THE BROWNS BOARD

Jarvis Landry reportedly among multiple Browns players who yelled 'come get me' to Cardinals

Vambo

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jarvis-landry-reportedly-among-multiple-browns-players-who-yelled-come-get-me-to-cardinals/

The Cleveland Browns have proven to be one of the NFL's most entertaining teams this season but not for the reasons many had expected. The hapless franchise continues to find itself immersed in controversy despite an abundance of talent. Following Sunday's convincing 38-24 loss against the Arizona Cardinals, emotions boiled over. 

NFL Media's Mike Silver reported that wide receiver Jarvis Landry and other Browns players were yelling at the Arizona sideline to 'come get me,' which is a phrase that wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. had reportedly uttered to other teams in pre-game warm-ups earlier in the season. Landry was also caught in a verbal spat with first year head coach Freddie Kitchens on CBS cameras during Sunday's game.

9 minutes ago, Vambo said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jarvis-landry-reportedly-among-multiple-browns-players-who-yelled-come-get-me-to-cardinals/

The Cleveland Browns have proven to be one of the NFL's most entertaining teams this season but not for the reasons many had expected. The hapless franchise continues to find itself immersed in controversy despite an abundance of talent. Following Sunday's convincing 38-24 loss against the Arizona Cardinals, emotions boiled over. 

NFL Media's Mike Silver reported that wide receiver Jarvis Landry and other Browns players were yelling at the Arizona sideline to 'come get me,' which is a phrase that wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. had reportedly uttered to other teams in pre-game warm-ups earlier in the season. Landry was also caught in a verbal spat with first year head coach Freddie Kitchens on CBS cameras during Sunday's game.

i don't blame them....if that is true....they need to be gone immediately......wow.....somehow i think this franchise is on its last leg in cleveland......man o man...

Just now, nickers said:

😂😂

All I can do at this point is laugh... Only in CLE...

don't worry nickster.......this may be the last nail in the coffin for good ole slimeball haslem and his failed gm's....only problem is, me thinks when he sells this team, they will be moving out of town....perfect set up for oakland.......

Kareem Hunt: Browns players took plays off and ‘didn’t leave their 110% out there the whole play’

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/kareem-hunt-says-some-browns-took-plays-off-and-didnt-leave-their-110-out-there-the-whole-play.html

He said he actually saw guys taking plays of during the game, one in which the Cardinals rolled up 445 yards on the Browns to drop them to 6-8 and reduce their playoff chance to less than 1%.

“I mean, yeah, I guess so but it’s everybody,’’ Hunt said. “You can’t point out one person or nothing like that. It’s everybody, and everybody’s got to do their job.’’

He noted that the Browns have all the talent in the world to be successful if everyone digs a little deeper.

“Yeah, right,’’ he said. “We’ve got all the pieces and it’s just going out there and playing as a team and everybody playing hard each and every play and no taking plays off or nothing like that and just finishing.

"We’ve got to finish and we’ve got to come out strong, and that’s usually our thing. Usually you get off to a hot start, and shoot, we wait for them to -- they hit us in the mouth first.’’

3 hours ago, browns52 said:

don't worry nickster.......this may be the last nail in the coffin for good ole slimeball haslem and his failed gm's....only problem is, me thinks when he sells this team, they will be moving out of town....perfect set up for oakland.......

I don't think that can happen... I believe the stadium lease doesn't run out till 2025.. And if anyone tried to move it to that shit hole... They would get crucified...

I don't believe the report by Michael Silver for one second. Michael Silver reports multiple browns "yelling" to the cardinals to "come get me" yet he only name drops Landry who just so happened to be seen on camera yelling at his head coach. Im not saying Landry does or doesn't want out of Cleveland but I'd be willing to bet this is just Michael Silver seeing that interaction between Landry and Freddie and making a guess or false claim using two unnamed sources. 

Why are multiple players telling the cardinals to come get them?  Why wouldn't they wait until next week or why didn't they say it against the Pats or Bills or some other winning team.  This is just pure speculation from Silver. If he would have wrote an opinion piece that he believes Landry wants out then I would be ok with it.  This is the same guy who is best friends with hue Jackson. He has thrown a lot of crap at the browns wall since hue was let go. He is the same guy who reported Baker refused to shake Sherman's hand earlier this year. 

