THE BROWNS BOARD

The Truth about Myles/Rudolph

jrb12711

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

So much to wade thru....

• I can find nothing that says the NFL mics up players. NFL Films does, but has stated they did not mic up any Thursday nite.
  • If Freddie was told by MG about the slur, he has to publicly say so.
  • It's hard to take anyone with the twitter handle of Roberto Shenanigans seriously.... but...
  • If a soundman working the game heard or has proof of a sound bite capturing the "slur", then he has to come forward. Since his name is out there (Andrew Dickerson) he's nothing to lose.

The networks will typically mic up an interior lineman to catch the calls/audibles of the QB.

This audio isn’t usually recorded, just used during the broadcast.

I also found out that MG was wearing a mic the previous week vs the Bills.

He was wired for the in house TV show “Building the Browns”.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Gorka said:

What did the Red Nose steeler do Myles, whisper it into your ear? Twenty players on the field , surely someone could vouch for you.

Watch the video and look to see who was around while Myles and Rudolph were on the ground.

Roger Goodell needs to be fired, the way the NFL handled this is a disgrace. They suspended Myles almost instantly after this incident happened, didn't even wait for any details to emerge,  no due process.  The first thing we should have saw was Roger Goodell in a press conference immediately following the game stating what an UNFORTUNATE incident this was and they will do their due diligence investigating this and all parties will be disciplined accordingly. Instead Myles go directly to the guillotine and Rudolph is almost completely absolved of any wrong doing all the while social media is calling him to be banned for life or to be sitting in jail. 

If it wasn't for Roger Rabbit be so quick on the trigger to suspend Myles, his suspension might not be so lengthy. Roger made a knee jerk reaction and suspended Myles just to appease social media and Stoolers fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Roger Goodell needs to be fired, the way the NFL handled this is a disgrace. They suspended Myles almost instantly after this incident happened, didn't even wait for any details to emerge,  no due process.  The first thing we should have saw was Roger Goodell in a press conference immediately following the game stating what an UNFORTUNATE incident this was and they will do their due diligence investigating this and all parties will be disciplined accordingly. Instead Myles go directly to the guillotine and Rudolph is almost completely absolved of any wrong doing all the while social media is calling him to be banned for life or to be sitting in jail. 

If it wasn't for Roger Rabbit be so quick on the trigger to suspend Myles, his suspension might not be so lengthy. Roger made a knee jerk reaction and suspended Myles just to appease social media and Stoolers fans.

That incident passed the eye test. No need for "due process" or details, any more than due process was needed watching Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt slug a woman. Whatever the women did or said to provoke these "men" was irrelevant, it passed the eye test.... and don't forget that Rudolph is also a woman, who btw was not absolved but was fined. His punishment fit the crime as did Myles.

Extra curricular activities after tackles or while in a scrum is as old as the game itself...but what Myles did was so far outside the game it would equate to him pulling out some sort of a  weapon from under his jersey and using it...what Myles did was way over the top...above and beyond what Vontaze Burthdefect ever did. So over the top he knew he had to lie and play the race card in order to draw sympathy and to make it easier for people like you homers to render his actions excusable. Pathetic.

How shallow minded to think that Goodells only intent was to appease the Stoolers and social media. His duty is to preserve the game and restore its image. Football is dying a slow death in schools. Parents are becoming more and more reluctant to let their kids play football, granted mostly due to concussions, but to see shit like this only adds to the already negative attitudes toward the game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-core-fans-rapidly-losing-interest-league-poll-article-1.3794871

"Appease the Stoolers"  lol, get the fuck out of here with that tired song and dance.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

The lack of due process is obviously? based on ...it's the Browns. They don't make Superbowl$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so they get hammered and made an example of. The lack of suspension for rudolph is another key to the truth of the above post.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

That incident passed the eye test. No need for "due process" or details, any more than due process was needed watching Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt slug a woman. Whatever the women did or said to provoke these "men" was irrelevant, it passed the eye test.... and don't forget that Rudolph is also a woman, who btw was not absolved but was fined. His punishment fit the crime as did Myles.

Extra curricular activities after tackles or while in a scrum is as old as the game itself...but what Myles did was so far outside the game it would equate to him pulling out some sort of a  weapon from under his jersey and using it...what Myles did was way over the top...above and beyond what Vontaze Burthdefect ever did. So over the top he knew he had to lie and play the race card in order to draw sympathy and to make it easier for people like you homers to render his actions excusable. Pathetic.

