THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 14 NFL TV Maps

dusty

Can I ask who our TV expert is this week... Beth Mowins? or Tiki Barber? and what the heck do they know about the Battle of Ohio?... Say Hello to TV delay with Jim Donovan..(now if i can just figure out how to delay the Tavern reactions 🤔)

40 minutes ago, Orion said:

I believe I heard 

Has The Orion and Orbits Band added some twisting of words to this classic hit about rosters on paper yet? 🤩   

cause, We let it Smolder.. like 📃🔥      

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Can I ask who our TV expert is this week... Beth Mowins? or Tiki Barber? and what the heck do they know about the Battle of Ohio?... Say Hello to TV delay with Jim Donovan..(now if i can just figure out how to delay the Tavern reactions 🤔)

I can see we came in last for TV announcers.  :huh:

Screenshot_2019-12-05_102551.jpg

12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I can see we came in last for TV announcers.  :huh:

Screenshot_2019-12-05_102551.jpg

Last week we had the "top" early announcers although they sure didn't sound like they were. I'll take Nantz and Romo any day over Eagle and Fouts. I understand getting excited over a big play but they went overboard when the steelers did anything. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, dusty said:

Last week we had the "top" early announcers although they sure didn't sound like they were. I'll take Nantz and Romo any day over Eagle and Fouts. I understand getting excited over a big play but they went overboard when the steelers did anything. 

Took the words right out of my mouth.

When I was listening to Eagle & Fouts, it sounded like they were on the Stillers payroll.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

When I was listening to Eagle & Fouts, it sounded like they were on the Stillers payroll.

Fouts is the one that I can't stand with his "anti-Ohio" bias especially since KW II didn't win a ring vs OSU back in 2003. His daddy was Fouts' main target Winslow I .....and had way more class than his idiot son.

Never could listen to the whiney Fouts much after that.

You're telling me the battle for Ohio isn't the national game!

3 hours ago, dusty said:

Romo is the man, I really enjoy what he brings to the table.

9 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

You're telling me the battle for Ohio isn't the national game!

Romo is the man, I really enjoy what he brings to the table.

National game of Ohio, some of Kentucky and Western West Virginia.  :mellow:

And in college football:

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6

8:00 PM Pac-12 Championship
5 Utah vs 13 Oregon
(in Santa Clara)
ABC Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit

52 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And in college football:

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6

8:00 PM Pac-12 Championship
5 Utah vs 13 Oregon
(in Santa Clara)
ABC Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit

Wait! Oregon has a LT that can catch Passes..at 6'6 325 hundy.. got my attention :wub:    

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Wait! Oregon has a LT that can catch Passes..at 6'6 325 hundy.. got my attention :wub:    

He's a talented big guy not just a big guy.

Meanwhile Oregon 20-0 half, whoa.

Here is what's happening today.

Closest big game is LSU / Georgia. If LSU wins I could see them taking 1st in the rankings. Ohio State would be 2, Clemson 3, and Oklahoma 4.

Georgia wins then Ohio State 1, Clemson 2, Georgia 3, LSU 4.

Thoughts?

Capture+_2019-12-07-09-52-36.png

Here is a highly plausible conspiracy theory:

The SEC will  manipulate it to have LSU be beaten by   Georgia.    That way, both team likely would be selected for the College football playoffs.   LSU is considered almost a lock even if they lose to Ga....whereas Georgia would be out of the picture if they get beat by LSU.  (that would give the SEC 2 teams, and leave the OK/Baylor winner on the sidelines)  With the highly questionable ethics of the SEC would you put it past them?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Here is a highly plausible conspiracy theory:

The SEC will  manipulate it to have LSU be beaten by   Georgia.    That way, both team likely would be selected for the College football playoffs.   LSU is considered almost a lock even if they lose to Ga....whereas Georgia would be out of the picture if they get beat by LSU.  (that would give the SEC 2 teams, and leave the OK/Baylor winner on the sidelines)  With the highly questionable ethics of the SEC would you put it past them?

No conspiracy  Gipper.  There is no way in hell both teams won't try as hard as they can to win the game,  and the winner will be  legit. No doubt the  SEC would  like to have  that happen,  but they're not  playing the game. 

Now if Clemson  gets upset, that would make  me very happy. 

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

He's a talented big guy not just a big guy.

Meanwhile Oregon 20-0 half, whoa.

That was the big shocker, the way Oregon smoked  the Utes. Watched most of the game (my Alaska pal is an Oregon alum).

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

That was the big shocker, the way Oregon smoked  the Utes. Watched most of the game (my Alaska pal is an Oregon alum).

Every time I hear "the Utah Utes" I think of Joe Pesci in 'My Cousin Vinny'. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

No conspiracy  Gipper.  There is no way in hell both teams won't try as hard as they can to win the game,  and the winner will be  legit. No doubt the  SEC would  like to have  that happen,  but they're not  playing the game. 

Not saying that the players and coaches won't try their hardest....but the league may put the word in the ear of the refs to affect the outcome. In this day and age you should not underestimate the potential that greed/venality can affect the ethical conduct of people.

Now if Clemson  gets upset, that would make  me very happy. 

LSU 34-10 in the 4th quarter and still driving.  I'm watching the BIG TEN pregame now.

Meanwhile conspiracies belong on the poli forum.  :lol:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

LSU 34-10 in the 4th quarter and still driving.  I'm watching the BIG TEN pregame now.

Meanwhile conspiracies belong on the poli forum.  :lol:

Only if they are political conspiracies.... if they involve football, they can be here.   In this case, the conspiracy was just a rumor.

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Only if they are political conspiracies.... if they involve football, they can be here.   In this case, the conspiracy was just a rumor.

It was a big nothing  burger rumor.  

And a good bright, beautiful, yet crisp morning from the Muni to you all!

Just slammed some delicious sausage gravy, took a shot of spiced rum punch, I've got a beer in my hand and the mood is good here.  

Cal, saved you a parking space champ.  We won't start flip cup until 11.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a really good, feel good pre-game story.. https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/father-of-browns-p-jamie-gillan-to-lead-flyover-at-bengals-game?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral  the 17th of this month, will be my dads first year as passed whom was Navy.. Total Goosebumps & Congrats to the Gillan's..Great move Team Browns   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

It was a big nothing  burger rumor.  

Perhaps.....but even if it were a reality.....the Georgia Bulldogs just were not good enough to take advantage of any aid they may have received.  They were truly vastly overrated.  And let's face it.....Ohio State faced a far tougher opponent in their  conf. Championship game than did LSU.