THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I knew who Joe Brady was.......I just never heard him called  "Coach".

And certainly I know why he had his name changed that way....  Cajun and all that. 

And I am the one that said that before this season,  Joe Burrow would have been lucky to have been a 6th round pick....ergo the Tom Brady reference.

And you are the one that goes gutless when you are wrong.

You complained about the way I did the trivia....so I said that I was turning the task over to you.   And where have you been with it all year?  You pussied out on doing it.  

When you discontinue being a gutless puss...maybe you can come and criticize. 

Hahahaha. No, I said you complain when people don't do it, i.e. saying they must not know if they don't.

You can turn it over all you want, I don't have any interest in doing it.

But please you cocky, unlikable man don't make me go back on all the times you have either been wrong, or just went crazy on someone for having a differing opinion than yours.

But let's play this out for a second, you think every LSU player calls Joe Brady Joe? Or maybe they call him coach, ya know since he is one?

You are also the same person when the Browns, you know YOUR team that you have such strong opinions about, signed a player that actually asked what position that individual played. Yet you have all these other opinions on who/what is good. Now you want to make it seem as you were the 1st person who had Burrow as a later pick. Yet until the post that I read you have called him Burrows every time that I read.

You may not realize this but the way you post, argue, don't listen to any differing opinion, and don't seem to get along with others comes off as Gh**lie Lite.

But we can have a contest pal. Take out each other (You and I) and any interaction with the man not to be named and even go with percentage of posts since you have way more than me. And see how many posts total that each have been wrong and got into an argument/insulted someone. Loser leaves for good. You down with that?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Appreciate the subtle ness of that.

but tend to agree with the general sentiment. This move seems like they have a guy in mind and wanted to make the job available absolutely ASAP. That or they though Freddie was going to steal footballs on the way out.

I'd be shocked if we didn't hire someone almost immediately. 

I kept supporting Freddiem but lost it the last two games. As a "hc", he ran the team into the ground, lost em, however ya want to say it.

I don't believe Dorsey was making the draft decisions all by himself, but the Browns players were just playing frustrated as all hell.

With all the talent they have, the right coach will be WANTING the job, instead of avoiding it.

And as Jigs said - that 3rd and one call was a killer. Just not smart. The play calling kept getting worse and worse, permanently alienating players, Njoku for instance, and some others I suppose.

Another coach. But the Browns have the talent to win now. The right coach will have them winning big.

• Like 2

I've had this feeling that certain players were told that this is coming, maybe as far as 2 or 3 weeks ago... 

I can't remember who tweeted it today, but they mentioned that Kitchens in-week preparation was some of the worst people have seen in a long time. Also, it was pointed out that the Browns were still trying to get their offense installed during the OTAs this spring, which might have been what Baker was talking about when he mentioned that "next year we need to actually accomplish things during OTAs". 

Curious to see what if any changes happen in the front office. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Hahahaha. No, I said you complain when people don't do it, i.e. saying they must not know if they don't.

You can turn it over all you want, I don't have any interest in doing it.

Right...you just want to criticize...not contribute. 

But please you cocky, unlikable man don't make me go back on all the times you have either been wrong, or just went crazy on someone for having a differing opinion than yours.

You can do so...if you want.....(crickets)....while you are doing so....go down on yourself...since self love and no effort seems to be your thing.

But let's play this out for a second, you think every LSU player calls Joe Brady Joe? Or maybe they call him coach, ya know since he is one?

I don't know what they say....I only said that I personally have never heard him called that by anyone...and that is why I was confused because I thought that Flugel may have been referring to a third party....I did not say that no one else has ever said that about him. 

You are also the same person when the Browns, you know YOUR team that you have such strong opinions about, signed a player that actually asked what position that individual played. Yet you have all these other opinions on who/what is good.

That IS after all, what this board is for, is it not?  Expressing opinions?   Or...maybe your thought is that it is just for  bitching at others that have original ideas, without you ever having to come up with one yourself.

Now you want to make it seem as you were the 1st person who had Burrow as a later pick. Yet until the post that I read you have called him Burrows every time that I read.

I am CERTAIN that I am not the first person that had Burrows as a later pick....as this being his 5th year ...he has never in his career warranted being considered higher than that.  I never actually thought anything about him at all in association with the draft until this year. As for his name....I don't care.  It is just spelling dude.  Not something to get hung up on.  I have seen Burroughs spelled many ways.  Go Rumpelstiltskin if you want over it. 

You may not realize this but the way you post, argue, don't listen to any differing opinion, and don't seem to get along with others comes off as Gh**lie Lite.

Except...of course, I do listen, and do accept the opinions of others, who make sense.  Always have, always will.  Now....when are you going to come up with one of those.

Oh...OK....I accept your "opinion"  that I spelled Burreaux's name wrong.   There you go. 

But we can have a contest pal. Take out each other (You and I) and any interaction with the man not to be named and even go with percentage of posts since you have way more than me. And see how many posts total that each have been wrong and got into an argument/insulted someone. Loser leaves for good. You down with that?

You are under the mistaken perception that I care about whether you think I am right, wrong, or indifferent. And you are mistaken that I care if you think I insulted you...or anyone else.     To quote Fleetwood Mac "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to". I am not keeping any score on that sort of thing.   Maybe you are.  The only count I will give to you is  just got three things wrong in that last paragraph about me, as you can see.  So...you can consider yourself the loser and leave for good if you want.  It don't make no difference to me.   You have hardly shown your head on hear all season long.  Perhaps you could explain that to yourself and others  (not to me, I don't care).  Me....I am just here for the entertainment value...and at this point it still has that value to me.   So, come, or go, as you please.  If you want to whine, bitch, moan, and groan about whatever I say or do....that is an issue you have with you, yourself, and you.  You can keep me out of it, because I am not responsible for your mental state.  But, if you would like, I can make a referral. 