How shallow minded to think that Goodells only intent was to appease the Stoolers and social media. His duty is to preserve the game and restore its image. Football is dying a slow death in schools. Parents are becoming more and more reluctant to let their kids play football, granted mostly due to concussions, but to see shit like this only adds to the already negative attitudes toward the game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-core-fans-rapidly-losing-interest-league-poll-article-1.3794871

"Appease the Stoolers"  lol, get the fuck out of here with that tired song and dance.

I'm not totally buying the above. Nope. Rudolph deserved at least a game suspension (like Obi) for extending the hostilities. What Myles did was wrong, sure. Six games- I have no problem with. This was obviously a case of "rush to judgement" before all the info was in- as others have posted. It looked real bad- so we gotta make an example out of this otherwise decent and top level player. 

Take it to the bank- with the contract coming up- the NFLPA isn't going to let management dole out penalties unilaterally with almost no recourse of appeal. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

but what Myles did was so far outside the game it would equate to him pulling out some sort of a  weapon from under his jersey and using it..

So what you are saying is you consider a players helmet a weapon???

Do you think it's a weapon because it is off a player's head and in someone's hand being swung??? And if so, do you still consider a helmet a weapon if a player is still wearing it? 

These are serious questions and am not trying to be a smart ass, I just don't understand your line of reasoning. So if you answer no to the question of do you still consider a helmet a weapon while a player is wearing it consider this, go ask Keith Rivers if he feels that a player can use his helmet as a  weapon while wearing it after Hines Ward slammed the crown of his helmet into his head and broke his jaw. 

Edit

By the way, Ward was only fined 15k for breaking another man's jaw using his head as a weapon and Myles is suspended indefinitely for giving Ms. Rudolph a love tap with the padded end of a helmet. Bet all he has was some bumps and bruises, was seen laughing minutes later. So, do you still think the punishment fits the crime?

• Thanks 2

What if Myles would have just headbutted the bitch when he charged back at him?? 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, jrb12711 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

I brought this up to several people to include on the board. I just don't get why Garrett would have gone insane like he did without this sort of fact occurring. Honestly, on top of Mason's almost lawyer-esque pre-written speech AND his noted douchy behavior? It's not something to discredit. 

Anyone see the color of the guy that snapped the ball to Rudolph?   Seems REALLY strange that very same guy would fight for the guy that just used such a hateful word against his race.   It also seems strange that a guy that has African American WRs, RBs and OL beside Pouncey would throw the N word out. 

I could be wrong here but there was a cleat to the groin as well as an attempt to pry Garrett's helmet off by Rudolph that would have been sufficient enough to send Garrett over the edge.  I would have asked the committee why they are blowing off the first part that the networks have also very carefully edited out of the videos.  And then I'd ask, if if someone kills someone in self defense - should the trail only focus on the murder and put that person in jailed because he killed someone and F--- everything else. He killed someone and that's that?  No, it should focus on the WHY and purpose of action. Garrett and agent, should have attempted to get focus back to the entire video that includes the beginning with a cleat to the groin and Rudolph's attempt to take Garrett's helmet off first.   It would at least show Rudolph was wrong enough for consequences too - to the extent there would at least be more of an understanding to why Garrett lost it.  Then, he could admit using a helmet as a weapon should never be tolerated.  Right James Harrison?  James?   Shazier tried to do that too but he didn't have the same neck circumference of an oak tree Harrison has. Harrison gave Mo Mas a No Mas and he also knocked out Cribbs and McCoy.  Both Shazier and Harrison are heroes in Pittsburgh while Pouncey just joined them for exercising the sorority girl rage of slapping and kicking someone that was being restrained.

I've been all over the place about this whole thing until the meeting with the NFL.  Where this train flies right off the tracks with me is - it just seems really fishy that a guy who got that far out of control conveniently found the discipline all the way up until he met with the top of the NFL to whip out the race card. However, in doing so, Garrett's agent successfully recruits more players around the league to think he had his reasons a la Colin Kaepernick when he recruited enough knuckleheads to dis-respect the American Flag, National Anthem and all our troops past and present for his agenda disguised as race (he was adopted by a white family btw). The brand new strategy for Garrett's helmet swing also recognized that the person they were meeting with representing the NFL is an African American (James Thrash). Not for nothing but if Garrett would have mentioned this racial thing when he had the 1st mic in his face right after the game - it would have given the NFL sufficient time to research it prior to their meeting with Garrett. That didn't help the poker face...

