THE BROWNS BOARD

I hate the Ravens

crunchy

12 minutes ago, crunchy said:

Anybody watching the MNF game? Whole team talking trash, #24 won't shut up, he's yelling even after a false start like an idiot. I hope we smoke these douches again and shut them the hell up

We had a flamebaiting troll around who probably soured the whole Board on the Ravens. Just lose baby!!! 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

We had a flamebaiting troll around who probably soured the whole Board on the Ravens. Just lose baby!!! 

hate the ravens but unless jackson suffers a season ending injury, they are going to the superbowl.....they will beat the shit out of the pats again which would be the only thing that would make me happy....

51 minutes ago, browns52 said:

hate the ravens but unless jackson suffers a season ending injury, they are going to the superbowl.....they will beat the shit out of the pats again which would be the only thing that would make me happy....

I can’t imagine the Ravens or Steelers beating anyone and it making a Browns fan happy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hate... love whatever... the Ravens are the scariest team in the NFL right now.

And when you can whip a team as good as the Rams are supposed to be you can talk all you want...

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I can’t imagine the Ravens or Steelers beating anyone and it making a Browns fan happy.  

Except they both have yet to play the Bills.  After that ass whipping the Ravens put on the Rams, the Browns only path to the playoffs is as a wild card. 

It is supposed to be a passing league and the two best team 9ers and Ratbirds are killing it on the ground.  

re  Ravens: you need to see that offense twice to have a chance.  You need to scrap your normal blitz package.  Forget playing man coverage. You need a smart athletic spy.  It may even help to consult college coach or even hire one on the defensive end.  Not really a Pro offense. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

It is supposed to be a passing league and the two best team 9ers and Ratbirds are killing it on the ground.  

re  Ravens: you need to see that offense twice to have a chance.  You need to scrap your normal blitz package.  Forget playing man coverage. You need a smart athletic spy.  It may even help to consult college coach or even hire one on the defensive end.  Not really a Pro offense. 

Ya....I really don't get why teams aren't getting that.... the first time the Browns played them, Wilks showed every defense what to do.... Don't give him the big runs by over committing, limit what he gets when he does run and make him pass.  Every time he breaks something, the middle of the field is empty.... why would you leave a running QB an open field in front of him....  

The Ravens are really weird this year.  I watched most of the Pitt game that went into overtime and it was legit one of the worst NFL games I've ever seen.... The Seattle game where Seattle basically rolled over and the Bengals game they almost lost... Then they pull games like the Pats....

Billy B doesn't lose to him again.

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am convinced that someone in the ravens organization has made a deal with the devil because on an individual basis that team is not that overly talented. Yet as we can see they have been playing together tremendously so I figure someone has sold his soul.

Sold their soul? It was that Raven troll, I'll warrant. Acted possessed enough. Part of the Ratbird's secret is their o-line- with Yanda it's one of the best. Even if you do get penetration, Jackson is adept at scrambling. Defensive linemen trying to chase him look like they have lead in their cleats... No chance, Lamar is probably as fast as most cornerbacks.... If you remember when he was in the draft, some teams wanted to work him out and convert him to a wide receiver. 

35 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Ya....I really don't get why teams aren't getting that.... the first time the Browns played them, Wilks showed every defense what to do.... Don't give him the big runs by over committing, limit what he gets when he does run and make him pass.  Every time he breaks something, the middle of the field is empty.... why would you leave a running QB an open field in front of him....  

The Ravens are really weird this year.  I watched most of the Pitt game that went into overtime and it was legit one of the worst NFL games I've ever seen.... The Seattle game where Seattle basically rolled over and the Bengals game they almost lost... Then they pull games like the Pats....

Billy B doesn't lose to him again.

The problem there is Jackson's passing accuracy has improved logarithmicly....  Against the Rams 15\20. His season QBR is 106, and FYI, it's the same as Drew Brees'. Add in his rushing yards, and his totals from scrimmage are right up there with Russell Wilson and Tom Brady.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Except they both have yet to play the Bills.  After that ass whipping the Ravens put on the Rams, the Browns only path to the playoffs is as a wild card. 

The Browns could sweep the division and still lose it. I was prepared to say "only in Browns town" but after looking it up it happened only one time  before.

In 2010 the Raiders went 6-0 in their division, and 2-8 vs everyone else. The Chiefs won it.

They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hate... love whatever... the Ravens are the scariest team in the NFL right now.

And when you can whip a team as good as the Rams are supposed to be you can talk all you want...

Like it or not they are now the new media darlings whoopin' on everybody.

So i took a peek back at the 40-25 win at Ravens 🤔... Yes!! Lamar does require some Micheal Jordan Rules that the Motor City Bad Boyz semi* mastered..

1) This will sound odd? But hope this next game stays at 1PM.. Even at Louisville Lamar's passing eye depth just seems better at night than during daylight hours..IDK why & am not a doctor, but keep this Cat away from primetime under the lights hours.. 

