THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Road to the Playoffs

Zombo

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tennessee 7-5: They hold a direct tie-breaker over us so we need them to lose 3 out of 4 or win the division. But if they win the division then we need Houston to lose 3 out 4, all to AFC teams.

TN finishes @OAK, HOU, NO and @HOU.

HOU finishes hosting DNV, @ TN, @ TB and hosting TN.

Despite HOU's manhandling of NE Sunday nite, I like their odds of stumbling to a 1-3 finish more than I do TN's...

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

TN finishes @OAK, HOU, NO and @HOU.

HOU finishes hosting DNV, @ TN, @ TB and hosting TN.

Despite HOU's manhandling of NE Sunday nite, I like their odds of stumbling to a 1-3 finish more than I do TN's...

Possible ... but my money is on the Titans being the stumbler. New Orleans is a tough one, and at the Black Hole is not a gimme despite how the Raiders have played lately, Gruden should have them competitive this week.

If I take my Brown googles off, my guess is that they split their two games with each other, they both make the playoffs and Pittsburgh is out.

Let's just go 9-7 so a boy can dream...

Zombo

I know that steelers loss sucks. I know with Garrett we woulda destroyed them. But what it boils down to is Tennessee, Colts, Steelers and Browns for that final spot.  Buffalo clearly has first unless they go on a losing streak.....but one more win and they are likely in. Look at the steelers remaining schedule and it screams 1-3 or 2-2 at best. Tennessee has to play Houston twice and cant remember the other 2....but thier remaining schedule looks like a 2-2.  Colts at best might go 3-1 or 2-2 in final four games.

My point is if New England loses again Baltimore might look past us and gift us a game as they rest for playoffs. Not withstanding we always play Baltimore tough no matter what our roster has been. 

If the browns win out and pitt and Tennessee go 9-7 as well....we are in! 

Will I watch the remaining games hell yeah -but- mathematically they have less than a 5% chance.......but that's not 0% yet.

GO BROWNS, just win  win  win win......baby !

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SuperDuper_Kosar1979 said:

I know that steelers loss sucks. I know with Garrett we woulda destroyed them. But what it boils down to is Tennessee, Colts, Steelers and Browns for that final spot.  Buffalo clearly has first unless they go on a losing streak.....but one more win and they are likely in. Look at the steelers remaining schedule and it screams 1-3 or 2-2 at best. Tennessee has to play Houston twice and cant remember the other 2....but thier remaining schedule looks like a 2-2.  Colts at best might go 3-1 or 2-2 in final four games.

My point is if New England loses again Baltimore might look past us and gift us a game as they rest for playoffs. Not withstanding we always play Baltimore tough no matter what our roster has been. 

I have yet to see Garrett destroy anybody... I can't recall any game in which he dominated in...  He's a good player... But not the game changer the Browns supposedly drafted...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have yet to see Garrett destroy anybody... I can't recall any game in which he dominated in...  He's a good player... But not the game changer the Browns supposedly drafted...

He is the reason that 3rd string QBs like DUCK do not look like Aaron Rodgers against us. He is the most dominant player on the defense, if not team.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He is the reason that 3rd string QBs don’t look like Aaron Rodgers against us.

Like Denvers 3rd string QB who beat us with....... Garrett on the field , right?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

Like Denvers 3rd string QB who beat us with....... Garrett on the field , right?

Damn dude didn’t even let me edit my post. Talk about a snappy response.

I’m not sure if you were watching our secondary fall apart. Ward got mossed(by Sutton); Whitehead and Greedy combined to bounce off their tight end(Noah Fant)and let him run for 60 yards. Our defense is bad. Myles Garrett is very good.

3 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Damn dude didn’t even let me edit my post. Talk about a snappy response.

I’m not sure if you were watching our secondary fall apart. Ward got mossed(by Sutton); Whitehead and Greedy combined to bounce off their tight end(Noah Fant)and let him run for 60 yards. Our defense is bad. Myles Garrett is very good.

In the meantime.. Garrett still hasn't dominated anybody or ruined some OC's gameplan.. I'm still waiting...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If the browns win out and go 9-7 their odds are like 65% to get in based on what the steelers , titans and colts have left on thier schedule.  The head to head loss vs titans wont matter if theres another 9-7 team which would likely be the steelers and or the colts. Browns would get in...

Theres also a possibility that the titans,  browns, steelers and colts all go 8-8 and the browns would still get in.

Have to avoid the titans being the only other 9-7 team.

4 minutes ago, SuperDuper_Kosar1979 said:

If the browns win out and go 9-7 their odds are like 65% to get in based on what the steelers , titans and colts have left on thier schedule.  The head to head loss vs titans wont matter if theres another 9-7 team which would likely be the steelers and or the colts. Browns would get in...

Theres also a possibility that the titans,  browns, steelers and colts all go 8-8 and the browns would still get in.

Have to avoid the titans being the only other 9-7 team.

I don't know where you saw that, but if it were to come down to Titans, Steelers, and Browns then the Browns are out.

For Wild Card, the 1st step is to determine the highest from each division. So that would eliminate one of Browns/Steelers. Then it would go to head to head, which would certainly factor in the Titans loss.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

It's not over yet. 9-7 Is still a possibility. We have to win out. We can go ahead and give the two top spots to New England and Baltimore. 

Let's look at Pittsburgh first; We can give them the win against the Cardinals this week, then a loss to the Bills, then a win against the Jets and a loss against the Ravens. 

Pittsburgh finishes 9-7 (out)

Buffalo really doesn't matter at this point, they are at 9-3 and we need them to beat Pittsburgh in two weeks, that would put them at 10 wins. We'll concede the 5th spot. 

Buffalo- lose to the Ravens, Big win @ Pittsburgh, loss @ the Patriots, beat the Jets. 

