THE BROWNS BOARD

On to the 2020 Season

Orion

New Uniforms!  Wonder what Jimmuh & Dee will have them wearing?   Polka Dots maybe...

New Offensive Line!  Between FA & the draft, 3 spots need upgrading.

We'll get Myles back!  (in theory)  And Njoku!  (Njoku might as well go back on IR and be ready for next year)

.......I know we're not eliminated from the playoffs....but....c'mon, let's face it....it's On To 2020.

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm all for starting draft talk at this point....

and thank dog these uniforms are four games away from a bonfire. 

Or kids in Haiti will be wearing them.

Just now, tinythinker said:

what TV commercial deals we hoping to see for which player(s)?

Hopefully none.  

44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd go old-school. 

Brown and orange aren't colors you can get flashy with. The simpler the better. 

Except maybe for Halloween.  Stick with the classic white, brown for the road.

sad pumpkin.jpg

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Lose out and get the best draft choice

Pointless to win again

Yup.  The stars would have to line up for us......and they're not going to....

Wanna bet that Cincy pulls Dalton now that they've got a win?   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd go old-school. 

Brown and orange aren't colors you can get flashy with. The simpler the better. 

This is pretty true.  I never understood what was wrong with them, that they had to change them.

I’m quite interested in seeing how the rest of this year shakes out. These last few games have mettle testing written all over them.

How does Kitchens handle it? How does the DL handle losing their superstar? Will anyone besides Bitonio and Tretter make a case for themselves to play next year on the Oline? Will Greedy learn how to turn his head? Will Swagger II remain undefeated at home? 

Inquiring minds wanna know...

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I still plan on watching and enjoying the remainder of this season. As tough as that may seem.
Expectations lead to disappointment, as Browns fans, we all understand this.

I'm still scratching my head about all the fans who counted this as an easy win, like they did the TN game. 

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'm still scratching my head about all the fans who counted this as an easy win, like they did the TN game. 

Well, the Steeler offense is decimated.  So, that would be why.

I didn't....because I know how much we struggle against good defensive fronts.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Well, the Steeler offense is decimated.  So, that would be why.

I didn't....because I know how much we struggle against good defensive fronts.

That and I'm pretty sure the Browns are something like 6-43 vs the Steelers in Pittsburgh since 1970. (Just the top of my head)

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That and I'm pretty sure the Browns are something like 6-43 vs the Steelers in Pittsburgh since 1970. (Just the top of my head)

Yeah, it's harder to win on the road.  When I wrote my Handicapping program, many years ago, I always gave the home team a FG (3 points).

But when I was a little kid, we kicked the Steelers' assess no matter where we played them.   It's all related to how 'good' the team is.  And the Steelers have been good for a very long time now.  And we've been lopsidedly BAD for a long time.  

It was so VERY disappointing to lose THIS year in Pittsburgh because in their weakened state, we were so much better than them.  We had so many more good skill players than they could field.  But their strength (defensive front) matched up against our weakness (OL) was such that it hampered our ability to actually USE our strength.

Our OL is a calamity of errors.  Sashi, the stuck up lawyer, pulled the offer to Mitchell Shwartz so we've struggled at RT.   Joe Thomas retired and we've struggled at LT since then.  And finally, Dorsey made HIS blunder with Austin Corbett....thinking HE would replace Zeitler.   

Dorsey has work to do this offseason.....and at the top of the list has to be OL.    (unless HC leapfrogs into 1st place) 

22 hours ago, Orion said:

This is pretty true.  I never understood what was wrong with them, that they had to change them.

Some of the storied franchises that should never change their uniforms ...Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Browns, Cowboys...but leave it up to the Browns to fuck that up too.

26 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yeah, it's harder to win on the road.  When I wrote my Handicapping program, many years ago, I always gave the home team a FG (3 points).

But when I was a little kid, we kicked the Steelers' assess no matter where we played them.   It's all related to how 'good' the team is.  And the Steelers have been good for a very long time now.  And we've been lopsidedly BAD for a long time.  

It was so VERY disappointing to lose THIS year in Pittsburgh because in their weakened state, we were so much better than them.  We had so many more good skill players than they could field.  But their strength (defensive front) matched up against our weakness (OL) was such that it hampered our ability to actually USE our strength.

Our OL is a calamity of errors.  Sashi, the stuck up lawyer, pulled the offer to Mitchell Shwartz so we've struggled at RT.   Joe Thomas retired and we've struggled at LT since then.  And finally, Dorsey made HIS blunder with Austin Corbett....thinking HE would replace Zeitler.   

Dorsey has work to do this offseason.....and at the top of the list has to be OL.    (unless HC leapfrogs into 1st place) 

Well we only swept the Steelers 3 times since 1970...unless you're talking pre-1970 which would make you very very old, like Gipper! 

14 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Some of the storied franchises that should never change their uniforms ...Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Browns, Cowboys...but leave it up to the Browns to fuck that up too.

That's gotta be blamed on Jimmy & Dee.

I wrote Jimmy a letter a couple of years back explaining my displeasure with the uni's.and his reason of Modernizing the uniforms.  I told him that I didn't think that the Yankees would be giving up the pin stripes for polka dots any time soon.  (among other things)    I wasn't mean or anything in the letter but I did say that I couldn't finish the letter by saying Thank You because I couldn't think of anything to thank him for.   He sent a polite letter back.  In it stating that he would turn over the letter to marketing.   (I also told him that the name Browns down the leg was my idea and that it was stolen off a message board)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Well we only swept the Steelers 3 times since 1970...unless you're talking pre-1970 which would make you  very very old, like Gipper! 

lol

I was a kid Browns fan watching Jim Brown play.    My grandfather was a Pirates & Steeler fan.  We would go over and visit him at my aunt & uncle's house and he would say to me, Oh Allen, your Browns beat us up again.  :)     The Steelers always stunk for him.   VERY shortly after he died Franco Harris made the Immaculate Reception.    My grandfather was a good man and a good guy.  I miss him to this day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m quite interested in seeing how the rest of this year shakes out. These last few games have mettle testing written all over them.

How does Kitchens handle it? How does the DL handle losing their superstar? Will anyone besides Bitonio and Tretter make a case for themselves to play next year on the Oline? Will Greedy learn how to turn his head? Will Swagger II remain undefeated at home? 

Inquiring minds wanna know...

Just Pay Schobert!! Lol

• Upvote 1