Edit

Actually if multiple players were truly yelling something at the cardinals sideline I would bet it was more along the lines of fighting.  Jarvis said a few choice words to Murphy when Murphy tried to help him up and both he and OBJ took some big shots late in the game. I highly doubt Landry went from telling cardinals "get the fuck off me" and being taunted when he took a decent hit to 5 minutes later saying please trade for me I'd love to play for another losing team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

It was believable until I saw Silver...he’s got a history with the Browns.

I don’t understand why Landry was upset.  He’s been targeted all year.  He had opportunities for YAC this game and didn’t convert.  Was he upset that he didn’t turn a 3rd and 5 into a first down?  And truthfully  Chubb was clearly our playmaker yesterday.  I think Chubb would have the biggest gripe he should have had at least 30 touches.  They had no answers for him 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

It was believable until I saw Silver...he’s got a history with the Browns.

I don’t understand why Landry was upset.  He’s been targeted all year.  He had opportunities for YAC this game and didn’t convert.  Was he upset that he didn’t turn a 3rd and 5 into a first down?  And truthfully  Chubb was clearly our playmaker yesterday.  I think Chubb would have the biggest gripe he should have had at least 30 touches.  They had no answers for him 

I believe he was upset because the play wasn't designed to go beyond the 1st down marker...

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

No matter how many times you say this, it doesn't stop being stupid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, nickers said:

I believe he was upset because the play wasn't designed to go beyond the 1st down marker...

we'll surely see what's what the rest of the season. I"m still not sure it's Freddie as the problem. I think the Browns are frustrated, as well they should be, about fighting the "whole world".

Injuries, suspensions, incredulously bad calls at bad times, lack of pass blocking effectiveness. Hopelessness can set in, for a team that was determined to go start winning consistently. Add in a first year hc and playcalling mistakes, a very bad loss on the offensive line, wr's playing hurt when the oline crashes into a throw out of bounds or a sack....

I'm sure it adds up to frustration. Not that much fun with all the obstacles that shouldn't be there. But, the right head coach would empower them to still fight it out til the end. If the team gives up, then...

maybe it IS on the head coach. I'm not seeing it. yet.

37 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

we'll surely see what's what the rest of the season. I"m still not sure it's Freddie as the problem. I think the Browns are frustrated, as well they should be, about fighting the "whole world".

Injuries, suspensions, incredulously bad calls at bad times, lack of pass blocking effectiveness. Hopelessness can set in, for a team that was determined to go start winning consistently. Add in a first year hc and playcalling mistakes, a very bad loss on the offensive line, wr's playing hurt when the oline crashes into a throw out of bounds or a sack....

I'm sure it adds up to frustration. Not that much fun with all the obstacles that shouldn't be there. But, the right head coach would empower them to still fight it out til the end. If the team gives up, then...

maybe it IS on the head coach. I'm not seeing it. yet.

I'm not so sure just look at the Steelers their losses and starting off 1-4 now with their 3rd string QB the difference is coaching IMO.

5 hours ago, browns52 said:

1) As Nickers said, Cleveland has an ironclad lease with the Browns for another 5 years- at least.

2) Oakland? You mean Joke-land? They'll never get another NFL team unless the city &  Alameda county come up with at least a billion dollars (seems the going rate is now more like two billion) to build a state of the art stadium- and they've shown zero interest in doing so to keep the Raiders from moving to Vegas in the first place. BTW, the denizens of St. Louis are so pissed about Kroenke and the move of the Rams, they're perfectly happy to tell the NFL to take their product and shove it. So scratch that one too. 

3) You haven't been reading anything Haslam has been saying either. He's committed to bringing a winning team to Cleveland. Spent tens of millions of his own money on stadium upgrades, in case you forgot. So what makes you so all fired certain he's going to sell the team? 

