THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Road to the Playoffs

Zombo

46 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Not arguing any of that. You missed the point.

Multiple times I have seen people say something about we could had this guy or that guy, or even go back and say "we should have drafted this guy, etc."

And I remember most every time you saying something like that is in past so stop posting it (no, not saying it as something that has to be done). While you also would say that they aren't Cleveland Browns so they don't matter.

So?  You just wanted to argue my point for me?  Carry on.

So just pointing out that you bringing up another coach with that is a double standard.

I think my main point was that the Browns have seemed to make the wrong coaching choices for the past 20 years. Maybe you missed that point. 

I actually see zero issue with discussing the prospects of hindsight with a different coach, but the same can be said with a different draft pick selection. Just like whatever year it was that someone could say "we should have drafted Aaron Donald" is same as "we should have gotten rid of Hue so we could have had Vrabel" Both would have resulted in a different looking team than what Browns have now

Well, I think my points, again, in both areas.....is more for the hope of not making the same mistake again.  And my point would be something like:  I hope we don't turn down a Mike Vrabel to grab a Hue Jackson......or,  I hope we don't pass on an Aaron Donald in favor of a Justin Gilbert.

Sure, it don't matter that those other guys aren't with us.....What matters is if we make make the same dumb moves in the future. 

Right now we are sitting at #8. 6 teams from AFC get in.

Things that helped us today: raiders lost. Meaning even if they win out we get in over them. Now it's time to root for them to win out and go 9-7. Remember we need multiple teams to go 9-7 to negate the head to head titans loss.

Denver embarrassing the Texans helps. It might be more beneficial for Tennessee to win thier division and have Texans go 9-7. Bill's lost. Next week is tough. Do we root for Bill's or steelers? On one hand Bills play new engkand the next week and no way will the nfl allow Bills to beat them. So if Pittsburgh beats the bills....then new england... we would be banking on Bills to lose final game. We own tie breaker.

We will own tie breaker with steelers due to better division record. We are definitely still in the thick of it and can back into the playoffs.

If the Bills go on losing streak and we win out...we are 100% in as long as Steelers and titans dont have 10 wins

If Tennessee wins division and Steelers go 9-7...we go 9-7 we are 100% in.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Haden was a top 10 CB for multiple seasons while here, but whatever. 

No he wasn’t. In 7 years here he made 2 pro bowls and  was a 2nd team all-pro once

He was an above average player for 1-2 years. To say he was a top ten CB for multiple years is a stretch

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SuperDuper_Kosar1979 said:

Right now we are sitting at #8. 6 teams from AFC get in.

Things that helped us today: raiders lost. Meaning even if they win out we get in over them. Now it's time to root for them to win out and go 9-7. Remember we need multiple teams to go 9-7 to negate the head to head titans loss.

Denver embarrassing the Texans helps. It might be more beneficial for Tennessee to win thier division and have Texans go 9-7. Bill's lost. Next week is tough. Do we root for Bill's or steelers? On one hand Bills play new engkand the next week and no way will the nfl allow Bills to beat them. So if Pittsburgh beats the bills....then new england... we would be banking on Bills to lose final game. We own tie breaker.

We will own tie breaker with steelers due to better division record. We are definitely still in the thick of it and can back into the playoffs.

If the Bills go on losing streak and we win out...we are 100% in as long as Steelers and titans dont have 10 wins

If Tennessee wins division and Steelers go 9-7...we go 9-7 we are 100% in.

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If I'm reading everything right, pretty sure this is plainly what gets the Browns in the playoffs (of course assuming winning out).

-Titans run the table and win the division

-Pittsburgh loses 2 of 3 AND/OR Bills lose out. I think Pittsburgh losing 2 of 3 is much "preferred" and much more likely.

-Texans lose 2 of 3 (both losses being to Titans). They also play the Saints between those Titans games.

If those things happen, I'm almost positive the Browns get the #6 spot. Certainly not asking for a "miracle" really. The Browns own tiebreakers over all the other 6-7 teams, assuming they win out.

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Too many "needs" to happen, to happen.  I'll just root to win out and  see how it pans out.

Yes, now we're in the Kitchens approach and win one game at a time that's all they can do.

