THE BROWNS BOARD

Looking back - Josh Allen vs Josh Rosen

calfoxwc

It did take Josh Allen, my favorite qb out of that draft, some time to develop. This year, he really does look like the real deal.

Happened to turn to a Bills fan when the Browns played them at home, at the game with Canton Mike, and asked him about Allen. He said he was a hero to fans, but sometimes, he threw a long ball and they'd lament his lack of accuracy, but he had improved this year.

Looking back, at the qb's out of that draft:

I LOVE that we drafted Baker Mayfield. And Thank God we didn't draft Darnold or Jackson (although the latter's incredible scrambling is working for them).

Then, there's ...oh wait. Did I mention that Josh Allen, the Bill's qb ...is doing pretty great - they've won 9 games, the last two being ...

they beat Denver 20-3, and beat Dallas today, 26-15. They will have a tough time - they play the ratbuzzards next, then the steelers, then the patriots....Josh Allen looks like the real deal.

THEN... there's Josh Rosen, who I absolutely had NO USE FOR at all. A lot of guys bashed Allen as garbage, and raised Josh Rosen as their CHOSEN. "best pocket passer - next great NFL qb" yada yada bullhockey.

Truth is, the Cardinals had had quite enough with Rosen's serious weaknesses, that didn't have to do with "pocket passer".

I made it no secret way too often, that Rosen was not the qb that was going to be a star, because of the all too often WRONGO idea that "best pocket passer" meant Josh Allen was crap.

I picked Josh Allen.

So, about Josh "hosin" Rosen. No leadership, didn't really love the game, all handed to him, a rich self-absorbed PUNK.

The Cardinals dumped his worthless arse, trading him to the dolphins, right after selecting Kyler Murray, for a second round pick. and who is now starting for Miami? The old guy - Ryan Fitzpatrick. Who was drafted in the seventh round. So, to those who were upset and insisted that Rosen being a "Tom Brady" ...and Josh Allen being "garbage". Guess who got it right. Rosen displays profound suckage to this very day.

Why, want to know who the draftek mock draft has ...for Miami's pick in 2020?

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp

Justin Herbert
Oregon
QB
        They apparently have seen enough of punk Rosen as well.
Say, Did I mention that Josh Allen has the Bills looking good, with nine games won already?
Oh, ok.
    Furthermore, an interesting read:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/11/21/arizona-cardinals-comparing-kyler-murray-josh-rosen/40652003/

"The eye test will tell you Murray is having a superior season than Rosen did last year. Just how much better?

Murray has 393 passing attempts this season through 11 games. Rosen had 393 passing attempts all last season, in 14 games and 13 starts."

"So, how much better has Murray been?

• He has completed 37 more passes than Rosen did (254 to 217).
  • Naturally, his completion percentage is better (64.6 to 55.2).
  • He has 425 more passing yards (2,703 to 2,278).
  • He has more touchdown passes (14 to 11).
  • He has far fewer interceptions (5 to Rosen's 14).
  • He has a much higher yards per attempt (6.9 to 5.8).
  • His passer rating is more than 24 points higher (91.2 to 66.7).

That doesn't even factor in the running ability. Rosen had 138 rushing yards. Murray has 418 so far and has scored three touchdowns on the ground."

OK, Allen is playing decent, and Rosen is riding the bench. And I sure didn't want Rosen either. The Bills are winning on the strength of their defense. 

I would dearly love to see the National Media piling on the Cowboys and Jerrah after that pathetic showing Thanksgiving evening...  

• Upvote 2

The real reason calfox hated Josh Rosen is because Rosen made his hatred of calfox's orange god Trump well-known. 

If you read cal's idiotic ramblings on the Political Board, you'll understand. 

I'm thankful the Browns didn't take Rosen or Allen. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, Allen is playing decent, and Rosen is riding the bench. And I sure didn't want Rosen either. The Bills are winning on the strength of their defense. 

I would dearly love to see the National Media piling on the Cowboys and Jerrah after that pathetic showing Thanksgiving evening...  

https://www.theblaze.com/buffalo-bills-real-americas-team

Why everyone should root for the Buffalo Bills this Thanksgiving, the real ‘America’s Team’

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Allen likely benefitted from sticking with the same team for his less than 2 year career so far. I have no clue what the plan for Rosen is, if any. 

