THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Starting Lineman in Concussion Protocol

Vambo

crap. on a WEDNESDAY? With Justin Mccray's injury history....

we don't have a third string backup.

Joe Thomas - is on line one.....

actually, I don't think it will be Mccray - didn't he give up 5 sacks in his earlier start???

Paging Kendall Lamm.  Who has played at LT before. That is who I'd start at LT.

He's backing up Hubbard on the depth chart... or...Drew Forbes, who can also play LT - at least he did in college....

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/players-roster/drew-forbes/

At a Glance:

Helped Southeast Missouri to the school’s second playoff berth ... 2017 second team All-Ohio Valley Conference ... Recipient of Southeast Missouri State 2016 Goddard Award, which goes to the best offensive lineman.

College: Played in 46 games as a starting offensive lineman…Started in all 13 games as a senior…Helped block for an offense that averaged 177.3 rushing yards, 231.5 passing yards, 408.8 yards of total offense and 37.1 points per game…2018 team captain…2017 second team All-Ohio Valley Conference…Started in 11 games at left tackle and led an offensive line that only allowed 14 sacks, third fewest in the OVC as a junior…2017 Southeast Scholar Athlete…Played and started in 11 games at left tackle in 2016…Recipient of the team’s 2016 Goddard Award, an award that goes to the best offensive lineman each year…2016 Southeast Scholar Athlete…Participated in all 11 games as a freshman in 2015…Earned a degree in Corporate Communication

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/players-roster/kendall-lamm/

Seasonal Reviews

2018: Tied a career high with 15 games played and started a career-high 13 times at RT…Contributed as an extra offensive lineman and on special teams, as well.

2017: Played in 10 games with four starts…Contributed as an extra offensive lineman and on special teams.

2016: Played snaps at LT and RT…Saw action in the AFC Wild Card and Divisional rounds…Played in 15 games with three starts…Contributed on special teams.

2015: Played in 15 games with four starts as a rookie…(9/20) at Car.: Made NFL debut at RT…(10/8) vs. Ind.: Made first start of his career and recorded his first career fumble recovery…(12/6) at Buf.: Caught first career pass for seven yards.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing what Forbes can do. Unless he doesn’t do well. 

You could say that for every injury in the team, lol. 

Who knows, maybe he doesn't have a concussion, maybe just a headache and he'll be good to go on Sunday. We need him.

Pure wild unproven and reckless (I like it orion) speculation here.  I was shocked devaroe Lawrence was released. I immediately thought it was a disciplinary thing because I thought he provided more than enough to be on the 53. Now the day after he is released Robinson is in concussion protocol. I wonder if there was an altercation/fight between Lawrence and Robinson that caused the concussion which led to Lawrence's release.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Pure speculation here.  I was shocked devaroe Lawrence was released. I immediately thought it was a disciplinary thing because I thought he provided more than enough to be on the 53. Now the day after Robinson is in concussion protocol. I wonder if there was an altercation between Lawrence and Robinson that cause the concussion and Lawrence's release.

Reckless Speculation !!!  

....makes more sense then my idea of him walking into a door while looking for a dropped quarter...

------

Our QB CANNOT get hurt out there.   We're only going as far as Baker goes.

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:22 PM, calfoxwc said:

I'll be looking for some "innovative" ? ways to keep Baker on his feet. Pro set formation....put Ogunjobi in the backfield to block. lol

The Steelers were frequently featuring an offensive line with an extra OL (using 6) in to block.  We've seen Hunt is a willing blocker- BTW.  Note to Freddie- use those 4 and 5 wide sets sparingly.... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robinson was a DNP again today.  It's not looking like he's going to play.

Baker doesn't play too well when he's concerned about his OL.  And with Robinson out and the Steeler DLine on the other side of the ball, he probably should be concerned.

I feel that we may need to have our defense win this game.  Although we're missing our 2 starting DE's, they're missing their QB, WR & most probably RB. - We cannot allow a repeat of the Denver game.

39 minutes ago, Orion said:

Robinson was a DNP again today.  It's not looking like he's going to play.

Baker doesn't play too well when he's concerned about his OL.  And with Robinson out and the Steeler DLine on the other side of the ball, he probably should be concerned.

I feel that we may need to have our defense win this game.  Although we're missing our 2 starting DE's, they're missing their QB, WR & most probably RB. - We cannot allow a repeat of the Denver game.

I think Robinson can play if he gets cleared by Sunday, he doesnt really need to practice.

If he doesn't go, maybe we'll finally see Kendall Lamm who would be an upgrade over McCrary.

Nojoku could be back too.

Not worried about Baker. Our defense should swallow them up.

Z

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I think Robinson can play if he gets cleared by Sunday, he doesnt really need to practice.

If he doesn't go, maybe we'll finally see Kendall Lamm who would be an upgrade over McCrary.

Z

Robinson SOUNDS like he might play. Appears that he took place in some physical aspects of practice, to some degree, and that's the last step before playing. 

As far as Njoku, there's something else going on there. If it was just wrist, I think he'd be back for sure. I heard he was in terrific shape, so not sure what it could be. Hopefully he's back. 

I read the Pittsburgh weather forecast, and it didn't look good. 100% chance of rain and that would be a big blow to us. Their defense is definitely better than ours, and we all know how the ball tends to find them. I hope it doesn't rain...it would be a real blow to us (I think). 

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

Dude....where are your picks?

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We’ve got the ultimate blitz buster-  Kareem Hunt you slip him right past the blitzing end and into the flat for big screen plays.  

Steelers may be overly aggressive if McCray is manning that spot 

Well said!  Even before McCray got here, if there's a guy on Pittsburgh that's hurt us the last few years it's been TJ Watts-hisname. In years past, we haven't been able to make them pay for being aggressive on the edges/via the blitz.  We now have the personnel to do so.

Njoku can distract coverage and extra attention to Hunt in terms of zones to exploit.  That'll also help Baker with the Evelyn Woodhead speed-read.  He suddenly has 2 talented prongs of attack in our pass game he didn't have most of the year.  Doesn't this help OBJ as well?

• Upvote 1