THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Dolphins Official Gameday thread

The Dolphins are in Cleveland looking to add to their 2 wins this season, winners of 2 out of their last 3 games. Ryan Fitzpatrick can stand in the pocket and deliver accurate strikes all around the field. DeVante Parker, deemed “not tough enough” by Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown, is a big play physical receiver who when healthy. Allen Hurns is a reliable target, and Jakeem Grant is their speedster.
Miami has a young cornerback, Nik Needham, who has been making some plays. I would imagine he will be getting tested. Jerome Baker from Ohio State is a talented linebacker for Miami.

We haven’t really seen this Cleveland defense without Myles but one would think it would call for more zone coverage and less “zero” blitz calls with no safety help over top. It might be a rough day for the defense with both Schobert and Vernon out. Fortunately, there is some decent depth at linebacker and defensive line.
The Browns offense will be almost 100% if David Njoku gets on the field, who should provide a huge boost, especially in the red zone.

GO BROWNS.

3 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

The Dolphins are in Cleveland looking to add to their 2 wins this season, winners of 2 out of their last 3 games. Ryan Fitzpatrick can stand in the pocket and deliver accurate strikes all around the field. DeVante Parker, deemed “not tough enough” by Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown, is a big play physical receiver who when healthy. Allen Hurns is a reliable target, and Jakeem Grant is their speedster.
Miami has a young cornerback, Nik Needham, who has been making some plays. I would imagine he will be getting tested. Jerome Baker from Ohio State is a talented linebacker for Miami.

We haven’t really seen this Cleveland defense without Myles but one would think it would call for more zone coverage and less “zero” blitz calls with no safety help over top. It might be a rough day for the defense with both Schobert and Vernon out. Fortunately, there is some decent depth at linebacker and defensive line.
The Browns offense will be almost 100% if David Njoku gets on the field, who should provide a huge boost, especially in the red zone.

GO BROWNS.

I approve bop the Bot.....  

We need this game for so many reasons, and a win could do so much good, whereas a loss would be completely damning. Even missing so many of our talented players, we're still the vastly more talented team. We need to be able to prove that early, often, and without mercy. I'm serious, I would be VERY surprised if you didn't see a very motivated team that puts forth a physical effort. I want PHYSICAL, smash-mouth, and punishing football today. Running it down their throats, taking calculated deep shots, and smothering them with sound defense. In short, I want the best effing game we've played all year, and I actually want to start talking about FOOTBALL again. 

We cannot fail today. It's just too important for so many reasons. For our home crowd, our fans everywhere, and especially for the healing of our team. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

We need this game for so many reasons, and a win could do so much good, whereas a loss would be completely damning. Even missing so many of our talented players, we're still the vastly more talented team. We need to be able to prove that early, often, and without mercy. I'm serious, I would be VERY surprised if you didn't see a very motivated team that puts forth a physical effort. I want PHYSICAL, smash-mouth, and punishing football today. Running it down their throats, taking calculated deep shots, and smothering them with sound defense. In short, I want the best effing game we've played all year, and I actually want to start talking about FOOTBALL again. 

We cannot fail today. It's just too important for so many reasons. For our home crowd, our fans everywhere, and especially for the healing of our team. 

Do you have a good streaming site for the game? In the past I have used reddit  buffstream but now my computer blocks it as a malicious website.

Game Team Captains--Landry/Schobert/T.Mitchell  Inactives-- Vernon/ E.Murray/ K.Lamm/ D.Forbes/ TE *Pharaoh Brown/ WR-Taywan Taylor/ CB-R.Jackson 

D.Njoku will not play, but has practiced last week, but still on IR status..

Congrats! to 3 PS squad guys that will dress & maybe play JT Hassell S/ LB Gustin Porter/ DT Brandin Bryant

Other backups to watch👀 DT-Eli Ankou #91(has played well imo) DE-Bryan Cox jr. LB-Tre Davis  DimeBack- Juston Burris 

• Upvote 1

Why do I think that this is a game the Browns should roll in?    But then why do I think they won't?  That it will be a struggle for them...or even a loss?  

Pure Pessimism?  No faith in Ferd?  Concern over repercussions over "the incident"....which should be a rallying event, but could be the opposite?  Concern over the absences from the DL?   I hate feeling pissed off about the way the Browns will perform even before kickoff, but I am.  

Is that irrational?

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why do I think that this is a game the Browns should roll in?    But then why do I think they won't?  That it will be a struggle for them...or even a loss?  

Pure Pessimism?  No faith in Ferd?  Concern over repercussions over "the incident"....which should be a rallying event, but could be the opposite?  Concern over the absences from the DL?   I hate feeling pissed off about the way the Browns will perform even before kickoff, but I am.  

Is that irrational?

I have no idea how this game goes either. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Do you have a good streaming site for the game? In the past I have used reddit  buffstream but now my computer blocks it as a malicious website.

No...just Sunday Ticket. 😥

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Reddit sports streams moved, don't look for anything legit there.

