THE BROWNS BOARD

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Dallas at Chicago one came to play.

mjp28

If you're no Dallas fan you have to be loving this game....they look lousy!

On our pickem 11 DAL 11 CHI +3.   :)

• Upvote 1

OMG what bad attempted tackling by Dallas.   :lol:

Made Trubisky look like Walter Payton.  31-14.

Couldn't happen to a nicer team.  :D  6-7 and still in first place. May be the first time in quite a while we see a team take a division with a losing record. When it comes to the NFC, no team I hate more- and it's not even close to the runner up. 

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Garrett is in big trouble....

Jerrah started it giving  Zeke that fat contract.  Now he's going to have to  pay Dak and  a few others, like Cooper. Welcome to  cap hell. 

You can't  buy  your way to the  Super Bowl. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Jerrah started it giving  Zeke that fat contract.  Now he's going to have to  pay Dak and  a few others, like Cooper. Welcome to  cap hell. 

You can't  buy  your way to the  Super Bowl. 

Back in the day with jerrrah and Jimmy they did just the opposite, dumped the great Hershel Walker for a boatload of picks, developed a fantastic OL, got the triplets. They got killed then it came together......and the rest was America's team history....barf.

Emmitt Smith because the all time rusher with the road graders, a balanced attack and a franchise quarterback.

That's all there is to it, simple huh.

Pretty sure you don't get Coach of the Year for beating Dallas...

Apparently Jerrah is hot to trot for Lincoln Riley, but is willing to take Urban Myers as a consolation prize.

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty sure you don't get Coach of the Year for beating Dallas...

Apparently Jerrah is hot to trot for Lincoln Riley, but is willing to take Urban Myers as a consolation prize.

I would like to  think Urban  has more  sense than  to work  for  Jerrah. He certainly  doesn't  need the  money.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I would like to  think Urban  has more  sense than  to work  for  Jerrah. He certainly  doesn't  need the  money.  

Sometimes you can get some big surprises when it comes to HC announcements.

But Urban is an Ohio boy I'd be shocked to see him in Texas..... but Youngstown Ohio native Bob Stoops is the new XFL Dallas coach and he also does not need the money. Go figure.

Are some of us forgetting that Urban did not exactly retire of his own free will?

He has coaching left in him and the NFL is now his only market.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Are some of us forgetting that Urban did not exactly retire of his own free will?

He has coaching left in him and the NFL is now his only market.

Don’t forget Urban has a cushy job at tOSU, not to mention a nice college analyst position at Fox.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Don’t forget Urban has a cushy job at tOSU, not to mention a nice college analyst position at Fox.

Either of which would be great for you or me... but not a "Coach" who still has an itch to scratch.

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Either of which would be great for you or me... but not a "Coach" who still has an itch to scratch.

That is so true they're not like us "normal" working stiffs content just to mow the lawn or go fishing.  :huh:

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Nah- Urban had his dream job with the Bucs. He's not going to Dallas. But if the Browns fire Freddie with Meyer lined up? Way more likely. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Nah- Urban had his dream job with the Bucs. He's not going to Dallas. But if the Browns fire Freddie with Meyer lined up? Way more likely. 

Now that might be an Astabula Ohio kids dream who has coached at BG and Ohio State to have a shot at being the head coach of the Cleveland Browns......if that is on his bucket list.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

The operative word in your post is "had"...

The Dallas HC job is hardly toxic and is even less so now with Stephen taking a greater GM role. The Dallas QB's skill set is right in Urban's wheelhouse. And then there's Zeke...

Wherever Urban might go he's going to want a say in personnel... total if he can get it, but certainly the more the better. In this light do you really think that Urban working for Dorsey is more likely than his working for Stephen Jones???

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The operative word in your post is "had"...

The Dallas HC job is hardly toxic and is even less so now with Stephen taking a greater GM role. The Dallas QB's skill set is right in Urban's wheelhouse. And then there's Zeke...

Wherever Urban might go he's going to want a say in personnel... total if he can get it, but certainly the more the better. In this light do you really think that Urban working for Dorsey is more likely than his working for Stephen Jones???

If Urban decides he wants to coach in the NFL, I would guess he'd stay in Ohio before he headed to Texas.