THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Bowl Mania

Zombo

If you're watching ESPN, swap to ESPNU immediately.

“Film Room” with analysts Tom Luginbill and Louis Riddick will take the telestrator to the game coverage and break down the Peach Bowl in real time.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I've got cleat marks on my back...

... but it ain't over!

After the LSU blowout this game should be very interesting.  First ever 13-0 vs 13-0 matchup.

And I've won 9 in a row going into it.......  GO BUCKEYES !

too many of my picks SUCK. lol

on a roll on the bigger points.

Ohio State sure laid an egg, watched LSU roll and Ohio State lose in North Carolina with friends over

the Christmas week. Had a LOT OF FUN with friends, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody...

but I wish Ohio State had won.

• Thanks 1

The next three days of bowl games are up.....

Monday, Dec. 30

• SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (12:30 p.m., ESPN): Western Kentucky (-1) vs. Western Michigan
  • Franklin America Mortgage Music City Bowl (4 p.m., ESPN): Louisville vs. Mississippi State (-3.5)
  • Redbox Bowl (4 p.m., FOX): Illinois vs. Cal (-6.5)
  • Capital One Orange Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): Florida (-14) vs. Virginia 

Tuesday, Dec. 31

• Belk Bowl (Noon, ESPN): Virginia Tech (-3) vs. Kentucky
  • Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl (2 p.m., CBS): Florida State vs. Arizona State (-4)
  • AutoZone Liberty Bowl (3:45 p.m., ESPN): Navy (-1.5) vs. Kansas State
  • NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl (4:30 p.m., CBS Sports Network): Wyoming (-7) vs. Georgia State
  • Valero Alamo Bowl (7:30 p.m., ESPN): Texas vs. Utah (-8)

Wednesday, Jan. 1 ..... with three BIG TEN teams in action, only Wisconsin is favored.

• Vrbo Citrus Bowl (1 p.m., ABC): Alabama (-7) vs. Michigan
  • Outback Bowl (1 p.m., ESPN): Minnesota vs. Auburn (-7.5)
  • Rose Bowl (5 p.m., ESPN): Oregon vs. Wisconsin (-3)
  • Allstate Sugar Bowl (8:45 p.m., ESPN): Georgia (-8) vs. Baylor

Fun fact... The Buckeyes busted the last two, perfect Bowlmania entries. Two folks were 21/21 after the Peach Bowl. Both picked tOSU...

On 12/29/2019 at 12:10 PM, mjp28 said:

LSU opened a 6 point favorite now a 5.5 point favorite versus Clemson.

I have a hard time seeing it being that close.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Fun fact... The Buckeyes busted the last two, perfect Bowlmania entries. Two folks were 21/21 after the Peach Bowl. Both picked tOSU...

I have a hard time seeing it being that close.

If you go by the power rankings Clemson is +2 over LSU, on the coach Clemson is another +2 = CLEM -4 on a neutral field. But this is pretty much an LSU home game so add between 2-4 points toward LSU. That brings it to CLEM -2 to maybe pick.

Intangibles - LSU came off of an easy blowout win over Oklahoma, Clemson was in a real physical slugfest with Ohio State. Advantage LSU.

The SEC is tougher than the ACC. Slight advantage to LSU.  Clemson is the defending champion. Slight advantage to Clemson.

So CLEM +5.5 seems to be a good pick.

So there you go.......  (barring someone getting thrown in jail :lol: )

Game #26 Virginia vs Florida and we all picked Florida for 26 to 40 points....no big surprises there.  Florida should win big.

21 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Game #26 Virginia vs Florida and we all picked Florida for 26 to 40 points....no big surprises there.  Florida should win big.

And all of but two have AZ ST and NAVY plus all of us have the Wyoming Cowboys in game #30.

........ Wednesday three BIG TEN teams in action.

• Upvote 1

Wife & I headed out Monday morning to Charlotte,NC to see the Belk Bowl & just returning. Western Kentucky vs Virginia Tech. (Feisty 🥊)  Saw a great game with no dog in the fight. Had a great time with work friends of my wife & Panther season ticket holders.  Spotty Officiating leading to endless reviews brought lots of Browns & Panthers chatter to the stands from today's news..

