THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Steeler Week

Icecube

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Wait a minute, speaking of a horrible opponent....the Fins are 2-9 and managed to put up 24 points on the Browns' D. 24? The Fins? 29th in offense, and avg. scoring 13 ppg. Cinci actually scores more points than Miami. Cinci lost to Seattle by 1, Balt. by 6, AZ by 3, Raiders by 7. It's not like they get blown out every game. And part of the reason they were even in the game was when Mason "I'm-an-entitled-preppy-boy" was in the game to begin with. Once Duck was under center, it all changed. 

Look, Pitt is still missing mad loads of players - they finally got their 3rd-string RB back, not the starter. Browns should handle them easily, my only point was Duck offers more of a challenge than the spoiled baby, who isn't even good enough to play backup in this league. He might make a roster if a team carries 3 QBs...maybe. 

And also, Pitt is a top 10 D, Browns are in the middle of the pack (16th) and that was with Myles. 

Have the bengals won a game?  The dolphins have. You really aren't happy unless you're bitching so you are trying to convince yourself and everyone else we should just start bitching now cause duck is gonna lead the Steelers to the super bowl. 2 plays 90 yards is not an impressive drive.  It's one big play.  I'd be more impressed and concerned with ducks ability if he led multiple long scoring drives with 9 plus plays.

Hodges has a PFF of 58.9.. aka relatively average for an NFL backup.  He's currently slightly higher than Rudolph was.. and I wouldn't be shocked if he plays better than Rudolph did last week.  The bar is pretty low - if he throws 3 or fewer picks, that's achieved..

Need Vernon to play up to his salary the rest of the season..

He did a lot of pressures and near-misses, but Garrett had only one tackle and no sacks each of the 3 prior games.

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Wait a minute, speaking of a horrible opponent....the Fins are 2-9 and managed to put up 24 points on the Browns' D. 24? The Fins? 29th in offense, and avg. scoring 13 ppg. Cinci actually scores more points than Miami. Cinci lost to Seattle by 1, Balt. by 6, AZ by 3, Raiders by 7. It's not like they get blown out every game. And part of the reason they were even in the game was when Mason "I'm-an-entitled-preppy-boy" was in the game to begin with. Once Duck was under center, it all changed. 

Look, Pitt is still missing mad loads of players - they finally got their 3rd-string RB back, not the starter. Browns should handle them easily, my only point was Duck offers more of a challenge than the spoiled baby, who isn't even good enough to play backup in this league. He might make a roster if a team carries 3 QBs...maybe. 

And also, Pitt is a top 10 D, Browns are in the middle of the pack (16th) and that was with Myles. 

Well, remember....One of those TDs was scored by the Fins with 24 seconds left in the game in garbage time. 

The Steelers do have a staunch defense.....but our offense should be good enough vs. their defense compared to their offense vs. our defense that we...The Browns...should have a fair edge. 

Let's see what mjp reports on the Vegas betting line in this upcoming game.

Weird things happen to the Browns in Pittsburgh, and yeah, I suppose the past isn't supposed to matter. 

I expect a tight, low scoring game. Right now, the Browns look like the better team. 

Browns need to stay composed. Make a play, get back in the huddle. Don't showboat...just quietly kick their a$$. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Weird things happen to the Browns in Pittsburgh, and yeah, I suppose the past isn't supposed to matter. 

I expect a tight, low scoring game. Right now, the Browns look like the better team. 

Browns need to stay composed. Make a play, get back in the huddle. Don't showboat...just quietly kick their a$$. 

Sometimes weird things happen to the Steelers:

Browns 51-0

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, remember....One of those TDs was scored by the Fins with 24 seconds left in the game in garbage time. 

The Steelers do have a staunch defense.....but our offense should be good enough vs. their defense compared to their offense vs. our defense that we...The Browns...should have a fair edge. 

Let's see what mjp reports on the Vegas betting line in this upcoming game.

Pitt -1.5. Basically a pick em. Browns have better rushing game and passing game, Pitt slightly better D. It could come down to turn overs. 

11 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Pitt -1.5. Basically a pick em. Browns have better rushing game and passing game, Pitt slightly better D. It could come down to turn overs. 

Well.  Since the home team usually gets 3 pts. on the betting line,  this basically says that they think the Browns are a better team....on a neutral Field. 

I think by game time that line could change to either a pic em...or Browns favored. 

We should, hopefully, get some help back from Ogunjobi,  Njoku, Vernon.

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

Pitt finally benched Rudolph, because he was sucking giant ass. Duck came in and they scored 2 plays, covering 90 yards. 

Next week's game just got tougher. 

Duck ain't no Dan Marino, circa 1984, but he's better than Mason. 

Not to mention, Pitt won, so they will still have some fight left in them. 