In a year where the biggest theme about the Cleveland Browns is an epic "LACK OF DISCIPLINE" - our former #1 overall pick that is supposed to be a team leader chose "I before team" in 1 of the biggest lack of discipline episodes I have seen as a fan here. I would have been fine with an old school punch or shove reaction; but he chose a weapon against a complete sissy.   BTW, he was dirty against the harmless backup QBs that Jets put on the field too.  If anything, we WANT harmless backup QBs like Rudolph and the sweats for the Jets staying on the field.  When I see that kind of stuff from him - it makes me wonder if he's doing it for the team or himself.  If it's for the team, I'd see someone better prepared with restraint than we saw vrs the Jets or Pitt.  And when he's mentioning his top goal is to be a league MVP on a team that hasn't won more than 7 games since 2007 - that's a me instead of we.  So, where does he leave us today? tomorrow? the rest of the season?  Longer?  Watching another top investment we were really counting on not be able to take the field and help his team on Sundays.  Never had to be this way.  Inventing a racial slur in lieu of accountability for one's actions and integrity is something I'd rather see in Baltimore than here. 

• Upvote 1

I 100% believe Garrett on the racial slur. One reporter posted about the slur right after the fight but later deleted her tweet. I’d bet money due to league pressure. Kareem Hunt said in a phone interview that there was more that happened on the field that set Myles off than people know. Couple this with the fact the NFL says there is no audio despite the fact there is a parabolic mic pointed right at the fight just a few feet away. This was a witch-hunt based on public outcry. Suspend him 4 games, sure it’s fitting and in line with precedent. Indefinite, hell no. Call me tin foil hat if you want but even Landry is speaking out on the leagues treatment of the Browns and the way the appeal was handled. Hell ,Joe Thomas is calling for accountability from the league with his #releasethetapes tweets. Meanwhile Pouncey who landed something like 7 direct punches and two kicks to the head gets his suspension reduced. Ogunjobi who basically just shoved a guy to the ground has his not reduced?? Icing on the cake Rudolph the instigator of the entire damn thing gets 0 suspension.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Gorka said:

You act like this is the first time in recorded history an opponent has swung a helmet at another player in a game.  Fact is it’s not. Antonio Smith swung Ritchie Incognitos helmet at him in a game. He missed but the action occurred. He got suspended for 1 regular season game along with missing two preseason games. Hell Haynesworth spiked stomped a guy and got less. I don’t disagree that Myles should get some degree of suspension. That said the severity of his was 100% driven by public outcry amplified by today’s media and social media frenzy. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Hell Haynesworth spiked stomped a guy

Which is why I believe a helmet is no more a weapon than a player's cleats are. If that were the case, Haynesworth would have probably went to jail for felonious assault. Antonio Brown put his spikes in the head and neck area of Spencer Lanning while running full speed and people laughed about it. As pissed as I was about that it still isn't a crime but he should have got suspended for that.

All I'm saying is there needs to be some consistency. Myles Garrett's punishment does not fit the crime and isn't consistent with anything we've seen. He needs to file a grievance with the players union.

perhaps Troy Vincent should let himself be lightly whacked on the head by a guy who is being held, then let himself be stomped on by a 320 lb offensive lineman.

The force of the latter is by far worse. And, btw, again, KITCHENS referred to what was said to Miles on the field, right after the game, and said he wouldn't repeat it.

On what freaking basis was pouncey's suspension lifted anyways?

How can anyone watch the real video of that bs, and not suspend rudoolphus for at least one game, too?

meanwhile:

https://usatcardswire.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/usatsi_13666553.jpg?w=572&h=343&crop=1&zoom=2

"With the appeal, his final missed game will be the rematch between the Steelers and Browns, and he will suit up against the Cardinals.

The Cardinals play the Steelers and Browns on consecutive Sundays. They were going to avoid both Pouncey and Garrett. Instead, they will face a full Steelers squad and then the Browns without their top pass rusher."

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Anyone see the color of the guy that snapped the ball to Rudolph?   Seems REALLY strange that very same guy would fight for the guy that just used such a hateful word against his race.   It also seems strange that a guy that has African American WRs, RBs and OL beside Pouncey would throw the N word out. 

I could be wrong here but there was a cleat to the groin as well as an attempt to pry Garrett's helmet off by Rudolph that would have been sufficient enough to send Garrett over the edge.  I would have asked the committee why they are blowing off the first part that the networks have also very carefully edited out of the videos.  And then I'd ask, if if someone kills someone in self defense - should the trail only focus on the murder and put that person in jailed because he killed someone and F--- everything else. He killed someone and that's that?  No, it should focus on the WHY and purpose of action. Garrett and agent, should have attempted to get focus back to the entire video that includes the beginning with a cleat to the groin and Rudolph's attempt to take Garrett's helmet off first.   It would at least show Rudolph was wrong enough for consequences too - to the extent there would at least be more of an understanding to why Garrett lost it.  Then, he could admit using a helmet as a weapon should never be tolerated.  Right James Harrison?  James?   Shazier tried to do that too but he didn't have the same neck circumference of an oak tree Harrison has. Harrison gave Mo Mas a No Mas and he also knocked out Cribbs and McCoy.  Both Shazier and Harrison are heroes in Pittsburgh while Pouncey just joined them for exercising the sorority girl rage of slapping and kicking someone that was being restrained.

