THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Road to the Playoffs

Zombo

10 hours ago, Gorka said:

I hope you are joined by thousands of other Browns fans.  Make us proud because that stadium was Heinz Field west with all those pee rags waving. Turned the game off when it was 10-0.

Agree. 

I'm so sick of that towel, I can only handle watching Pitt twice a year vs the Browns. Diagnosed with Black & Gold disorder. 

I can't even watch Iowa or Mizzou. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

The way we played the Bengals, and guys are still thinking we can run the table?   

I agree we didn't play great vs the Bengals but that is how the Bengals play teams this year.  They muck it up and keep it a one score game then choke in the end. Playing slightly above what we played against the Bengals is good enough to win 2 of the remaining games. Obviously it will take a much better effort than that to win the other game left vs ravens. For some reason though Baker shines when playing quarterbacks from his draft class.  If it's an added extra motivation thing or something.  I imagine he'll have that same extra motivation playing against kyler murray since Kyler replaced him at OU and he'll want to prove a point there too.

In the end I don't know if it's people thinking we can go undefeated the rest of the way as much as cheering for it because after all we're all fans of the browns.  Except maybe that browns52 guy, I think he probably wants to see us lose out. As predicted there has been barely a peep from him since the browns actually won this week.  The only thing I've seen him comment on is the negative story around there browns this week regarding OBJ. Seems awfully coincidental he post a ton after a loss and only post about the negative story surrounding the browns after a win. 

On 12/8/2019 at 10:27 PM, SuperDuper_Kosar1979 said:

I think clearest path is Tennesee is red hot. They win Division. Buffalo has 3 tough games. Buffalo goes on losing streak .

In this scenario pitt and Cleveland would in all likelihood be the wild cards. 

However Henry has lost top gear to a hammy. His last couple of carries were more like reverse bull rushes than Henry like speed past LB's. He just ran over them instead and did not try to accelerate when the opportunity was right there. He dove off his good leg for the last TD on a 10 yard plowing run.

11 hours ago, Gorka said:

He wasn't referring to Pittsburgh the city, he was referring to Pittsburgh the team. "It's because they are the Pittsburgh Steelers " is what he was implying. Any decent lawyer would have been able to deduce that.

I did deduce that, and I deduced that it was wrong.  It is the same thing.  Just because there is a team named the Steelers does not make them good...it is because they have good management and good coaching that makes them good.

Any good septic system cleaner like you could have deduced that.

39 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Agree. 

I'm so sick of that towel, I can only handle watching Pitt twice a year vs the Browns. Diagnosed with Black & Gold disorder. 

I can't even watch Iowa or Mizzou. 

Well....here is the thing.......When the Browns go to play in AZ on Sunday,   that stadium will have Brown and Orange disorder, as Browns fans will take it over.

Even after 20 years of losing....even with them playing below expectations, the mere potential of the Browns in the playoffs...or of having a halfway decent season will bring out the fans from the diaspora  to a place like AZ.

I had originally intended to go there myself,  but when others decided not to make it I backed out and delayed my trip to AZ until the end of Jan. 

But you WILL see that stadium taken over by Browns fans Sunday.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

However Henry has lost top gear to a hammy. His last couple of carries were more like reverse bull rushes than Henry like speed past LB's. He just ran over them instead and did not try to accelerate when the opportunity was right there. He dove off his good leg for the last TD on a 10 yard plowing run.

The key to that team is not the OK running by their RB......but the way their coach has gotten what he has gotten out of a QB who has been at best below average for the extent of his career.

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The key to that team is not the OK running by their RB......but the way their coach has gotten what he has gotten out of a QB who has been at best below average for the extent of his career.

With a well below average OL #@ Miami. Sound familiar? I think when you have a back like that for PA passing everything changes. If you have watched them at all you will see how well the QB is playing. Way above what they were getting from the Heisman winner Mariota. Same coach, different horse running the O.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

On December 28, 2019 for the BUCKEYES vs Clemson too!

GO BROWNS and BUCKEYES !

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

With a well below average OL #@ Miami. Sound familiar? I think when you have a back like that for PA passing everything changes. If you have watched them at all you will see how well the QB is playing. Way above what they were getting from the Heisman winner Mariota. Same coach, different horse running the O.

Same RB.    Are you saying that  Tannehill was this great QB all along, and that he was being suppressed by whatever was happening in Miami?  

