THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie fired

7moses7

I never got how the penalties were on the coach. 

What’s a new coach going to come in and say? 

Coach -“Hey Olinemen, don’t hold the defenders! “

Olineman - “Holy Shit! We never thought of that! We’ve only played OLine since we were 6 years old and nobody told us we can’t do that!”

Coach - “Hey don’t fumble or throw INT’s!”

Team - “Man this guy is the greatest coach ever!!!”

Now, if you want to talk about play calling or clock management. I’ll listen.

I don't want him fired, but I'm aggravated about all these damn penalties. Yeah, some of them (today) are BS, but we do know when Greg Williams came in, the penalties were few and far between.

Pre snap penalties all season. I don't get it. 

• Upvote 1

I am just wondering...... where does Ohio rank in education? You all seem pretty stupid. As a well educated Seahawk fan, I do find you all very amusing. I hope none of you are offended. I would even support tax credits or some kind of government assistance for all of you.

I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I am just wondering...... where does Ohio rank in education? You all seem pretty stupid. As a well educated Seahawk fan, I do find you all very amusing. I hope none of you are offended. I would even support tax credits or some kind of government assistance for all of you.

Enlighten us then oh wise fuck stick or go the fuck away. What should we be saying?

I saw where there were about 6 or 7 first year coaches in the NFL.

Only the GB coach has a winning season, the others were as bad a record, or winless.

It's not on the coach - the Browns are playing 100% for Kitchens and the rest of the coaches.

Some of you would have fired Chuck Noll after his first year:

Chuck Noll Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro ...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm
  •  
  • YEAR

4 minutes ago, LeftEdge said:

Enlighten us then oh wise fuck stick or go the fuck away. What should we be saying?

I am just trying to lighten the mood. The Browns are going to be fine. Mayfield is young and Chubb is a beast. 

2 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

At what level?  You have proven that you can apply kindergarten level insult tactics.  And I doubt that your actual education is all that and a bag of chips.  And at which level do you want this ranking?   Grade school, high school, tech school, college, graduate level.  And do rankings really matter?  

And you would think then that a great education, say, like, a degree from the Wharton School of Business, would make someone come off as educated...but obviously that is not the case.  On the other hand, no formal education does not necessarily prohibit someone from succcess. Abraham Lincoln had like a whole year of formal education.  

But, if you insist on dick measuring contest,  Right here in the quarter acre in which I sit, there will soon be 7 degrees among 4 people.  4 Bachelor degrees, a Masters, a JD, and soon a PhD. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Now that the schedule gets somewhat easier, lets fire the coach because we lost to the really good teams.

Exactly...I am still of the opinion that the Browns will compete for this division.

I will only say that, sure, the experience of the coaches in Balt. and Pitt. do give them an edge over Freddie....and that yes, Freddie is still a big, big question mark.    But, often Question Marks leave others crying 96 tears. 

1 hour ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I am not sure you folks understand. No real coach is willing to move to Cleveland. You get that right?

Except, of course, arguably the two best coaches in history used to coach the Browns:  Paul Brown and Bill Belichick. 

Art Modell fucked it up with both of them.

If you want to use your kiddiegarter insults on Modell....by all means, go at it. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Except, of course, arguably the two best coaches in history used to coach the Browns:  Paul Brown and Bill Belichick. 

Art Modell fucked it up with both of them.

If you want to use your kiddiegarter insults on Modell....by all means, go at it. 

First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

At what level?  You have proven that you can apply kindergarten level insult tactics.  And I doubt that your actual education is all that and a bag of chips.  And at which level do you want this ranking?   Grade school, high school, tech school, college, graduate level.  And do rankings really matter?  

And you would think then that a great education, say, like, a degree from the Wharton School of Business, would make someone come off as educated...but obviously that is not the case.  On the other hand, no formal education does not necessarily prohibit someone from succcess. Abraham Lincoln had like a whole year of formal education.  

But, if you insist on dick measuring contest,  Right here in the quarter acre in which I sit, there will soon be 7 degrees among 4 people.  4 Bachelor degrees, a Masters, a JD, and soon a PhD. 

Huh? 

4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

How are the Sonics doing bro?

Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to their forum?

I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently. 

Maybe I  should  start a poll, are the Browns  cursed, or what?

• Like 1

Absolutely comical reading this thread and seeing people out there who believe the Head Freaking Coach has no influence on ball handling, penalties, attention to detail, discipline.  I can't believe what I'm freaking reading.

This is an absolute shit show that falls squarely onto the shoulders of the head coach. And it's not the play calling, I think the play calling has been generally fine this year, except for maybe being completely unprepared for San Francisco.  The lack of attention to details and lack of discipline is stunning and the Head coach has MAJOR inlfuence of that.  These are things that should have been ironed out in July and August while Freddie had them bashing each others heads into mush.  We've done stuff for seven weeks that the Patriots NEVER do.  It absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with coaching.  

Put Belichick on the Browns, Kitches on the Pats,  and the result is flipped. Not a doubt in my mind.

Listen, I wanted Kitchens too, but it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that he was a tremendous mistake. I admit I was a moron for wanting him.  It's not that hard to admit when it's this obvious. MAN UP.  There's a reason this guy hadn't even been a coordinator yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1