that's playing is Lindsay.

The way we been playing I don't see us beating anybody. 3 plays 3 turnovers?  Also how many of or wr have caught a TD pass this season? 1 that is it. the other 4 have been to TE. OBJ has not shown any signs of greatness and Jarvis is like a shell of what he was last season. Callaway not the same player as a year ago and Higgins? Consider him GONE. Perriman was way better last year than any of the players we have now, Fells the TE we let go has put up decent numbers for a back up TE, Is Freddie to blame for the downfall? Maybe to some point but  the players are not the same. They lost something in the offseason and need to find whatever that is and find it fast. we played 1 really good game and that was against the Ravens, The Jets game we should of won by more 

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I'm not a fan of firing a head coach midway through the season, it almost never works out well.

According to the Broncos depth chart, there's only 2 QB's listed on the 53 man roster. . .

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart

image.thumb.png.1f5f872976fb74efd1a961f009d0188d.png

OK, I see that Drew Locke is actually on injured reserve. I did not hear about that.

And Flacco could end up  on injured reserve with that herniated disk in his neck.....which could even jeopardize his career:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-qb-joe-flacco-has-herniated-disk-in-neck-season-possibly-career-in-jeopardy/ar-AAJvizJ

Rookie Brett Rypien is also on their PS....so he may have to be activated.

1 hour ago, medicineman said:

The way we been playing I don't see us beating anybody. 3 plays 3 turnovers?  Also how many of or wr have caught a TD pass this season? 1 that is it. the other 4 have been to TE. OBJ has not shown any signs of greatness and Jarvis is like a shell of what he was last season. Callaway not the same player as a year ago and Higgins? Consider him GONE. Perriman was way better last year than any of the players we have now, Fells the TE we let go has put up decent numbers for a back up TE, Is Freddie to blame for the downfall? Maybe to some point but  the players are not the same. They lost something in the offseason and need to find whatever that is and find it fast. we played 1 really good game and that was against the Ravens, The Jets game we should of won by more 

Image result for person hanging themselves gif

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This team is a disorganized mess.

It falls on the head coach. 

Yup.

Let's take a look at some things.

Baker:   Last year Freddie took over and asked the offense what they liked in the playbook and what plays they ran well.  He then had a whittled down playbook.  -  THIS year, Baker had Freddie's playbook to learn, and has more responsibility at the LOS.  Not as easy as it was last year.  More on his plate.  Not much preseason game time.  Virtually none with OBJ.  -  Regular season starts and his OL struggles (as some of us thought it might).  That spooks a QB.  Even when the OL play improves a little bit, it's still in your mind who you have playing the tackle positions....while your schedule puts you up against teams with strong defensive fronts.  -  Your timing with the receivers isn't spot on because it's a new playbook and you had virtually no preseason game time with them.

OBJ -  New playbook, new team.  Doesn't show up for anything that's voluntary.  He & Landry do virtually nothing but ride bikes for most of OTA's and TC.

Now as the season starts, In no time flat, we lose Higgins and Njoku.  And, of course, Callaway is suspended.  That leaves Baker with Landry (the bike rider...but at least he has a little familiarity with) and OBJ (bike rider, who Baker has virtually NO familiarity with), and Ratley  (who's always 'been' injured, so Baker has virtually no familiarity with).  

......and oh BTW, go out and play some of the best teams in the league.   AND, we're going to constantly put Baker behind the chains with 18 penalties one game, 13 in another, sprinkle in officiating...........etc.

-------------

Once I saw how good SanFran was playing, I had us pegged for 2-5 going into the Denver game.  And that's what we are.  -  I also had the team pegged for 'coming together' during the back half of the schedule.  Admittedly, with Freddie stating that the players have to fix the penalties themselves, it doesn't leave ya with the warm fuzzies.  But it's a learning curve for Freddie too.

Let's see if the back half of the schedule cools off the 'hot mess'.  

• Upvote 2

On 10/28/2019 at 7:27 AM, Westside Steve said:

Partially because established and winning head coaches might just possibly have another job already? 

Plus it's usually a sucker's bet to think that picking an apple off a winning coaches tree, like Belichick, doesn't often work out. Like hiring Bill Wyman to play bass and wondering why your band isn't as good as the Rolling Stones.