The nflbite.com site gives a legit buffstream link, or you can go buffstreamz.com then choose your sport, which for the NFL takes you to nflbite.com then the buffstream link

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

illegal man downfield issues

Not at easy as just "getting in the ear".     You need to really sell those RPO's and the Oline aggressive downblocks to open running space and soak up the linebackers.

If Baker pulls it has to be a immediate and decisive throw because if not you have lineman releasing downfield.     Hard to just tell the Oline to "play patient" otherwise you're really destroying the essence of what makes some of those designs so effect.

Could only listen to the game.

That was a must win!  With 3 backup DLinemen.  

Got a little scary there when they got it to 11 points and had all of the momentum.

So now we get one of our DLinemen back from suspension....and hopefully Vernon will finally be able to play.

Nice win Browns!

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Game Team Captains--Landry/Schobert/T.Mitchell  Inactives-- Vernon/ E.Murray/ K.Lamm/ D.Forbes/ TE *Pharaoh Brown/ WR-Taywan Taylor/ CB-R.Jackson 

D.Njoku will not play, but has practiced last week, but still on IR status..

Congrats! to 3 PS squad guys that will dress & maybe play JT Hassell S/ LB Gustin Porter/ DT Brandin Bryant

Other backups to watch👀 DT-Eli Ankou #91(has played well imo) DE-Bryan Cox jr. LB-Tre Davis  DimeBack- Juston Burris 

Njoku has been cleared to practice, he just wasn’t activated for this game and can’t be on IR.
Great victory, suspected offense would need to  score 30 points to win given our depleted defensive line and they obliged today. Really pleased to see all skill players scored today including Hunt!

Hell yes! 3 in a freakin row baby. I detest the offensive lull we encountered because we really did move the ball well ALL day, but that's OK. We ran the ball decently but oddly enough didn't have a 10+ yard run until the very end. That being said, we had tons of 4-5 yard runs and those really made our 3rd downs very manageable. 

Baker played as good of a 1st half as you will ever see. He was hitting on everything from short to long and in between. Some of his throws in both halves were EXTREMELY accurate, and one of his only poor tosses resulted in a pick when he threw it badly behind OBJ. I HATED to see the pick because he was playing just so damn well, and it actually really hurt us. Stole the momentum and lead to 7 Miami points. But by and large, Baker was on target...especially to Landry. 

Landry was absolutely phenomenal. I mean just incredible. 

Chris Hubbard is so bad. Good grief. 

Myles Garrett...I'm furious with you. We are NOT the same defense without you, and Fitzpatrick had all day to throw far too often. Get well Vernon, we desperately need you. 

Hunt and Chubb together is really fun. You get the impression that Hunt could do even more...easily. It was great to see his smile after getting in the end zone. 

Joe Schobert. What more can you say? Pay him, do it now. 

Takitaki is raw but makes an impact. He was in on the fake punt stop. His energy is legit. 

Denzel Ward looked amazing, but I didn't see him late. Hopefully he's not injured. Greedy didn't look AS good, but had his moments. I wasn't encouraged by some of the points given up by our defense, but they buckled down when they had to. 

So much more to discuss, but very pleased and proud of our team. Another win for the home crowd and they made it fun for them. 3 in a row is a big deal, and while that Broncos game definitely still haunts us, we have an excellent opportunity to make it 4 in a row against a struggling Steelers team that needs their asses beaten through and through. 

• Upvote 2

Landry catches 2 TDs...plus a ton of other catches.  OBJ gets a TD pass.   Chubb runs for a TD.  Hunt runs for a TD.    Mayfield 3 TDs only 1 Int. (and that int. was pure luck)

Sheldon Richardson....who has been quiet most of the year, steps up and gets 2 sacks. 

The "stars" on this team stepped up.....as they should vs. a crappy team like the Dolphins. 

Lets show the same versatility next week.

And next week...hopefully, we will have our #1 TE back.  Rusty....but he could be a weapon in the red zone.  And Vernon should be back, no?  as well as Ogunjobi.  They could help the defense. 

Relaxing. To finally sit there and watch a game without cursing or biting your nails just knowing its gonna be a rout has been a long time coming. I like those kind of games.

We're gonna beat Pittsburgh. I said before the season started that there was no reason we couldn't take two from them. Going into the game with revenge on their minds isn't gonna do a damn thing for them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Njoku has been cleared to practice, he just wasn’t activated for this game and can’t be on IR.
Great victory, suspected offense would need to  score 30 points to win given our depleted defensive line and they obliged today. Really pleased to see all skill players scored today including Hunt!

posted 30-10 somewhere in this tread & yes a great win we needed..Wilks waited to long to adjust put maybe he learns watching tape..Njoku like Forbes has 2-3 weeks "roster free status" once taken off IR..We will* need to make a roster move to put him back on 53..as Njoke was not* listed as inactive or on 53 today cause he counts as free.. I think only till Pitt. game or per rules must go back on IR rest of season..Them some NFL rules... Huh?