THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at Steelers Official Gameday thread

2 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Just out coached today plain and simple. 

Out played more than out coached but both were a killer.

Just now, jbluhm86 said:

Yep. Now that we're almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, you're going to see more and more players packing it in for the year. 

And who else is thinking that OBJ antics are going to start now that the season is done-zo?

i caught a brief camera glance at the end of the game with yodell screaming at one of our dumbass coaches.....the camera only showed about 2-3 seconds....but i saw it.....here comes yodell antics big time.....and you know what, its not really his fault....our coaches suck ass...

14 minutes ago, LeftEdge said:

No heart, no killer instinct. Up by 10 and we just let off the gas. Something is mentally wrong with this bunch. Whether it is coaching or the players we didnt give a fuck from the start. 

You watch any other NFL game and there is fight, tenacity and a will to win.

Watching this team you might as well take a nap. No expectation, no anticipation, you know exactly what will happen. 

The team quit today.

We are better off going 5-11 securing a left tackle and finding a leader in our secondary.

coaching staff I don’t know where to start 

I saw no quit.

And on my experience generally it's the "fans" that do not know football who say they do.

Bottom line today was that our DL was too dinged up to compete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tour2ma said:

And while I agree it doesn’t excuse the poor tackling and technique on the back end.

lack of hustle too.  We had the ball for most of the first half and we had guys jogging to the ball during the back to back steeler scoring drives.  

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I saw no quit.

And on my experience generally it's the "fans" that do not know football who say they do.

Secondary and DL. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LeftEdge said:

So our secondary was a result of our DL? 

That and motherfucking "trail technique"...

The few times we got any pressure on Duck... he did squat...

9 minutes ago, browns52 said:

i caught a brief camera glance at the end of the game with yodell screaming at one of our dumbass coaches.....the camera only showed about 2-3 seconds....but i saw it.....here comes yodell antics big time.....and you know what, its not really his fault....our coaches suck ass...

I saw it too, right on cue. 

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I saw no quit.

1 minute ago, Vambo said:

I looked to me like he was forcing the the last drive.

He was behind on everything.

Even the one completion to Hunt was thrown in an awkward spot.

he was relatively accurate most of the game 

some of you want to defend this guys but the effort stunk today.  I think that amounts to quitting

saw no quit, but If Gregg Williams coached this team on anything, it was how to take the wheels out to make a tackle..All Steve Wilks had to do, is stick to what was working.. after first contact yards had to be ridiculous... 

16 minutes ago, LeftEdge said:

No heart, no killer instinct. Up by 10 and we just let off the gas. Something is mentally wrong with this bunch. Whether it is coaching or the players we didnt give a fuck from the start. 

You watch any other NFL game and there is fight, tenacity and a will to win.

Watching this team you might as well take a nap. No expectation, no anticipation, you know exactly what will happen. 

This.^^ Precisely this. ^^ I thought it and you said it.

This team has no heart, no mental toughness. When things are going our way we roll like gangbusters. At the first sign of adversity, we fold like a cheap suit. We have not come from behind one single time this season. When we get behind, it's over. And you can bet your next fucking paycheck that in a close game, the Browns will allow the other team to drive the length of the field for a TD right before halftime.

Woody is exactly right about Kitchens. Our coaching staff is The Smell of Ass. We have more talent on offense than half the league and we can't get out of our own fucking way. On defense, our tackling is atrocious. We have a ball carrier stopped for little or no gain, nobody wraps up and he ends up gaining 8.

And it's all the more soul crushing because we ended last year with such high hopes. And no, I didn't expect us to go 13-3. Or even 10-6. But I certainly thought 9-7 was a strong possibility. Denver and Pittsburgh. 2 shit teams and we shit the bed.

Fuck it, I'm out. See ya next year...

• Thanks 1

Ok so the BROWNS playoff season is all but over -but- there is one other playoff team in Ohio.....

OHIO STATE opened up an 18 point favorite over Wisconsin now an early 16 point favorite to go to the Final Four.

GO BUCKEYES!

.......oh LSU is a 4 point favorite over Georgia.

• Upvote 1

Our d-line really, really struggled. Any QB could have had a solid game with the time Hodges had every time he dropped back.

Our young corners need to learn to play the ball

Redwine had some positive flashes

As far as offense,

Baker looked pretty solid, but he was off the mark on some critical throws.

Baker got beat up pretty good and everyone is complaining about the offensive line (Hubbard did suck pretty bad) - but Pittsburgh has one of the best defenses in the NFL - especially their front 7

Freddie still does dumb things - like the awful game management at the end of the first half, getting the ball after a huge turnover on the Pittsburgh 38 and bombing it every play - run the damn ball Freddie.

Our run game was pretty solid considering how solid Pittsburgh's front is, seems like we got away from it way too early.

9-7 is still enough to keep us in the playoff race, but the odds are pretty slim. I didn't expect us to finish 5-0, but I really wanted them to win this one 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Out played more than out coached but both were a killer.

Can't agree.  Tomlin made a few dumb calls but Freddie made a few good calls. He is in the wrong play with the wrong part.  Baker wants to make the big play so takes sacks because he does not care about winning. He just wants to be a star.  This team needs to reboot again.  Switch to Mac and get rid of the windows machines!  After the turn over passing 3 times was just dumb.  This is not Aaron Rodgers.  Hunt has the most juice of any of the players, the rest look like they are just playing for the next contract.  

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ok so the BROWNS playoff season is all but over -but- there is one other playoff team in Ohio.....

OHIO STATE opened up an 18 point favorite over Wisconsin now an early 16 point favorite to go to the Final Four.

GO BUCKEYES!

Take the Badgers with the points and LSU.  GA is way over rated like most SEC teams.  The last game was 10-7 in the 3rd before the Badgers fell apart.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm surprised the Baker apologists aren't blaming the interception on Landry. 

It’s difficult to get your QB in a true rhythm when you’re calling a bunch of conservative stuff with a minuscule lead instead of giving him continuous reps against a TOUGH defense. It also tells your QB that you don’t trust him to make plays. AKA play-called not to lose.

Screens and runs after we went down 7. Not until we were down 10 did the play-caller say:

“F it! Let’s see what you’ve got, Baker”  And sure enough the offense started to move.

You don’t draft a QB #1 overall to protect him with the season on the line in a MUST WIN game. This game hurt Baker, Odell, Jarvis and the whole organization.

We didn’t adjust to the fact that we lost our best player: Myles Garrett.

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

GO BUCKEYES!

They are a machine this year.  Fun to watch and then we get to Sunday.

LSU or Clemson can give us a game but I don’t see anyone else. Even then I’m sure our guys are looking forward to Burrow the secondary probably knows him pretty well 

1 minute ago, Duckpins said:

Can't agree.  Tomlin made a few dumb calls but Freddie made a few good calls. He is in the wrong play with the wrong part.  Baker wants to make the big play so takes sacks because he does not care about winning. He just wants to be a star.  This team needs to reboot again.  Switch to Mac and get rid of the windows machines!  After the turn over passing 3 times was just dumb.  This is not Aaron Rodgers.  Hunt has the most juice of any of the players, the rest look like they are just playing for the next contract.  

I disagree Mayfield wants to win very badly but also likes to make big bucks making stupid commercials.

This team was 7-8-1 last year with some tough close games and fewer tools. He wants to win.