THE BROWNS BOARD

Random Factoids

The Gipper

Random Factoids:

1.  While sitting here watching/listening to the 49ers/Packers game,  and earlier today having watch the Pats/Cowboys  I just had this thought:    4 NFL teams have won 5 or more Championships since the merger.  Patriots/Steelers/Cowboys/49ers.    But, I realized that  : A. The Patriots and the Cowboys have never met in a Super Bowl.  B. The Patriots and the 49ers have never met in a Super Bowl.   C. The Steelers and the 49ers have never met in a Super Bowl.      ONLY the Steelers and Cowboys of these 4 teams, for all the times they have appeared, have met in the SB.

2.  While the Patriots have won 6 SBs,  they have also lost 5.   And they are actually   -36 in point differential in those games.

3.  In looking at a similar stat.  The 49ers have the highest SB point differential:    +96.....OK.   So, you would think that like the Bills or Vikings have the worst pt. differential, right?  Not even close:    The Denver Broncos, who are 3-5 in SBs are -112 points in their games.  (the Bills are next at -66)

4. The NFC East, as currently constituted,  has won the most SBs as a Division....with 13.    They are also the ONLY division in which every team has won a SB:  Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, and Eagles.      The fewest Super Bowls have been won by the teams in the AFC South....2 by the Colts.  In fact, that is the only division in which just one team has won a SB.    The NFCS has also won only 2 SBs...one each by New Orleans and Tampa Bay.

5.  Despite their horrible record over the last 20 years,   The Cleveland Browns still rank  7th All time in post season appearances, tied with the Colts.  Here are the numbers:

Cowboys  33;  Packers and Giants  32;  Steelers  31; Rams and Viking 29;  Browns and Colts  28

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Thanks for that. Really.  How many losses do they have?   (and do we really want to know that number?)

I believe the Browns have played 331 games in their second run... I think they have 2 ties (?)… so something like 100-219-2? (Completely off my head). Sweet Jesus that is horrific.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I believe the Browns have played 331 games in their second run... I think they have 2 ties (?)… so something like 100-219-2? (Completely off my head). Sweet Jesus that is horrific.

Put most the blame on the Elf & Dog mascots;).. Swagger retired to our last home loss to Seattle...Swagger 1 compiled a record of 20-65-1...This new Bulldog is 3-O at home since taking over..👍 2 Loses on the road without traveling the new Bulldog.. Put that Pooch in the Back of a Truck 🚚 and get him to Pittsburgh..Crapping is only a bonus on Heinz Field.. 💩 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1