THE BROWNS BOARD

Odell Beckham vague on future with Browns amid worst season

Vambo

Odell Beckham vague on future with Browns amid worst season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28231590/odell-beckham-vague-future-browns-amid-worst-season

"No one knows what the future holds, like tomorrow," Beckham said when asked after Thursday's practice whether he wants to be in Cleveland next year. "I couldn't tell you what's going to happen."

"I couldn't sit here and tell you whether I'm going to be here, want to be here, don't want to be here," Beckham said. "This is exactly where I'm at now, and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else."

He's signed through 2022 or 2023 isn't he?

He is signed till 2024. 

He and Landry should be here for awhile. 

We went from having zero receivers to having one of the best dynamic duo in the NFL. These guys are like brothers and once we address the line, good luck covering all our options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

We went from having zero receivers to having one of the best dynamic duo in the NFL. These guys are like brothers and once we address the line, good luck covering all our options. 

A dynamic duo that hasn't produced a turd...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, browns52 said:

it don't matter....other teams can pick up his contract....contracts have looopholes...he could be gone...and who cares...none of this shitty experiment worked anyway....

A lot of it is on Freddie. His is an imbecile that would rather target fucken Demetrius Harris in the End Zone then a generational talent. Doesn't help that Baker is throwing INTs like Kluber is throwing off speed stuff. The whole situation is quite sad.

• Upvote 1

Adam The Bull tried to make a big deal of OBJ's interview and how he's got no idea of God's plan for his future....and how that supposedly meant that he may want out of Cleveland.  But the fact is, he CAN'T know his future.  It's not in his control.  He didn't want to be traded from NY.  But here he is.  So, not only does OBJ not know, but NOBODY knows.

He's here.  Landry is here.  Let's keep them here.  Let's work on the OL in the offseason.  And let's get this offense where it's supposed to be for next year.

We finally have a couple of Honest To God wide receivers....they help the running game just by being on the field.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

It's interesting that Jarvis Landry, after two pretty bad seasons(2017 ranks as one of the worst receiving seasons in nfl history imo) has had a nice year so far this year.  He's getting down the field more, and his average route run appears to be longer.

In 2017 he somewhere managed to turn 160 targets into less than 1000 receiving yards.  How does one do that?  2018 was mediocre at best.  Then in 2019 he's become a plus player.

The question is whether or not 2019 represents something, or whether or he will revert back to 2017 and 2018?  Because if this year represents a move towards running routes of more value and more YAC in general, he's ok even at his current contract.  But I sense it is more the former, and if so he will be cut whenever that contract means the Browns can get out of it without a cap hit.  IIRC it's not this offseason but the next. 

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

in 2017 he somewhere managed to turn 160 targets into less than 1000 receiving yards.  How does one do that?  2018 was mediocre at best. 

In 2017 he was in Miami...and did he not have over 100 receptions.  And in 2018 he had 80 something catches.  That's mediocre?   

3 hours ago, Orion said:

In 2017 he was in Miami...and did he not have over 100 receptions.  And in 2018 he had 80 something catches.  That's mediocre?   

I'm still trying to figure out why we'd cut him in the case of "the former" which is he continues to play at a "2019 represents" elevated level...

5 hours ago, Tacosman said:

The question is whether or not 2019 represents something, or whether or he will revert back to 2017 and 2018?  Because if this year represents a move towards running routes of more value and more YAC in general, he's ok even at his current contract.  But I sense it is more the former, and if so he will be cut whenever that contract means the Browns can get out of it without a cap hit.  IIRC it's not this offseason but the next.

OBJ can't go anywhere we don't want to send him.

And if he has ideas about acting up to get out, then he needs to ask Antonio Brown how that worked out for him.

11 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

A lot of it is on Freddie. His is an imbecile that would rather target fucken Demetrius Harris in the End Zone then a generational talent. Doesn't help that Baker is throwing INTs like Kluber is throwing off speed stuff. The whole situation is quite sad.

Baker is the one targeting the players I'm the redzone. I can promise you the plays aren't just "OBJ don't run a route or try to get open we're gonna throw to Harris and Landry."

17 hours ago, D Bone said:

If Freddie's back, OBJ will want out and he won't be timid about asking for it.  

Or he'll just use the ABrown strategy and have a hissy fit until he gets cut and will go outside and do a strange dance on video of course which will then go viral and then get a call from Billy B. and the NE scavengers and sign a one year deal but will forget where he's at and do something stupid and get cut and end up unemployed and out of football.

Or something like that.  :huh:

• Haha 1

So far I've been nothing but impressed by his patience and teamwork. He has every right to be frustrated, but I see nothing but incompetent journalists trying their hardest to make a story when their isn't one. Even bad teams with star WRs get their guy the ball...what's the freakin problem? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

So far I've been nothing but impressed by his patience and teamwork. He has every right to be frustrated, but I see nothing but incompetent journalists trying their hardest to make a story when their isn't one. Even bad teams with star WRs get their guy the ball...what's the freakin problem? 

it's a nothingburger. "it's a business" he doesn't know. If he says "I never want to leave the Browns" the question will be "does he care about winning?" or something.

Just more dumb journalist questions, mary kay cabbage and tony rizzo style.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 5:52 AM, bjh2130 said:

Baker is the one targeting the players I'm the redzone. I can promise you the plays aren't just "OBJ don't run a route or try to get open we're gonna throw to Harris and Landry."

It's both of them man. Like I said it's fucken sad. Had both of them on fantasy because I thought they would blow the fuck up but and they have costed me dearly (like literal actual money).

22 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I didn't hear that Glazer report. That's very interesting to me.  I don't fully believe it because he and Jarvis are so tight and I really think Jarvis loves it here.  It would be a slap in the face to his best friend.  When OBJ is on the field he's giving 100% blocking for teammates and is legitimately happy when teammates score. 

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... plus winning helps.

Meanwhile I have to wonder how many more passes Baker gets when he speaks even a little out of turn.

I was 100% OK with his immediate quote on live TV after the Myles Meltdown, but he has got to learn to not be quite so honest regarding other players and their business...........

"I don't know about any of that, and that's between _____________ and the team" will serve him well as a leader in the future.  

• Upvote 1