Pitt won against a team that's seriously trying to be the third team in NFL history to go 0-16. Bungle for Burrow, Chase Young, not wins. Finley sucks, and the Bungle defense is dead last in the NFL. The Queen City Kitties had them on the ropes in the first half, and couldn't finish the deal. 

Duck was a whopping 5\11 against a suck defense. Steelers get a couple fumble recoveries.   

Some guys just can't enjoy the ride....  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Pitt won against a team that's seriously trying to be the third team in NFL history to go 0-16. Bungle for Burrow, Chase Young, not wins. Finley sucks, and the Bungle defense is dead last in the NFL. The Queen City Kitties had them on the ropes in the first half, and couldn't finish the deal. 

Duck was a whopping 5\11 against a suck defense. Steelers get a couple fumble recoveries.   

Some guys just can't enjoy the ride....  

OK, super cool, zero worries with Pitt. Maybe a 21 point win. It could be. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well.  Since the home team usually gets 3 pts. on the betting line,  this basically says that they think the Browns are a better team....on a neutral Field. 

I think by game time that line could change to either a pic em...or Browns favored. 

We should, hopefully, get some help back from Ogunjobi,  Njoku, Vernon.

Last game was a shell of a Pitt team, they have some players back but still 4th string QB. As long as Baker plays decent, it's in the bag. 

We all saw how big of a loss Myles Garrett is, but there's some good news for this week as well.  Ogunjobi comes back, Njoku comes back, Vernon likely comes back, and our offense is starting to look a little bit better each week.  Are we perfect?  Heck no, but we took some more strides against a beat-up Fins team, and we made some SPLASH plays.  The type of plays we've been sorely lacking.  

10 hours ago, Icecube said:

Ummm, you remember their 2nd stringer? Duck is better. 

None of this is bad news. We've won three in a row and we get another chance to beat up the Steelers with their third stringer.

We know all about bad news ... we'll let you know when we have bad news.

Zombo

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

None of this is bad news. We've won three in a row and we get another chance to beat up the Steelers with their third stringer.

We know all about bad news ... we'll let you know when we have bad news.

Zombo

How embarassing would it be to lose to a guy named  Duck.  And isn't he a right ugly duck?

Kates_pictures_046.324114557_std.jpg

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

OK, super cool, zero worries with Pitt. Maybe a 21 point win. It could be. 

At this point, we can't take anything for granted. Just saying- a beat up Steeler team beat a bad Bengals team on the strength of one big play, and a couple recovered fumbles.

If Cinci can't pull out a win against the Jets this Sunday. 0-16 is a distinct possibility. Their game against the Dolphins could be the Burrow Bowl. LOL, their game against the Patriots could have the biggest line in Vegas history. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

At this point, we can't take anything for granted. Just saying- a beat up Steeler team beat a bad Bengals team on the strength of one big play, and a couple recovered fumbles.

If Cinci can't pull out a win against the Jets this Sunday. 0-16 is a distinct possibility. Their game against the Dolphins could be the Burrow Bowl. LOL, their game against the Patriots could have the biggest line in Vegas history. 

They will go for Chase Young....no doubt, not a QB.  There are several  QBs that will be FAs next year....so they may pick up one of them. These include some that would retire before going to the Bengals, but there could be a couple of names that could consider moving if the money is right....in fact, some may be shown the door by their current team and will be looking for a place to land.

Brady

Brees

Rivers

Eli Manning

All FAs at the end of the year.....not likely going anywhere?  (much less the Bengals?)  Or, do you think any of these retire?

Also:

Dak Prescott....will Jerrah pony up? 

Marcus Mariota....ousted as starter at Tenn. 

Jameis Winston....will Tampa re-up on him...or begin over. 

Case Keenum....benched for Haskins, I believe.

Teddy Twatwater....Could want his own team....and a paycheck.....

21 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Duck dynasty is absolute defecate.  He just throws the ball because he has nothing to lose...he is the 3rd string...he is crap.

he is better than rudolph the red shit mason......but as you say, he is the third stringer.....i am more concerned about their d....and tomlin vs blockhead kitchens...and believe me, he is a blockhead coach....

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

They will go for Chase Young....no doubt, not a QB.  There are several  QBs that will be FAs next year....so they may pick up one of them. These include some that would retire before going to the Bengals, but there could be a couple of names that could consider moving if the money is right....in fact, some may be shown the door by their current team and will be looking for a place to land.

Brady not going anywhere

Brees ditto

Rivers ditto 

Eli Manning you can make a case Eli is as washed up as Dalton

All FAs at the end of the year.....not likely going anywhere?  (much less the Bengals?)  Or, do you think any of these retire?

