THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Except, as I said, LeBron has not left.  His domicile is still here.  Just off Crystal Lake Rd.  He also has a residence in  LA for occupational purposes.  I can be there in about 8 minutes if you want me to check on it for you. He used to be  in walking distance when he lived in Wadsworth like I do.

But, you are right about one thing:  I would never want to move to Seattle (or LA) with their overpriced real estate, and their overpriced coffee.  Again...that word:  Value.

And live in a  city leading the  country in number  of days  with  heavy  cloud  cover. Had a friend  that lived in  Seattle for a while, and said you  almost  never saw the sun in the  winter, with rain every  other day. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Shawshank Prison was actually the former Ohio  State Reformatory in Mansfield.   See this:

https://shawshanktrail.com/

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You still do not get it.....I am saying Ohio was smart for getting rid of these guys. Hello! McFly! Is anybody home?

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And live in a  city leading the  country in number  of days  with  heavy  cloud  cover. Had a friend  that lived in  Seattle for a while, and said you  almost  never saw the sun in the  winter, with rain every  other day. 

I will never retire in Seattle. Great economy but the weather, traffic and taxes suck. Can't get anything in the city for less than 2 mil. It is always a cold drizzle in the winter. It is culturally alive but I need warm weather.

The national media is killing him today. They are saying he should have just said, "Yea, I screwed that up, I'm still learning about how to do the head coaching job and I just screwed that up."

I listened to his explanation and I didn't even understand what in the hell he was talking about. He allowed the delay penalty to happen on purpose...why? It sounds like bull hockey. 

Teams reflect their head coaches. Browns are reflecting who Freddie is. How did he earn the head coaching job again? I honestly don't know. 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/freddie-kitchens-postgame-press-conference-vs-patriots-cleveland-browns

Freddie looked like the kid that pushed the A button on Madden to fast taking “Madden’s Advice” instead of the X button to call a pass play. 

I’ll never understand some of these coaches and they way the game seems to overwhelm them into some of these decisions....

I was out cutting wood listening to the game on the radio, coming into that series I’m thinking.... “Well we are going to have to go for it on any 4th down from here on out...” 

The guy sent the punt team out on the field and I had to stop to look at the game clock on my phone.... 

How does that happen? If your the Special Teams coach do you look at the head coach and say.... Hey man.... you sure you wanna punt here??  

I just don’t understand why it seems so hard for some of these guys...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It does seem that way......but the fact is, the Browns have 9 games to play.....and very well could be favored to win all of them   (mjp has failed to show the spreads on these upcoming games...despite being asked to do so numerous times).

If he sorely fucks up these games...with the talent now on this team, then we will know that what you say is true.

Denver favored  -1- over Browns early line.

1 hour ago, darubes said:

Denver favored  -1- over Browns early line.

plus denver is going to have a backup qb....flacco is ruled out already....neck issue...don't think so....i think it had to do with his presser more than anything...neck issue is bullshjit.....i think denver wins this game and puts the clowns out of their misery.....they do have a good d.....the clowns will shoot themselves in the foot once again with stupid penalties and turnovers....just think, the squeelers will be ahead of the clowns after tonight with a backup and sometime a backup to the backup qb....fucking pathetic....

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.

Beyond that,   Prove it.  Provide affidavits.  And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be. 

i don't know gip.....but right now i'd take freddy freeman  heh heh heh.....desparate times............

As much shit as Hue got, deservedly so, Freddie has committed some of the dumbest brain-dead mistakes in his 7 games as head coach. From 4th and 9 draw plays vs the Rams (I will go to my grave still convinced he thought it was 3rd down) to trying to score as fast as he could vs Russell Wilson before the half instead of milking the clock to the 4th and 16 idiocy yesterday (I know I'm missing some other head scratchers) he has looked completely overmatched as a head coach. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, hx214 said:

The guy sent the punt team out on the field

Freddie says that the punt team ran out onto the field.....but he wasn't going to punt anymore.

