THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Bet, Draft specuation

The Gipper

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Still....someone was talking and speculating about it.   I'm just saying. 

I saw Schefter talking about the Bungles trading.  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Brady Quinn was one of them.

You know...the guy whose pro career Joe Burrows will mirror :lol:

You obviously forgot my mantra back then- "It's a sin if we draft Quinn".  :D  In general, I hold Notre Dame QBs in low esteem- notwithstanding I hate the school only slightly less than Michigan. Who can forget the mighty Jimmy Clausen (pickle), and if it wouldn't have cost me over $1,000 bucks to replace it- I would have thrown something at the monitor when Jim Brown announced- "with their pick in the second round, the Browns draft Deshone Kizer QB, Notre Dame." I almost barfed, and I won't repeat my string of profanities here. 

Care for a side bet that Joe is going to make the all-rookie team? 

Just in case you need some cheering up, h... lol...

==============================================================================================

PFF 2020 NFL Mock Draft:

National champion Joe Burrow cements his spot as the first overall pick

1. Cincinnati Bengals — QB Joe Burrow, LSU

The Bengals are the lucky owners of the Burrow lottery ticket. ‘Tank for Tua’ gave way to ‘Bomb for Burrow’ well before Tagovailoa was injured. Burrow is in a stratosphere of his own as a prospect after finishing off the highest-graded quarterback season we’ve ever seen. He added five more big-time throws in the National Championship to bring his total to an FBS-leading 42 on the season.

• Thanks 1

A little more expansive PFF write-up from their end of season ranking of all the starting college QBs...

1. Joe Burrow – LSU

Preseason Rank: 17; Week 6 Rank: 1; Week 12 Rank: 1

There has never been a season quite like Burrow’s season in 2019. Not Mayfield. Not Newton. Not Tebow. Not Winston nor Mariota. No season in history has a quarterback risen the way that Burrow did in 2019, and his season was capped by a National Championship victory over Clemson. No season in history has been as decorated as Burrow’s. No season has anyone dominated a set of statistics or advanced analytics the way Burrow did in 2019.

You have to search long and hard to find a category that Burrow isn’t the highest-graded player in the PFF data. He’s the highest-graded player on throws 10 or more yards downfield, the highest-graded player under pressure, the highest-graded player on horizontal leads, the highest-graded player in the first quarter, the most accurate quarterback we’ve ever charted.

The list could go on and on for Burrow and his historic season in 2019 to 2020, but I’ll leave you with the following statement. When the grading criterion for the rest of the quarterbacks went as such: “Where did he rank next to Burrow?” – you know just how special of a season it was for Broadway Jeaux, Joe Burreaux. 

lol... and not too pile on, but I had to share this.

FanSpeak's Draft Sim has a feature after you complete a draft that's let's you see the top 3 prospects that players for each team select with their teams 1st pick.

Here's the list with teams in alphabetical order thru Cleveland...

Most Drafted Players in Round 1 by OTC Users

ARIZONA CARDINALS WR Jerry Jeudy
EDGE A.J. Epenesa
OT Tristan Wirfs
ATLANTA FALCONS DL Javon Kinlaw
CB CJ Henderson
CB Kristian Fulton
BALTIMORE RAVENS LB Kenneth Murray
EDGE James Lynch
EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson
BUFFALO BILLS WR Tee Higgins
EDGE Terrell Lewis
OT Austin Jackson
CAROLINA PANTHERS OT Andrew Thomas
DL Derrick Brown
QB Tua Tagovailoa
CHICAGO BEARS N/A
CINCINNATI BENGALS QB Joe Burrow
CLEVELAND BROWNS LB Isaiah Simmons
OT Jedrick Wills
OT Tristan Wirfs

Every player representing Cinci has selected Joe Burrow... every player... there are no 2nd choices. OK... I'm piling on a little.

FYI here's Washington's...

WASHINGTON REDSKINS EDGE Chase Young
CB Jeffrey Okudah

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Just in case you need some cheering up, h... lol...

==============================================================================================

PFF 2020 NFL Mock Draft:

National champion Joe Burrow cements his spot as the first overall pick

1. Cincinnati Bengals — QB Joe Burrow, LSU

The Bengals are the lucky owners of the Burrow lottery ticket. ‘Tank for Tua’ gave way to ‘Bomb for Burrow’ well before Tagovailoa was injured. Burrow is in a stratosphere of his own as a prospect after finishing off the highest-graded quarterback season we’ve ever seen. He added five more big-time throws in the National Championship to bring his total to an FBS-leading 42 on the season.

