THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Road to the Playoffs

Zombo

27 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

It's official. Activated!

And why wasn't  that done  last week?  Too little too late. I don't  believe in  Browns  miracles, because  that's what  its going to  take Po.

Good thing that I do brother. ;) 

Baker, Chubb, Hunt, Njoku, O'Hell Wreckem Jr., Jarvis Landry and Hollywood are about to blow up on the Bengals. Then again against the Cardinals. They'll find a way to beat the Ravens again and finish off the Bengals the last week of the season. They'll finish the second half of the season 7-1 and make that last Wildcard. Quit giving up. Have some heart. Dawg Check.

There is only a few percent chance that the Browns get a wild card. Accept this season for what it is, the best one in some time, and a foundation for 2020. The Browns will hopefully fill in some more holes, the QB play should be one year better,  and Garrett will not be stupid and take the bait like he did this year, which caused him to be lost to his team for no one knows how long. 

Go to the health food store and get this stuff called St. John’s Wort. It’s supposed to help with depression.

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2019 at 8:53 PM, Bob806 said:

Love your optimism, but the Titans are rolling since dumping Mariotta for Tannehill. They're averaging 29 points a game in his 7 starts(yes, some of that is they have great special teams). 

Vrabel is highly under rated as a HC. The guy is a motivator. 

There had been some talk that  after Hue went 1-15 that he would be canned and that Vrabel would have been one of or the top candidate to replace him.  But....Hue was given another chance...and proceeded to go 0-16.....and Vrabel was snatched up by the Tits.  

I mean:   Oi! this team cannot make a proper move when it comes to hiring coaches.  WTF is it about that?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

There had been some talk that  after Hue went 1-15 that he would be canned and that Vrabel would have been one of or the top candidate to replace him.  But....Hue was given another chance...and proceeded to go 0-16.....and Vrabel was snatched up by the Tits.  

I mean:   Oi! this team cannot make a proper move when it comes to hiring coaches.  WTF is it about that?

Hue was a bad coach because he was a bad coach. Maybe he'd be tolerable being the head coach for a veteran team, but he was horribly miscast as a head coach of a young team.

That being said, his overall record means nothing. The 2016 and 2017 teams were built to tank. They were not built to win, period. Belichick wasn't winning more than 4 or 5 games total those two seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hue was a bad coach because he was a bad coach. Maybe he'd be tolerable being the head coach for a veteran team, but he was horribly miscast as a head coach of a young team.

That being said, his overall record means nothing. The 2016 and 2017 teams were built to tank. They were not built to win, period. Belichick wasn't winning more than 4 or 5 games total those two seasons. 

Maybe....but the fact is....it IS Hue who has the worst record in NFL history......and every year there are teams that are built to tank. (Miami this year).....and none have ever been as bad over a 2 year period as Hue was. 

And why are you missing the point that the Browns may have had a chance to get Vrabel....and any number of others decent coaches over the years....and have always dropped the ball.?

On 12/3/2019 at 9:53 PM, browns52 said:

he is a fucking crimminal that should get kicked out of the nfl...the asshole is so fucking lucky that helmet did not cause major injury....looking foward to seeing some headline during the offseason with him involved in some kind of felony charge....

This is a Browns forum, not anger management

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, S_U_P_E_R_B_O_W_L said:

What are our odds at the playoffs if we go 9-7?

Some say go Oakland..I say Go Tennessee to win the Division.. & forget our head to head loss to Titans..Adding both Texans & Colts both lost today..Go Zona! Pluck that Duck!! 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I'm hoping Freddy learns. Either somebody lit a  fire under him at halftime, or he had a epiphany. 

They ran ran ran and it worked in the 3rd Q. Went against the Freddy pass happy stuff. 

I'm happy they won. 

To your point, we can "what if" around here all we want. The list of coaching errors is loooooong. Kyle Shanahan would look great here IMHO, but Farmer and Haslam blew it. All we can do is hope they got it right with Freddy....doesn't look great right now, we will see....

clearly Tomlin can't choose a back-up QB if Mason Rudolph, beat out Dobbs to welcome trade, than Mason starts ahead of Duck? (oh really?) Pitt.. goes 60 yards with Duck..Boswell hits 27 yrd. FG at the half..Pitt..13-10... Oakland in redzone

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe....but the fact is....it IS Hue who has the worst record in NFL history......and every year there are teams that are built to tank. (Miami this year).....and none have ever been as bad over a 2 year period as Hue was. 

And why are you missing the point that the Browns may have had a chance to get Vrabel....and any number of others decent coaches over the years....and have always dropped the ball.?

