THE BROWNS BOARD

Handshake with Bernie

jcam222

Bernie was a great loyal Cleveland Brown and great guy but the game has taken its toll on him. He's about 13 years younger than me (he was born 1963) but looks older than me.

Good luck Bernie the real #19.

Kosar got his health back. I remember reading a quote about him about all the bones he'd had broken.

Which was lengthy. Couldn't find it, but did find this in his new book, which I would love to read.

"Note to Wife - late idea for Christmas gift". Kosar was a fighter on the field - all in, no quit.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2017/08/bernie_kosar_excerpt_from_his.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

From 2009 an interview  with Dan Lebatard....   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2009/07/the_life_and_times_of_bernie_k.html

Updated Mar 27, 2019;Posted Jul 15, 2009
The life and times of Bernie Kosar: Not many wins, far to many losses

What he went through in his career was amazing.

Like many NFL players especially playing so many years at quarterback you never really get your health back.....some even worse.

Whether you loved Bernie or not.. He was one tough Mother Effer... That man took a beating... He wanted to play here.. While Bernie had his limitations.. You never felt like you were out of the game.. With BK and the gang.. We always had a chance to win.. His intrepid way and the guile he had to just draw plays up in the dirt was always amazing to me.. Long live BK!

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Kosar got his health back. I remember reading a quote about him about all the bones he'd had broken.

Which was lengthy. Couldn't find it, but did find this in his new book, which I would love to read.

"Note to Wife - late idea for Christmas gift". Kosar was a fighter on the field - all in, no quit.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2017/08/bernie_kosar_excerpt_from_his.html

Just read that, damn that injury list is insane!! I’m going to have to get the book now. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Bernie was right in front of my seats Sunday. Actually got his attention and he stepped over for a quick hello and handshake. Was pretty cool. He seems really healthy these days. 

9E528004-8B5F-4676-B2AA-33064F4156C9.jpeg

fucking weird man for what ever reason terry bradshaw was shooting a commercial for pepsi and tostitos  out here in oregon  so ya shookhis hand  wished him a merry christmas and a GO BROWNS

• Upvote 2