Buffalo finishes 11-5 (5th Wildcard)

Houston Texan are another threat for the sixth spot but here's the kicker, if they win the division then they are going to be in regardless, so let's look closer here; Currently 8-4 coming off a big win against the Patriots. Next up- Win at home vs. the Broncos, Win at Tennessee, Win at Tampa Bay, They can either win against the Titans again or the Titans can pull this one out. Either way they win the division. 

Houston Texans 11-5 or 12-4 (Division Winner)

Under Houston we have a race between Tennessee and Indianapolis. The Titans and the Colts. Let's go with the Titans since half of their games remaining are against the Texans. 

I think that the Houston Texans can sweep the Titans, that is our perfect scenario. 

Starting this week they have the Raiders. Let's say they pull off a victory against the Raiders. Then a loss against the Texans, a loss to the Saints and another loss to the Texans. 

Tennessee Titans finish 8-8 or 7-9

The Colts are another threat but they are going to play a 5-7 Tampa Bay team this week, It could go either way. I'm gonna give the Colts the nod anyways, just for the sake of if they win you don't need to panic. So a win against Tampa, Then they too play the Saints, this is a loss. Then they play a 5-7 Panthers, they can have the win, and win again against a 4-8 Jacksonville team. There are four chances for a loss we just need them to lose one more game.

Indianapolis Colts 8-8 or 9-7

Facing our last hurdle to a miracle playoff berth, we have the Oakland Raiders. They are at 6-6, we need them to lose one more game. Above I had them losing to this week to the Titans already which satisfied the loss requirement already, after that the could run the table against the Jaguars, then the Chargers and then the Broncos... or they could lose them all. They could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7 and we'd still get in. 

Oakland Raiders 6-10 or 9-7 

Realistic, if both Oakland and the Colts lose this weekend and we handle the Bengals- all three of us are at 6-7. Or If the Raider can beat the Titans that gives them on of the three losses we need them to take. The other two can come against the Texans, and if the Raiders do win then they can split with the Texans. 

This is by far, not over, not yet. It's true, we don't control our own destiny anymore. We need a little help from our friends but more importantly, we need to win... and now or it really is all over. Don't give up yet. 

The Titans play the Texans 2 times, the Saints and the Raiders. They need three losses. I see possibly four. 

Tennessee could finish 7-9. 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

In the meantime.. Garrett still hasn't dominated anybody or ruined some OC's gameplan.. I'm still waiting...

So you don’t think every OC plans around Garrett’s presence on the field?? You are sadly mistaken if you don’t. He is constantly double teamed. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

So you don’t think every OC plans around Garrett’s presence on the field?? You are sadly mistaken if you don’t. He is constantly double teamed. 

More excuses!

3 hours ago, SuperDuper_Kosar1979 said:

i played this game before....if this team beats that team and that team beats this team....never works out...this team is depleted of talent on the d side of the los..and the ol stinks bigtime...that is where we lost this season.....add to the fact that kitchens sucks as a hc....he won't be back next yr anyway.......good luck on your optimism....

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

he is a fucking crimminal that should get kicked out of the nfl...the asshole is so fucking lucky that helmet did not cause major injury....looking foward to seeing some headline during the offseason with him involved in some kind of felony charge....

3 hours ago, nickers said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037822/article/2019-nfl-season-aaron-donald-headlines-top-10-pass-rushers

Did you notice our corners shittin’ bricks because of Duck’s clean pocket?

Also, are you aware of how many sacks Myles does NOT have because of holding calls that set the other team back? 

34935D28-A558-4D23-A998-484DAA8E0F03.png

There's a thread that states the odds at 4.8%.  

We blew it.  We had to win last week.  We ain't beating the Rat's again.

We HAVE some offensive weapons...but we can't get the most out of them when we play teams with strong defensive fronts....because our OL tackles cannot handle good defenders consistently enough to get us down the field.  That's not going to change without an offseason.

We need to retool.

Right now we cannot generate a pass rush....because Myles has to sit in the corner and Vernon is gimpy.  (Vernon didn't really show much this season)

4.8% chance that all the stars line up.  So that we can go face a team with a good D in the playoffs.  :)        

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, browns52 said:

he is a fucking crimminal that should get kicked out of the nfl...the asshole is so fucking lucky that helmet did not cause major injury....looking foward to seeing some headline during the offseason with him involved in some kind of felony charge....

Doubling down on your idiotic take? 

Impressive. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I don't know where you saw that, but if it were to come down to Titans, Steelers, and Browns then the Browns are out.

For Wild Card, the 1st step is to determine the highest from each division. So that would eliminate one of Browns/Steelers. Then it would go to head to head, which would certainly factor in the Titans loss.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

We would need the Steelers, TItans, Colts, Raiders, and of course our Browns to finish 9-7 to make the playoffs.

If the Titans finish higher then the Colts  (i.e. TItans finish 9-7 Colts finish 8-8) then the Titans will get in.

6 minutes ago, ColumbusKing said:

We would need the Steelers, TItans, Colts, Raiders, and of course our Browns to finish 9-7 to make the playoffs.

If the Titans finish higher then the Colts  (i.e. TItans finish 9-7 Colts finish 8-8) then the Titans will get in.

The Titans play the Raiders, The Texans, The Saints and the Texans again... 

11 hours ago, nickers said:

Look, man... I've got enough people on ignore already and I'm really not looking to add more.  

But as Dutch highlighted, opposing OC's specifically game plan and design around Myles.  We've seen as much.  You don't have to go back any further then his last game to check the pressure rates, win percentage and QB hits. That's not even including his ability to hold up in run fits.

MG is a difference maker.  You can poll 32 of 32 OC's in the NFL - all of them will agree. 

• Upvote 2