THE BROWNS BOARD

Last game as Browns Fan?

cdl15

Not just hyperbole but possibly reality. My fandom has been severally waning since the whole Farmer/Manziel/Shanahan/Hoyer debacle or cellphone-gate. I was super pumped on Kyle Shanahan several years before he signed on with the browns. When he did I was over the moon. And it was an instant fit. I figured if Pettine flamed out that the browns had the future HOFer coach already in the building. And now there is no way in any circumstances Kyle ever even considers the dumpster fire browns. And that list is longer than coaches that actually dream about being the browns coach.

Present day after several years of struggling to gain traction the Cleveland Browns actually have the slightest bit of momentum. But in classic CBrowns style they just can't be patient and let the process unfold.  Chances are Haslem is going to fire rookie head coach Freddie kitchens after a possible 7 wins. What the actual FUCK? If he wins today he will have 1 less win then the browns had in the last 3 seasons combined. Unforgivable. Imagine of the cowboys fired JJ after his 1-15 season? But, what seems like always, the browns front brass just can't drown out the outside noise. They are constantly trying to be the smartest person in the room they aren't even in yet. This organization has been in dire need of consistency and continuity. Even if that is consistently being mediocre. The constant demand for lighting in a bottle is a major turn off as a fan.  

Josh McDaniels and Urban Meyers is fool's gold at best. And who's to say they choose the browns? IMO the browns are possibly they worst or second worst job if in the HC 2020 hunt.

I as a fan am not on the just keep blowing it up till you strike gold in 1 or 2 seasons train. I truly believe it will take the browns 3-6 years to just become an average NFL team. The disfunction has just lasted way too long. Again continuity and positive consistency is needed.  If I was running things I would let the current situation ride. Retain all current talent, retain coaches, retain GM, don't switch QB, and just simply add depth and positions of need thru the draft and FA.  This team is not that far from being seriously relavent. TWO 1K WRS, NFL leading rushers, a defense that actually went from being ranked 22 in the NFL to top 20, and a QB that yea regressed a bit but did start every game and showed glimpses of what we expected. I said from the onset that I predicted and 8-8 year. Bad early (2-6) and finish stronger (5-3). I think with what they have right now this team goes to the playoffs next year with still one of the youngest teams. 

Everyone wants to pile on Kitchens. But I see them running basically the same offense they did last year the only difference is the QB is executing the plays he did last year. Accuracy is waaaay down, forcing throws when the situation doesn't call for it, and has become predictable when the play breaks down. Now I'm not saying kitchens has been great. He's been a rookie. He deserves an offseason to adjust and grow and the browns are possibly not going to give it to him. Again firing a rookie head coach in Cleveland after a 7 win season when u had a 0 win season 2 seasons ago is absurd and yet so Cleveland Browns.  And quite honestly I'm just tires of it. I'm tired of wasting my Sundays hoping that they actually build something special but realizing they are just trying to get lucky in the short term. I have enjoyed my time talking browns politics with you guys and debating and sifting thru the dumpster with you folks. Hopefully I'm wrong and the browns drown out the outside noise for once and resist the temptations of blowing it up because of pipe dreams of the next season being different because the faces in town are different. But that wouldn't be the browns we all know and "love". 

And btw fuck the outside noise. Any other team in the NFL that has back to back 7 win seasons after a 0win season the "guru" would be extremely high on that team. But not the Browns they the whipping boy of the NFL and they just can't help plucking that low hanging fruit. Sorry for the length of this post. Just wanted to vent and possibly say goodbye to you guys my friends. 

If worst comes to worst I finally have tapped out from my current stance and just ain't that excited at the optimism of "There is always next year"

Peace,

Cdl15

I actually like your points. I too yearn for something resembling consistency with this team. You’re sure to catch some flack (and already have) for taking the stance that you can switch fandom so seemingly easily. Not all of us can do that. 

It is just a game and it’s supposed to be how we spend our leisure time. If it’s not fun for you and you feel you have options, then it’s your leisure time to spend and l say spend it as enjoyably as you can.

