THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie had the right message in July

Icecube

I got to admit, Freddie WAS saying the right things back before the season even started, namely that the Browns hadn't done anything yet, and that potential is meaningless without actual results. 

He repeated this over and over again. The only problem? The players apparently didn't absorb this message. They were so caught up in their new found celebrity and media coverage that they obviously didn't take this message to heart, with it manifesting in the week one beat down by the Titans. 

But I at least got to give Fred his props for seeing it coming, he just couldn't DO anything about it, so it seems. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

I got to admit, Freddie WAS saying the right things back before the season even started, namely that the Browns hadn't done anything yet, and that potential is meaningless without actual results. 

He repeated this over and over again. The only problem? The players apparently didn't absorb this message. They were so caught up in their new found celebrity and media coverage that they obviously didn't take this message to heart, with it manifesting in the week one beat down by the Titans. 

But I at least got to give Fred his props for seeing it coming, he just couldn't DO anything about it, so it seems. 

He was trying to counteract all of the media hype going on.  Trying to make them understand that the hype would not be a substitute for hard work and preparation.

Everybody loved him back then.  Now, everybody hates him.

I've been one of his staunchest supporters throughout the season.  I supported his decision to attack the end of the first half against Seattle.  (I like an offensive minded HC)  He learned then that he could not count on his team and that he should be more conservative.  But recently he has done things that have rubbed me the wrong way.  Keeping his secondary quarterback out of the Steeler game punished the rest of the team and all of us by giving up some big pass plays and costing us a chance at a playoff run.  With Myles out and Vernon gimpy and useless, the secondary was going to have to carry more of a burden.  Then there's the whole Higgins thing.  What the hell happened to him under Freddie's watch.  Tack on Njoku supposedly being cleared to practice, not being listed on any injury report while being a healthy scratch every week.  And then the whole T-shirt controversy.  He should have never left his house wearing that thing.  He represents the team and organization.  I don't care that his kids got it for him and wanted him to wear it.  As THE ADULT he should've told them that he could not wear it outside of the house.  But no, when asked about it he said that he'd do it again.  -  That is just plain dumb.

I let the 4th and 9 draw slide, I let the 5 yard non punt penalty resulting in going for it on 4th and double digits slide........but keeping productive players suppressed?  And letting his daughters dress him foolishly in public?   It's getting hard for me to remain in his corner.