THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at Steelers Official Gameday thread

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

True... except for the other 4 runs...

In our lone, 3rd-Qtr possession we ran the ball 5 times. The 6th came in our 1st possession of the 4th Qtr. After that the score and clock pretty much dictated that we pass.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019120110/2019/REG13/browns@steelers?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019120110

No tour. Its more fun to make up things so you can complain about how awful the coaching staff is and how even a high school jv coach could do better. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Larry that roughing the passer was horrible. Carson was also in the end one on that touch back. The ball is touching dudes leg. It easily could have been a safety because the refs are bad at their job. No matter what every team in the league outside of maybe the cheatriots has been victim to the absolutely horrendous officiating this year. It's embarrassing. 

And you are drunk if you don't think the steelers won't be much better with Ben and this defense. We were missing a lot of starters offensively too. The Ravens are legit tho and Tom brady is done after this season.

No worse than Garrett getting called for tackling Ben last year, short attention span. 

You won, stop bitching. 

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

No tour. Its more fun to make up things so you can complain about how awful the coaching staff is and how even a high school jv coach could do better. 

True... there is that.

Once Tretter was playing on one leg our ground game ground to a halt.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

hate to tell ya dude....he's right....hillbilly freddy fucking blows the  big one...so does the rest of the coaching staff...who the fuck teaches defensive linemen to stand straight up at the los especially on a goal line stand....we do...and get blown out every time....you know nothing about football ma man....absolutely nada...

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I was PROUD about how the Browns fought the entire game. the offensive line played their hearts into the dirt - but the LT just

isn't good enough to get it done, There was never "quit" for one second in that game. That is just dumb..I'd say, the Browns will start a new LT, a new RT and eventually? a new ROG. Baker got beat up a few times, threw a few throws in OBJ's direction into double coverage again, the defensive line got beat up even worse.

I will gripe though - even Greedy, who also got banged up in the second half, knows to look back for the ... what in the hell? I'm thinking a team who needs to take the lead, can simply throw a long ball ball towards Ward, and get a pass interference a lot of the time. Never looked back at the ball. What the....

I was proud of the Browns' run game. That is easier on the offensive line, but you can't keep running on first down with the same formation so often. A few times, the Browns got minus yardage handed to them, because the defense got wise.

The two? long throws to a double covered OBJ were wasted plays. Right to the end, the Browns might have tied it up to send it into overtime. They were undermanned, some things went wrong (Browns TD catch dropped when the TE's head hit the turf), and Baker led that fight by staying in the game after his hand got banged up.

I'm still annoyed about the helmet hit on Baker's helmet. NO CALL. And if I saw correctly, one of the Browns on kickoff coverage, got blasted from behind, and was looking at the refs and was wanting a flag. NO CALL.

I keep seeing this garbage. A few times, our safeties got badly outmaneuvered. The Browns played a hell of a game to even be in the game at the end. Just wasn't enough - not healthy enough, and...in Ward's case, not smart enough. Mack Wilson and Schobert ROCK.

you do have to stop complaining about the refs as they suck across the board....every team is experiencing the horrilble officiating...the real good teams overcome their poor judgment...

We aren't good enough. We have no magic. And we still can't win when it matters. The Steelers will always be the team we wish we were. They can win games with 2nd and 3rd string qb's and we can't even score 20 points in the most important game in over a decade. It would have been better if we didn't win 3 in a row because the losses will just hurt that much more. But hey, "There's always next year." 

43 minutes ago, browns52 said:

hate to tell ya dude....he's right....hillbilly freddy fucking blows the  big one...so does the rest of the coaching staff...who the fuck teaches defensive linemen to stand straight up at the los especially on a goal line stand....we do...and get blown out every time....you know nothing about football ma man....absolutely nada...

Haha classic.  The you know nothing about football comment when you know nothing about my football acumen.  Also this coming from a guy who didn't understand why we didn't draft tj watt when we run a 4-3 drafted defensive ends with the number 32 pick the year prior and the number 1 pick the year he was drafted. Keep holding on to that "ma man".

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

you do have to stop complaining about the refs as they suck across the board....every team is experiencing the horrilble officiating...the real good teams overcome their poor judgment...

which favors the good teams. Stop and think about that. Browns walked all over the squealers the first game, were shorthanded the second game, were only a td down at the end. It just is what it is.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

No worse than Garrett getting called for tackling Ben last year, short attention span. 