I am not buying it.  For our sake, hopefully, he continues to play this way for the rest of this season....but I don't think he keeps it up, and he will be back to backup status by next year sometime.

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I agree we didn't play great vs the Bengals but that is how the Bengals play teams this year.  They muck it up and keep it a one score game then choke in the end. Playing slightly above what we played against the Bengals is good enough to win 2 of the remaining games. Obviously it will take a much better effort than that to win the other game left vs ravens. For some reason though Baker shines when playing quarterbacks from his draft class.  If it's an added extra motivation thing or something.  I imagine he'll have that same extra motivation playing against kyler murray since Kyler replaced him at OU and he'll want to prove a point there too.

In the end I don't know if it's people thinking we can go undefeated the rest of the way as much as cheering for it because after all we're all fans of the browns.  Except maybe that browns52 guy, I think he probably wants to see us lose out. As predicted there has been barely a peep from him since the browns actually won this week.  The only thing I've seen him comment on is the negative story around there browns this week regarding OBJ. Seems awfully coincidental he post a ton after a loss and only post about the negative story surrounding the browns after a win. 

Let's  see if  the Patriots  beat the Bengals  by 30 this week  to know  where we stand. Gonna be a  home away  game for New England as Cinci  fans have  long  given  up. 

I've  mentioned elsewhere I canceled my  plans to travel to  Arizona  for the  Browns game  after they lost to the  Steelers. Consider that a  no confidence  vote. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....here is the thing.......When the Browns go to play in AZ on Sunday,   that stadium will have Brown and Orange disorder, as Browns fans will take it over.

Even after 20 years of losing....even with them playing below expectations, the mere potential of the Browns in the playoffs...or of having a halfway decent season will bring out the fans from the diaspora  to a place like AZ.

I had originally intended to go there myself,  but when others decided not to make it I backed out and delayed my trip to AZ until the end of Jan. 

16 in our group. Woofs😊👍

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let's  see if  the Patriots  beat the Bengals  by 30 this week  to know  where we stand. Gonna be a  home away  game for New England as Cinci  fans have  long  given  up. 

I've  mentioned elsewhere I canceled my  plans to travel to  Arizona  for the  Browns game  after they lost to the  Steelers. Consider that a  no confidence  vote. 

Will you replace it with a day trip to Cincy for that game? 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Same RB.    Are you saying that  Tannehill was this great QB all along, and that he was being suppressed by whatever was happening in Miami?  

I am not buying it.  For our sake, hopefully, he continues to play this way for the rest of this season....but I don't think he keeps it up, and he will be back to backup status by next year sometime.

I'm just saying he is playing very well like any decent starting NFL QB should be.  That and the newly discovered talents of Henry by Vrable has turned this franchise around. I think he has earned  the position and there is no need to go shopping now for another any more than they need to find another franchise RB. You're looking at them already.

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

16 in our group. Woofs😊👍

Maybe I could have joined up with you!   Too late now.

But, there is always next year. 

I already have some fall travel plans set for next year, that don't really involve a game:

From like mid to late October I am looking at doing about a 5 day road trip that takes me from like Salt Lake across Nevada on "The loneliest Road in America"  ...then to Lake Tahoe for a day,  down to Yosemite for a day, then over to St. George Utah for a week's stay in a condo.  I cannot see adding a game to that.....unless the Browns by chance play the Las Vegas Raiders after my stay in St. George. (see below...they do not play them)  I could then extend my trip a couple of days for that. (nyet)    But, if that were to happen, this being the first season for the Raiders in Vegas, I would imagine the ticket prices would very, very steep.

But, that does not mean I could not consider a September or December game, in the right place at the right time.  Originally, this AZ game would have been that....but as noted, plans changed.  after checking I see that next year, the Browns play the following away games:

Pittsburgh, Cincy, Baltimore, naturally plus:

Tennessee

NY Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Jacksonville Jaguars

plus the same place finisher in the AFCE as the Browns.   

Right now, the likelihood of that would be the NY Jets, based on current standings.  

So, two of the Browns away games will be in the same stadium in New Jersey.  

Hopefully the Browns will be killing it and their odds of making the playoffs next  year will be much better than they are now.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm just saying he is playing very well like any decent starting NFL QB should be.  That and the newly discovered talents of Henry by Vrable has turned this franchise around. I think he has earned  the position and there is no need to go shopping now for another any more than they need to find another franchise RB. You're looking at them already.

