THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Bowl Mania

Zombo

It's that time!

Confidence Points!

This is an ESPN League ... let me know if this link works: http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2019/en/group?groupID=253506

Join the list of Champions:

NCAA BOWL MANIA

2004 KSHutchins

2005 HagII

2006 Calfox & Dad

2007 The Great Zomboni

2008 Fooleeze

2009 Furnier

2010 Andy Magee

2011 MickyP

2012 The Great Zomboni

2013 Furnier

2014 Beanpot

2015 Rocket Warrior

2016 Beanpot

2017 Ohio Fire

2018 MarkO's Confidence Points Blow

2019 Gumby73

worked ! had to go find my password list again...

It's really tough to win, especially more than once.

The year Dad and I won, he made nearly all the picks.

The next year, I changed 3 of his picks, lol, and....

all three lost, or we would have won, or almost won. Now, It's just me, and my picks still suck.

dammit. LOL It is NOT easy. Even the "experts" get them wrong.

I use the LastPass password manager with a boatload of sites and passwords in it.....saves a ton of work and trying to remember or find where you wrote passwords and other important things down.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I use the LastPass password manager with a boatload of sites and passwords in it.....saves a ton of work and trying to remember or find where you wrote passwords and other important things down.

I don't trust anything like that online. I just stick to my list. which I keep losing different places.

I usually invent a password related to the topic: for example, for American football I could use "Steelerssuck" then I tweak it with numbers and signs "5t33l3r55uck!!!". 

Not a perfect method, but having it related to whatever you're up to triggers your memory. 

EDIT: I use different languages, too. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't trust anything like that online. I just stick to my list. which I keep losing different places.

It's encrypted and I have a big master password to get in but I've been using it for many, many years now and I love it. Just click on and if you want it logs you in.

I also use my tricks and references when creating passwords and ALWAYS have a reference to the year in it for my "time to update" flag.

Makes updating passwords a whole lot easier, I update individual passwords every year or two..... important ones at least yearly.

I do backup passwords in a master steno pad.

• Upvote 1

Password managers from PC Mag, some basic ones are FREE but I use LastPass premium because I can use it in all of my laptop, tablets, phones......never be without access to all of your sites.   (See barber shop forum for more information.)

https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/300318/the-best-password-managers

Screenshot_2019-12-12_110044.jpg

• Zombo pinned this topic

All 41 bowl games are up with the dates starting December 20, 2019 featuring:

Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl
Buffalo vs. Charlotte

Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl
Utah State vs. Kent State

Then a whole bunch on December 21, 2019......you can start making your picks anytime now so get in !

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" ....bowl season, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

On 12/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, Tour2ma said:

I tend not to worry too much about passwords for ESPN, Yahoo, etc...

Anyway... picks are in... reordering to come.

Yes I have a very few "garbage" or even some duplicate passwords -but- my important one are all unique and updated.  

And the game picking isn't too bad it's the con points that can drive you nuts.   :blink:

TUESDAY NIGHT, still time to get in.....

Group Results

RANK ENTRY, OWNER PPR TOTAL PCT
- 861 0 0
- 861 0 0
- 861 0 0
- 861 0 0
- - 0 0
- 861 0 0
- - 0 0
- - 0 0

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I made all my picks. Some upsets ... it's nearly impossible to get those right. But some of them always happen.

I don't think anyone could win picking all favorites and yes there will be some upsets plus factor in the con points it can get crazy.....and interesting !

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Everyone but browns149 is locked in plus there are a few hours left this Friday morning to play.  

Screenshot_2019-12-20_092948.jpg

I’m in. 

12 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Happy for Kent St. ....but I took Utah St for 41, ouch

LOL. I only lost one point on that one. Went back and forth whether to pick it as an upset.

Kent was good enough, but I ended up chickening out on the upset and what happens? LOL

only one point, so that's a good thing.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

LOL. I only lost one point on that one. Went back and forth whether to pick it as an upset.

Kent was good enough, but I ended up chickening out on the upset and what happens? LOL

only one point, so that's a good thing.

That was a really good game and I ended up watching the whole thing!  What a battle of quarterbacks Crum vs the NFL bound Love and both teams went all out

KENT STATE 51 UTAH STATE 41 final.  I lost 13 points but I don't care, a lot of us lost big points on the "smart bet".  MAC now 2-0.

• Upvote 1

Well after the first weekend of 9 games and Kent State's dramatic win with the MAC now 2-0, Tour looks like he was shot out of a cannon.

On to one game each on Monday and Tuesday.

Screenshot_2019-12-22_124419.jpg

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

... Tour looks like he was shot out of a cannon.

3 for 3 picking dogs... 3 for 5 running with favs... go figure. The two misses sent 58 points down the drain, but App St. delivered 41.

Should be able to enjoy a lead thru Christmas, but the PPR is foreshadowing an uncertain New Year.

And the next games up before Super Saturday, a couple BIG TEN teams:

Thursday, Dec. 26

• Walk-On's Independence Bowl (4 p.m., ESPN): Miami (-8) vs. Louisiana Tech
  • Quick Lane Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): Pittsburgh (-12) vs. Eastern Michigan

Friday, Dec. 27

• Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman (Noon, ESPN): North Carolina (-6.5) vs. Temple
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl (3:20 p.m., ESPN): Michigan State (-3) vs. Wake Forest
  • Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl (6:45 p.m., ESPN): Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M (-4.5)
  • San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl (8 p.m., FS1): USC vs. Iowa (-1)
  • Cheez-It Bowl (10:15 p.m., ESPN): Air Force (-2) vs. Washington St

On 12/25/2019 at 11:56 PM, mjp28 said:

And the next games up before Super Saturday, a couple BIG TEN teams:

Thursday, Dec. 26

• Walk-On's Independence Bowl (4 p.m., ESPN): Miami (-8) vs. Louisiana Tech  Skip Holtz at Tech, won 6th straight bowl game. What a Defense
  • Quick Lane Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): Pittsburgh (-12) vs. Eastern Michigan QB punches 2 players & Opps! the best landed on the Ref's jaw.. 

Friday, Dec. 27

• Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman (Noon, ESPN): North Carolina (-6.5) vs. Temple
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl (3:20 p.m., ESPN): Michigan State (-3) vs. Wake Forest
  • Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl (6:45 p.m., ESPN): Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M (-4.5)
  • San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl (8 p.m., FS1): USC vs. Iowa (-1)
  • Cheez-It Bowl (10:15 p.m., ESPN): Air Force (-2) vs. Washington St

Welcome to 🏈 bowl Moving Day ^^... lots of points left..G👀d Luck!!

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Welcome to 🏈 bowl Moving Day ^^... lots of points left..G👀d Luck!!

Yeah and I did something I almost NEVER do a last minute change in the WSU/AF game. :o

......now that they're posted I has 16 on WSU now 10 on AF.  We'll see......