You won, stop bitching. 

I don't remember but if it was a bad call it was a bad call. The one today was a bad call.

20 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

which favors the good teams. Stop and think about that. Browns walked all over the squealers the first game, were shorthanded the second game, were only a td down at the end. It just is what it is.

The Browns didnt walk all over anyone. Mason rudolph was horrendous. The game was one score for a while. Any of you thinking you just crushed it the first go are on the sauce. 

"We finished it"

28 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Glad you brought that up...Pitt won turnover battle. 

Your welcome... next time don't go so far out on the proverbial limb.

All I can say is OBJ is completely useless to this team.. I hope Dorsey trades him to one of those sissy California teams in the off season...

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I disagree Mayfield wants to win very badly but also likes to make big bucks making stupid commercials.

This team was 7-8-1 last year with some tough close games and fewer tools. He wants to win.

This. Baker spent the off-season making commercials and shotgunning beers at baseball games, while Lamar Jackson spent it practicing and honing his craft and you can see the results in the play of both players.

Just typing this makes me sick to my stomach, because I hate the Ravens more than I do the Steelers, but the proof is in the pudding on this one. Devotion to your craft is what separates great players from just good players.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

True... except for the other 4 runs...

In our lone, 3rd-Qtr possession we ran the ball 5 times. The 6th came in our 1st possession of the 4th Qtr. After that the score and clock pretty much dictated that we pass.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019120110/2019/REG13/browns@steelers?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019120110

Strange, I only see 2 rushing attempts according to ESPN’s play by play box scores.

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401128107

Regardless if it was 2 or 6 rushing attempts, not much of a commitment to the run.

7 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Yes, it’s a great strategy for the 5th best rushing team in the NFL to abandon the run...again.

3 hours ago, nickers said:

All I can say is OBJ is completely useless to this team.. I hope Dorsey trades him to one of those sissy California teams in the off season...

You mean one of those sissy California teams that beat the Browns this season? 

The fact that we have a loaded offense...and we went against a depleted horrible steeler squad and lost and looked like floundering children shows freddie is Not the coach for the browns.

Embarrassing imho...

7 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

The fact that we have a loaded offense...and we went against a depleted horrible steeler squad and lost and looked like floundering children shows freddie is Not the coach for the browns.

Embarrassing imho...

Teams don't go 7-5 if they are horrible with our injuries/suspensions. 

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Embarrassing imho...

Loaded means nothing without the line or QB. 

Now forgive my memory, I'm still foggy from all the shots on Saturday.  Did anyone see Wilks use any of our double A gap looks yesterday?   Honestly can't recall.

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Now forgive my memory, I'm still foggy from all the shots on Saturday.  Did anyone see Wilks use any of our double A gap looks yesterday?   Honestly can't recall.

They could’ve figured out a way to get Odell more then 3 catches for 29 yards. The offense is atrocious. I’m not sure how much I wanna blame the line and Baker. No rhyme or reason on screens, PA, 2 minute hurry up, etc.

The defense was going for the strip in a one possession game, giving up huge amounts of YAC. This team is poorly coached. Maybe that’s why Dorsey gave Kitchens the job. We’re still “1 year away”

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

You mean the kind of looks you use when you are only facing a single backup in a good Oline and he is the center? 

I don't either. 

46 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

They could’ve figured out a way to get Odell more then 3 catches for 29 yards. The offense is atrocious. I’m not sure how much I wanna blame the line and Baker. No rhyme or reason on screens, PA, 2 minute hurry up, etc.

The defense was going for the strip in a one possession game, giving up huge amounts of YAC. This team is poorly coached. Maybe that’s why Dorsey gave Kitchens the job. We’re still “1 year away”

We went ball control prevent offense.  
At one point we had 13 carries to start to the game and I believe Baker was 6/8.   We were running into 8 man fronts with blitzing linebackers.  

I don’t agree with the ball control keep away approach when Facing a rookie QB.  If the Steelers get one or two more possessions that’s a couple more occasions for rookie mistakes.
the Steelers actually took more shots down the field with their best WR out!!!!

We took the wrong approach to the game and the defense put on a disgusting display.  I’m not talking about the newbies just entering the game and signed off of practice squads I’m talking about Guys like Carrie, Greedy and Wilson. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You mean one of those sissy California teams that beat the Browns this season? 

Any place ... I don't give a rats ass... He has diminished skills..