THE BROWNS BOARD

Pittsburgh Sucks

bjh2130

Bro, I'm glad he's not suspended. I want him back playing against us, and I want us to lay the ever living SMACK down again. That game is going to be INTENSE, and I want the freaking sweep. First, we need to take care of business against the fish. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Bro, I'm glad he's not suspended. I want him back playing against us, and I want us to lay the ever living SMACK down again. That game is going to be INTENSE, and I want the freaking sweep. First, we need to take care of business against the fish. 

It might be as interesting IN THE STANDS as it is on the field next Sunday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It might be as interesting IN THE STANDS as it is on the field next Sunday. 

I had $130 seats lined up on the 35 with my stepson..The Amtrak train was to arrive 1:50 PM for a 4 pm kickoff..Some soft TV rating dykes flexed the game to 1PM so i had to cancel both..Them P*ssies!! so am buying the hoodie

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I had $130 seats lined up on the 35 with my stepson..The Amtrak train was to arrive 1:50 PM for a 4 pm kickoff..Some soft TV rating dykes flexed the game to 1PM so i had to cancel both..Them P*ssies!! 

You know, they make these things called automobiles.  Devices that you can climb  into that are handy to move around in and go to places.  Ever hear of them? 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You know, they make these things called automobiles.  Devices that you can climb  into that are handy to move around in and go to places.  Ever hear of them? 

got 3 of them..2 might of made the road trip..the train back to Carolina left at 1 am Monday..would have avoided 2 drunks.. not driving..Not Parking.. spending additional 500.00 in overnight cost..Plus the stepson is a Ugly Bronco fan..I' m g👀D sleeping with his mother 🤓 for under 500 

• Haha 1

And a special Thanks to Vag..we pm'd each other on some Amtrak walking distance to stadium in Pittsburgh last season..It's do'able & Thanks Vag for the info.. next year will be a hot ticket also..I will be trying it again..

22 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

got 3 of them..2 might of made the road trip..the train back to Carolina left at 1 am Monday..would have avoided 2 drunks.. not driving..Not Parking.. spending additional 500.00 in overnight cost..Plus the stepson is a Ugly Bronco fan..I' m g👀D sleeping with his mother 🤓 for under 500 

I do a lot of traveling...and I know how to handle travel situations.  In checking, I find that an Amtrak ticket from Charlotte to Pittsburgh is $141.00...one way.  So, about 280....just for you to take the train.  If you have a companion, double that to $560.00   But if you drive, you would spend about $200.00 on hotels motels for your stay.....(2 persons, 2 queen beds)   Drive up Saturday from Carolina,  drive back Monday. (2 nights stay)   Two tanks of gas each way at $40.00 each tank. (it shouldn't take that much...depending on your car).  $160.00

Parking?   Don't know...never had to pay for parking in Pittsburgh.  Where we do our Browns Board tailgate, we pay $10.   If Pisstown had a public transportation system like Cleveland...it could cost nothing (or the $2.00 for the transit ticket).

Your tickets to the game and food/booze are fixed costs anyway...so remove those from the equation.

So   $560.00 vs  $360.    I just saved you $200. 

You're welcome. 

Here is the actual truth:   Aside from the stupid fans of their football team, the city of Pittsburgh is actually quite alright.  Just doing this research on it is giving me the idea to maybe spend like a weekend there sometime.    I do have some towns I want to visit :  Philly,  Chicago, Naples Fla, Biloxi,  Green Bay/Door Co.  Rapid City,  Denver and Beyond, Las Vegas, Spokane, Portland OR....but those would be longer trips....  2 days in Shittsburgh...I could do.  Would probably not do it during football season.   Maybe when an Indian's/Pirates game is being played.    My impression is that the PNC Bank is a much nicer facility than the big ketchup bottle. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is the actual truth:   Aside from the stupid fans of their football team, the city of Pittsburgh is actually quite alright.  Just doing this research on it is giving me the idea to maybe spend like a weekend there sometime.    I do have some towns I want to visit :  Philly,  Chicago, Naples Fla, Biloxi,  Green Bay/Door Co.  Rapid City,  Denver and Beyond, Las Vegas, Spokane, Portland OR....but those would be longer trips....  2 days in Shittsburgh...I could do.  Would probably not do it during football season.   Maybe when an Indian's/Pirates game is being played.    My impression is that the PNC Bank is a much nicer facility than the big ketchup bottle. 

PNC Field is fantastic... It is very intimate, with amazing views of Pittsburgh. 

My only complaints are overall mediocre food and getting in/out of the stadium sometimes can be a pain. Entrances/exits bottleneck easily with a big crowd. 

Been to PNC bank & the ketchup bottle both twice..PNC is nice!! saw Kenny Chesney & Zac Brown band both there...Am closer to the NC Beach's..Car Travel includes looping around DC on I-95 to Shiltzberg. Not my thing to book car travel after Nov.1st there..I hit Snow & Ice, 1 travel coming back from my family in Toledo..I know my Luck 🌨️ it sucks.. the Amtrak i booked early & got round trip for 200.00 each..it was A easy in & out till game got moved till 1PM..  off to work (another car travel issue) & thanks Gipper, hit ya back later, helmet-less :ph34r:..