I can’t get too fired up comparing non-Browns QBs so l’ll let those who do carry on with this debate. 

Multiple coaches, offenses, systems....sure fire way to screw up a QB. We outta know! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Multiple coaches, offenses, systems....sure fire way to screw up a QB. We outta know! 

We designed, perfected and patented that approach. 

• Haha 3

I'm happy for Josh Allen.  He looked good against Dallas.  He's a passionate player.  I enjoyed watching him (even though I wanted a loss for Buffalo).

....and I'm happy for those Whacked-Out Bills fans.  :wacko:

Allen? First... have to laugh at any criticism for Jackson's "Scrambling" in a setup to lauding a big QB who is still known more for his running. As for his passing... I do have to admit the Allen is now able to hit the broad side of a barn on occasion, but he still lacks touch. He arrived in BUF to find the remnants of a Top 5 D and the Bills added Offensive piece after piece. And then there's the above mentioned "stability".

Always risky to put a team record up as an example of a QB's talent. Besides the supporting cast mentioned above there's a little matter of something I like to call "the opposition". Season to date in the Bills' 9-3 record are victories over exactly 2 teams with a winning record... two (DAL 6-5 at the time and TN 6-5)... offset by losses to 2 teams with losing records... two (us and PHI). The other 7 wins came against: NYJ, NYG, CIN, MIA, WSH, MIA and DNV.

That's looking back...

Here's looking ahead... next three games: BLT, @ PTG, @ NE.

Bottom line: Allen has developed some competency at the NFL level and may develop further, but he isn't franchise grade yet.

Rosen? Two words... Cardinals and Dolphins... the NFL equivalent of the frying pan and the fire.

Looked for any expressions of negative sentiment upon his trade from AZ and found this:

Mark Dalton @CardsMarkD Thank you & best of luck in Miami to @josh3rosen. So much respect for the professionalism, character & toughness he demonstrated throughout his time here.

What an asshole... lol...

Bottom Line: Rosen is essentially still in the NFL starting gate, but the promise he showed at UCLA is still there and in year 2 of a potential 5-year contract, he's still cheap enough to see other, and hopefully better, opportunities.

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Allen? First... have to laugh at any criticism for Jackson's "Scrambling" in a setup to lauding a big QB who is still known more for his running. As for his passing... I do have to admit the Allen is now able to hit the broad side of a barn on occasion, but he still lacks touch. He arrived in BUF to find the remnants of a Top 5 D and the Bills added Offensive piece after piece. And then there's the above mentioned "stability".

Always risky to put a team record up as an example of a QB's talent. Besides the supporting cast mentioned above there's a little matter of something I like to call "the opposition". Season to date in the Bills' 9-3 record are victories over exactly 2 teams with a winning record... two (DAL 6-5 at the time and TN 6-5)... offset by losses to 2 teams with losing records... two (us and PHI). The other 7 wins came against: NYJ, NYG, CIN, MIA, WSH, MIA and DNV.

That's looking back...

Here's looking ahead... next three games: BLT, @ PTG, @ NE.

Rosen? Two words... Cardinals and Dolphins... the NFL equivalent of the frying pan and the fire.

Looked for any expressions of negative sentiment upon his trade from AZ and found this:

Mark Dalton @CardsMarkD Thank you & best of luck in Miami to @josh3rosen. So much respect for the professionalism, character & toughness he demonstrated throughout his time here.

But they can go 1-3 the rest of the way out and still make the playoffs.  Talk about a favorable schedule so far. Just beating the Steelers and Jets (both doable) and they're in.  FWIW Tour I had no character issues with Rosen- but I did question his durability. Of course it's hard to get hurt if you're not playing..... 

Good for you! You thought a QB was good and he very well may be good at the NFL level.

This thread is premature for your purpose of trying to be “right” and trying to rub it in. It’s only year 2. Younger physically gifted QBs tend to have success early as they can rely on their feet/body.