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Curious to see what if any changes happen in the front office

I want Freddie AND Dorsey gone. I know, people think I'm crazy, but I don't believe he deserves more time. He hired the coach, he goes down with him. Peace out, douche bag. 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

I want Freddie AND Dorsey gone. I know, people think I'm crazy, but I don't believe he deserves more time. He hired the coach, he goes down with him. Peace out, douche bag. 

Hiring Freddie was a big swing and a miss, but I would have no problem if Dorsey stays for the next coach. The guy can get talent, but methinks the next head coaching search will be a collaborative effort this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hiring Freddie was a big swing and a miss, but I would have no problem if Dorsey stays for the next coach. The guy can get talent, but methinks the next head coaching search will be a collaborative effort this time. 

I don't know man, missing on the 2nd AND 3rd round picks is pretty awful. Yeah, he got Chubb, but he needed two 2nd round picks to do it. 

2 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know man, missing on the 2nd AND 3rd round picks is pretty awful. Yeah, he got Chubb, but he needed two 2nd round picks to do it. 

Not to mention the blow up of the offensive line but we can’t fire him as Dutch will have to throw his I heart Dorsey nightie in the bin

2 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know man, missing on the 2nd AND 3rd round picks is pretty awful.

Are you kidding?   We've had GM's consistently missing on FIRST round picks.   He's the best we've had in a looong time.   Is he perfect? No.  He gets a little trade crazed at times....and can't pick an OLineman.  But he's helped us talent-wise quite a bit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Not to mention the blow up of the offensive line but we can’t fire him as Dutch will have to throw his I heart Dorsey nightie in the bin

Remember that time that you got called out by multiple people as being obsessed with Sashi and you threw a hissy fit and threatened to never come back to this board? That was hilarious, you tender hearted English bitch. 😝

He had to go no doubt but I feel bad for him. I believe he genuinely loved the Browns, the fans and wanted to win. He simply didn’t have the ability to be a head coach. That isn’t as much a reflection on his failure but moreso in those who gave him the job. Many will lay that at Dorsey’s feet but there are those who might suggest Kitchens was actually pushed by Jimmy. Pauline and Albright both reported several weeks ago that Jimmy wanted to keep Kitchens and Dorsey did not. As long as Jimmy and Dee keep picking coaches and over riding everyone’s advice on coaches we are screwed. 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

FC88F754-D413-42FE-BCCA-54E81B8CC932.jpeg

Were you THAT oblivious Freddie? Gosh, those were some bonehead play calls over the course of the year, and the team showed zero improvement. I was at the game today, and it looked like most of the team already had their bags packed to get out of town. Getting DOMINATED by a one win team? Totally unacceptable- that loss was the final nail in your HC coffin. 

23 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Nah, The Dorse is going nowhere- at least yet. Promoting Freddie was a big mistake- I hope he learned something from it.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I want Freddie AND Dorsey gone.

I know, people think I'm crazy, Got my vote before week 1

but I don't believe he deserves more time. You Don't Matter..

He hired the coach, he goes down with him. No Dorsey did not..Dorsey broke a tie at 2 a piece and as he should have, he broke the tie... not Haslam

Peace out, douche bag. Do you honestly think Dorsey is giving Kitchens official firing statement if Haslam has plans of firing him?

careful what ya ask for.. this talent sorely needs a no nonsense coach... that won't need to be scrambling for a staff 

1 minute ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Firing Freddie on Monday = get outta here!

Firing Freddie tonight = get the FUCK outta here!

I thought there was a possibility he was going to get axed after the Ravens 1:28 fiasco. Halfback pass, and the Ratbirds had no timeouts. Sub HS clock management. That wasn't the only instance of it either. It was mentioned at the game- apparently Baker had to call a timeout because Freddie was slow getting the play in.  After 16 games. 

2 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

Freddie didn't deserve the job to begin with.

Ding-ding-ding. No prior experience at any level. You don't get the keys to the car just because you had one decent season as OC. He had no business being a HC. If that's the case then I could have put an application in to be the HC. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Firing Freddie on Monday = get outta here!

Firing Freddie tonight = get the FUCK outta here!

I think they wanted possible HC candidates to know our situation asap.

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Were you THAT oblivious Freddie? Gosh, those were some bonehead play calls over the course of the year, and the team showed zero improvement. I was at the game today, and it looked like most of the team already had their bags packed to get out of town. Getting DOMINATED by a one win team? Totally unacceptable- that loss was the final nail in your HC coffin. 

Nah, The Dorse is going nowhere- at least yet. Promoting Freddie was a big mistake- I hope he learned something from it.  

Freddie was as clueless about the fact that he was going to be fired, as he was clueless about the fact that his players were not behind him as he was as clueless about how to manage a football game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

He had to go no doubt but I feel bad for him. I believe he genuinely loved the Browns, the fans and wanted to win. He simply didn’t have the ability to be a head coach. That isn’t as much a reflection on his failure but moreso in those who gave him the job. Many will lay that at Dorsey’s feet but there are those who might suggest Kitchens was actually pushed by Jimmy. Pauline and Albright both reported several weeks ago that Jimmy wanted to keep Kitchens and Dorsey did not. As long as Jimmy and Dee keep picking coaches and over riding everyone’s advice on coaches we are screwed. 

This! I still have no idea what they were thinking. If they loved Freddie so much keep GW and his dopey son and the rest of core intact. Give Greg a 2+1 with team option at the end.  Have him learn for 2 years and let go of Williams after that to get experience. This wasn't rocket science.

• Upvote 3