THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 14 NFL TV Maps

dusty

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

And a good bright, beautiful, yet crisp morning from the Muni to you all!

Just slammed some delicious sausage gravy, took a shot of spiced rum punch, I've got a beer in my hand and the mood is good here.  

Cal, saved you a parking space champ.  We won't start flip cup until 11.

Do you have Appletinis or some nice wine coolers for cal? Something with an umbrella? 

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Perhaps.....but even if it were a reality.....the Georgia Bulldogs just were not good enough to take advantage of any aid they may have received.  They were truly vastly overrated.  And let's face it.....Ohio State faced a far tougher opponent in their  conf. Championship game than did LSU. 

You just can't say that the "rumor" was complete nonsense, can you? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

It may have been complete nonsense in that it may never really have been a fact....but.....the plausibility of it was not nonsense.  But, the game was such a big runaway that even if it were not nonsense it did not matter anyway.  A 30 pt. game is hard to cheat to overcome.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you have Appletinis or some nice wine coolers for cal? Something with an umbrella? 

We got some Christmas Ale and some bud light.    Unfortunately we don't carry Napolean dick offerings here.

Walking to the stadium, hoping its rowdy with some domination start to finish.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was only a rumor in Gip's mind....  And OSU is the #2 seed, as I suspected....  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Get ready for a tough road game.

Screenshot_2019-12-08_150732.jpg

True it will be tough - I don't know who can beat Clemson.

35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I was only a rumor in Gip's mind....  And OSU is the #2 seed, as I suspected....  

I do believe the SEC receives favorable treatment from the committee. Georgia loosing yesterday did make for a good field though - the way it should be - conference champions playing for the championship.

5 hours ago, dusty said:

True it will be tough - I don't know who can beat Clemson.

I do believe the SEC receives favorable treatment from the committee. Georgia loosing yesterday did make for a good field though - the way it should be - conference champions playing for the championship.

SEC favorable treatment, yes largely because of *Clemson and Alabama's recent successes.  But if you believe in such things OHIO STATE has done well in the Fiesta Bowl.

GO BUCKEYES, 13-0 going on 14-0.

*Yes Clemson is ACC not SEC.

Edited by mjp28

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Get ready for a tough road game.

Screenshot_2019-12-08_150732.jpg

I would say there will be far more OSU fans at the fiesta bowl than Clemson fans. Arizona has a lot of buckeye fans and alums out there. Honestly if OSU had choice they are choosing fiesta bowl if their opponent was LSU or Clemson. Only time they chose Atlanta is if they played Oklahoma.

Edit. It also gives OSU one more chance to have bijan robinson come see OSU in person with his family and Jack Miller (from Arizona) to try and convince his mom Ohio state is not too far away. 

15 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Bullshit that I have to watch cardinals host steelers instead of chiefs at pats

Yeah....I switched to the red zone to watch highlights of them all.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I heard it elsewhere.  And "rumor" may not be the right term....Speculation.   Conspiracy Theory.  LIke Alien abduction and Loch Ness monster.....a perception on the part that may not be fact. 

Are you seriously telling me that you don't like a good conspiracy theory......even knowing it may not be true?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I heard it elsewhere.  And "rumor" may not be the right term....Speculation.   Conspiracy Theory.  LIke Alien abduction and Loch Ness monster.....a perception on the part that may not be fact. 

Are you seriously telling me that you don't like a good conspiracy theory......even knowing it may not be true?

I don't like BS that is horseshit.... 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I don't like BS that is horseshit.... 

Then, in this world, you should become a hermit in a cave somewhere.  Because you can't avoid it. 

And....do you realize what you just said, literally?   You don't like bullshit that is horseshit.   But, do you like horseshit that is bullshit?   And do you like goatshit that is either?  

And I certainly know that there is the occasional chickshit  on board here.  

And, some people are batshit crazy. 

:lol::D:o:ph34r:

Just now, The Gipper said:

Then, in this world, you should become a hermit in a cave somewhere.  Because you can't avoid it. 

Like stupid opinions you pulled out of your ass? There was no conspiracy, never was. so just admit that was BS you heard somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Like stupid opinions you pulled out of your ass? There was no conspiracy, never was. so just admit that was BS you heard somewhere. 

No.....all my opinions are perfectly logical.......But, Let's see.....This was not MY opinion,   and I had already said that....that it was something I heard somewhere! And I admitted that it could be bullshit.  Also, see my edit about the kind of shit that is slung around here. 