Oh yea and I saw that you quoted me and deleted your post on the “happy thanksgiving” thread, where I said:

”Josh Allen looks to be the real deal. The Bills may have the AFC east division in years to come.“

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It did take Josh Allen, my favorite qb out of that draft, some time to develop. This year, he really does look like the real deal.

Happened to turn to a Bills fan when the Browns played them at home, at the game with Canton Mike, and asked him about Allen. He said he was a hero to fans, but sometimes, he threw a long ball and they'd lament his lack of accuracy, but he had improved this year.

Looking back, at the qb's out of that draft:

I LOVE that we drafted Baker Mayfield. And Thank God we didn't draft Darnold or Jackson (although the latter's incredible scrambling is working for them).

Then, there's ...oh wait. Did I mention that Josh Allen, the Bill's qb ...is doing pretty great - they've won 9 games, the last two being ...

they beat Denver 20-3, and beat Dallas today, 26-15. They will have a tough time - they play the ratbuzzards next, then the steelers, then the patriots....Josh Allen looks like the real deal.

THEN... there's Josh Rosen, who I absolutely had NO USE FOR at all. A lot of guys bashed Allen as garbage, and raised Josh Rosen as their CHOSEN. "best pocket passer - next great NFL qb" yada yada bullhockey.

Truth is, the Cardinals had had quite enough with Rosen's serious weaknesses, that didn't have to do with "pocket passer".

I made it no secret way too often, that Rosen was not the qb that was going to be a star, because of the all too often WRONGO idea that "best pocket passer" meant Josh Allen was crap.

I picked Josh Allen.

So, about Josh "hosin" Rosen. No leadership, didn't really love the game, all handed to him, a rich self-absorbed PUNK.

The Cardinals dumped his worthless arse, trading him to the dolphins, right after selecting Kyler Murray, for a second round pick. and who is now starting for Miami? The old guy - Ryan Fitzpatrick. Who was drafted in the seventh round. So, to those who were upset and insisted that Rosen being a "Tom Brady" ...and Josh Allen being "garbage". Guess who got it right. Rosen displays profound suckage to this very day.

Why, want to know who the draftek mock draft has ...for Miami's pick in 2020?

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp

Justin Herbert
Oregon
QB
        They apparently have seen enough of punk Rosen as well.
Say, Did I mention that Josh Allen has the Bills looking good, with nine games won already?
Oh, ok.
    Furthermore, an interesting read:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/11/21/arizona-cardinals-comparing-kyler-murray-josh-rosen/40652003/

"The eye test will tell you Murray is having a superior season than Rosen did last year. Just how much better?

Murray has 393 passing attempts this season through 11 games. Rosen had 393 passing attempts all last season, in 14 games and 13 starts."

"So, how much better has Murray been?

• He has completed 37 more passes than Rosen did (254 to 217).
  • Naturally, his completion percentage is better (64.6 to 55.2).
  • He has 425 more passing yards (2,703 to 2,278).
  • He has more touchdown passes (14 to 11).
  • He has far fewer interceptions (5 to Rosen's 14).
  • He has a much higher yards per attempt (6.9 to 5.8).
  • His passer rating is more than 24 points higher (91.2 to 66.7).

That doesn't even factor in the running ability. Rosen had 138 rushing yards. Murray has 418 so far and has scored three touchdowns on the ground."

I believe I said Rosen was overrated from day one, and that people I knew who had friends that were professors even said the kid was entitled and rude. Then after all of the rumors that even his teammates said he was an asshole, and his statement about possibly not playing football.

He's been handed everything his whole life, even more so than Johnny Football, I knew he wouldn't succeed at this level.

D'arnold doesn't have the heart. I was unsure about Lamar at first, but my god he looks amazing this year. Can he keep it up? Time will tell. Hopefully he isn't RG3 2.0

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I believe I said Rosen was overrated from day one, and that people I knew who had friends that were professors even said the kid was entitled and rude. Then after all of the rumors that even his teammates said he was an asshole, and his statement about possibly not playing football.

He's been handed everything his whole life, even more so than Johnny Football, I knew he wouldn't succeed at this level.