2) Lamar 66 rushing..Ingram 77 rushing..They rushed total 173 yards 

3) Remember the Birds dropped a ton of footballs. Was TE Andrews worse game. WR M. Brown not great either. Lamar only missed on 10 passes, 24 of 34 for 247 & 3 Td's..Also tossed up 2 rather large Picks.. and was Sacked 4 times & yes -2 yards goes in the books as a sack

4) We played with a 7-0 lead 1st qt. up to 10-7 at the half. That Moe, built to scoring 30 points in the 2nd half..

5) Don't count on C Matt Skura returning this season..that leg looked ugly :(..losing starting Centers matter  

6) I got no idea what Wade Phillips was dialing up on D.. Weddle looks slower & adding Ramsey just seems to have added more confusion on backend failing to cover anybody 

7) Lamar rules has to include contain, stay in your lane & don't miss tackles, by simply taking good angles..and Dear Lord, squeeze wrap this guy till maybe some help arrives (we did a lot of this)

😎 Finally, Here's who Tackled Lamar from Top down to 2 tackles.. Schobert/Whitehead/Carrie/Wilson/Richardson/Ogun/Murray/Mitchell/Randall.... anybody see a pattern here? winning assignments & winning matchups matter too.. Wilks has got this!!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey Gumby nice wrap-up.......but you must have entirely too much spare time on your hands. :lol:

thanks, take over, am now officially late for Work...AGAIN!! 🚴‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Lamar is going to be THAT accurate, there's not much you can do.  One of the reasons we beat them is because he JUST missed two very important throws, and they had a mix up on a critical 4th down.  They're an EXTREMELY good team, and they're red hot.

But I hate them, and I'd absolutely LOVE to beat their asses again!

2 hours ago, lodilobo said:

They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

8 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season. 

You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?

Or is he young and that really that good?  The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?

Or is he young and that really that good?  The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.

My POV is teams  had almost  a year's worth of  tape  on Jackson,  and he's  improved  dramatically.  The same could be said  about teams having tape on Baker, but it's taken  him until the  last  four  games  or so to get out of the sophomore slump.  Let's just hope  for the Browns  sake Mayfield's uptick in  performance  isn't a  mirage.  :)

The rams didn't match up well with the ratbuzzards, and that is a huge understatement. The ratbuzzard oline totally dominated the rams. That is their big advantage.Actually, their defense totally dominated the rams, too. It was pitiful.

Except when they played our Browns. Browns 40, rats 25 was it? We matched up with them on defense vs their offense.

A lot of it is matchups, especially the big guys upfront. We have those on defense, and the Browns offensive line...on a really good day..

can sweep the bengals, squealers and rats this season !

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league..  We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...

21 minutes ago, nickers said:

It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league..  We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...

No doubt, the Ratbirds are playing with fire. It's only a matter of time that Jackson will get injured. 

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

thanks, take over, am now officially late for Work...AGAIN!! 🚴‍♂️

Next time just write, "We match up well," and be on time...

Agree on the loss of the Center, but lordy... what a pair of OGs to bracket a sub.

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yup... and it's the improvement in his reads that concern me. Sitting in a zone was the key early, but now he's throwing with more anticipation.

Just means it's going to be harder this next time.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

Yup....  Sustainable? Remains to be seen.... Looks suspiciously like a college offense.... 

36 minutes ago, nickers said:

The problem as I've said is- Jackson is unlike any QB that's come into the league since Michael Vick.  IMHO- he doesn't have Vick's cannon arm, but he's a far better runner (and to my eye) more durable in that regard than Vick ever was. A truly unique talent the likes we've never seen before. There's not a QB in the upcoming couple of drafts that are close to Lamar's total skill set- so don't sweat the "copycat" thing. Just take a look at the top QBs- the closest comparison may be Russell Wilson, and he's around 500 rushing yards short of LJ.  LOL that Tom Brady is a star runner.  Um, NOT. 

I think for the time being we should put to rest Lamar is gonna follow the Cam Newton "he's gonna get hurt soon" mantra to rest. That's the rest of the opposition wishin' and a hopin". FWIW, Kyler Murray is probably second to Jackson in the QB rushing department at 400+ yards. When he was drafted, the consensus around here was he was going to get squashed like a bug. Well,, we're still waiting for that to happen.  

FWIW, Jackson is easily going to shatter Vick's QB single season rushing record of 1.039 yards, he only needs to average 37 a game to do so. The career rushing record is 6,100.  Just gotta put my current hatred of the Ravens aside for a minute- (fueled by a particularly obnoxious Baltimore troll) and look at things objectively...  

As much as I hate the Ravens (I wanted to stab my eyeballs yesterday, so much for rough part of their schedule), their current success is based on a stable organization with a winning philosophy. Heck a GM walking out the door drafts to win. What's the best offensive piece for a QB who can't throw well? A TE who if I recall was drafted higher than said QB. Coach obviously buys in (remember Ozzie Newsome is no longer there) and hires an OC that can design an offense around LJ's strengths and weaknesses. Jackson's weakness are identified and he works hard to correct them in the offseason.

That's how you get winning football from average talent and punch above your weight because on paper the Browns are more talented than the Ravens.

• Upvote 1