THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Friday

The Gipper

Unusual for me to do this on a Friday....but I let a week go by after you know what......which, by the way, is NO part of this survey.

So, give your answers or opinions:

1. Give your assessment of the chances of the Browns making the playoffs this year, either as odds or as a percentage. 

2. What player, or players, really need to step up their game for the rest of this season to give this team a chance to get there?

3. Which Browns loss so far this year has been the most damaging to their playoff hopes?

4. Besides Jim Brown, who was named last night.....What other Browns players in the past should be named to the Top 100 NFL players in 100 Years list?

5. See the discussion in the Pittsburgh Sucks thread, wherein I state that it is really just Steeler fans that suck (they do), but not actually the city of Pittsburgh itself, which can otherwise be fine.   However.....name a city that you think really DOES suck as a place to be or visit, and which you would never really want to go to. 

1. Give your assessment of the chances of the Browns making the playoffs this year, either as odds or as a percentage. 

5%

2. What player, or players, really need to step up their game for the rest of this season to give this team a chance to get there?

The DL

3. Which Browns loss so far this year has been the most damaging to their playoff hopes?

Broncos

4. Besides Jim Brown, who was named last night.....What other Browns players in the past should be named to the Top 100 NFL players in 100 Years list?

Otto, Warfield, Motley, The Ozz

5. See the discussion in the Pittsburgh Sucks thread, wherein I state that it is really just Steeler fans that suck (they do), but not actually the city of Pittsburgh itself, which can otherwise be fine.   However.....name a city that you think really DOES suck as a place to be or visit, and which you would never really want to go to.  

St. Louis or Detroit   Tie

My own answers:

IF they can get their act together, and win  5 of the next 6 games, which I think they should, then they have a 20-25% chance to make it. If they do't beat the teams they should beat...then it would obviously diminish from there.

We could name the entire team, but some specific individuals include:  OBJ for one would help a lot.  Olivier Vernon for another, with the situation as it is.   There are several others, but those are the two primary as I see it.   

And, it goes without saying....Freddie Kitchens.

The Broncos.   Lackadaisacal effort is what I saw in that game. 

Otto Graham WILL be one.  I don't know if any others will make it.  Maybe Lou Groza.  Warfield could be borderline.   IF they go for those 2 "old timer" RBs as I said elsewhere, Marion Motley could be picked,  though I doubt it.  Joe Thomas and Ozzie  will be borderline.

I think that there are some cities that are basically boring....like Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix..meh....but boring is not what I meant here.   But, since I did not limit this to major cities....one that I went to last year when I was there was right out of dystopian hell, and that is:    Port Arthur TX.   It is a fair sized city...but it was like a ghost town. Worse.  About all I saw on the streets were cop cars, and military vehicles.  I thought I had been transported to like East Berlin or something. Just real bizarre, because on that same trip I had been to places like Houston, New Orleans, Jackson Miss.  Lafayette and Lake Charles La....and they all seemed fine.  But this was like Apocalypse Now, urban style. 

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

My own answers:

5.  Port Arthur TX.   It is a fair sized city...but it was like a ghost town. Worse.  About all I saw on the streets were cop cars, and military vehicles.  I thought I had been transported to like East Berlin or something. Just real bizarre, because on that same trip I had been to places like Houston, New Orleans, Jackson Miss.  Lafayette and Lake Charles La....and they all seemed fine.  But this was like Apocalypse Now, urban style. 

Ever since Janis left it turned to shit.😱

1.  10% - I'd consider it a successful season if we swept the rest of the division games.

2.  Head Coach. Rest should fall into place.

3.  A loss is a loss.

4 Johnny Manzel - just kidding. Otto for sure. Unfortunately these lists put more weight on recent players than historical ones. 

5.  Juárez - been there 15 years ago for work - can't imagine it has improved since then. 

:

100% in.

The reserves getting chances at safety and DL, OL continue to improve.

Titans

Otto Graham,  Lou Groza, Marion Motley

5. See the discussion in the Pittsburgh Sucks thread, wherein I state that it is really just Steeler fans that suck (they do), but not actually the city of Pittsburgh itself, which can otherwise be fine.   However.....name a city that you think really DOES suck as a place to be or visit, and which you would never really wa

Baltimore

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Unusual for me to do this on a Friday....but I let a week go by after you know what......which, by the way, is NO part of this survey.

1.  Playoffs?  Slim and none

2. All.  That’s why it’s a true team game

3.  All of them were equal except 9ers.  NFC doesn’t matter as much

4. Otto Graham and Lou Groza

5. Been to pissbirg numerous times.  It totally sucks to get anywhere around that cursed town.. there might be attractions but by the time you get there, it’s closed.. Concerts there? Everybody has their own cop. Very oppressive. Fuck pigsbirg!

On 11/22/2019 at 6:47 AM, The Gipper said:

1. 33%
2. Baker, OBJ, Ward, Front 4

3. Pats. If we could have somehow pulled that off. Confidence may have soared maybe we beat Denver too.
4. Otto Graham

5. I got Pittsburgh.  Tough to get around in / smallish / lousy food scene for a city.  If I could name a state its Florida not a lot of redeeming qualities 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

1. 33%
2. Baker, OBJ, Ward, Front 4

3. Pats. If we could have somehow pulled that off. Confidence may have soared maybe we beat Denver too.
4. Otto Graham

5. I got Pittsburgh.  Tough to get around in / smallish / lousy food scene for a city.  If I could name a state its Florida not a lot of redeeming qualities 

Marion Motley already named as one of the Top 12 RBs ever.  And I think OG is obviously a no brainer.  And the interesting thing was that, of the 12 RBs, half were, essentially from the Pre-AFC merger era. 

On 11/22/2019 at 9:47 AM, The Gipper said:

10%

Vernon

Titans

Otto...though he won't

Newark

20%

Hubbard, OBJ

Titans. I think it bruised their ego pretty bad.

Otto Graham, Marion Motley, Joe Thomas

Pittsburgh actually is a nice town. My sister has lived there for over 30 years. Traffic there does suck though.

I've traveled quite a bit, and really the only place I've been that I wasn't happy about was Baton Rouge.