D'arnold doesn't have the heart. I was unsure about Lamar at first, but my god he looks amazing this year. Can he keep it up? Time will tell. Hopefully he isn't RG3 2.0

Even if he busts out, as a first round pick Rosen has a nice retirement fund. Collected at least $11 million+ so far. 

Regarding Lamar, the Browns had better hope he's another RG III, at least on the field- don't wish injury on anyone. 

3 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Good for you! You thought a QB was good and he very well may be good at the NFL level.

This thread is premature for your purpose of trying to be “right” and trying to rub it in. It’s only year 2. Younger physically gifted QBs tend to have success early as they can rely on their feet/body.

Oh yea and I saw that you quoted me and deleted your post on the “happy thanksgiving” thread, where I said:

”Josh Allen looks to be the real deal. The Bills may have the AFC east division in years to come.“

Gee, thanks. lol It IS premature over the long haul, it's more that some people like Tiam can't stand being disagreed with and go ego whacko over it. I had to leave soon, was in that thread, and decided not to screw it up from Thanksgiving to this comparison.

It's also true, over time, that Rosen could develop the character/leadership/etc ...but that is a lot harder to do, if at all, than trying to get your mechanics right and be accurate. Not that I know that, but I'm just guessin.

and, it's also true that the Arizona and Miami offensive lines suck - with Miami's worse, ratings this year courtesy of

Fooball Outsiders.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

It just came to me from watching Rosen struggle., and how he struggled, vs Jose Allen struggle last year, and Allen's progress this year. If you made a list of great quarterbacks over the years, I think the common denominator was love for the game, and strong leadership and a ton of heart. Without that, skinny Johnny Unitas would not have made it to fame. on and on. Bradshaw (hate to admit it lol), Sipe, Kosar, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and yes, Baker Mayfield. Willing to lay in on the line, 100% - so many players over the years have failed, not because they lacked physical ability, but they lacked heart, love for the game, leadership that inspires others to rally together as a team. That's all. There were others on the board who were right about the Allen-Rosen debate back then.

Just interesting.

Sound familiar? Mayfield?

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/johnny-unitas/

Unitas, 6'1", 194.

(Louisville)...6'1'', 194...John Constantine Unitas ... Cut by 1955 Steelers, free agent with 1956 Colts, soon became legendary hero ... Exceptional field leader, thrived on pressure ... Led Colts to 1958, 1959 NFL crowns, Super Bowl V victory ... All-NFL six seasons, Player of Year three times ... MVP three times in 10 Pro Bowls ... Completed 2,830 passes for 40,239 yards, 290 TDs ...Threw at least one TD pass in 47 straight games ... Had 26 games over 300 yards passing ... Born May 7, 1933, in Pittsburgh,

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Did I mention that Allen has fumbled the ball 12 times this season?

oh, darn. I forgot to post that. LOL The old saying goes .... "the guy who never makes mistakes is the guy who never tries to do something hard enough"

On 11/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, Tour2ma said:

Always risky to put a team record up as an example of a QB's talent. Besides the supporting cast

Bottom Line: Rosen is essentially still in the NFL starting gate, but the promise he showed at UCLA is still there and in year 2 of a potential 5-year contract, he's still cheap enough to see other, and hopefully better, opportunities.

While you make a lot of good points Tour - Miami probably still wanted to see him move the team (and escalate the play around him) better than Ryan Fitzpatrick. That shouldn't have been as impossible as it was if this guy is who we thought he was.

Baker was the only QB drafted by an 0-16 football team.  The reason he became a fan fave is because he elevated the play of those around him as immediately as the first time he stepped on the field with a 14-0 deficit. FWIW, Cleveland was also winless (0-1-1) at that point in 2018 when he took his first snap with a 14-0 deficit he later erased vrs the Jets. He didn't need the "I was drafted by a bad team" excuse. In the process, we even found ourselves saying he was making the OL look better. Meanwhile, Arizona's current QB has them feeling like they can compete with anyone.  They're not the Bingo FREE Space they were last year; and their rookie QB is a big reason for that IMO. 

