THE BROWNS BOARD

Kitchens wearing “Pittsburgh Started It" shirt”

jcam222

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If any Steeler needed the shirt to get up for this game, then they need to find another profession.

Are you saying the phenomenon of  " bulletin board material " doesn't exist ? It does. Athletes can be inspired to greater levels of aggression and motivation by various reasons and sht talk is one of them.

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steelers-glad-coach-never-anything-234640057.html

Steelers thought it was “stupid” of Freddie Kitchens to wear T-shirt

The bad blood between the Steelers and Browns existed even before their Week 11 extracurricular activities. But after Freddie Kitchens publicly sported a “Pittsburgh Started It” T-shirt last week, there may be no going back on the bitterness of the rivalry.

“I know that our coach never would have done anything like that,” Steelers left guard Ramon Foster said, via Brooke Pryor of ESPN. “Why throw gas? When you do something like that, you throw your players in harm’s way. He’s not on the field. You throw your players in harm’s way when you do stuff like that with a vengeance. And I hate that for them.”

Foster added he’s “glad coach T doesn’t do anything like that,” referring to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

Kitchens downplayed wearing a “Pittsburgh Started It” shirt while out to see “It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” for his birthday Friday night.

The Steelers, though, saw it something as other than “just a T-shirt,” as Kitchens seemed to imply.

“I thought it was pretty stupid,” Steelers offensive lineman David DeCastro said. “That’s a lot of bulletin-board material. I don’t know why you do that as a coach. I just don’t get that. Of course it’s going to motivate us. What are you thinking? It’s just not smart.”

On Sunday night, after the Steelers’ 20-13 victory, Pittsburgh Clothing Co. printed a T-shirt that read "and Pittsburgh finished it,” Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 The Fan reports.

And coach T would never do anything like step onto the field of play in front of a Raven player running down the sideline. 

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Winning cures all. Had the Brownies walked in and handled business, you'd have MF's lauding Freddie in the streets how he's "one of us".    

We didn't win... So this is the backlash.

Some of us can (and did) actually be objective and call this out before the game as a bad look. 

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Some of us can (and did) actually be objective and call this out before the game as a bad look. 

And that's perfectly fine. Lord knows I even agree.  But it is a point that becomes only more incendiary based on a win or loss.

Win and it quietly goes away.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

"Pittsburgh started it"...is a whiny crybaby statement to make in the first place. Not a shirt I would ever want. For Kitchens to wear it in public was dumb and made even worse when the Browns go on to lose to the Steelers who then get the last laugh by "finishing it" as well.

Exactly. I expressed that same sentiment a couple of times.

The shortest lifespan of a T shirt in the history of mankind.. Never to be worn again.

• Upvote 1

Pittsburgh media all over the shirt this morning...they are rubbing one out to how they rose up and beat a talented team...they are slobbing the tomlin knob with talk of coach of the year...how he is able to keep winning with scraps of a team.

Freddie must go back to the farm.

14 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Pittsburgh media all over the shirt this morning...they are rubbing one out to how they rose up and beat a talented team...they are slobbing the tomlin knob with talk of coach of the year...how he is able to keep winning with scraps of a team.

Freddie must go back to the farm.

🤔

On 11/30/2019 at 2:45 PM, Kvoethe said:

Yeah...who wants to have a laugh about a game?  He should be fined and suspended for having a sense of humor

On 11/30/2019 at 4:42 PM, Kvoethe said:

All I can hear you saying is..."get off my lawn"  relax fuddy duddy...get with the times 😜

Well, it looks like you got your laugh about the game. Too bad it's coming from the Steelers and it's at our expense.

temp3.thumb.jpg.b27d19f9639f7b3dc13f9cb69d37061a.jpg

3 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

🤔

Well, it looks like you got your laugh about the game. Too bad it's coming from the Steelers and it's at our expense.

temp3.thumb.jpg.b27d19f9639f7b3dc13f9cb69d37061a.jpg

You have achieved quotes out of context...and I have a stalker...wooo!!

On 12/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, Furious Styles said:

Are you saying the phenomenon of  " bulletin board material " doesn't exist ? It does. Athletes can be inspired to greater levels of aggression and motivation by various reasons and sht talk is one of them.

Not at all...

What I am saying is that in light of the actual events at the end of a game just over two weeks ago the shirt was inconsequential.

Judgement is necessary in competition to bring out the best in others.  We have two buffoons in critical positions.  Baker has yet to show he has Championship brains and Fat Freddie is a classic case of Murphy's Law.  Who would you want Baker or Bernie, Otto, etc..  He may grade out to be the worst of the big five chosen in the 1st round.  He is already behind hopelessly Lamar, etc..

On 12/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, Duckpins said:

Judgement is necessary in competition to bring out the best in others.  We have two buffoons in critical positions.  Baker has yet to show he has Championship brains and Fat Freddie is a classic case of Murphy's Law.  Who would you want Baker or Bernie, Otto, etc..  He may grade out to be the worst of the big five chosen in the 1st round.  He is already behind hopelessly Lamar, etc..

And he also may not...

I'll take Baker... if for no other reason than your other choices range from old to dead. But I don't have to go that far... take a minute and picture a young Bernie behind our current OL.