THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Road to the Playoffs

Zombo

9 hours ago, browns52 said:

he is a fucking crimminal that should get kicked out of the nfl...the asshole is so fucking lucky that helmet did not cause major injury....looking foward to seeing some headline during the offseason with him involved in some kind of felony charge....

You, my friend, live in a rage sparked world of fantasy untouched by fact and reason. Take a break and step outside. It's good for you.

• Thanks 1

Wish I could say I was still interested. I'm sure I'll get excited again for next year, but the fire has gone out for now. We can't beat 3rd string quarterbacks...so I'm pretty sure we don't belong anywhere near "Playoffs".

After seeing the cheering and jubilation in Pittsburgh, it just kind of hit me...that's who they are, and we're the team who loses their best player by swinging a helmet and dooming the franchise. It's just who we are. Pittsburgh is the team who can win with an undrafted QB. Think about that for a while. We literally can't beat a team starting an undrafted QB and we had almost every single starting offensive player, INCLUDING the former #1 pick QB in Baker Mayfield. We scored 13 points in the biggest game our franchise has seen in over a decade, and our defense gave up 20 points to an undrafted QB. 

By the time the dust has settled, Myles Garrett will be responsible for the jobs of Freddie Kitchens and his coaching staff, any chance we had at the post season, beating the Steelers twice for the first time in 30 years, and the possible destruction of Baker Mayfield because he'll have to learn another new system and everyone knows that's how you ruin QBs. 

Thanks Myles. I guess there's always next year. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, nickers said:

More excuses!

So the Jets game this year where Myles had 6 tackles, 3 sacks and several more QB pressures isn't dominate to you?

It's fine if you're too dumb to understand the game of football, but don't boast about it online.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Look, man... I've got enough people on ignore already and I'm really not looking to add more.  

But as Dutch highlighted, opposing OC's specifically game plan and design around Myles.  We've seen as much.  You don't have to go back any further then his last game to check the pressure rates, win percentage and QB hits. That's not even including his ability to hold up in run fits.

MG is a difference maker.  You can poll 32 of 32 OC's in the NFL - all of them will agree. 

I'm 100% sure he wouldn't understand any of the data you just suggested, sadly.

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Look, man... I've got enough people on ignore already and I'm really not looking to add more.  

But as Dutch highlighted, opposing OC's specifically game plan and design around Myles.  We've seen as much.  You don't have to go back any further then his last game to check the pressure rates, win percentage and QB hits. That's not even including his ability to hold up in run fits.

MG is a difference maker.  You can poll 32 of 32 OC's in the NFL - all of them will agree. 

NO HE IS NOT!!

5 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

So the Jets game this year where Myles had 6 tackles, 3 sacks and several more QB pressures isn't dominate to you?

It's fine if you're too dumb to understand the game of football, but don't boast about it online.

I'm 100% sure he wouldn't understand any of the data you just suggested, sadly.

Look...  Most of you guys said he was "generational"... I have yet to see that from Garrett... Dick Butkus was Generational.. I saw Dick Butkus play.. He never took plays off.. His motor NEVER stopped...... I'm just holding Garrett to the standard you all labeled him as... So far... I'm not seeing it... You can keep drinking Garretts swill all you like.. It is a fee country after all.. I never said he sucked.. I just said  He's NOT generational!...

Courtney Brown and Kamerion Wimbley were freaks of nature too.. One was hurt too much... The other flamed out!

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

NO HE IS NOT!!

Sorry but he is.....errrr was. He is/was a pro bowl candidate, the other team had to account for him on every play. He is/was the key BROWNS defensive player on the field. Losing a DE of his caliber will hurt the team.....see CLE/PIT II for example.

Oh his stats which coulda' gone up even higher if he was still playing.

• Glossary
      Tackles Fumbles Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Date Week Tm   Opp Result GS Sk Solo Ast Comb TFL QBHits Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
2019-09-08 1 CLE   TEN L 13-43 * 2.0 4 1 5 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 53 90% 6 19%
2019-09-16 2 CLE @ NYJ W 23-3 * 3.0 3 2 5 3 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 47 69% 1 4%
2019-09-22 3 CLE   LAR L 13-20 * 1.0 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0% 57 89% 6 25%
2019-09-29 4 CLE @ BAL W 40-25 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 48 70% 2 7%
2019-10-07 5 CLE @ SFO L 3-31 * 1.0 2 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 60 80% 9 31%
2019-10-13 6 CLE   SEA L 28-32 * 2.0 3 2 5 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 67 83% 7 27%
2019-10-27 8 CLE @ NWE L 13-27 * 1.0 3 1 4 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 56 81% 7 24%
2019-11-03 9 CLE @ DEN L 19-24 * 0.0 1 2 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 42 84% 1 4%
2019-11-10 10 CLE   BUF W 19-16 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 64 94% 5 21%
2019-11-14 11 CLE   PIT W 21-7 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 55 76% 1 4%
Upcoming Games · Bye in Week 7
2019-12-08 14 CLE   CIN Preview · Stats for 3 games vs. Bengals · Avg. 0.7 sk, 0.0 int, 2.7 tckl (Last in 2018)
2019-12-15 15 CLE @ ARI Preview
2019-12-22 16 CLE   BAL Preview · Stats for 4 games vs. Ravens · Avg. 0.4 sk, 0.0 int, 1.5 tckl (Last in 2019)
Browns 2019 Stats and Schedule · Myles Garrett Splits · Myles Garrett Gamelogs · Penalties
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Sorry but he is.....errrr was. He is/was a pro bowl candidate, the other team had to account for him on every play. He is/was the key BROWNS defensive player on the field. Losing a DE of his caliber will hurt the team.....see CLE/PIT II for example.

