THE BROWNS BOARD

Last game as Browns Fan?

cdl15

11 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

So cool bro. Never met an internet tough guy.

... and you still haven't. Gip is anything but...

This was my last game as a Browns fan, too... for 2019.

See you next year...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and you still haven't. Gip is anything but...

That is right...I am not.  Never try to be.  

On the other hand...this guy is proclaiming that he wishes to be a Quisling.  And you know what fate Quislings deserve:

Vidkun Quisling was put on trial during the legal purge in Norway after World War II. He was found guilty of charges including embezzlement, murder and high treason against the Norwegian state, and was sentenced to death. He was executed by firing squad at Akershus Fortress, Oslo, on 24 October 1945. The word "quisling" became a byword for "collaborator" or "traitor" in several languages, reflecting the contempt with which Quisling's conduct has been regarded, both at the time and since his death.

19 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Not just hyperbole but possibly reality. My fandom has been severally waning since the whole Farmer/Manziel/Shanahan/Hoyer debacle or cellphone-gate. I was super pumped on Kyle Shanahan several years before he signed on with the browns. When he did I was over the moon. And it was an instant fit. I figured if Pettine flamed out that the browns had the future HOFer coach already in the building. And now there is no way in any circumstances Kyle ever even considers the dumpster fire browns. And that list is longer than coaches that actually dream about being the browns coach.

Present day after several years of struggling to gain traction the Cleveland Browns actually have the slightest bit of momentum. But in classic CBrowns style they just can't be patient and let the process unfold.  Chances are Haslem is going to fire rookie head coach Freddie kitchens after a possible 7 wins. What the actual FUCK? If he wins today he will have 1 less win then the browns had in the last 3 seasons combined. Unforgivable. Imagine of the cowboys fired JJ after his 1-15 season? But, what seems like always, the browns front brass just can't drown out the outside noise. They are constantly trying to be the smartest person in the room they aren't even in yet. This organization has been in dire need of consistency and continuity. Even if that is consistently being mediocre. The constant demand for lighting in a bottle is a major turn off as a fan.  

Josh McDaniels and Urban Meyers is fool's gold at best. And who's to say they choose the browns? IMO the browns are possibly they worst or second worst job if in the HC 2020 hunt.

I as a fan am not on the just keep blowing it up till you strike gold in 1 or 2 seasons train. I truly believe it will take the browns 3-6 years to just become an average NFL team. The disfunction has just lasted way too long. Again continuity and positive consistency is needed.  If I was running things I would let the current situation ride. Retain all current talent, retain coaches, retain GM, don't switch QB, and just simply add depth and positions of need thru the draft and FA.  This team is not that far from being seriously relavent. TWO 1K WRS, NFL leading rushers, a defense that actually went from being ranked 22 in the NFL to top 20, and a QB that yea regressed a bit but did start every game and showed glimpses of what we expected. I said from the onset that I predicted and 8-8 year. Bad early (2-6) and finish stronger (5-3). I think with what they have right now this team goes to the playoffs next year with still one of the youngest teams. 

Everyone wants to pile on Kitchens. But I see them running basically the same offense they did last year the only difference is the QB is executing the plays he did last year. Accuracy is waaaay down, forcing throws when the situation doesn't call for it, and has become predictable when the play breaks down. Now I'm not saying kitchens has been great. He's been a rookie. He deserves an offseason to adjust and grow and the browns are possibly not going to give it to him. Again firing a rookie head coach in Cleveland after a 7 win season when u had a 0 win season 2 seasons ago is absurd and yet so Cleveland Browns.  And quite honestly I'm just tires of it. I'm tired of wasting my Sundays hoping that they actually build something special but realizing they are just trying to get lucky in the short term. I have enjoyed my time talking browns politics with you guys and debating and sifting thru the dumpster with you folks. Hopefully I'm wrong and the browns drown out the outside noise for once and resist the temptations of blowing it up because of pipe dreams of the next season being different because the faces in town are different. But that wouldn't be the browns we all know and "love". 