Adam gase? Bruce Arians? Just for the record if we were not worried that Freddie would have gone elsewhere I'd have liked to see him stay at OC and keep Gregg Williams as head coach.

WSS

Mike McCarthy would've been a nice name to hear.  Josh Mcdaniel would be a nice get.  Or how about that Browns assistant that fans booed and claimed sucked, you know the guy who's undefeated in the Bay area.  No one expects John Harbaugh to jump at the chance of coaching the Browns but Matt Patricia seems more competent than a guy who was only an offensive coordinator for 8 games at any level, ever.

Does it surprise anyone that the most consistent unit is run by a former head coach? Steve Wilks..Wilks has been the Wade Phillips to Shawn McVay so far to Freddie..Take away both starting corners from some other teams? Would they be as prepared as Wilks has been? This also should include, giving some credit to Wilks defensive position coaches.. We have our interim HC in house if needed.. *Now to the gumby rants*.. It's Freddie's job to save his own ass on what's going on , on his side of the ball  1) your booth replay guy sucks, Fire him before he gets you fired.. 2) Monken? Has he helped your playcalling? Can he call plays despite your ego? Can he veto your 4th & 9 run, if you think it's 3rd down? If not, move him on & sink or swim yourself.. 3) Your kicking coach sends your punt unit out to punt..Your plan was to go..Dorsey don't & should not hire sideline babysitters..That's your JoB.. 4) Anybody notice how good A.Rodgers numbers are without his former OL coach Campen? Their pass pro time to pass? Campen should be running his lard'ass off too, for every pre-snap flag including allowing asinine poor line play causing flags..Don't even get me started on Pulling slow as* Tackles 😇..If your offensive QUALITY* control coaches scheme these steaming turds up too? Can'em... 5) am still confused on to why our local media has not buried Freddie on this question? Freddie, "you quoted your team had bonded* in Colts preseason week. Your last scrimmage was littered with dust-ups & fists fights. Your team than opens with 18 penalties. To date, your team can't show enough discipline to even stay on sides on a 4th & 4 punt. Why do you think that is"?         in Closing (i promise), Not a snowballs chance in heck they fire Freddie after the Denver game..  8th game as a HC... sure his ski's may look over his head right now..but ya can't get their alone in this business.. ain't no "i" in team.. but there is in F-i-x it!!    

• Upvote 2

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:43 AM, sekrah said:

Absolutely comical reading this thread and seeing people out there who believe the Head Freaking Coach has no influence on ball handling, penalties, attention to detail, discipline.  I can't believe what I'm freaking reading.

This is an absolute shit show that falls squarely onto the shoulders of the head coach. And it's not the play calling, I think the play calling has been generally fine this year, except for maybe being completely unprepared for San Francisco.  The lack of attention to details and lack of discipline is stunning and the Head coach has MAJOR inlfuence of that.  These are things that should have been ironed out in July and August while Freddie had them bashing each others heads into mush.  We've done stuff for seven weeks that the Patriots NEVER do.  It absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with coaching.  

Put Belichick on the Browns, Kitches on the Pats,  and the result is flipped. Not a doubt in my mind.

Listen, I wanted Kitchens too, but it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that he was a tremendous mistake. I admit I was a moron for wanting him.  It's not that hard to admit when it's this obvious. MAN UP.  There's a reason this guy hadn't even been a coordinator yet.

Yet you gave not a single example of how a professional football coach teaches ball handling and discipline to grown men,  most of whom had discipline and ball handling drilled into them since pee wee.

These types of problems fall squarely the shoulders of the players.

Blaming the coach is a cop out.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:26 PM, CoachTodd10 said:

I am just wondering...... where does Ohio rank in education? You all seem pretty stupid. As a well educated Seahawk fan, I do find you all very amusing. I hope none of you are offended. I would even support tax credits or some kind of government assistance for all of you.

Well played...I am an Ohio teacher and I thought this was funny.  

• Like 1

So.....this thread was started 45 minutes (real time) into the Patriots game.      lol     game started 4:30ish.....this thread  5:15   lol. 