Oh his stats which coulda' gone up even higher if he was still playing.

• Glossary
      Tackles Fumbles Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Date Week Tm   Opp Result GS Sk Solo Ast Comb TFL QBHits Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
2019-09-08 1 CLE   TEN L 13-43 * 2.0 4 1 5 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 53 90% 6 19%
2019-09-16 2 CLE @ NYJ W 23-3 * 3.0 3 2 5 3 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 47 69% 1 4%
2019-09-22 3 CLE   LAR L 13-20 * 1.0 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0% 57 89% 6 25%
2019-09-29 4 CLE @ BAL W 40-25 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 48 70% 2 7%
2019-10-07 5 CLE @ SFO L 3-31 * 1.0 2 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 60 80% 9 31%
2019-10-13 6 CLE   SEA L 28-32 * 2.0 3 2 5 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 67 83% 7 27%
2019-10-27 8 CLE @ NWE L 13-27 * 1.0 3 1 4 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 56 81% 7 24%
2019-11-03 9 CLE @ DEN L 19-24 * 0.0 1 2 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 42 84% 1 4%
2019-11-10 10 CLE   BUF W 19-16 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 64 94% 5 21%
2019-11-14 11 CLE   PIT W 21-7 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 55 76% 1 4%
Upcoming Games · Bye in Week 7
2019-12-08 14 CLE   CIN Preview · Stats for 3 games vs. Bengals · Avg. 0.7 sk, 0.0 int, 2.7 tckl (Last in 2018)
2019-12-15 15 CLE @ ARI Preview
2019-12-22 16 CLE   BAL Preview · Stats for 4 games vs. Ravens · Avg. 0.4 sk, 0.0 int, 1.5 tckl (Last in 2019)
Browns 2019 Stats and Schedule · Myles Garrett Splits · Myles Garrett Gamelogs · Penalties

Coulda... Woulda... Shoulda... DIDNN'T!!!!

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

Coulda... Woulda... Shoulda... DIDNN'T!!!!

Not when you clobber an opposing quarterback with his helmet and get kicked out of football.

He coulda' had 16+ sacks if he wasn't a dumbass. Coulda'.

.......oh and you spelled didn't wrong but I'm sure you know that now.  :lol:

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Not when you clobber an opposing quarterback with his helmet and get kicked out of football.

He coulda' had 16+ sacks if he wasn't a dumbass. Coulda'.

.......oh and you spelled didn't wrong but I'm sure you know that now.  :lol:

So you gonna sue me for a typo?... You people are crazy around here... So much hypocrisy... Amazing!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, browns52 said:

he is a fucking crimminal that should get kicked out of the nfl...the asshole is so fucking lucky that helmet did not cause major injury....looking foward to seeing some headline during the offseason with him involved in some kind of felony charge....

You are an idiot. With wishes like that we’d all be better off if you fucked on off to another team and forum. Let me get the door for you 

• Thanks 1

If u go to the playoff calculator browns odds will substantially go up with each win...and with any pitt and titan loss. 

Pitt has 3 of 4 games on road.

Titans have a tough 4 game stretch

I put all 3 at 9-7  and 8-8 browns get in 100% even with raiders n colts at 8-8 

Browns odds go up to 38% if they win next 3. Factor in losses by pitt, tenn, colts, oakland....the number can go up

Point is Browns will get in if they all have matching records or if even 3 of them do.

Tennessee vs oaklsnd is huge. Almost need Tennessee to win because I see them losing to saints and Texans twice.

This should set up an 8-8 raiders finish and likely a 8-8 titans finish hopefully.

21 hours ago, nickers said:

So you gonna sue me for a typo?... You people are crazy around here... So much hypocrisy... Amazing!

Relax nickers I'm not going to sue you besides I probably wouldn't be able to get much out of it anyway.  :lol:

On to more BROWNS stuff !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SuperDuper_Kosar1979 said:

If u go to the playoff calculator browns odds will substantially go up with each win...and with any pitt and titan loss. 

Pitt has 3 of 4 games on road.

Titans have a tough 4 game stretch

I put all 3 at 9-7  and 8-8 browns get in 100% even with raiders n colts at 8-8 

Browns odds go up to 38% if they win next 3. Factor in losses by pitt, tenn, colts, oakland....the number can go up

Point is Browns will get in if they all have matching records or if even 3 of them do.