And btw fuck the outside noise. Any other team in the NFL that has back to back 7 win seasons after a 0win season the "guru" would be extremely high on that team. But not the Browns they the whipping boy of the NFL and they just can't help plucking that low hanging fruit. Sorry for the length of this post. Just wanted to vent and possibly say goodbye to you guys my friends. 

If worst comes to worst I finally have tapped out from my current stance and just ain't that excited at the optimism of "There is always next year"

Peace,

Cdl15

There's nothing wrong with your attitude. It's not easy being a Browns fan under the circumstances we've faced for the last 20 years. I don't necessarily agree with some of your evaluation, though. I was convinced after 8 games, that Kitchens could not find his way out of this mess. He should have never been hired as HC a year ago, and the Haslams realized their mistake. I'm all for stability, but when it becomes clear that the situation had not improved over 16 games, screw stability. The sooner you make  change, the sooner things will improve. The HC job here, is really one of the best opportunities, but it's not for somebody like McDaniels, or Urban Meyer. Ron Rivera would be ideal, in my opinion. We need a proven winner, who is not intimidated by egotistical prima dona players. The theory that a good HC doesn't want to come here, due to the quick firing is bullshit. Anyone, in any profession should not be influenced by that crap. If you are the best at your job, you will succeed. If you are not confident in your ability, don't apply, because all of your faults will be exposed here. If you choose to give up on the Browns, you're stronger than me. Screw the other guys that tell you piss off. In 2030, we will be having the same discussion.

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If by "this ain't 1950"  you mean that you are a fucking sports whore whose allegiances are for sale..... then I will say that your dry little c-u-n-t can go be fucked by  1000  goats.  

I also assume you are available for hire by ISIS,  AL-Qaeda,  Putin  (wait...that job is taken)....and any other motherfucker that comes around with a few bucks.....or a few sports wins.    I suppose at some point your allegiances can be bought by the Ratfuckers, or the Spermsuckers....or any other NFL team that may get on a short win streak.

well, i never was one for going to games live....i always liked the comfort of home on a nice sofa watching football....been to about maybe 5 games live...saw the browns down here in atlanta twice...they split....in philly during the sipe yrs one time...they won in remarkable browns fashion...cardiac by the way...2 td's in the last 5 minutes..mike pruitt scoring the 2nd td on a draw play...however, football is entertainment just like music...i used to be a hugh jethro tull fan...saw them many times and paid lots of moola to see them...then ian anderson totally lost his voice so the last couple times i saw them they were terrible...i would not pay a penny to see them anymore if they are even still playing....i can't blame fans for not wanting  to go see the browns......does not mean you are still not a browns fan though......maybe ian anderson can get a voice transplant or something...i sure miss seeing them when they were good...

3 hours ago, browns52 said:

well, i never was one for going to games live....i always liked the comfort of home on a nice sofa watching football....been to about maybe 5 games live...saw the browns down here in atlanta twice...they split....in philly during the sipe yrs one time...they won in remarkable browns fashion...cardiac by the way...2 td's in the last 5 minutes..mike pruitt scoring the 2nd td on a draw play...however, football is entertainment just like music...i used to be a hugh jethro tull fan...saw them many times and paid lots of moola to see them...then ian anderson totally lost his voice so the last couple times i saw them they were terrible...i would not pay a penny to see them anymore if they are even still playing....i can't blame fans for not wanting  to go see the browns......does not mean you are still not a browns fan though......maybe ian anderson can get a voice transplant or something...i sure miss seeing them when they were good...

The issue there was not "not wanting to go see them live"....this yutz said he didn't want to be a Browns fan, period. 

I knew a guy who kept changing from one superbowl team to another, whenever "his" favorite team

started to have a tough time, he simply kept bragging rights by changing teams.

whatever.

Decisions people make. Personally, I am all in on the Browns going to the superbowl "next year".

again.

dammit. lol

I choose to never quit.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I knew a guy who kept changing from one superbowl team to another, whenever "his" favorite team

started to have a tough time, he simply kept bragging rights by changing teams.

whatever.

Decisions people make. Personally, I am all in on the Browns going to the superbowl "next year".

again.

dammit. lol

I choose to never quit.