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

And Pouncey will not be there to protect his ass.  I see some fearsome legal hits coming. LOL!🤗

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Been to PNC bank & the ketchup bottle both twice..PNC is nice!! saw Kenny Chesney & Zac Brown band both there...Am closer to the NC Beach's..Car Travel includes looping around DC on I-95 to Shiltzberg. Not my thing to book car travel after Nov.1st there..I hit Snow & Ice, 1 travel coming back from my family in Toledo..I know my Luck 🌨️ it sucks.. the Amtrak i booked early & got round trip for 200.00 each..it was A easy in & out till game got moved till 1PM..  off to work (another car travel issue) & thanks Gipper, hit ya back later, helmet-less :ph34r:..

Where in NC are you?  And no matter where you live, any proper route by car. would take you nowhere near DC....Richmond at the closest.  Dude...you need to learn to read a map!  And $200 round trip, sure, is better than about $350.  But what do you do?  Sleep on the train? Do they give you bunks? Where do you get on this train in NC? 

Personally, I think it's a great idea to go camping - no chance of bedbugs, cockroaches (although most of them will be steeler fans at the game), or fleabitus diseases.

9 Best Places For Camping In Pittsburgh

May 18, 2016 · These 9 Amazing Camping Spots Around Pittsburgh Are An Absolute Must See. Hooray for summer! Sunny days. Cool evenings (well, sometimes!) Lightning bugs zipping back and forth in the dark. Picnics in the park. Water gun battles. Kids yelling. And, of course, camping – a universal experience loved by both kids and adults.

56 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Personally, I think it's a great idea to go camping - no chance of bedbugs, cockroaches (although most of them will be steeler fans at the game), or fleabitus diseases.

May 18, 2016 · These 9 Amazing Camping Spots Around Pittsburgh Are An Absolute Must See. Hooray for summer! Sunny days. Cool evenings (well, sometimes!) Lightning bugs zipping back and forth in the dark. Picnics in the park. Water gun battles. Kids yelling. And, of course, camping – a universal experience loved by both kids and adults.

I go camping at like Super 8 or Days Inn. 

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Where in NC are you?  And no matter where you live, any proper route by car. would take you nowhere near DC....Richmond at the closest.  Dude...you need to learn to read a map!  And $200 round trip, sure, is better than about $350.  But what do you do?  Sleep on the train? Do they give you bunks? Where do you get on this train in NC? 

Nope Gipper- just plug in directions on Google maps- the DC route from coastal North Carolina is 1\2 hour shorter drive time Yeah- the other route that came to my mind is I-77 up the West Virginia Turnpike (that we use when we head down to visit the Brother in Law in Goldsboro) .  But that's a full 90 minutes longer- and you're definitely rolling the dice driving through the WVa mountains if you get hit in a snowstorm.... 

It's a classic- you can't get there (directly) from here.....   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Nope Gipper- just plug in directions on Google maps- the DC route from coastal North Carolina is 1\2 hour shorter drive time Yeah- the other route that came to my mind is I-77 up the West Virginia Turnpike (that we use when we head down to visit the Brother in Law in Goldsboro) .  But that's a full 90 minutes longer- and you're definitely rolling the dice driving through the WVa mountains if you get hit in a snowstorm.... 

But the Google map route does NOT take into account that you have to spend 3-4 hours going maybe 15-20 miles in DC traffic.  It may be a bit shorter in miles, but no one in his right mind would want to deal with that traffic...be it shorter or not (because I was once not in my right mind and had to deal with it).  

From Coastal Carolina you would go up  I-95 to I-64 near Richmond. Then up I-81 to I-70 to I-76 (Pa Turnpike). 

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Winner!! crossing from east coast of NC to I-77 clear across state is a 6 hour boring, no view driving nightmare. full of radar traps & I can't drive 65..The growing areas from Raleigh and all West of.. are wide-ing the highway construction zones right now..horrid lane shift back-ups

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But the Google map route does NOT take into account that you have to spend 3-4 hours going maybe 15-20 miles in DC traffic.  It may be a bit shorter in miles, but no one in his right mind would want to deal with that traffic...be it shorter or not (because I was once not in my right mind and had to deal with it).  

From Coastal Carolina you would go up  I-95 to I-64 near Richmond. Then up I-81 to I-70 to I-76 (Pa Turnpike). 

Live in Greenville,NC (yes,"Send her Back") ..Prefer night driving long distance..I can hit no DC traffic leaving my house by 11PM & out of DC area by 4 am..Warning:excl: get out of there (DC belt loop I-495 area) by 5AM till after 10pm..added lane, road construction is finally done though, but it's still bad..

The timing does not work as well, timing it, coming back From North to South 

Richmond I-64 turning into I-81 is for miles of site see'ers of Mountain drivers..Gorgeous Yes!! but even the truckers avoid the wrecks that are not there..

BTW...FUCK THE STEELERS & the G00DELL suits !!

21 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I bet you do love some camping, big boy... 

81ZuM-E1iSL._SX355_.jpg