He did not SEND them out there.  He takes blame for them going out there because he said he should've made it clear that they weren't going to punt if it got to 4th down.

He said it would've taken too long to switch teams, and he didn't want to use his TO, so he just had somebody false start to stop the clock, take the penalty, and send the offense out.

15 minutes ago, Orion said:

Freddie says that the punt team ran out onto the field.....but he wasn't going to punt anymore.

He did not SEND them out there.  He takes blame for them going out there because he said he should've made it clear that they weren't going to punt if it got to 4th down.

He said it would've taken too long to switch teams, and he didn't want to use his TO, so he just had somebody false start to stop the clock, take the penalty, and send the offense out.

This team is a disorganized mess.

It falls on the head coach. 

• Upvote 1

I questioned the decision to make Kitchens the HC, but thought it might work out. He might turn into a decent HC at some point, but he has a lot to learn and he doesn't appear to be a quick learner. He may not be the only problem with this team right now, but he is definitely the biggest problem. My choice would have been to keep Greg Williams as HC for a couple seasons at least, to see how things worked. Dorsey, obviously did not think Williams was the best choice. ...probably due to his abrasive personality. I guess they figured we've already seen enough arguing / fighting within. I hate to see another coaching change so quick, but what other choice do we have? He's killing the season. 

7 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

I questioned the decision to make Kitchens the HC, but thought it might work out. He might turn into a decent HC at some point, but he has a lot to learn and he doesn't appear to be a quick learner. He may not be the only problem with this team right now, but he is definitely the biggest problem. My choice would have been to keep Greg Williams as HC for a couple seasons at least, to see how things worked. Dorsey, obviously did not think Williams was the best choice. ...probably due to his abrasive personality. I guess they figured we've already seen enough arguing / fighting within. I hate to see another coaching change so quick, but what other choice do we have? He's killing the season. 

Your  POV may be that Freddie is the  biggest  problem, but forget it. He's Dorsey's hand picked HC. And he's going to  get at least  until the end of the season, regardless of  how far south it goes. 

It's  never  happened to my knowledge that  a new HC has been  fired  after just eight  games, and its not happening  now. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Your  POV may be that Freddie is the  biggest  problem, but forget it. He's Dorsey's hand picked HC. And he's going to  get at least  until the end of the season, regardless of  how far south it goes. 

It's  never  happened to my knowledge that  a new HC has been  fired  after just eight  games, and its not happening  now. 

Yep, and it shouldn't happen. 

He does have a lot to prove. But looking at the last 2 games in particular, the Browns played better overall, but shot themselves in the foot with penalties and ultimately turnovers.

The penalties, if not drastically reduced, could be Freddy's downfall. 

Me- I'm sick of crappy football. But what's yet another "wait til next year" at this point? So effing used to it....

50 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I don't want to see him get fired in mid season either. I really would like to keep him here for at least 3 seasons, hoping he will learn from his mistakes. I just haven't seen any indication that he will become an adequate HC, but it really is too soon, I guess. It's just a shame to waste all the talent with a coach who can't use it. I'm not so sure he was " hand picked" by Dorsey. Dorsey doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to stake his reputation on a RB coach becoming a good HC. 

Hardly anybody wants another mid-season coaching change, and we're going to avoid it this year. Starting with a beat down this weekend. 

Freddie has been bad, I admit it, but it's time to get better. Even if we don't realize our full potential, we simply MUST end the second half of the season well. 

17 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hardly anybody wants another mid-season coaching change, and we're going to avoid it this year. Starting with a beat down this weekend. 

Freddie has been bad, I admit it, but it's time to get better. Even if we don't realize our full potential, we simply MUST end the second half of the season well. 

6-3 gets  us to .500, 7 -2 may be  good  enough to get  in  the playoffs. Underperforming? Sure, by some  folks  standards. The problem as I've said  elsewhere is the "big names" we've  brought  in- and you know  who  they are, have yet to produce  what their  reputation  coming  in says they should be doing. That can't  all be  blamed on  bad coaching.

