Jump to content
7moses7

Freddie fired

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Maybe I  should  start a poll, are the Browns  cursed, or what?

Yes, they're cursed. 

Mainly though, they can't get out of their own way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team.  Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team.  Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.

Partially because established and winning head coaches might just possibly have another job already? 

Plus it's usually a sucker's bet to think that picking an apple off a winning coaches tree, like Belichick, doesn't often work out. Like hiring Bill Wyman to play bass and wondering why your band isn't as good as the Rolling Stones.

Adam gase? Bruce Arians? Just for the record if we were not worried that Freddie would have gone elsewhere I'd have liked to see him stay at OC and keep Gregg Williams as head coach.

WSS

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.

4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.

As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.

Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.

Beyond that,   Prove it.  Provide affidavits.  And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!

LeBron still  loves Cleveland/Akron.  Still has his home here. He just went to LA to semi-retire and to try to get into being a Hollywood producer.  Stars in his eyes and all that. 

In fact, I hear that he may have to come stay back here, because his home in LA is like right in the area where fires  are destroying a lot of houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team.  Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.

The Browns do seem to want to bring in the "hot new" coordinator or something.  So, OK, "lack of experience and unproven"  is an issue.  On the other hand, when they have brought in experienced coaches, they have fared no better:   Hue Jackson (former Raiders HC),  Eric Mangini (Jets).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.

4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.

As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.

It does seem that way......but the fact is, the Browns have 9 games to play.....and very well could be favored to win all of them   (mjp has failed to show the spreads on these upcoming games...despite being asked to do so numerous times).

If he sorely fucks up these games...with the talent now on this team, then we will know that what you say is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot. 

I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices.   But I think this has to be on Dorsey.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices.   But I think this has to be on Dorsey.

Same here because I am not impressed with Haslam and I like Dorsey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Maybe I  should  start a poll, are the Browns  cursed, or what?

It’s like I said in another post, I think the Browns HAVE to be cursed.  I mean, what other explanation is there?  How many times have you EVER seen an offensive lineman fall down and hit feet inexplicably swings upwards to perfectly hit a ball from a running back’s grasp and then have the ball roll directly to a defensive player for a touchdown?  Have you EVER seen it?  I know I have not, and that’s just the beginning. 

How about the breakaway Chubb fumble?  We had one of those last year with Calloway, and here we are, doing it again THIS year.  Have you ever seen two teams do that in back to back years?  What about the Baker interceptions that bounce off receivers only to sail directly to defenders?  How many of THOSE are we going to see?  A defensive lineman that beats our all pro guard and INTERCEPTS a pass? 

I could go on and on, but there’s really no point.  SOMETHING is just very wrong with our team, and what really hurts is the fact we all believed we were DONE with this crap.  We thought that we were really on our way, but the reality is…”We’re the same old Browns.”

Lord, I want to be wrong.  Heck, I’d love NOTHING MORE than to be wrong.  But who the heck are we going to beat when we just GIVE the games away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yes, they're cursed. 

Mainly though, they can't get out of their own way.

Sadly, maybe so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.

Beyond that,   Prove it.  Provide affidavits.  And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be. 

I have my legal secretary working on that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I have my legal secretary working on that now.

I don't believe for moment that you have a legal secretary.  Poseur. All you can do is look at my profile...and pretend to be like me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I saw where there were about 6 or 7 first year coaches in the NFL.

Only the GB coach has a winning season, the others were as bad a record, or winless.

It's not on the coach - the Browns are playing 100% for Kitchens and the rest of the coaches.

Some of you would have fired Chuck Noll after his first year:

Chuck Noll Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro ...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm
  •  
  • YEAR

Well a glaring difference is Noll, Rooney and everyone in Pittsburgh knew that  the ‘68 team had absolutely no talent. Only 5 players on the ‘68 team were still in Pittsburgh on the 74 championship team. 
 

In Cleveland, we think we have a damn good roster, certainly talented enough to win the AFC North, and still put on a pathetic display of ineptitude every Sunday. 
 

Not really apples to apples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColumbusKing said:

Well a glaring difference is Noll, Rooney and everyone in Pittsburgh knew that  the ‘68 team had absolutely no talent. Only 5 players on the ‘68 team were still in Pittsburgh on the 74 championship team. 
 

In Cleveland, we think we have a damn good roster, certainly talented enough to win the AFC North, and still put on a pathetic display of ineptitude every Sunday. 
 