Are you also saying that Henry was being misused by  previous  Tits HCs?  

And your question is:  Do the Tits need to go QB shopping?   I would think not.....unless it is their plan to move Mariota  out  (which it probably is). Then they would need a backup.

And just out of curiosity, as a Texas guy  (born and bred??)   what were your thoughts about the whole Oilers move/Texans creation.....and the naming issue? 

Correct me if I am wrong....but didn't Houston want to keep the Oilers name.....but the fat greedy Bud Adams refused unless he was given a ridiculous amount of money  (see: Robert Irsay). 

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

The way we played the Bengals, and guys are still thinking we can run the table?   

we probably won't beat the cards because we can't stop running qb's and our d totally sucks against everything......run ...short pass ..medium pass....long pass...screen pass...and you are right....the bengals game was horrible even though we won.....fucking mixon had 144 on the ground....

8 minutes ago, browns52 said:

we probably won't beat the cards because we can't stop running qb's and our d totally sucks against everything......run ...short pass ..medium pass....long pass...screen pass...and you are right....the bengals game was horrible even though we won.....fucking mixon had 144 on the ground....

Let me see....what was the score that last time we played what is considered an elite running QB...that Jackson guy? 

Cleveland 45  Ratfuckers 20...if I recall.

Now, that was then and this is now, but it has been proven that the Browns can defeat running QBs. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

Let me see....what was the score that last time we played what is considered an elite running QB...that Jackson guy? 

Now, that was then and this is now, but it has been proven that the Browns can defeat running QBs. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

yeah that was then.......jackson killed us last yr , so i think that was just a blip in his game the first time we played them.if the cards win, and the ravens sew up home field, we probably won't even see him again this yr... i am afraid of murray, i think he can run against us.........murray had a clear shot at putting the cards ahead of the steelers late in that game last sunday....damn...he had a clear path to the end zone and he throws an int.....anyway we are bad against the run....period...if the qb's don't run for much against us, the rb's do..our defense is not very good.....

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe I could have joined up with you!   Too late now.

But, there is always next year. 

I already have some fall travel plans set for next year, that don't really involve a game:

From like mid to late October I am looking at doing about a 5 day road trip that takes me from like Salt Lake across Nevada on "The loneliest Road in America"  ...then to Lake Tahoe for a day,  down to Yosemite for a day, then over to St. George Utah for a week's stay in a condo.  I cannot see adding a game to that.....unless the Browns by chance play the Las Vegas Raiders after my stay in St. George. (see below...they do not play them)  I could then extend my trip a couple of days for that. (nyet)    But, if that were to happen, this being the first season for the Raiders in Vegas, I would imagine the ticket prices would very, very steep.

But, that does not mean I could not consider a September or December game, in the right place at the right time.  Originally, this AZ game would have been that....but as noted, plans changed.  after checking I see that next year, the Browns play the following away games:

Pittsburgh, Cincy, Baltimore, naturally plus:

Tennessee

NY Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Jacksonville Jaguars

plus the same place finisher in the AFCE as the Browns.   

Right now, the likelihood of that would be the NY Jets, based on current standings.  

So, two of the Browns away games will be in the same stadium in New Jersey.  

Hopefully the Browns will be killing it and their odds of making the playoffs next  year will be much better than they are now.

I know you like to travel, so do I.

Just my two cents, enjoy Yosemite for several days if you can. We went there on our 20th anniversary for a week, and loved it. Yosemite, Glacier, Bryce Canyon, and Arches are my favorite National Parks.

Go Browns. It's a nice 65* and I need to grab some IPAs now lol.

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

yeah that was then.......jackson killed us last yr ,

The Browns beat Jackson last year once, and in that last game they only lost by 2 points. Baker had that INT...as they were driving toward the winning FG when that happened. 

so i think that was just a blip in his game the first time we played them.

ERRR do you mean all 3  times we played them?

if the cards win, and the ravens sew up home field, we probably won't even see him again this yr... i am afraid of murray, i think he can run against us.........murray had a clear shot at putting the cards ahead of the steelers late in that game last sunday....damn...he had a clear path to the end zone and he throws an int.....anyway we are bad against the run....period...if the qb's don't run for much against us, the rb's do..our defense is not very good.....

We are missing pieces, as I have pointed out.

58 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I know you like to travel, so do I.

Just my two cents, enjoy Yosemite for several days if you can.