And why have you gone full defensive mode over the SEC?  Certainly they are NOT above having their credibility questioned in many areas.  Maybe not this one.....maybe not. 

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No.....all my opinions are perfectly logical.......But, Let's see.....This was not MY opinion,   and I had already said that....that it was something I heard somewhere! And I admitted that it could be bullshit.  Also, see my edit about the kind of shit that is slung around here. 

And why have you gone full defensive mode over the SEC?  Certainly they are NOT above having their credibility questioned in many areas.  Maybe not this one.....maybe not. 

I like to think there's a shred of integrity in the reffing community. LSU won handily- so whoever posted this crap to get clicks was totally full of it. Go post me a link, OK?  

52 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I like to think there's a shred of integrity in the reffing community. LSU won handily- so whoever posted this crap to get clicks was totally full of it. Go post me a link, OK?  

You are belaboring it.   I do hope their is a shred of integrity in the reffing community......and I hope that some of that rubs off into competency.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have no idea why lawyers are generally despised. 

What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer? A bad lawyer might let a case drag on for several years. A good lawyer knows how to make it last even longer.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have no idea why lawyers are generally despised. 

They are despised because they are the ones that call others, perhaps even you, on their wrongdoing.  Hypothetical:   You are a fuckup or an asshole, you do something that is either bad...commit a crime or some intentional tort,  or you are merely unfortunate, like have an auto accident, or your marriage breaks down.  In our society, it is the job of lawyers to take you to task.....to prosecute you, to judge you....to represent opposing parties who want compensation from you.  So, you hate those attorneys who are going against you.  And you also resent the attorney you have to hire to try to protect you, because you don't want to pay money to them....for a variety of reasons:  that you are wrongly accused and why should you pay to prove that; or that you just hate having to go through this process even if you know you are wrong, or are at fault, or don't think your  estranged spouse should receive what she want.... and resent having to put up with it.  So, you blame the lawyers.

But, the fact is, it is the lawyers in our society that do all those things that you probably take for granted:   they protect the Constitution,   they protect your rights, your freedom, your liberty.  They..in conjunction with law enforcement  are the ones that put away the bad people that should not be free to roam around in society.  If YOU are the victim, they pursue your interests....they obtain the protections and compensation you are entitled to. 

Thank God we have lawyers, otherwise we would have anarchy, tyranny and chaos.

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

.....Thank God we have lawyers, otherwise we would have anarchy, tyranny and chaos.

The real truth is if you're in trouble or have been wronged by someone maybe you call your mommy but if you're in big trouble you call your lawyer.

Yes they are an essential part of our legal system and society and a good lawyer is worth everything he or she earns and like in any profession there are many good ones and a few eh ones......but they're so much fun to make jokes about.

Q: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 100?
A: Your Honor.
Q: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50
A: Senator.

Q: What's the difference between an accountant and a lawyer?
A: Accountants know they're boring.

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The real truth is if you're in trouble or have been wronged by someone maybe you call your mommy but if you're in big trouble you call your lawyer.

Yes they are an essential part of our legal system and society and a good lawyer is worth everything he or she earns and like in any profession there are many good ones and a few eh ones......but they're so much fun to make jokes about.

Q: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 100?
A: Your Honor.
Q: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50
A: Senator.

Q: What's the difference between an accountant and a lawyer?
A: Accountants know they're boring.

Actually, most lawyers want to be boring.

Just curious....what is/was your profession?  

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Briefly, not the two page resume - I spent most all of my working career in the steel industry starting in maintenance, production, plant engineering, sales.

I had many other interests and got an MBA with a dual major in management and finance, started a tax business and other interests.

I'm now a retired sports bum.

......edit add, in 1978 I took out the GMAT and LSAT and had to decide between a paid MBA and stay in my profession or law school at Akron nights for four years and start over. I took the MBA but did take a lot of business law, labor law, legislation, etc.  I was 28 at the time.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, most lawyers want to be boring.

Be honest now some of those lawyer jokes were funny.  Eh?

58 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Lawyers are evil necessities.  Probably the only profession you can say that about.

Dentists? IRS agents? NFL referees? I'm sure there are a few more.

But when you are in trouble lawyers might not be so evil......but you can still make good jokes about them.

the-judicial-rulings-are-over-here-that-section-is-all-lawyer-jokes-new-yorker-cartoon_u-l-pgss620.jpg