And Dorsey has "failed" because he hasn't turned an 0-16 team into a Super Bowl winner in two seasons? Just get out of here with that crap. Would you rather have Dan Snyder? The billionaire Fords up in Detroit who haven't won a championship for even longer than the Browns? Arizona may have beaten the Browns Sunday- but the Cardinals haven't won a Championship for longer than almost anyone on this Board has been alive. (and some are on the high side of 70) That's going to continue until next year at the earliest. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This can't bode well for Freddie. 

Nope... and Hunt's observations don't help at all.

If Dorsey's players won't play for Dorsey's HC, then changing the HC is the simplest fix.

• Upvote 2

Hunt's observations came from him & have to be very concerning.

As far as what Mike Silver writes? I label as BULLSHIT! Keep in mind he is very close to Hue Jackson & has taken damn near every opportunity since Hue's firing to bad mouth the Browns...What a POS he is!!

After all is said & done, we'll see what REALLY takes place in the days, weeks, & months ahead.

Bottom line.....I've always been a Browns' Fan, always will be a Browns' Fan regardless of record, turmoil, etc.......GO BROWNS & I'll see you at the Ravens' game.

Mike

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nickers said:

😂😂

All I can do at this point is laugh... Only in CLE...

Then this list should not be a surprise. 🧐🙈🦃💩

http://definition.org/biggest-nfl-draft-busts/1/

1. Brady Quinn

4. Courtney Brown

And lucky #13-Money Manziel🤑

17 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't think that can happen... I believe the stadium lease doesn't run out till 2025.. And if anyone tried to move it to that shit hole... They would get crucified...

don't count anything out at this point mah man....don't count anything out at all....remember....this is cleveland....don't count anything out...oh wait...don't count anything out except a championship.....forgot that part...and 2025 is not that far away....time sure does fly when you are having this much fun..heheheheeee

1 minute ago, browns52 said:

don't count anything out at this point mah man....don't count anything out at all....remember....this is cleveland....don't count anything out...oh wait...don't count anything out except a championship.....forgot that part...and 2025 is not that far away....time sure does fly when you are having this much fun..heheheheeee

I feel confident you are sporting an extra chromosome. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Hunt's observations came from him & have to be very concerning.

As far as what Mike Silver writes? I label as BULLSHIT! Keep in mind he is very close to Hue Jackson & has taken damn near every opportunity since Hue's firing to bad mouth the Browns...What a POS he is!!

After all is said & done, we'll see what REALLY takes place in the days, weeks, & months ahead.

Bottom line.....I've always been a Browns' Fan, always will be a Browns' Fan regardless of record, turmoil, etc.......GO BROWNS & I'll see you at the Ravens' game.

Mike

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I feel confident you are sporting an extra chromosome. 

yeah right moron....everything is just peachy keen in cleveland...heheheheheeeee

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) As Nickers said, Cleveland has an ironclad lease with the Browns for another 5 years- at least.

2) Oakland? You mean Joke-land? They'll never get another NFL team unless the city &  Alameda county come up with at least a billion dollars (seems the going rate is now more like two billion) to build a state of the art stadium- and they've shown zero interest in doing so to keep the Raiders from moving to Vegas in the first place. BTW, the denizens of St. Louis are so pissed about Kroenke and the move of the Rams, they're perfectly happy to tell the NFL to take their product and shove it. So scratch that one too. 

3) You haven't been reading anything Haslam has been saying either. He's committed to bringing a winning team to Cleveland. Spent tens of millions of his own money on stadium upgrades, in case you forgot. So what makes you so all fired certain he's going to sell the team? 

And Dorsey has "failed" because he hasn't turned an 0-16 team into a Super Bowl winner in two seasons? Just get out of here with that crap. Would you rather have Dan Snyder? The billionaire Fords up in Detroit who haven't won a championship for even longer than the Browns? Arizona may have beaten the Browns Sunday- but the Cardinals haven't won a Championship for longer than almost anyone on this Board has been alive. (and some are on the high side of 70) That's going to continue until next year at the earliest. 

True......there is only one franchise in all of American major professional sports that has gone longer without a title than the Cleveland Indians, and that is the Cardinals.  1947.   Before I was born.  At least the Indians have stayed here that whole time.  The Cardinals have been in 3 different cities.