THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

So Sophia and I turned off the Browns game with 23 seconds to go, and went to celebrate the big rivalry win and her winning streak on a remote Carribean Island with no phone service ... Is there any AFC North news this week? No? Well then let's look at this week's opponent:

It seems to me that over the course of time we have played Miami less than most AFC opponents .... A quick check of PFR reveals that to be true, as we have played them just 17 times (8-9), lowest of any AFC team outside of the expansion Texans (10).

Of course, that doesn't include the two playoff games, two very similar games where the underdog Browns had the Dolphins on the ropes and couldn't finish them, in 1972 against the Undefeated Phins and 1985 Marino Dolphins.

But there are good memories too, here are a few of my faves:

1979, Browns 30 Dolphins 24 Brian Sipe lit up the Dolphins, 23-42 358 yds, 3 TD 0 Int, Reggie Rucker had 177 of those years, and Mike Pruitt pounded the rock for 93 yards. My memory was that Don Shula was very complimentary of Sipe after that game ... I also remember we knocked out Griese and Super-Sub Don Strock almost brought them back.

1986, Browns 26 Dolphins 16. An important win that year as the Browns were trying to dethrone the Dolphins and establish themselves as the team to beat in the AFC. Bernie's turn to light them up ... 400 yards passing. Four Matt Bahr FGs was the difference.

2005 Browns 22 Dolphins 0. What if I told you ... that once upon a time Romeo Crennell outcoached and embarrased Nick Saban? It's true. Romeo's defense held the Dolphins to 54 yards passing (Frerrotte/Rosenfels) and not even a FG try. Meanwhile Trent Dilfer was efficient for the Browns and Rueben Droughns ran up 166 yards on the ground. It happened.

2010 Browns 13 Dolphins 10. This game is actually not interesting, two mediocre teams playing out the schedule. But I remember it for two reasons 1. I was there, it was a beautiful, hot day with plenty of empty seats around us. Atenears and Roach attended as well. 2. Jake Delhomme was the winning QB ... you almost forgot he played for us...

Whoops, I'm getting behind...

6abd2e001814d076e3f74a809484963e.gif

This week we shake it up: 

Miami at Cleveland, Sunday 1:00 PM

The Dolphins have been a gutsy "tough out" since they put Fitzpatrick back at QB, but they have a defense that the Browns can dominate with all of their weapons. Not enough talent in Miami to cover OBJ, Landry and Hunt at the same time ... someone will be open. BROWNS 37 DOLPHINS 20

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, Sunday 1:00 PM

Easy win for the Steelers, just praying Mason Rudolf doesn't get hurt. STEELERS 20 BUNGLES 10

Baltimore at LA Rams, Sunday 1:00 PM

Been a long time since a team from Baltimore played the Rams in the Colosseum. These cities' NFL stories are intertwined as they once traded teams. Yes folks, Robert Irsay once bought the Rams and traded them to Carrol Rosenbloom for the Colts. So, actually the players and names stayed put, the owners traded. Rosenbloom then drowned on the beach, his showgirl wife got the team, moved them to St. Louis and now this Kroenke creep has moved them back, Irsay took the Colts to Indy, and the Browns ended up getting screwed in the end. Seems a lot of stories end that way.

giphy.gif

But I still like the Rams defense, so the Rams walk away winners. RAMS 22 RAVENS 20

28d4a6f7896a3beb71ef2a3bb7130648.gif

Well to keep it short and sweet.... football I'm talking football now from our NFL pickem:

Pittsburgh   vs X @Cincinnati 6.5 6.5 6.5 6.5 Sun 11/24 01:00 PM  

@Cleveland X vs   Miami 10.5 11.0 10.5 10.5 Sun 11/24 01:00 PM

Baltimore   vs X @Los Angeles (LAR) 3.0 3.0 3.0 3.0 Mon 11/25 08:15 PM

And.......

@(2)Ohio St. X vs   (9)Penn St. 18.0 18.0 18.0 18.0 Sat 11/23 12:00 PM

Here is my prediction:

Browns vs.  Dolphins.     Fish have one of the worst rushing defenses in the league....Browns may be working on having the best running game in the league.   Browns have to be pissed off after what happened.    Fitzpatrick may not actually play.   Browns to steamroll......30-13

Steelers at Bengals.      As I stated elsewhere,   Steelers offense sucks swamp water....but, their defense is good enough to win this game. Steelers  16-10...on the basis of one defensive TD and 3 FGs 

Ravens at Rams.    Two teams who I thought would be in opposite situation now.  I thought Rams could roll and that the Ratfuckers would be mediocre.   But, it is the other way around.    That "Super Bowl Losing Team Hangover", which had gone away for the first time since the early 1970s has seem to come back with the Rams.   As much as I certainly want them to...and as much as I think the Rams are the better team,   Harbaugh and Jackson have made a deal with the devil apparently.   Ravens  27 Rams 20

Oh...and since we are playing  the Dolphins,  a secretary with  aquatic skills I think is necessary and appropriate, so I am going a bit old schools and digging up a classic:

Jacqueline Bisset, (in The Deep, I think)

the-deep-500x1102.jpg

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Browns  31-17

Stealers  36-13

Ravens   24-21 in OT  😂

I'm worried about missing Obi and Garrett on D. Burnett's gone for the year too. Unless the Browns start firing on all cylinders on offense, It's going to be a lot closer than some guys think.  Haven seen that we activated Njoku off of IR yet either. 

Bungles? Anyone tell me who their QB is without looking? Nuff said. Even though the Steelers will be minus Ju-Ju and probably Conner not playing- that should still be enough to win. But if Mixon has a good game, the Cinci Kitties could make it interesting. 

I'll take the Ratbirds on a roll.....but you can roll Jackson anytime, just to give our banned booger something to think about. Since he though it was cool visiting here shitting all over the board....  

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm worried about missing Obi and Garrett on D. Burnett's gone for the year too. Unless the Browns start firing on all cylinders on offense, It's going to be a lot closer than some guys think.  Haven seen that we activated Njoku off of IR yet either. 

Bungles? Anyone tell me who their QB is without looking? Nuff said. Even though the Steelers will be minus Ju-Ju and probably Conner not playing- that should still be enough to win. But if Mixon has a good game, the Cinci Kitties could make it interesting. 

I'll take the Ratbirds on a roll.....but you can roll Jackson anytime, just to give our banned booger something to think about. Since he though it was cool visiting here shitting all over the board....  

Vernon is officially ruled out too, and Njoku is not going to be active.