Have not even read the Main board yet. but I have the remaining Keg of Michelob Ultra to catch-up 🍺 🤕..  4pOf.gif   

Btw.. About that Gumby73, 10 game win streak I had rolling? I knew I was doomed midway thru the 4th quarter wearing the Garrett jersey in that Stadium 😎..

Good Luck everybody!! and just as last season, Somebody's winning this thing on the last game. (hey, as a group we rank in the 500's. How many total groups are we stomping?;))         

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Wife & I headed out Monday morning to Charlotte,NC to see the Belk Bowl & just returning. Western Kentucky vs Virginia Tech. (Feisty 🥊)  Saw a great game with no dog in the fight. Had a great time with work friends of my wife & Panther season ticket holders.  Spotty Officiating leading to endless reviews brought lots of Browns & Panthers chatter to the stands from today's news..

Have not even read the Main board yet. but I have the remaining Keg of Michelob Ultra to catch-up 🍺 🤕..  4pOf.gif   

Btw.. About that Gumby73, 10 game win streak I had rolling? I knew I was doomed midway thru the 4th quarter wearing the Garrett jersey in that Stadium 😎..

Good Luck everybody!! and just as last season, Somebody's winning this thing on the last game. (hey, as a group we rank in the 500's. How many total groups are we stomping?;))         

Nice. We're stomping all the communist SEC groups lol.

scUM vs 'Bama today. I picked 'Bama so scUM will probably win it.

Safe travels. Nothing says "Capitol One Bowl Week" more than the Belk Bowl. #woof

• Like 1

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

stupid kentucky. stupid Utah. lol at least we climbed into eighth place.

Kentucky I had a feel on with Warren Ohio native Bowden and Youngstown Ohio native coach mark Stoops. -BUT- #11  Utah surprised everyone against unranked Texas that looked like a top 10 team.

Now on to the BIG TEN, oh ALA 7-0.

What? I'm the only one picking Michigan well for a big 9 points.... GO BLUE !   You suckers are finished if the Wolverines can dump the tide.  (Or I just wasted 9 points.)

And Woody, I thought it would be you and me pulling for M.

27 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

-BUT- #11  Utah surprised everyone against unranked Texas that looked like a top 10 team.

a reason to quit drinking after watching a bowl game live...my plan was to flip that game solely to Texas for almost playing a Home game..but, I barely remember how i got home  🤕 Hope I recover by Monday 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

What? I'm the only one picking Michigan well for a big 9 points.... GO BLUE !   You suckers are finished if the Wolverines can dump the tide.  (Or I just wasted 9 points.)

And Woody, I thought it would be you and me pulling for M.

MICHIGAN SUCKS !  They can't win the B1G, beat Ohio State or win a bowl game.....I must be an idiot.

Now all I need to hear is that Harbaugh is coming to Cleveland.  :lol:

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Couple of folks picking Oregon... but with little or no conviction.

Dude! Why did i not get a memo that Oregon looks the size of Japanese ping pong players compared to Wisconsin👀..If the Ducks win this for 4 points.. I want Wisconsin Cheese in every school house cafeteria in the state of Oregon.. 🧀 i hope they eat well at halftime.. #sumo-ninja

• Haha 1

Besides the National Championship Game on Monday January 13, 2020 here's what is left:

Thursday, Jan. 2

• TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl (3 p.m., ESPN): Boston College vs. Cincinnati (-5.5)
  • TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (7 p.m., ESPN): Indiana vs. Tennessee (PK)

FRIDAY, Jan. 3

• Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (3:30 p.m., ESPN): Nevada vs. Ohio (-7)

SATURDAY Jan. 4

• Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (11:30 a.m., ESPN): Tulane (-7.5) vs. Southern Miss

MONDAY Jan. 6 ?

• Mobile Alabama Bowl (7:30 p.m., ESPN): Miami (OH) vs. ULL (-14.5)
Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

Wow this is going to be really close coming down to the last two games and maybe a few points.  

So Miss up 13-0 early and the top 5 all have Tulane.

Screenshot_2020-01-04_120628.jpg