I gave up my season tickets after 19 years when the MORON owner kept a coach that went 1-31. Couldn’t justify giving my money to an IDIOT crook

But I will always root for the Browns 

5 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Not just hyperbole but possibly reality. My fandom has been severally waning since the whole Farmer/Manziel/Shanahan/Hoyer debacle or cellphone-gate. I was super pumped on Kyle Shanahan several years before he signed on with the browns. When he did I was over the moon. And it was an instant fit. I figured if Pettine flamed out that the browns had the future HOFer coach already in the building. And now there is no way in any circumstances Kyle ever even considers the dumpster fire browns. And that list is longer than coaches that actually dream about being the browns coach.

Present day after several years of struggling to gain traction the Cleveland Browns actually have the slightest bit of momentum. But in classic CBrowns style they just can't be patient and let the process unfold.  Chances are Haslem is going to fire rookie head coach Freddie kitchens after a possible 7 wins. What the actual FUCK? If he wins today he will have 1 less win then the browns had in the last 3 seasons combined. Unforgivable. Imagine of the cowboys fired JJ after his 1-15 season? But, what seems like always, the browns front brass just can't drown out the outside noise. They are constantly trying to be the smartest person in the room they aren't even in yet. This organization has been in dire need of consistency and continuity. Even if that is consistently being mediocre. The constant demand for lighting in a bottle is a major turn off as a fan.  

Josh McDaniels and Urban Meyers is fool's gold at best. And who's to say they choose the browns? IMO the browns are possibly they worst or second worst job if in the HC 2020 hunt.

I as a fan am not on the just keep blowing it up till you strike gold in 1 or 2 seasons train. I truly believe it will take the browns 3-6 years to just become an average NFL team. The disfunction has just lasted way too long. Again continuity and positive consistency is needed.  If I was running things I would let the current situation ride. Retain all current talent, retain coaches, retain GM, don't switch QB, and just simply add depth and positions of need thru the draft and FA.  This team is not that far from being seriously relavent. TWO 1K WRS, NFL leading rushers, a defense that actually went from being ranked 22 in the NFL to top 20, and a QB that yea regressed a bit but did start every game and showed glimpses of what we expected. I said from the onset that I predicted and 8-8 year. Bad early (2-6) and finish stronger (5-3). I think with what they have right now this team goes to the playoffs next year with still one of the youngest teams. 

Everyone wants to pile on Kitchens. But I see them running basically the same offense they did last year the only difference is the QB is executing the plays he did last year. Accuracy is waaaay down, forcing throws when the situation doesn't call for it, and has become predictable when the play breaks down. Now I'm not saying kitchens has been great. He's been a rookie. He deserves an offseason to adjust and grow and the browns are possibly not going to give it to him. Again firing a rookie head coach in Cleveland after a 7 win season when u had a 0 win season 2 seasons ago is absurd and yet so Cleveland Browns.  And quite honestly I'm just tires of it. I'm tired of wasting my Sundays hoping that they actually build something special but realizing they are just trying to get lucky in the short term. I have enjoyed my time talking browns politics with you guys and debating and sifting thru the dumpster with you folks. Hopefully I'm wrong and the browns drown out the outside noise for once and resist the temptations of blowing it up because of pipe dreams of the next season being different because the faces in town are different. But that wouldn't be the browns we all know and "love". 

And btw fuck the outside noise. Any other team in the NFL that has back to back 7 win seasons after a 0win season the "guru" would be extremely high on that team. But not the Browns they the whipping boy of the NFL and they just can't help plucking that low hanging fruit. Sorry for the length of this post. Just wanted to vent and possibly say goodbye to you guys my friends. 

If worst comes to worst I finally have tapped out from my current stance and just ain't that excited at the optimism of "There is always next year"

Peace,

Cdl15

the organization does not get it....we draft losers....they are here and then gone either out of the league or to some other team....that is why we are always young....errrr...like that song forever young......they don't understand that you win games with solid ol and dl play.....they don't get it..they think by trading for obj and landry that they will outscore the other team....ehhhhhh...not.....to put simply,  they    do    not     get    it....of course drafting shitty qb's don't help either....