Not really apples to apples.

Fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

LeBron still  loves Cleveland/Akron.  Still has his home here. He just went to LA to semi-retire and to try to get into being a Hollywood producer.  Stars in his eyes and all that. 

In fact, I hear that he may have to come stay back here, because his home in LA is like right in the area where fires  are destroying a lot of houses.

That is a compelling argument Gipper. You are saying Lebron is deciding between being burned alive in a massive fire or moving back to Ohio? By the way Einstein, Akron and Cleveland are not the same place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't believe for moment that you have a legal secretary.  Poseur. All you can do is look at my profile...and pretend to be like me.

 

Really, you mean I might have been using sarcasm? Good for you Gipper. You are going to be ok  after all. Hang in there. Therapy can be a long road but we are all pulling for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

That is a compelling argument Gipper. You are saying Lebron is deciding between being burned alive in a massive fire or moving back to Ohio? By the way Einstein, Akron and Cleveland are not the same place.

They are in the same agglomeration.  You would know that if you were from here.   And it is not a matter of choosing one or the other.....he has a job that pays him millions of dollars, so he has to stay in LA.    But the reports were that he was literally driving around the streets of LA looking for a place to stay and not being able to find one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

Really, you mean I might have been using sarcasm? Good for you Gipper. You are going to be ok  after all. Hang in there. Therapy can be a long road but we are all pulling for you. 

No, I don't think you were using sarcasm.  I just think you are a liar.   I told you in my first reply to you:  my therapy is by pulling the wings off little flies like you and then feeding you to the spiders. (I wouldn't actually do that to a real fly....just to poseurs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basketball star LeBron James and his family have joined hundreds of thousands of Californians forced to evacuate their homes by raging wildfires.

The L.A. Lakers player posted to Twitter that his family had to flee their home in Los Angeles because of a nearby brush fire.

“Man these LA (fires) aren’t no joke,” James wrote in the 3:53 a.m. post. “Had to emergency evacuate my house and I’ve been driving around with my family trying to get rooms. No luck so far!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No, I don't think you were using sarcasm.  I just think you are a liar.   I told you in my first reply to you:  my therapy is by pulling the wings off little flies like you and then feeding you to the spiders. (I wouldn't actually do that to a real fly....just to poseurs)

It's going to be ok. One day you can afford to leave like Lebron and I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Basketball star LeBron James and his family have joined hundreds of thousands of Californians forced to evacuate their homes by raging wildfires.

The L.A. Lakers player posted to Twitter that his family had to flee their home in Los Angeles because of a nearby brush fire.

“Man these LA (fires) aren’t no joke,” James wrote in the 3:53 a.m. post. “Had to emergency evacuate my house and I’ve been driving around with my family trying to get rooms. No luck so far!”

That is one reason I would never live there. Yet he chose that over Cleveland. I have to travel to LA a ton. It is a dump. That has to hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

It's going to be ok. One day you can afford to leave like Lebron and I did. 

Except, as I said, LeBron has not left.  His domicile is still here.  Just off Crystal Lake Rd.  He also has a residence in  LA for occupational purposes.  I can be there in about 8 minutes if you want me to check on it for you. He used to be  in walking distance when he lived in Wadsworth like I do.

But, you are right about one thing:  I would never want to move to Seattle (or LA) with their overpriced real estate, and their overpriced coffee.  Again...that word:  Value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

That is one reason I would never live there. Yet he chose that over Cleveland. I have to travel to LA a ton. It is a dump. That has to hurt.

He chose the movie industry. Sorry you are too obtuse to comprehend that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Gipper said:

He chose the movie industry. Sorry you are too obtuse to comprehend that.

That is a nice word. Did it occur to you that I might be in the movie industry? Many of us do not live full time in LA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

That is a nice word. Did it occur to you that I might be in the movie industry? Many of us do not live full time in LA. 

No, it didn't occur to me at all....but now that I think of it.....sure, you are just that kind of flaky.

(my favorite use of the word....obtuse....comes from a movie:  Shawshank Redemption.  One of the best movies ever....made right here in Northeast Ohio.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No, it didn't occur to me at all....but now that I think of it.....sure, you are just that kind of flaky.

(my favorite use of the word....obtuse....comes from a movie:  Shawshank Redemption.  One of the best movies ever....made right here in Northeast Ohio.)

Actually I love that movie. I did not know it was filmed in Ohio either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×