Keep in mind, a lot of Pac 12 QB Stars/1st round picks like Matt Leinart, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Mark Sanchez, Joey Harrington, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota, Ryan Leaf and Todd Marijuanavich disappointed at the NFL level in spite of all their promise.  The 3 guys that had the most success are Aaron Rodgers (a JUCO transfer), Carson Palmer and Andrew Luck (who's already retired).  I can't even add Alex Smith to the conference because his college team was in the Mountain West back when he played for Urban Meyer's & Joe Pesci's Utah Utes...

I remembered posting I'd much rather have Rosen than Allen if we didn't draft Mayfield or Darnold Duck.  I have to admit Allen looks more like a keeper than Rosen at this point in time.  One guy looks like his best football is in the rear view mirror and the other looks like he continues to get better in a league where the window of opportunity slams shut quickly.  And it isn't like Buffalo spoiled Allen with all kinds of talent on the perimeter or at TE.  The most notable WR they have is John Brown (who is on his 3rd NFL team in the last 3-4 years).  All that said, he helps move the sticks with his arm and feet; and it's a big reason they're 9-3 without many big football names in the play making dept. I don't get the same vibe I got when the Bears once went something like 10-3 with Kyle Orton game managing them in the absence of Rex Grossman.  I'm more impressed with what Allen puts on film as a Pro QB than I was with what he put on film in college.  He also hasn't disappointed me when I've counted on him in fantasy football for whatever that's worth.

And YES - I'd be sleeping under bridges if I had to count on my pre-draft QB predictions for a living...

• Upvote 1

Baker also played well in preseason and training camp as a rookie. All the reports were saying “Baker is flooring it” and he probably knew he should’ve been starting over Tyrod. I’m grateful how they let him come in naturally after Tyrod was hurt, though. 

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Gee, thanks. lol It IS premature over the long haul, it's more that some people like Tiam can't stand being disagreed with and go ego whacko over it.

It's also true, over time, that Rosen could develop the character/leadership/etc ...

Sound familiar? Mayfield?

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/johnny-unitas/

Unitas, 6'1",

Well you gotta realize, that tia isn’t the only Browns fan with an opinion..  Personally, I liked Rosen’s arm, deep ball, and accuracy. He has also displayed a great throw on the run skills with Miami.

It’s tough to tell what kind of leadership Rosen possesses, imo, going from one 1st overall pick contender to another. If anything, this is the period is where he will build character😅

59 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Baker also played well in preseason and training camp as a rookie. All the reports were saying “Baker is flooring it” and he probably knew he should’ve been starting over Tyrod. I’m grateful how they let him come in naturally after Tyrod was hurt, though. 

Well you gotta realize, that tia isn’t the only Browns fan with an opinion..  Personally, I liked Rosen’s arm, deep ball, and accuracy. He has also displayed a great throw on the run skills with Miami.

It’s tough to tell what kind of leadership Rosen possesses, imo, going from one 1st overall pick contender to another. If anything, this is the period is where he will build character😅

From my goofy perspective - it is possible to accrue leadership skills. I remember back in the AF, at Biloxi. Each floor had an appointed student leader, a yellow rope, that marched us to school and back. Except this guy... from a military family and military school, decided that he was Sgt. Carter on the old Gomer Pyle show. None of us respected that - he was so bent on acting like a TI back in basic, when he was only one of us. It wasn't good for him - we were respecting him less and less and he was getting po'd more and more.

One day, some things happened, he crashed and went to our squadron leader, also appointed, also from a military family, to complain about not being respected...and why other student leaders were, etc etc.

(we used to annoy him on purpose... lol). "L", our entire squadron leader and one of my best friends, the red rope, told him respect is earned, and leadership is setting an example for others to follow, act like who you would want to follow. He changed pretty much everything about himself, humbled. And he really did earn our respect.

Rosen is no dummy -  He may very well grow into it. He just has a long way to go, I think.