The only thing that sucks about this Tour is Joe is going to go to the damn Bengals. Any team but- those fairweather fans don't deserve a talent this great. I mentioned it earlier- there's already unlicensed Burrow jerseys being offered for sale down Cinci way... :( 

No but if you wanna put your money where your mouth I will make the same bet with you. If you win you will have to come to the tailgate here to collect just like Larry 

I've already  told Tour along with TexAg they have standing  invitations to come on up and take in a game with me in my seats. 

Oh, and I could even  up the ante on the bet to a pair of 100 level Browns tickets (game  of your  choice) on my part to $200 bucks-  on the 100:1 odds against you might win.. I'm that confident  you're  gonna  lose.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

The only thing that sucks about this Tour is Joe is going to go to the damn Bengals. Any team but- those fairweather fans don't deserve a talent this great. I mentioned it earlier- there's already unlicensed Burrow jerseys being offered for sale down Cinci way... :( 

How does Joe Brady end up in Carolina as their OC, and not in Cincy or not even offered up a interview? it sounded crazy the day i heard it. Rhule out-pounced the Bengals? Bengals OC Brian Callahan was a QB coach at Oakland in 2018..Seemed like a perfect fit to move Callahan back to QB coach? Than sign Joe Brady as OC to keep him in Burrows ears..  THEM BIG DUMMies ! ! 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I've already  told Tour along with TexAg they have standing  invitations to come on up and take in a game with me in my seats.

Since my wife is going with my daughter on a trip to Penn. Amish country so daughter can research for her next book, it looks like I may be able to take you up on that offer this coming year. Most likely time would be in Oct. depending upon the final schedule for home games. We have in-laws here for late Sept. to include the obligatory trip to the S.A. Riverwalk and a Texas wine country visit around Fredericksburg.

• Upvote 1

Say, here's another bet to make ! Will the Dolphins use their top ten pick on a qb ?

Don't bet a bunch of bucks that they won't, imho. Several mocks have Miami picking Tua or Herbert....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/05/03/2020-nfl-mock-draft-josh-rosen-miami-dolphins-quarterback-nfl-draft/3655186002/

2020 NFL mock draft: Josh Rosen could lose starting quarterback job to a No. 1 pick again

rosen...is he that guy... nevermind. lol

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Oh, and I could even  up the ante on the bet to a pair of 100 level Browns tickets (game  of your  choice) on my part to $200 bucks-  on the 100:1 odds against you might win.. I'm that confident  you're  gonna  lose.

A.  No,   any bets I make are always small.  I am OK with losing a $20.00 bottle of wine to you  (or 2 $20 bottles if Tour really wants to take it on...and come here to get it if he wins.)  When I go to Vegas to bet on the SB it will only be for like 5 bucks.  And usually if there is a big lottery jackpot I only put like 4-6 bucks on that.    $200 bucks is too rich for me to put that kind of faith in others, particularly The Bengals.  

B.  And,  Well, well, tsk tsk tsk.....you are offering your tickets to the Goatropers from Texas but not your  me oh my oh buddies from Ohio? Well:D

C. If, by some chance Tour accepts the bet,  and wins  one possible alternative would be for me to pay him off if I were to attend the Dallas game, assuming he would be there.   I would have to buy it there for him, as I wouldn't carry it on the plane.  My attendance at the game if iffy anyway. My travel schedule for this year is pretty full already, and it is possible that it may get fuller.  (6 weeks booked: Sedona/Vegas/Lake Placid/wedding/cruise/Utah.....and it may be possible that I may be adding a trip to Oregon in like the first of Sept.)  Gotta see how things shape up including the Browns schedule.  Plus, I may need to win that lottery to pay for all this. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Since my wife is going with my daughter on a trip to Penn. Amish country so daughter can research for her next book, it looks like I may be able to take you up on that offer this coming year. Most likely time would be in Oct. depending upon the final schedule for home games. We have in-laws here for late Sept. to include the obligatory trip to the S.A. Riverwalk and a Texas wine country visit around Fredericksburg.

