THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at Steelers Official Gameday thread

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

We went ball control prevent offense.  
At one point we had 13 carries to start to the game and I believe Baker was 6/8.   We were running into 8 man fronts with blitzing linebackers.  

I don’t agree with the ball control keep away approach when Facing a rookie QB.  If the Steelers get one or two more possessions that’s a couple more occasions for rookie mistakes.
the Steelers actually took more shots down the field with their best WR out!!!!

We took the wrong approach to the game and the defense put on a disgusting display.  I’m not talking about the newbies just entering the game and signed off of practice squads I’m talking about Guys like Carrie, Greedy and Wilson. 

That is true - except I figured the defense needed a lot of help with injuries/left home/suspensions at the time. I thought the ball control was to limit the weakened defense's exposure to pukesburg's offense as much as possible. I was disappointed though, at the throwing to OBJ again, while hopelessly double covered. It's just wasted downs unless OBJ still gets a bit of room to get to the ball.

I just notice that Ward gets picked on more than Greedy - that is bad. And sure enough, Ward gets a pass interference call on a long throw, right on cue. Didn't look back at the ball . Is it just me? I would think that it would help with getting interceptions? and avoid completions to make plays? lol Just seems like he needs a talking to. Could easily be just me. lol

I will say - giving them time to score again near halftime was bad. A little more intuitiveness, please.

8 hours ago, nickers said:

All I can say is OBJ is completely useless to this team.. I hope Dorsey trades him to one of those sissy California teams in the off season...

I doubt it's  diminishing  skills.  More like  dimished coaching  and playcalling.  Others have  pointed out, three  straight  passes  after the int  from the 30, resulting in  going  backwards.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crunchy said:

Lol, you so mad 

Mad about what? Freddie kitchens wearing that shirt was brain dead. If anyone should be mad it's you all. Your secondary was healthy besides the benching of Randall who apparently can't control himself. You were of course missing Garrett but the steelers have a murderers row of guys missing from the line up and you lost to our at one time fourth string qb. No one on offense besides the tight ends has more than two years in the league. (Skill players)

37 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Mad about what? Freddie kitchens wearing that shirt was brain dead. If anyone should be mad it's you all. Your secondary was healthy besides the benching of Randall who apparently can't control himself. You were of course missing Garrett but the steelers have a murderers row of guys missing from the line up and you lost to our at one time fourth string qb. No one on offense besides the tight ends has more than two years in the league. (Skill players)

Exactly  Vag. The Browns  had NO excuse for  losing  that game- but they still  managed to  do so. A disgusting  effort. 

9 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Strange, I only see 2 rushing attempts according to ESPN’s play by play box scores. https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401128107
Regardless if it was 2 or 6 rushing attempts, not much of a commitment to the run.

It was 6 and as I just posted in another thread the results were not good gaining 3,5,1,1, 2 and 3 yards. Tretter was playing on one leg by then.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Loaded means nothing without the line or QB. 

Now forgive my memory, I'm still foggy from all the shots on Saturday.  Did anyone see Wilks use any of our double A gap looks yesterday?   Honestly can't recall.

No instances I recall... I saw a few "games" across PTG's Center's face.

And as far as "loaded" goes add a TE to your list...

Then consider that the match ups were relative strength on strength, our O vs their D, and weakness on weakness, their O our D. Some post as if it was O vs O...

11 hours ago, nickers said:

All I can say is OBJ is completely useless to this team.. I hope Dorsey trades him to one of those sissy California teams in the off season...

But I'll bet you like Landry...

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It was 6 and as I just posted in another thread the results were not good gaining 3,5,1,1, 2 and 3 yards. Tretter was playing on one leg by then.

Unfortunately, I missed the entire second half of the game. I didn't hear about Tretter, what happened to him?

LOL the browns secondary had 2 UFA starting at FS and SS, plus Myles being out, plus Richardson headslamming a Heater, plus Vernon not being healthy and having to sit the 2nd half. The browns D was not good yesterday because of suspensions and space heaters and no pass rush and just terrible scheme. 

the browns offense is more embarrassing, but still had no LT, Robinson was out with a concussion. The browns were banged up but still had more talent and lost, due to no pass rush from the D and no brain from their head coach. I hope Freddie loses enough to be canned. Maybe he has already. He’s obviously not the answer, and has wasted the elephants weight of talent this roster has.

anyone see Scorsese’s The Irishman yet?

“It’s what it is.”

although Freddie has a lot to learn, so did Chuck Noll with the Squealers.

his first year as head coach, they only won once.

second year - five wins

third year - six wins.

Kitchen's first year - 5 and 7 so far.

It is just way wrong to say KItchens needs to be replaced. He will learn like Chuck Noll did.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

these are the clowns...what can go wrong will go wrong...they need to wear tshirts with that statement on it.....they suck, end of story....

Just now, calfoxwc said:

although Freddie has a lot to learn, so did Chuck Noll with the Squealers.

his first year as head coach, they only won once.

second year - five wins

third year - six wins.

Kitchen's first year - 5 and 7 so far.

It is just way wrong to say KItchens needs to be replaced. He will learn like Chuck Noll did.

me thinks not.....the dude does not care about discipline.....he cares more about his daughter telling him to wear that stupid tshirt....and then he is so stupid as to have his jacket unzipped so everyone can see it....including the steelers...boy, that was real intelligent....he is a bubba....bubba kitchy...

On 12/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, browns52 said:

i caught a brief camera glance at the end of the game with yodell screaming at one of our dumbass coaches.....the camera only showed about 2-3 seconds....but i saw it.....here comes yodell antics big time.....and you know what, its not really his fault....our coaches suck ass...

image.thumb.jpeg.8c92e34f7903bc51cd44ae164c943a49.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4b46dfe0df4e6b9ae3d8a4e80aef1315.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86abacfbde72e10cc7115f2d7d967eda.jpeg

On 12/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, mjp28 said:

Oh and thanks Myles you helped screw your teammates today.....idiot.

Browns' Larry Ogunjobi says Myles Garrett told him about racial slur immediately after Steelers brawl

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-larry-ogunjobi-myles-garret-racial-slur-steelers

Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Larry Ogunjobi said Sunday that his teammate Myles Garrett told him Mason Rudolph allegedly used a racial slur before their brawl escalated.

Garrett had made the allegation that the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback had used a racial slur before the defensive end removed Rudolph’s helmet and hit him with it during their Week 11 matchup. Garrett made the allegation during the appeal of the indefinite suspension he received in the melee’s fallout.

18 hours ago, browns52 said:

me thinks not.....the dude does not care about discipline.....he cares more about his daughter telling him to wear that stupid tshirt....and then he is so stupid as to have his jacket unzipped so everyone can see it....including the steelers...boy, that was real intelligent....he is a bubba....bubba kitchy...