6 hours ago, cdl15 said:

The Browns job is an attractive one. Yes,there's headaches with some of the egos, most likely headaches with the owners. 

And IF it's Freddie or another coach, no way it will take 3-6 years. You see, the NFL Salary Cap era is designed to promote parity, and it's almost like playing fantasy football. All teams have to make the proper decisions on personnel, and they all make mistakes (well, except NE for the most part).

So you're not entirely wrong about the Browns making too may changes. To his credit, Haslam realized he did that too much initially, then he kept Hue too long. 

What you are wrong about is "leaving the fandom." You invested the time, why leave in a crappy 12 year run?

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

One does not simply stop being a Browns fan.

If you figure out how, inbox me😂

Best post on Earth, ever. 

I literally LOL'd. Thank you!!!!

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

So sez the board king who waste his  life on a crap organization that doesnt give a crap about the fans,,, old haslam is still making money hands over fist,,,this aint 1950 gipper

If by "this ain't 1950"  you mean that you are a fucking sports whore whose allegiances are for sale..... then I will say that your dry little c-u-n-t can go be fucked by  1000  goats.  

I also assume you are available for hire by ISIS,  AL-Qaeda,  Putin  (wait...that job is taken)....and any other motherfucker that comes around with a few bucks.....or a few sports wins.    I suppose at some point your allegiances can be bought by the Ratfuckers, or the Spermsuckers....or any other NFL team that may get on a short win streak.

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

The Browns job is an attractive one. Yes,there's headaches with some of the egos, most likely headaches with the owners. 

And IF it's Freddie or another coach, no way it will take 3-6 years. You see, the NFL Salary Cap era is designed to promote parity, and it's almost like playing fantasy football. All teams have to make the proper decisions on personnel, and they all make mistakes (well, except NE for the most part).

So you're not entirely wrong about the Browns making too may changes. To his credit, Haslam realized he did that too much initially, then he kept Hue too long. 

What you are wrong about is "leaving the fandom." You invested the time, why leave in a crappy 12 year run?

12??? I haven't seen real football in Cleveland since 1995 bub. They have a draft factory in their backyard yet end up with guys without highlight videos.

Oh and no. I think it takes longer than a season or two just for the browns. There is some serious deep seeded disfunctions that no other organization in pro sports has. Its actually sickening to get soooo high on Saturday just to waste my Sundays on this dreeb

Didn't you throw a hissy fit and try to get deleted off this board just last month? 😂

No never. I don't throw "hissy fits" like bottle gate. I have never been suspended. I have been class the whole way.

He was talking about DieHard....to whom that did happen.   I mean, Jesus, no wonder you are such a Tosser/Wanker (English terms)....you can't even tell who you are. 

I mean, Shit Maude....you are a guy that apparently idolizes Brandon Weeden....since he is your avatar.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Didn't you throw a hissy fit and try to get deleted off this board just last month? 😂

No never. I don't throw "hissy fits" like bottle gate. I have never been suspended. I have been class the whole way.

He was talking about DieHard....to whom that did happen.   I mean, Jesus, no wonder you are such a Tosser/Wanker (English terms)....you can't even tell who you are. 

So cool bro. Never met an internet tough guy. Your credentials are throwing jr level insults and actually passing them off as intelligent conversation. Not much since Pettine huh? Guess if you'd had read the OP that would make sense but instead you just Chuck the beer bottle into the clear blue hoping it hits the ref but more than likely it's barely clearing the front row railing

5 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

So cool bro. Never met an internet tough guy. Your credentials are throwing jr level insults and actually passing them off as intelligent conversation. Not much since Pettine huh? Guess if you'd had read the OP that would make sense but instead you just Chuck the beer bottle into the clear blue hoping it hits the ref but more than likely it's barely clearing the front row railing

I am not being a tough guy....you are just being a puffball. 

and if I level intelligent insults...they would go above your head. 

And I read your post......and certainly the Browns throughout their recent history deserved to be roundly, loudly criticized...

....but you said that this may have been your last game as a Browns fan....and to that I repeat my comprehensible (to you) reply:

Piss off then.