Aren't you the same guy who calls posters out for bringing up guys that "could" have been drafted? And say things like they aren't Browns so it doesn't matter? Very little difference. If there is a difference it's the fact that the Browns have a better chance of those drafted players as opposed to coach who can choose someone else, players cant.

Ok here is how I see the remaining games and who we should root for.

Root FOR Oakland(6-6) against the Titans(7-5) Why?  Then they will both be 7-6 and the Browns are currently 6-7.. Remember we need help.. This can set both of those teams up to lose a game.. Not sure where we stand in a tie with either of them.  

Root FOR Cardinals against Steelers(7-5) and they will fall to 7-6 and a 3 way tie for the last spot.. Again we need help and if they lose I believe we will have the tie breaker against them assuming we win against the Ravens.

Does this sound about right?

Bob Pound!

32 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Colts already lost. And so did the Texans.. So YES on Oakland or NO..... 

Remember Conference wins matter too,, Bills or Pats are in..Meaning Pitt holds last wild card spot at 6th..One of Tenn(7) or Texans(4) is all* teams real issue of getting last wildcard spot..  Oakland needs help as much as we do, but we can't win head to heads with Pitt nor Tenn..We cleared the Colts but Tenn. plays Texans twice & Pitt has to lose 2 of whats left..

Well folks, Tenn. may have got hot at right time..Tenn.defensive fumble score up 42-21 at Oakland..Kyler will take the ball, after pitt fg down 6 with 1:42 left..23-17...Go ZoNa!! 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seriously, did Joe Haden have hands replacement surgery?

Motherfucker couldn't catch a cold with the Browns. 

He couldn’t cover anyone when he was here either 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Aren't you the same guy who calls posters out for bringing up guys that "could" have been drafted?

I don't know.  I say a lot of things around here. 

And say things like they aren't Browns so it doesn't matter?

That is Freddie Kitchens.

Very little difference. If there is a difference it's the fact that the Browns have a better chance of those drafted players as opposed to coach who can choose someone else, players cant.

And here, I am not following your point:.   My point was simply that I think Vrabel would have been a much better coach for us than Huey baby, and that keeping him after his first season was, in retrospect, a big mistake.   So...it DID matter to our detriment....that we kept Hue.  It may matter...to our detriment that we chose Freddie. 

As I read things,   the Browns very slim road to the playoffs is still only hindered by a couple of teams.

But note...the following teams, whom the Browns had been behind......these are now behind the Browns:

Colts....at 6-7 same record, yet Browns hold tiebreaker with better conference record. (Browns 6-4...Colts 5-6)

Raiders.....ditto as above....same record.....6-7,  Browns have better Conf. record:   Browns 6-4, Raiders  4-5)

But then....here comes the trouble:     

Bills, are 9-3,   Browns 6-7.....If Bills lost all games and Browns won all....Browns could win on head to head....or better conf. record.

Steelers are 8-5.  First off, I don't see how these Fucktards are winning, they are not that good.  Really.  Steelers play and can  beaten by the Bills...the Jets, and the Ravens.    Browns do now  have  and would have  a better division record....after their split.

But....where we are really screwed is that both the Titans, and Texans, both at 8-5 now....play each other in 2 of their next  3 games.   We have to have one of them beat the hell out of the other.......hopefully the Titans,  since they hold the head to head on us, if they take the AFCS, that means that they can win that division....and then, if we are tied with the Dumbass Texans......we would end up with a better conference record than them.     (of course, as long as the Browns beat the Bitchy Pussies again and the Ratfuckers again....and take care of the Cardinals). 

So, it really seems quite simple:

Steelers,    Dead!

Texans   Dead!

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not arguing any of that. You missed the point.

Multiple times I have seen people say something about we could had this guy or that guy, or even go back and say "we should have drafted this guy, etc."

And I remember most every time you saying something like that is in past so stop posting it (no, not saying it as something that has to be done). While you also would say that they aren't Cleveland Browns so they don't matter.

So just pointing out that you bringing up another coach with that is a double standard. I actually see zero issue with discussing the prospects of hindsight with a different coach, but the same can be said with a different draft pick selection. Just like whatever year it was that someone could say "we should have drafted Aaron Donald" is same as "we should have gotten rid of Hue so we could have had Vrabel" Both would have resulted in a different looking team than what Browns have now

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Haden was a top 10 CB for multiple seasons while here, but whatever. 

Haden should have been a Browns lifer. The concussions soured the coaching staff (Hue). Too bad, it did seem he loved Cleveland.