And if they lose to Baltimore on 12-22 at home it's over.

The Browns moved up to #8 with their win yesterday, and got help with the Bucs beating the Colts and the Broncos beating the Texans, but the Titans and Steelers both won, keeping it a rocky, but possible path.

image.png

Holding tiebreakers over Oakland and Indy, we are now only concerned with three teams: Texans/Titans and Steelers. 

Buf/NE will get the AFC East and the one wild card spot (Unless Buffalo loses out, which means a loss to Pittsburgh and we don't want that).

Texans/Titans will produce a division winner, and it the remaining team from that battle, the Steelers and the Browns battling for that last spot.

The Browns need to win  out (@Ari, Bal, @Cin ... and, interestingly, there is a chance Baltimore has #1 seed wrapped up when we play them) and ...

Titans 8-5. We do not want a tie with this team, so they would have to lose out for us to get in ahead of us (Hou, NO @Hou), so now we flip the script and start rooting for them to sweep the Texans and win the division.

Texans 8-5 We would finish ahead of them via AFC record if they get swept by the Titans. (@Ten, @TB, Ten)If they split with Titans, but lose to TB, they would have same conference record as us, but, more importantly, the season sweep of Baltimore by us would give us the better record of common opponents and we would go in ahead of them.

Steelers 8-5 We need them to lose two of their last three (Buf, @Jets, Bal ... again, Baltimore may have everything sewn up and they could see RG3)

FiveThirtyEight currently has our chances at 6% ... It goes to 51% going into the last week  if we win the next two and the Steelers and Texans lose their next two.

This week:

Texans @ Tits Sunday 1PM: Let the Tits keep rolling.

Browns at Cards Sunday 4:05 PM: Gotta be Road Tuff

Bills at Steelers Sunday 8:20 PM Need to find out what kind of noise a duck makes when a Buffalo sits on it.

• Zombo locked this topic
6 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Too many "needs" to happen, to happen.  I'll just root to win out and  see how it pans out.

Nevertheless, I will participate:

I think there are only 3 needs:

A. the Browns need to win out, yes. 

B. the Steeler need to lose

C. the Texans need to lose.  (letting the Tits take the AFCS)

How Pittsburgh keeps winning is wholly a mystery.   Either Tomlin is the best coach in history, or they made a deal with the Devil.  

I guess it helped that the last couple of weeks he was going up against the rawest of rookie HCs in this league who sometimes seem clueless.  That stops now.....they go up against  Harbaugh/ravens, and Buffalo, who are not coached by neophytes the way their last two opponents have been.  And the Jets?   Look great one week, look like shite the next. 

Best bet is to root for titans to win division. Let the chips fall where they may on steelers vs bills.  If pitt wins root for Bills to lose out. Highly possible with Pat's n jets left. 

There could easily be a scenario where browns n steelers both get in. Steelers would face Chiefs, we would face Titans. (Asumming steelers go 10-6) if buffalo losing out. 

The most Browns thing ever would be us beating Cards and Ravens and the other chips fall into place . Browns vs Bengals win and were in....we lose by a last second interception,  bad call, missed field goal. If it's all on the line the Bengals game will be toughest of th e year.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

How Pittsburgh keeps winning is wholly a mystery.   Either Tomlin is the best coach in history, or they made a deal with the Devil.  

I guess it helped that the last couple of weeks he was going up against the rawest of rookie HCs in this league who sometimes seem clueless.  That stops now.....they go up against  Harbaugh/ravens, and Buffalo, who are not coached by neophytes the way their last two opponents have been.  And the Jets?   Look great one week, look like shite the next. 

My hate for the Steelers runs deep, but face it, an uninspired Browns effort blew it last week over there. 

I'm heading to Arizona, first visit to that stadium, with family and friends. The way our D is playing, Kyler Murray could have a field day. I sure hope not.....have Takitaki spy him all day long.

GO BROWNS!!

• Like 1

I've been playing with the playoff machine and found a way that we go 9-7 with the Titans and win the tiebreaker. I don't know how but it works. 

One thing for sure it is making December an interesting month right up to December 22 when Baltimore comes back to Cleveland.

