THE BROWNS BOARD

Indians trade Kluber to Rangers

Dutch Oven

DeShields, 27, hit .249 with four home runs, 32 RBIs and 24 stolen bases in 118 games last season. Clase, 21, was 2-3 with a 2.31 ERA in 21 appearances in the majors for Texas last season.

42 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Lindor next?

B/R -. Though Cleveland Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor has been a hot name on the trade block this offseason, the chances of a deal "may have diminished" following the team's trade of Corey Kluber, according to Jon Heyman of MLB Network.

Heyman previously reported Sunday the Indians sent Kluber to the Texas Rangers. He later noted the organization will clear nearly all of the pitcher's salary.

Kluber was owed $17.5 million for the 2020 season and has an $18 million team option for 2021.

Lindor has two more years under team control but is set to make approximately $16.7 million in 2020 through arbitration, according to MLB Trade Rumors.

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

According to The Atlantic, Indians receive OF Delino DeShields and relief pitcher Emmanuel Clase.

DeShields is a no power guy with speed who can't get on base. Clase is a 21 year old kid who can hit the upper 90s

Need more than that. 

So, here it goes...the Tribe's cheap ass owners having a fire sale.  

11 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

well, as  devils advocate - pitching staff without Kluber seemed ok  

They still have good pitching, a good infield if Lindor stays, a promising outfield which maybe could use a little help and of course a HOF manager.

Kluber might have peaked, I guess we'll find out about that.

In the ALC they're going to be ok.....no fire sale needed.

https://clutchpoints.com/indians-news-cleveland-looking-for-best-trade-offers-for-francisco-lindor-by-the-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR3g53_IjJ7bYiYgvg3NFgwk54S76VS36gI-lsTwdoPrNPp-RK4hB_oB-qc

I hope the tribe keeps him for another year - but the front office always looks for prospects in numbers that a Lindor trade  obviously will take in. 

I cant think of any better scouting team that can evaluate players like we do. ( well minus the Astros .. probably a few more maybe but hey Im a homer) 

On 12/21/2019 at 8:43 AM, FairHooker11 said:

https://clutchpoints.com/indians-news-cleveland-looking-for-best-trade-offers-for-francisco-lindor-by-the-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR3g53_IjJ7bYiYgvg3NFgwk54S76VS36gI-lsTwdoPrNPp-RK4hB_oB-qc

I hope the tribe keeps him for another year - but the front office always looks for prospects in numbers that a Lindor trade  obviously will take in. 

I cant think of any better scouting team that can evaluate players like we do. ( well minus the Astros .. probably a few more maybe but hey Im a homer) 

The Indians are one of the best-run sports organizations out there, regardless of sport.

The MLB financial set up hurts them, and they'd be idiots to tie up 1/3 of their payroll on one player. 

The Indians aren't getting a better offer for Lindor than they would now. 

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Indians are one of the best-run sports organizations out there, regardless of sport.

The MLB financial set up hurts them, and they'd be idiots to tie up 1/3 of their payroll on one player. 

The Indians aren't getting a better offer for Lindor than they would now. 

yes agree,  but wouldnt that be the case ( tying up huge money) until  2 more years if the tribe decides to "try" and sign him to a new contract?

(I guess even trying to extend his current one too - he is deserving more so than what Machado got)

but his trade value would be huge - and why the Indians are so good at evaluating talent

I think back to the deal we made with Montreal years ago that netted guys like Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Brandon Phillips for basically 

Bartolo Colon...  

32 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

......but his trade value would be huge - and why the Indians are so good at evaluating talent

I think back to the deal we made with Montreal years ago that netted guys like Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Brandon Phillips for basically 

Bartolo Colon...  

Yes..... and then dump troublemaker Phillips and keep rolling.  Other teams study the Indians to see exactly how they do it.

Oh also MLB is thinking of doing some major league downsizing of the minor league program, I hope that the MV Scrappers stay intact.

One of Cleveland's good moves Columbus, Akron, Lake County, Niles all within a short drive of each other from the main office in Cleveland.