Tennessee vs oaklsnd is huge. Almost need Tennessee to win because I see them losing to saints and Texans twice.

This should set up an 8-8 raiders finish and likely a 8-8 titans finish hopefully.

I'm 100 percent on board here, except for one thing... The Titans need to lose 3 of the next 4, I'm nervous about that. I think we would want Tennessee to lose against Oakland as the Raiders are only 1 game ahead of us. I don't see the Raiders winning the next 4 but should Tennessee win, I could see them pulling off one of their remaining games to make it to the playoffs.

On 12/5/2019 at 2:06 PM, PoeticG said:

I'm 100 percent on board here, except for one thing... The Titans need to lose 3 of the next 4, I'm nervous about that. I think we would want Tennessee to lose against Oakland as the Raiders are only 1 game ahead of us. I don't see the Raiders winning the next 4 but should Tennessee win, I could see them pulling off one of their remaining games to make it to the playoffs.

oh please we will lose vs the rats and find a way to either lose to the cardinals but more than likely the bingals we are better off just going 0-4 and getting a better draft pick

We are not going to lose again. Wildcard. AFC Championship. Superbowl. LET'S GET IT!! DAWG CHECK!

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, tiamat63 said:

So your plan is to plug your ears, shout really loud and ignore any voice(s) of reason that might disagree and, lord willing, possibly know better...?

Bold strategy.

And your plan is to put on ignore those that are not in lockstep with your beliefs and opinions.

Even a bolder strategy.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, PoeticG said:

The Titans play the Texans 2 times, the Saints and the Raiders. They need three losses. I see possibly four. 

Love your optimism, but the Titans are rolling since dumping Mariotta for Tannehill. They're averaging 29 points a game in his 7 starts(yes, some of that is they have great special teams). 

Vrabel is highly under rated as a HC. The guy is a motivator. 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:18 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Wish I could say I was still interested. I'm sure I'll get excited again for next year, but the fire has gone out for now. We can't beat 3rd string quarterbacks...so I'm pretty sure we don't belong anywhere near "Playoffs".

After seeing the cheering and jubilation in Pittsburgh, it just kind of hit me...that's who they are, and we're the team who loses their best player by swinging a helmet and dooming the franchise. It's just who we are. Pittsburgh is the team who can win with an undrafted QB. Think about that for a while. We literally can't beat a team starting an undrafted QB and we had almost every single starting offensive player, INCLUDING the former #1 pick QB in Baker Mayfield. We scored 13 points in the biggest game our franchise has seen in over a decade, and our defense gave up 20 points to an undrafted QB. 

By the time the dust has settled, Myles Garrett and our "sure tackling secondary" will be responsible for the jobs of Freddie Kitchens and his coaching staff, any chance we had at the post season, beating the Steelers twice for the first time in 30 years, and the possible destruction of Baker Mayfield because he'll have to learn another new system and everyone knows that's how you ruin QBs. 

I'm still crabby about Ward & Greedy in Pittsburgh.

19 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Vrabel is highly under rated as a HC. The guy is a motivator. 

still a good teacher of the game too..I was listening to a Jeffery Simmons radio interview the other day. Vrabel, 3 days a week will hold a hands & arms technique class for about 90 minutes at practice..all 53* including Kickers & Punters per Simmons.. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

still a good teacher of the game too..I was listening to a Jeffery Simmons radio interview the other day. Vrabel, 3 days a week will hold a hands & arms technique class for about 90 minutes at practice..all 53* including Kickers & Punters per Simmons.. 

Another former Buckeye to watch is Luke Fickell down in  Cincinnati and doing well with the Bearcats.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, jiggins7919 said:

By the time the dust has settled, Myles Garrett will be responsible for the jobs of Freddie Kitchens and his coaching staff, any chance we had at the post season, beating the Steelers twice for the first time in 30 years, and the possible destruction of Baker Mayfield because he'll have to learn another new system and everyone knows that's how you ruin QBs. 

Yeah well Pittsburgh started it.

Don't feel bad. We can always post a picture of Turkey Jones planting Bradshaw back in 1976. Isn't that what we always do?

Or remind ourselves about the 51-0 ass whipping put on the squeelers back in 1989.

I feel better already.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gorka said:

And your plan is to put on ignore those that are not in lockstep with your beliefs and opinions.

Even a bolder strategy.

By "not in lockstep" you mean a dumbass?   Spot on, my guy.

edit: Honest question - should I bother to take seriously or even engage in dialogue with anyone who doubles down on something as Retarded as "Myles doesn't make a difference"...?    Not only is it just that dumb, but it's an incredibly lazy argument with literally nothing to back it up.        So again, why should I even bother? I mean, Who has that kind of time or care?

I just checked the ClevelandBrowns.com Roster tab and they've moved Njoku from Injured/Reserved to the Active Roster... 

We're going to get to see the full offense firepower tomorrow. I hope the Bengals have a spare cause it's looking like a blowout!

6-7 tomorrow. 

I'm ready to see The Chief Slam. It's been awhile...

It's official. Activated!