Also:

Dak Prescott....will Jerrah pony up? "he's got no choice" and the Cowboys are going to be seriously in cap hell after they overpaid Zeke- and others- couldn't happen to a better FRAK team

Marcus Mariota....ousted as starter at Tenn. bum

Jameis Winston....will Tampa re-up on him...or begin over. bum

Case Keenum....benched for Haskins, I believe. bum

Teddy Twatwater....Could want his own team....and a paycheck..... Only one I could see moving- but he's not going from a playoff team to the Bungles

Nope Gipper- as the resident Bungle observer- unless there's "a great disturbance in the Force" the Bengals WILL draft a QB at #1 overall, and probably Burrow. Chase Young is mighty tempting, (looks like another Kahlil Mack one man wrecking crew) but I ask you has Mack turned the Bears into a serious Super Bowl contender this year? I say no way Jose.  Sure, they could use Young, but they're paying Dunlap and Atkins a ton of money already. As we know, franchise QB trumps everything else. Yeah, the Texans drafted Javedon Clowney #1 overall- but they didn't start playing good until they got Deshawn Watson. 

Don't forget Cinci started one of their their recent runs of being good when they drafted Carson Palmer #1 overall. Does it look like Joe has that same potential? From what I saw against Alabama, I say yes. Finally, Dalton turned into the perfect system QB. Was as good as his surrounding cast, which isn't very good anymore. Green has been hurt all year, Eifert is an injury riddled shell of what he was, Ross and Jonah Williams are out of action. Cheapo Mike made humongous mistakes when he let Andrew Whitworth (and others) walk out in FA.  

That said, you could posit the bunglin' Bungles could take Young- and then hope they still suck bad enough next year to have a shot at Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.  :)  Or did you forget the weeping and gnashing of teeth when the Browns passed on a chance to take Carson Wentz?   

PS Walter Football does have the Bengals bungling for Burrow at #1 overall.....   

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nope Gipper- as the resident Bungle observer- unless there's "a great disturbance in the Force" the Bengals WILL draft a QB at #1 overall, and probably Burrow. Chase Young is mighty tempting, (looks like another Kahlil Mack one man wrecking crew) but I ask you has Mack turned the Bears into a serious Super Bowl contender this year? I say no way Jose.  Sure, they could use Young, but they're paying Dunlap and Atkins a ton of money already. As we know, franchise QB trumps everything else. Yeah, the Texans drafted Javedon Clowney #1 overall- but they didn't start playing good until they got Deshawn Watson. 

Don't forget Cinci started one of their their recent runs of being good when they drafted Carson Palmer #1 overall. Does it look like Joe has that same potential? From what I saw against Alabama, I say yes. Finally, Dalton turned into the perfect system QB. Was as good as his surrounding cast, which isn't very good anymore. Green has been hurt all year, Eifert is an injury riddled shell of what he was, Ross and Jonah Williams are out of action. Cheapo Mike made humongous mistakes when he let Andrew Whitworth (and others) walk out in FA.  

That said, you could posit the bunglin' Bungles could take Young- and then hope they still suck bad enough next year to have a shot at Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.  :)  Or did you forget the weeping and gnashing of teeth when the Browns passed on a chance to take Carson Wentz?   

PS Walter Football does have the Bengals bungling for Burrow at #1 overall.....   

Nope,  in fact, I think you hit it on the head....that  the Bengals will pass on the QB,  and wait until the chance to get  Lawrence.

In fact, maybe we should put one of our little bets on this:   I say, assuming the Bitchy Pussies have the #1 pick.  (and I think the only way that won't get that is if they beat the Browns....and we cannot have that).........they take Chase Young.      

I assume you will say otherwise...that they take a QB?

Bottle of Wine on it? 

My wife really liked the last bottle I won from you.....the Schloss Vollrads Estate Reisling.  In fact, she even kept the bottle, which I am looking at right now.   We could use another when I win....next April :P

Are we on?     If you win, you will have to figure something out.....something in the $20-25 range. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Nope,  in fact, I think you hit it on the head....that  the Bengals will pass on the QB,  and wait until the chance to get  Lawrence.

In fact, maybe we should put one of our little bets on this:   I say, assuming the Bitchy Pussies have the #1 pick.  (and I think the only way that won't get that is if they beat the Browns....and we cannot have that).........they take Chase Young.      

I assume you will say otherwise...that they take a QB?

Bottle of Wine on it? 

My wife really liked the last bottle I won from you.....the Schloss Vollrads Estate Reisling.  In fact, she even kept the bottle, which I am looking at right now.   We could use another when I win....next April :P

Are we on?     If you win, you will have to figure something out.....something in the $20-25 range. 

It would be typically Mike Brownsian to take Young, and not a QB. But I say daughter Katie will talk him out of dementia, and draft a QB. So easy- Bengals will take a QB in April...  Bottle of wine? Sure....