THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns at Cardinals Gameday Thread

Zombo

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

If they do, it wouldn't be a shock. When I didn't think the Browns could possibly under perform- they exceeded my expectations. 

1) Landry & OBJ were visibly POed.

2) You made a three win team look like a SB contender. 

3) It's a body of work. Every team has a fluke loss here or there. But Freddie is losing games to teams he has an obvious talent advantage over. I don't buy the post game BS from the Browns shills "he's only a rookie HC". FWIW, a rookie HC with a playoff worthy roster. Starting with a loss to the not so great in 2019 Rams, the Seattle screw up, Getting bucked by an inferior Bronco team. getting f**ked by "The Duck", and now the "abomination in the desert". 

4) you were FAVORED in that game Freddie, and you laid a humongous egg. It wasn't even competitive.  

It has been a long, long time since I've seen a Browns team play like total crap like that. PS- tackling drills all week- you wrapped up like it was flag football. 

Not to mention the  BLOW OUT week 1 to the so so Tities (when they were still playing a QB so rubbish that Tannehill is far superior...Tannehill, FAR superior. 

One of my biggest gripes about Fred was his inability to get/keep the team from being affected by the preseason hype. He tried. I heard him mention, several times, that the team hadn't accomplished anything yet, that until they win games, none of the gloss beforehand matters (in so many words). But he wasn't able to get through to the players; even though he spoke of it, they very much started the season off thinking all they had to do was just show up, and they'd win, no sweat. Legit coaches would never allow this complacency headed into a season. Could you see a Hoodie, Tuna, Jimmy Johnson, Noll, etc. team begin a season with this mentality?

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I felt like this yesterday and I still feel like it today.

i haven’t missed a game in ages but I’m going to find something else to do Sunday. I’ll save three hours next Sunday and three the next 

I know. I have no intention of watching next week. It's going to be an absolute blood bath. Whatever the spread is, bet on the Ravens. Easy money in my book. 

45 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know. I have no intention of watching next week. It's going to be an absolute blood bath. Whatever the spread is, bet on the Ravens. Easy money in my book. 

FWIW, the opening line is 10-and I agree take the Ravens and give the points.  

I'll only watch because I'm pretty sure  haven't missed a game since 1999. But I'm NOT going to the bar with my buddies blowing $40 bucks on food and drinks to watch what promises to be a slaughter. Staying home in the Man Cave and watch on tape delay to rip through the commercials.... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

At least my Florida State Seminoles are still in the top 5 every year…

Wait… 

This is the part that made me laugh.

11 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

For you fans who still think Mack Wilson is having a “good year”... I don’t care what PFF says about his grade...

You should since their grade of 40.8 supports your position... ;)

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

You want the proof of Baker’s inaccuracy? 

One throw that I've not seen discussed that disturbed me was the deep ball on the "free play" in our first possession. "Intended" for OBJ who was double covered the announcers were giving Baker credit for recognizing AZ was offside and taking a shot.

Problem I had was that he threw it 5-yards beyond the lot of them... so there was no "shot" taken. He had a free play and never gave OBJ a chance to cash it.

Also reminded me that we are back to scrapping the bottom of the proverbial announcer barrel.

Remember when the season was young and we were drawing each network's top talent?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

One throw that I've not seen discussed that disturbed me was the deep ball on the "free play" in our first possession. "Intended" for OBJ who was double covered the announcers were giving Baker credit for recognizing AZ was offside and taking a shot.

Yeah, my dad said, "WTF was THAT crap?" after that ridiculous bomb. Lol. 

I honestly can't explain a thing other than Baker's thumb might really be hurting, and I think missing Calloway and even Perriman have somehow bothered him, in addition to Njoku. Really, the issue is consistency because you'll see some nice throws at times. That pass OBJ inexplicably dropped was a dime. He had a nice bullet to Seals-Jones, who of course promptly fumbled it. Shit, I wanna say Baker started off like 14-17 or something like that. 

Anyway, I do remember the hopeful season. I remember the anticipation of something relatively special. I never thought Super Bowl, but I expected 9 or 10 wins and a shot at the playoffs. I never expected our biggest problem to be the accuracy of Baker Mayfield. Heck, it showed up in game 1 when he effectively doomed us with 3 picks or whatever it was in the 2nd half. 

This somehow feels worse than the 0-16 year, and I just feel like we're going to blow it all up in about 2 weeks. I'm serious, we're likely going to get our entire asses completely blown off by the Ravens. Spread is around 10.5 I think, but I'm calling us down that many at half. We have no heart.