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Titans 8-5. We do not want a tie with this team, so they would have to lose out for us to get in ahead of us (Hou, NO @Hou), so now we flip the script and start rooting for them to sweep the Texans and win the division.

Told ya TN was the horse to back here... :) Texans just fell into the trap game of the year with their loss to Denver. A game that was nowhere near as close as the final score might suggest.

Who'd think that we'd be resting a substantial portion of our fledgling playoff hopes on the right arm of Ryan Tannehill... and feeling pretty good about that part of hopes.

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Bills at Steelers Sunday 8:20 PM Need to find out what kind of noise a duck makes when a Buffalo sits on it.

lol... here's to a windy Heinz field.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

ahhhhh, i would just like to see us go 8 and 8....at least it is not a losing record.....we lose to the cards this week , we end up with a losing record....again...i just have a bad feeling about this team......personnel wise that is...obj, i think will definetly be gone after this season...mayfield is a blockhead....along with kitchens...just got this bad feeling about this team....one other thing....i wonder what landry is feeling now that tannehill  is on a pretty damn good team...lets not forget...it was landry and his bitch wife that more or less got tannehill fired from miami....now landry is in football hell.....makes me happy.....

Just now, browns52 said:

ahhhhh, i would just like to see us go 8 and 8....at least it is not a losing record.....we lose to the cards this week , we end up with a losing record....again...i just have a bad feeling about this team......personnel wise that is...obj, i think will definetly be gone after this season...mayfield is a blockhead....along with kitchens...just got this bad feeling about this team....one other thing....i wonder what landry is feeling now that tannehill  is on a pretty damn good team...lets not forget...it was landry and his bitch wife that more or less got tannehill fired from miami....now landry is in football hell.....makes me happy.....

oh one other thing....wonder how pittsburgh is winning....its because they are pittsburgh......lets see what happens this weekend vs the bills....

9 hours ago, Bob806 said:

My hate for the Steelers runs deep, but face it, an uninspired Browns effort blew it last week over there. 

Don't debate that one bit..it is why I said they are winning with smoke and mirrors.

I'm heading to Arizona, first visit to that stadium, with family and friends. The way our D is playing, Kyler Murray could have a field day. I sure hope not.....have Takitaki spy him all day long.

GO BROWNS!!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Told ya TN was the horse to back here... :) Texans just fell into the trap game of the year with their loss to Denver. A game that was nowhere near as close as the final score might suggest.

Who'd think that we'd be resting a substantial portion of our fledgling playoff hopes on the right arm of Ryan Tannehill... and feeling pretty good about that part of hopes.

lol... here's to a windy Heinz field.

Two weeks ago the Oilers had like a two game lead in that division....and we were rooting for them to take the division and wanted the Tits to lose out.    Now they are basically tied...and we want the opposite.

Yes, I called the Houston team the Oilers.  They should be the Oilers...and I know that the Tits used to be the Oilers.  In reality fuck them both. 

5 hours ago, browns52 said:

oh one other thing....wonder how pittsburgh is winning....its because they are pittsburgh......lets see what happens this weekend vs the bills....

That is a stupid explanation.  Pittsburgh the city had fuckall to do with it.   I think it is just the coaching...and the fact that Tomlin (and Harbaugh), have such an edge over the rookie, mistake prone, clueless HCs that the Browns and Bengals have.

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That is a stupid explanation.  Pittsburgh the city had fuckall to do with it.   I think it is just the coaching...and the fact that Tomlin (and Harbaugh), have such an edge over the rookie, mistake prone, clueless HCs that the Browns and Bengals have.

He wasn't referring to Pittsburgh the city, he was referring to Pittsburgh the team. "It's because they are the Pittsburgh Steelers " is what he was implying. Any decent lawyer would have been able to deduce that.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

GO BROWNS!!

I hope you are joined by thousands of other Browns fans.  Make us proud because that stadium was Heinz Field west with all those pee rags waving. Turned the game off when it was 10-0.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Tomlin has been on the hot seat before, but this season validates his worth to the franchise. 

I hate writing that. I was wrong....Big Ben just heaving it, hoping for a miracle catch or pass interference was their mantra, along with cheap shots from their defense. 

Now they execute better than the Pats, and continue cheap shots. 

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them win at least one playoff game.