• Thanks 2

There's no excuse to not win this weekend, period. We're better overall at every position group and as noted they're starting an inexperienced back-up. 

I'm hoping we see that corner turned with Kitchens. It's fair to say despite his short comings that 4 of our 5 losses are against top 10 teams in the NFL (ESPN rankings are 1,2, 6, and 10). We have a lot of winnable games ahead.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

6-3 gets  us to .500, 7 -2 may be  good  enough to get  in  the playoffs. Underperforming? Sure, by some  folks  standards. The problem as I've said  elsewhere is the "big names" we've  brought  in- and you know  who  they are, have yet to produce  what their  reputation  coming  in says they should be doing. That can't  all be  blamed on  bad coaching.

And that's just it, there's no WAY all of our team's follies can be blamed on coaching.  I mean, our star RB had the freaking ball kicked out of his hands by our star LG and it rolled directly to the defense for a TD.  That's not coaching.  The part that IS coaching is difficult to identify, but many fans seem to be unhappy with the challenges, the clock management, the playcalling, and the personnel decisions.  I get WHY the coaches want Calloway out there, but why isn't Higgins playing more?  Higgins comes in and Baker immediately throws a beautiful DOWN THE FIELD dime to him, and Higgins catches it.  Unfortunately we got screwed by a bad call, but they happen.  The point is, Higgins came into the game, and Baker immediately found him.  Twice in a row, basically.

So yes, the coach has to answer for a lot, and he doesn't do himself ANY favors with his press conferences.  He sounds EXACTLY like Hue Jackson, and that's not a good thing at all.  Gregg Williams had the best pressers I've seen for a Browns coach, but I guess they're going to be good when you actually get a few W's.  

Bad coaching also can't account for OBJ leading our team in dropped passes.  That's something I don't understand, and it HAS to get ironed out.  Bad coaching can't account for our star RB fumbling 3 times in two games, when he didn't fumble ONCE all year as a rookie.  Alas, Nick Chubb basically doomed our team in both games, and that's just how it goes sometimes.  Chubb is my favorite player on the team, and he's an absolute BEAST.  It breaks my heart that he fumbled three times because I can visually see how much it hurts him.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Denver is supposed to be starting their 2nd string QB Brandon Allen.

If someone has an early line on the game, please post it.

I think he is actually like 3rd string.  Isn't Drew Lock 2d string...and he is hurt too?

Besides, if  you got rid of Freddie, who would take over?   Wilks?  He was dumped after one year in AZ....and has his hands full getting this defense to play better.   Monken? Is he any better/more experienced than Freddie?

I see no one on the list of coaches for this team with any kind of HC experience.   At least last year we had Williams. In some other years we had guys like Al Saunders and the like to take over if necessary.   And bringing someone in from the outside as an interim HC?    NOT feasible imo.

• Upvote 1

I have a real problem with the idea that Freddie is getting fired during his first season as head coach.

But Dorsey has shown that he is not afraid to dump people who have not performed like he thought they would, or who are not a good fit for the Browns by trading away two of HIS 2018 draft picks in Corbett and Avery already.

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think he is actually like 3rd string.  Isn't Drew Lock 2d string...and he is hurt too?

Besides, if  you got rid of Freddie, who would take over?   Wilks?  He was dumped after one year in AZ....and has his hands full getting this defense to play better.   Monken? Is he any better/more experienced than Freddie?

I see no one on the list of coaches for this team with any kind of HC experience.   At least last year we had Williams. In some other years we had guys like Al Saunders and the like to take over if necessary.   And bringing someone in from the outside as an interim HC?    NOT feasible imo.

I'm not a fan of firing a head coach midway through the season, it almost never works out well.

According to the Broncos depth chart, there's only 2 QB's listed on the 53 man roster. . .

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart

image.thumb.png.1f5f872976fb74efd1a961f009d0188d.png