I have been there a few times before....this time I want to hit a few spots I have not gotten to.  A day should do that for me.

We went there on our 20th anniversary for a week, and loved it. Yosemite, Glacier, Bryce Canyon, and Arches are my favorite National Parks.

Go Browns. It's a nice 65* and I need to grab some IPAs now lol.

May as well drink your own pee as drink that IPA.    And where are you that it is 65*?    It is like 15 here, now in the  NEOpolitan.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are you also saying that Henry was being misused by  previous  Tits HCs?  

And your question is:  Do the Tits need to go QB shopping?   I would think not.....unless it is their plan to move Mariota  out  (which it probably is). Then they would need a backup.

And just out of curiosity, as a Texas guy  (born and bred??)   what were your thoughts about the whole Oilers move/Texans creation.....and the naming issue? 

Correct me if I am wrong....but didn't Houston want to keep the Oilers name.....but the fat greedy Bud Adams refused unless he was given a ridiculous amount of money  (see: Robert Irsay). 

Henry was not being used at all and certainly not as a big powerful back who would wear defenses down and produce big 2nd halves like he does regularly now. Vrabel had to have studied his Bama career in which Saban used him in the exact same way.

As to the Oilers I never cared one  way or the other. Never was a fan of them or the Cowboys. Now Denver was the first NFL team I ever followed because their preseason training took place just a short walk from where I lived in Greeley. And it was free to watch them practice.

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Henry was not being used at all and certainly not as a big powerful back who would wear defenses down and produce big 2nd halves like he does regularly now. Vrabel had to have studied his Bama career in which Saban used him in the exact same way.

Wasn't he injured for a couple of years at the beginning of  his career?  edit: (in checking that does not appear to be the case. It seems that Demarco Murray, a prove NFL back at the time was the team's starter for Henry's first couple of years)

And long before ever even hearing of Derrick Henry's existence, Vrabel spent 3 years playing for Ohio State as a teammate of one Mr. Eddie George.  He has always known the value of a big powerful back. 

As to the Oilers I never cared one  way or the other. Never was a fan of them or the Cowboys. Now Denver was the first NFL team I ever followed because their preseason training took place just a short walk from where I lived in Greeley. And it was free to watch them practice.

I thought you were from Texas?   Wouldn't most Texans believe it traitorous to root for the Broncos? 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Wasn't he injured for a couple of years at the beginning of  his career?    And long before ever even hearing of Derrick Henry's existence, Vrabel spent 3 years playing for Ohio State as a teammate of one Mr. Eddie George.  He has always known the value of a big powerful back. 

No if you recall they brought in Murray as the starter and rarely used Henry other than to spell him as a backup. I was not aware Vrabel had been George's teammate. That explains a lot since George and Henry are very similar kinds of big backs with top end speed to go with the power of a lot weight running right over people when needed. Both tough inside  runners with the speed to leave you behind on the 3rd level. Always loved how George ran the ball. Very Jim Brown like player. Henry is right in that same category IMO. The more they carry the more effective they become.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Will you replace it with a day trip to Cincy for that game? 

Done Gipper. The younger brother of my good friend who I have my season tickets with (Paul is also a very good friend & fellow wino) will be in town for the holidays visiting his daughter who lives in Lebanon. That's only a 30 minute drive from there to Bungle Land. LOL, got a designated driver, and Steve Weber of GNATS Tailgaters is bringing the trailer down to do a joint tailgate with the Cincinnati Browns Backers. Shaping up to be a fun afternoon, and way less expensive than what a trip to Arizona would have cost.  :) 

FWIW, I expect it to be a virtual home game for the Browns. The Bungles have already set an all time record for low attendance against the Jets of 39,000- and you know the actual number had to be way less than that.  :D   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, browns52 said:

We did get bailed out on what was initially called a Baker int to OBJ....  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No if you recall they brought in Murray as the starter and rarely used Henry other than to spell him as a backup. I was not aware Vrabel had been George's teammate. That explains a lot since George and Henry are very similar kinds of big backs with top end speed to go with the power of a lot weight running right over people when needed. Both tough inside  runners with the speed to leave you behind on the 3rd level. Always loved how George ran the ball. Very Jim Brown like player. Henry is right in that same category IMO. The more they carry the more effective they become.

You didn't see my edit apparently. 

But don't get carried away.  Those guys may compare to him with height/weight.....but it is no disparagement to them to  say that:   No one compares to Jim Brown.