THE BROWNS BOARD

2020 Opponents

Tour2ma

Cleveland will host the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Colts, Eagles, Washington and the Broncos.

The Browns will travel to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville and the New York Jets.

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/cleveland-browns-2020-opponents

• Upvote 2

The Browns will travel to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville and the New York Jets

Not sure any of those are in the cards for me to get to, though right now I only have one trip scheduled during football season.....about a 10 day deal in Southern Utah and maybe parts of Southern Colorado   from Mid to end of October. 

Though, if a group from the board is going to one of these....I could perhaps consider it.   None of them fit my travel bucket list just right....but maybe I could squeeze something out of it. 

48 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Looks like 11-5 to me...  :ph34r:

I'm so very glad you accepted the HC job and will also be in charge of our draft this year. Has to be far better than the clownshow that is the Cleveland Browns.🙈🎪

Now I can tell you which players to use each week. I just won my FFL and am seriously considering staying in a Holiday Inn Express before my job interview.🎡😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Cleveland will host the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Colts, Eagles, Washington and the Broncos.

The Browns will travel to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville and the New York Jets.

Wow very nice road schedule only one time zone change

4 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

We play the Jets again? That's the third year in a row. The NFL is really trying to make Mayfield vs Darnold a thing, I guess.

The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.

You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos) 

Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nero said:

The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.

You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos) 

Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway. 

I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.

The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry.  The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen. 

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.

The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry.  The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen. 

Well....in conjunction with  the soon to be attempt to expand the regular season,  I have heard  some suggestions about how, if they did have a 17th game, they could increase the number of rivalry games. 

Things like having the two NY teams play every year,   and the (now)  2 LA teams.   Baltimore and Washington.    Interstate rivalries like  Tampa/Miami; Pittsburgh/Philly;  Dallas/Houston;   and some other natural rivalries:    Cleveland/Detroit   and others.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Orion said:

I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.

According to the ol' Google machine, the Browns haven't played on Thanksgiving since 1989, with only the LA Rams having a longer Thanksgiving drought, since 1975. Jacksonville Jaguars have never had a Thanksgiving game, but they're a much younger franchise. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

1994 vs Cowboys? 19-14 victory?

There was a company Christmas party that eve.  VP was a Cowboys fan.   We were both trying to find out what was happening (no smartphones).

2 hours ago, Orion said:

You're right, I have Eric Turner's interception burned in as Thanksgiving......but it wasn't.

It was probably the turkey and too much stuffing and gravy.  :blink:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

It was probably the turkey and too much stuffing and gravy.  :blink:

...and it wasn't even an INT.  lol    One of his arms was so bad that day that he couldn't even lift it hardly.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That'd be cool...

In any case this is my road trip game for 2020.

I think I may do that one as well.  Haven't been to an away game for a few years since I "road trip" up to 6-7 home games a year.  I plan on selling some tickets this year.  I plan on selling the Steelers and Colts games.  I know Steeler fans travel and figure there will be plenty of Colts fans looking for tickets.  I had this thing about not wanting visiting fans sitting in my seats.  Screw that, Browns fans don't buy the seats.  I am putting them on the ticket exchange and make some money.  I don't care who sits in them.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

1994 vs Cowboys? 19-14 victory?

I remember that game. It might have been Eric Turner who stuffed Novacek at the 1 yard line on a TE slant as time expired. 

I think that game clinched a playoff berth too. Late December.

*Last time Browns played Dallas in Dallas, I was there. Brandon Weeden Weedenized, threw the ball away on 4th & 3. Then Buster Skrine got called for PI about three plays in a row.  23-20 Cowboys in yet another game the Browns threw away. 

We did travel for a Thanksgiving game to Dallas, with the "great😕" Paul McDonald and got killed back in the 80s.

Also, it seems there was a scheduling error, we have the Raiders instead of hideous Denver now.

Go Browns

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I think I may do that one as well.  Haven't been to an away game for a few years since I "road trip" up to 6-7 home games a year.  I plan on selling some tickets this year.  I plan on selling the Steelers and Colts games.  I know Steeler fans travel and figure there will be plenty of Colts fans looking for tickets.  I had this thing about not wanting visiting fans sitting in my seats.  Screw that, Browns fans don't buy the seats.  I am putting them on the ticket exchange and make some money.  I don't care who sits in them.

I finally  reached that level of  apathy  this year too  'Peen. When I  can't  hardly  give  away tickets to the relatives,  I  reached the  "screw  it" level too. 

Don't  look at  it as a way to make  money  though.  More like cut your losses. The Rams and Steelers  games were selling  for  well  above face  value,  but some others  were getting  50 cents on a dollar,  and the Bengals game didn't  sell  at all. :(

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I remember that game. It might have been Eric Turner who stuffed Novacek at the 1 yard line on a TE slant as time expired. 

I think that game clinched a playoff berth too. Late December.

*Last time Browns played Dallas in Dallas, I was there. Brandon Weeden Weedenized, threw the ball away on 4th & 3. Then Buster Skrine got called for PI about three plays in a row.  23-20 Cowboys in yet another game the Browns threw away. 

We did travel for a Thanksgiving game to Dallas, with the "great😕" Paul McDonald and got killed back in the 80s.

Also, it seems there was a scheduling error, we have the Raiders instead of hideous Denver now.

Go Browns

Ahhhhh, memories.  :):(

It can be tough being a BROWNS fan..... sometimes.  Good memories from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s though.

• Upvote 1