It's Freddie's fault that Chubb fumbled twice and Baker tossed it to a defender who penetrated the OL to steal a shovel pass...on three successive offensive plays.   That's clearly Freddie's fault.  Because he worked 2 weeks to prepare the team to do those things.

Ya just gotta laugh.....

I honestly believe Fat Back Freddie gets the remainder of the season to improve... Otherwise.. His job could well be in jeopardy...

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 4:11 PM, hx214 said:

Freddie looked like the kid that pushed the A button on Madden to fast taking “Madden’s Advice” instead of the X button to call a pass play. 

I’ll never understand some of these coaches and they way the game seems to overwhelm them into some of these decisions....

I was out cutting wood listening to the game on the radio, coming into that series I’m thinking.... “Well we are going to have to go for it on any 4th down from here on out...” 

The guy sent the punt team out on the field and I had to stop to look at the game clock on my phone.... 

How does that happen? If your the Special Teams coach do you look at the head coach and say.... Hey man.... you sure you wanna punt here??  

I just don’t understand why it seems so hard for some of these guys...

LMAO

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I honestly believe Fat Back Freddie gets the remainder of the season to improve... Otherwise.. His job could well be in jeopardy...

On the flight back, my pal pulled up some stuff where Dilfer and Cowherd were piling on Freddie pretty bad. They're not the only ones. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gorka said:

Yet you gave not a single example of how a professional football coach teaches ball handling and discipline to grown men,  most of whom had discipline and ball handling drilled into them since pee wee.

These types of problems fall squarely the shoulders of the players.

Blaming the coach is a cop out.

That’s called practice. And yes the pros need it. You practice fundamentals daily. Keep some footballs on ice and use a damn hose to simulate weather conditions. The head coach has everything to do with the teams performance. I guess you never heard the NFL called a coaches league. It is. Ask Billy B in Boston about that.  Or is he just extremely lucky?

On 10/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, gumby73 said:

*Now to the gumby rants*

(didn't copy your whole post)

Mr. Gumby!  I don't think I've ever seen you so upset/frustrated/pissed.   And, of course, you make good and valid points.

Gumby, like many others, is very frustrated.  We're supposed to be so freakin' talented and good....and we lost all but 2 games.

I've been listening to Freddie's press conferences, and Baker's......and you can tell that THEY are frustrated and pissed.  They're snapping back at media questions.  You can hear the frustration in their voice if not their words.

Can we imagine how it feels to be them?   All off season, hearing how talented and great the Browns were going to be.  All of the prime time games.  All of the hype.  And then when it's time to play they get beat.  While not performing well.  And through this whole stretch of good teams beating them, the media has had a good ol' time poking fun at them...the #1 draft pick QB being called As Over-rated As Hell.  

It CANNOT be easy to be them right now.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

That’s called practice. And yes the pros need it. You practice fundamentals daily. Keep some footballs on ice and use a damn hose to simulate weather conditions. The head coach has everything to do with the teams performance. I guess you never heard the NFL called a coaches league. It is. Ask Billy B in Boston about that.  Or is he just extremely lucky?

Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

I'm talking more about self discipline as it pertains to penalties. We are the worst in the league in penalties.

Bill B. doesn't teach self discipline. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

1 minute ago, Gorka said:

Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

I'm talking more about self discipline.   Bill B. doesn't teach it. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

So by your reasoning batting cages are a waste of time? Or putting greens?  I think you’re completely wrong. I’m a practice makes perfect kind of guy. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Gorka said:

I'm talking more about self discipline as it pertains to penalties. We are the worst in the league in penalties.

Bill B. doesn't teach self discipline. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

Here's a thought for you. Heard it on TNF- the least penalized team in the NFL? The Miami Dolphins. It's helped them a ton to win games. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Here's a thought for you. Heard it on TNF- the least penalized team in the NFL? The Miami Dolphins. It's helped them a ton to win games. 

I heard the same thing and was like, "WTF!" 

I know this will sound crazy, but it's not just the amount of penalties we get, it's also WHEN they happen, ya know? They just ALWAYS seem to be the back breaking kind, lol. 

I dunno man, but I will say this is the most excited I've been for a game in a while. Who is my surprise MVP candidate? How about Olivier Vernon? He's played quite well the last two games and I could see him whipping some ass Sunday.