Get 32 NFL ball caps for all 32 NFL teams and wear the hat of the winner of the Super Bowl every year. You can be a "winner" at all times....no thanks, I'm sticking with the Browns as frustrating as it can be. They are the team I grew up with, watching every Sunday afternoon and I'm sticking with them. 

• Upvote 1

I have taken a siesta from the Browns. I am tired of the same old get hyped every year, then the big let down. I'm tired of knowing what is going to happen before it actually does. I'm tired of the same old sloppy and undisciplined play every year and people shoving it down my throat that it will change and it never does. But most of all, I'm tired of the dumbass fan base that supports this garbage.

Let me explain something, Jimmy Haslam is a business man and a crook so they are really one in the same. If the fans continue to line Haslam's pockets full of money, nothing is ever going to change. If you pay for garbage, you will get GARBAGE. If it isn't broke, it's not getting fixed. And from a business stand point, why would you if it's still bringing in money.

Jimmy Haslam is like a drug dealer selling his product to a strung out Browns fan base that are desperate for a winner. This is your new Browns, the old Browns are gone, and things will never change until the fan base grows some sort of back bone and stops supporting garbage.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

I have taken a siesta from the Browns. I am tired of the same old get hyped every year, then the big let down. I'm tired of knowing what is going to happen before it actually does. I'm tired of the same old sloppy and undisciplined play every year and people shoving it down my throat that it will change and it never does. But most of all, I'm tired of the dumbass fan base that supports this garbage.

Let me explain something, Jimmy Haslam is a business man and a crook so they are really one in the same. If the fans continue to line Haslam's pockets full of money, nothing is ever going to change. If you pay for garbage, you will get GARBAGE. If it isn't broke, it's not getting fixed. And from a business stand point, why would you if it's still bringing in money.

Jimmy Haslam is like a drug dealer selling his product to a strung out Browns fan base that are desperate for a winner. This is your new Browns, the old Browns are gone, and things will never change until the fan base grows some sort of back bone and stops supporting garbage.

His pockets are lined by the NFL and their TV contracts. He gets the same amount if he sells tickets or not.  It’s called revenue sharing. He gets paid to suck and does it pretty well. 

19 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Get 32 NFL ball caps for all 32 NFL teams and wear the hat of the winner of the Super Bowl every year. You can be a "winner" at all times....no thanks, I'm sticking with the Browns as frustrating as it can be. They are the team I grew up with, watching every Sunday afternoon and I'm sticking with them. 

Only need 31. I cannot root for another team. And the Browns probably won’t be SB champs for some time

24 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Only need 31. I cannot root for another team. And the Browns probably won’t be SB champs for some time

I can't root for another team either. I found that out when Cleveland was without a team for those years in the 90's. I just couldn't get behind any other NFL team when Cleveland didn't have a team. So I will stick with the team I grew up with watching on television every Sunday afternoon. For me I have no other choice than the Browns but that does not mean I am happy with how the team has been mismanaged since their return in 99. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I can't root for another team either. I found that out when Cleveland was without a team for those years in the 90's. I just couldn't get behind any other NFL team when Cleveland didn't have a team. So I will stick with the team I grew up with watching on television every Sunday afternoon. For me I have no other choice than the Browns but that does not mean I am happy with how the team has been mismanaged since their return in 99. 

Yep, my browns gear for the foreseeable future will be the boxer shorts. 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2019 at 8:53 PM, cdl15 said:

So cool bro. Never met an internet tough guy. Your credentials are throwing jr level insults and actually passing them off as intelligent conversation. Not much since Pettine huh? Guess if you'd had read the OP that would make sense but instead you just Chuck the beer bottle into the clear blue hoping it hits the ref but more than likely it's barely clearing the front row railing

Come on man....you are a fan or not...pull up the boots and walk through as much mud as it takes.  Don't come in here posting like you are looking for sympathy.  If you are looking for that you can find it in the dictionary, it's somewhere between shit and syphilis.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Come on man....you are a fan or not...pull up the boots and walk through as much mud as it takes.  Don't come in here posting like you are looking for sympathy.  If you are looking for that you can find it in the dictionary, it's somewhere between shit and syphilis.  :lol:

That's an oldie but goodie.