Well, you may want to inform your daughter that  if she is interested in the Amish,  Ohio Amish country is far larger, and better than PA Amish country.   I know, I live on the edge of Ohio Amish country, and it is extensive.  And I have been to PA Amish country.....and can tell you that it is disappointing i comparison.   First, most of the so called Amish attractions there are not run by the Amish, whereas here they pretty much all are.  They get the publicity only because it is closer to the big markets of Philly and NYC.  And, FYI, I am not a guy that is much into that Amish country stuff....but trust me, with a wife and sisters who like all that I get plenty of exposure to it.   Plus, that can fit into your plans to be around here better.  

The thing is, while Lancaster Co. PA may, by a teeny bit have a slightly larger Amish population than any single county in Ohio.....Ohio's Amish is spread over many counties:  Holmes Co., Tuscarawas Co. Wayne Co., Stark, Geauga,  

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Say, here's another bet to make ! Will the Dolphins use their top ten pick on a qb ?

Don't bet a bunch of bucks that they won't, imho. Several mocks have Miami picking Tua or Herbert....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/05/03/2020-nfl-mock-draft-josh-rosen-miami-dolphins-quarterback-nfl-draft/3655186002/

2020 NFL mock draft: Josh Rosen could lose starting quarterback job to a No. 1 pick again

rosen...is he that guy... nevermind. lol

would the dolphins take a 4th for him if they do ? maybe even are late 3rd 

cause i have not scene him play and from what i have read he has not seem to have been given a chance to succeed or doe's he suck ?

Well, you may want to inform your daughter that  if she is interested in the Amish,  Ohio Amish country is far larger, and better than PA Amish country.   I know, I live on the edge of Ohio Amish country, and it is extensive.  And I have been to PA Amish country.....and can tell you that it is disappointing i comparison.   First, most of the so called Amish attractions there are not run by the Amish, whereas here they pretty much all are.  They get the publicity only because it is closer to the big markets of Philly and NYC.  And, FYI, I am not a guy that is much into that Amish country stuff....but trust me, with a wife and sisters who like all that I get plenty of exposure to it.   Plus, that can fit into your plans to be around here better.  

The thing is, while Lancaster Co. PA may, by a teeny bit have a slightly larger Amish population than any single county in Ohio.....Ohio's Amish is spread over many counties:  Holmes Co., Tuscarawas Co. Wayne Co., Stark, Geauga,  

I will copy and paste this to an email to my daughter & wife. Thanks.

EDIT: I wasn't invited on their trip which they plan for April so she can meet her publishers deadline. It's that I get paid off with a separate trip of my own to Ohio to take in a game and meet a bunch of fellow braying jackasses.😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Huh?  :blink:

If the original bet was Chase Young vs Joe Burrows as the number 1 pick then there is no need to discuss what team has that pick and add them to the wager.  Once you lock in Cincy will take either Young or Burrows the team becomes essential to the wager.  You’ll get different answers but if the original bet was one person said Cincy would go Young at 1 and the other was Cincy would go Burrows at 1 I’m going to infer both thought at the time both people didn’t think Cincy would trade out or didn’t think about it.  I would prioritize who Cincy drafts with their first pick not what deals get done.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I will copy and paste this to an email to my daughter & wife. Thanks.

EDIT: I wasn't invited on their trip which they plan for April so she can meet her publishers deadline. It's that I get paid off with a separate trip of my own to Ohio to take in a game and meet a bunch of fellow braying jackasses.😂

We'll let you know as soon as there's a date set for the Reunion Tailgate, when Zombo and the rest of the crew come into town for the game...  

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

If the original bet was Chase Young vs Joe Burrows as the number 1 pick then there is no need to discuss what team has that pick and add them to the wager.  Once you lock in Cincy will take either Young or Burrows the team becomes essential to the wager.  You’ll get different answers but if the original bet was one person said Cincy would go Young at 1 and the other was Cincy would go Burrows at 1 I’m going to infer both thought at the time both people didn’t think Cincy would trade out or didn’t think about it.  I would prioritize who Cincy drafts with their first pick not what deals get done.

OK, that is exactly right.  I believe the parameters are that if Cincy trades the pick, the bet is off.  Or, if by some wild chance, Cincy picks someone besides these 2 players, the bet is off.   I do agree with Hoorta that it seems highly improbable that Cincy will trade out, given the opportunity they have to get either of these players.....and I never would have brought it up if not for the fact that some talking heads on national TV and radio had brought it up, and continue to bring it up.