I've been all over the place about this whole thing until the meeting with the NFL.  Where this train flies right off the tracks with me is - it just seems really fishy that a guy who got that far out of control conveniently found the discipline all the way up until he met with the top of the NFL to whip out the race card. However, in doing so, Garrett's agent successfully recruits more players around the league to think he had his reasons a la Colin Kaepernick when he recruited enough knuckleheads to dis-respect the American Flag, National Anthem and all our troops past and present for his agenda disguised as race (he was adopted by a white family btw). The brand new strategy for Garrett's helmet swing also recognized that the person they were meeting with representing the NFL is an African American (James Thrash). Not for nothing but if Garrett would have mentioned this racial thing when he had the 1st mic in his face right after the game - it would have given the NFL sufficient time to research it prior to their meeting with Garrett. That didn't help the poker face...

In a year where the biggest theme about the Cleveland Browns is an epic "LACK OF DISCIPLINE" - our former #1 overall pick that is supposed to be a team leader chose "I before team" in 1 of the biggest lack of discipline episodes I have seen as a fan here. I would have been fine with an old school punch or shove reaction; but he chose a weapon against a complete sissy.   BTW, he was dirty against the harmless backup QBs that Jets put on the field too.  If anything, we WANT harmless backup QBs like Rudolph and the sweats for the Jets staying on the field.  When I see that kind of stuff from him - it makes me wonder if he's doing it for the team or himself.  If it's for the team, I'd see someone better prepared with restraint than we saw vrs the Jets or Pitt.  And when he's mentioning his top goal is to be a league MVP on a team that hasn't won more than 7 games since 2007 - that's a me instead of we.  So, where does he leave us today? tomorrow? the rest of the season?  Longer?  Watching another top investment we were really counting on not be able to take the field and help his team on Sundays.  Never had to be this way.  Inventing a racial slur in lieu of accountability for one's actions and integrity is something I'd rather see in Baltimore than here. 

Well said and spot on.  I'd love to read the posts on here had Dupree ripped off Baker's helmet and "love tapped" him on the head with it.  I have a feeling anything less than kicking him out of the league entirely would be conspiracy, but we will never know, because as it turns out, 99.999999999999% of the players in this league have more self control than that.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Holy fuck I can't wait until they play again so we can just talk football. 

No one is forcing anyone to engage in any particular thread of conversation.

I started 3 different threads that were on our next game....on the choice of the best 100 players in league history and that asked your opinion on various matters...none of which had to do with this event.........go to any one of them  to contribute.

Mason Rudolph fined 50K. Largest fine. Pretty suspicious after all the appeals this finally hit... #freemylesgarret #releasethetapes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-fines-mason-rudolph-dollar50000/ar-BBXegU0?ocid=spartandhp

Christ, they fined 33 players..  https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001079518/article/33-players-fined-qb-mason-rudolph-gets-50k     21 Jailers to 12 Browns include off the bench..And were the problem.. Myles gets 46K & season 💩    

This whole thing is basically a big joke like the average working guy getting fined $500 +/-.

Rudolph may appeal the fine, and he’d have a good case for getting the amount reduced. Players who do not have any prior offenses usually get fines reduced as excessive if the amount of the fine exceeds 25 percent of the player’s weekly salary. Rudolph’s weekly salary is $38,722, so this fine is more than 100 percent of his weekly salary.

Saturday morning, it was revealed that quarterback Mason Rudolph had been fined for his role in the brawl between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns. Hours later, the league revealed that they had finished handing out punishments for this incident. In total, the NFL fined 33 players for their actions on Nov. 14, totaling $732,422.

Shortly after the game between these AFC North rivals, it was revealed that each franchise had been docked $250,000, accounting for $500K of the total number. However, sources had told NFL insider Ian Rapoport that 10 other figures would be fined for their actions. This ultimately turned into a very modest estimate considering that the league listed triple that amount on the official breakdown of fines.

So 21 Steeler Players and 12 Browns players(all but Jarvis Landry were on the field at the time)…. 

10 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

So 21 Steeler Players and 12 Browns players(all but Jarvis Landry were on the field at the time)…. 

Yeah and $3,507 most carry that in their wallets or spend it on a night out.