• Upvote 1

Great insight^
Fitzpatrick is not a bad guy for Rosen to sit back and watch lead a subpar team. The dude is well liked and respected on the Dolphins. Seems like a smart play to let Rosen watch. Rosen will also need a really good O-Line like most pocket style passers, however, he can really spin it on the run.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:37 PM, hoorta said:

Even if he busts out, as a first round pick Rosen has a nice retirement fund. Collected at least $11 million+ so far. 

Regarding Lamar, the Browns had better hope he's another RG III, at least on the field- don't wish injury on anyone. 

I'm not wanting him to face injury.. I just want him to flame out.. I want him to get fat , happy and resting on his laurels.... Defenses have to quit playing into his hands like the Clams did... And quit being mentally scared of him...

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I reckon you do, Gip - you opened the thread, read it down through, and the title was right on the money as to the content.

The question is why do you care about Rosen and Allen. They don’t play  for the  Browns they play for some other goddamn team so fuck them both of them

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The question is why do you care about Rosen and Allen. They don’t play  for the  Browns they play for some other goddamn team so fuck them both of them

you mad, bro? Because YOU were the guy who was high on...MASON RUDOLPH ??? I brought it up because we played vs the Bills, I was there, then we played Miami, where Rosen is... did I mention his original team dumped him for a second round pick? Oh, yeah. I did. OTH, I was concerned about Baker's immaturity and height a bit - but Canton Mike wouldn't buy into it. And I was wrong.

Anyways, I was watching the survival show "Running with Bear Grillis" sp? and he had Drew Brees on. It was a great time - Brees and Bear talked about themselves - and Brees was outstanding - he seemed so much like Baker Mayfield - leadership, absolutely thrives on challenges, fierce courage...etc etc etc, height, and I thought back to the leadership question. I mean, Bear takes famous supermodels or actors or whoever else. He took Shaq on one, Deion Sanders, etc. And every one of them were way outside their comfort zones... the latter two were really out... and every time - famous people you'd think would never do stuff...they follow Bear rappelling up and down cliffs, through jungles or desert.... that confidence and leadership, etc, that helps some folks achieve great things got them through in flying colors. I believe Mayfield would do it, I thought that the second time I watched the recorded version of Brees' being on the show. Allen has that. Sipe and Kosar certainly did. I believe Allen does - we just saw him and the Bills won again... then, by logical comparison...there is Rosen. And Allen came up to mind, because over two weeks around Thanksgiving, the Bills beat both Denver and Dallas.

So, I hope everybody had a GREAT THANKSGIVING - we did, and our big turkey dinner is today, when the Browns win over the dirty squealers.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, Tour2ma said:

the problem with this argument is that when the Dolphins made the switch to Fitz(a crappy veteran journeyman by all accounts) it was clear he was a major upgrade over Rosen.  That's why fins fans were ticked, because they were hoping to continue losing every game and going from the disaster Rosen was to more marginally capable qb play hurt those chances.  If a marginally capable crappy journeyman vet comes in and is CLEARLY the superior option, what the hell does that say about Rosen?

Has Rosen been put in dumpster fire type situations at both places?  Sure, but he also looks like he sucks.  At least that seems to be the consensus. 

If the Dolphins were to move on from Rosen after this year, they would get almost nothing for him.  Like 5th round pick type value.  Which speaks to how everyone in the nfl views him now.  There is nothing that says a qb can't be thrown into poor situations and also suck.  That very much appears to be the case with Mr Rosen.

And I don't know jack about college to nfl qb evaluations and liked rosen coming out of UCLA too, but I can admit he's looked pretty poor.

And I'm not sure why you bring up character issues in defending Rosen.  That was some(admittedly BS) whispers 2 years ago.  Now nobody cares about that in the least and the issue has nothing to do with that. 

this is a bizarre comparison now. 

I'm NOT an Allen fan, but he has a starting job in the nfl now and is supposedly improving.  Is he good?  Well I don't think so....but he's on a completely different level than Rosen who cannot

get on the field for one of the worst teams in the nfl who has nothing to lose by playing a young qb they basically took a flyer in. 

So at this point the book is very much open on Allen,  but nobody is comparing Josh Rosen to him at this point in a serious way. 

If you had to rate their level of NFL success/performance to this point you would have to give Allen about a 4 I guess and Rosen a 0.