THE BROWNS BOARD

The Truth about Myles/Rudolph

jrb12711

well, Troy Vincent SAID, Ogunjobi got a one game suspension because what he did could possibly have

re-escalated the melee. my paraphrase.

well, what does he call a kick to the groin, chasing after a held Garrett and trying to beat up on him?

Troy, that is bogus hypocrisy and surely you know it.

and the NFL broke their own rules again by keeping the indefinate suspension?

first time offense?

it's the Browns. They got po'd at all of us, and screwed the Browns over when we got them back. No other expansion team

has ever been treated that way.

Browns player takes off his helmet, immediate penalty called. ok.

I've seen players do it every so often, it's never called.

I'm just happy that Pouncey didn't get his suspension cut to one game, so he'd be back to play the Browns.

I guess that would have been to obvious. Now we know - the squealers have yet another scumbag qb.

Bitch. 

Myles should've used the crown...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I wonder how far this will escalate? Apparently the QB is always mic’d up, so theoretically this is easily verified. But perhaps the audio recording was deleted? Standard procedure after a game and all. Who could have possibly thought that recording might be pertinent?

You'd think after one of the biggest fights the NFL has seen in a minute that the recording to the events leading up to it would have been very pertinent. 

• Like 1

rich frat boy kid is being far to kind? Rudolph is a non-talented, cockeyed puss with the arm talent of a 6 yard dart pass..this puss won't see another starting job..Than still continue to Blame Garrett for it...

Rudolph was Mic'd up?  was it filed in Roger's desk drawer, next to the Ray Rice tape that Roger forgot to watch before it aired by error on TMZ?  8wb4.gif        vGa.gif     H E L P !! :D       

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You'd think after one of the biggest fights the NFL has seen in a minute that the recording to the events leading up to it would have been very pertinent. 

I think he was being sarcastic. You're right though. 

30 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I wonder how far this will escalate? Apparently the QB is always mic’d up, so theoretically this is easily verified. But perhaps the audio recording was deleted? Standard procedure after a game and all. Who could have possibly thought that recording might be pertinent?

Magically in this rivalry game on Thursday night where players especially QBs are always mic'd up there were no mics on anyone according to the NFL 

5 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Again...why are we just hearing bout the racial epithet now...please.....dude is lying..

Just admit you lost your shit...agree to counseling and get your suspension overwith.

Have you really NOT been paying attention?   Either to what had been happening or to what I have been saying?  Immediately after the game,  Freddie Kitchens came out and said that Rudolph said something to Myles "that he would not repeat here".    I caught that right away...and speculated (presumed) what it was about right away. 

When you ask why "we" are just hearing about it now...its because we is you...and you must just not have been paying attention.

And...NO ONE is claiming that he did not lose his shit (and he did admit that....where were you for that as well?), and he knows he has to do counseling No claim that he shouldn't do that.  

What were ARE saying is this:

A. The league ignored the facts and only focused on the optics. 

B. The league violated the CBA by issuing an indefinite suspension....which is disallowed in the CBA. 

C. The league may be playing baby Donald by hiding a potential recording that has the verbal encounter between those two on it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Again...why are we just hearing bout the racial epithet now...please.....dude is lying..

Just admit you lost your shit...agree to counseling and get your suspension overwith.

Once again, it was rumored the night of the game that Rudolph did this. This isn't just coming out of nowhere.

15 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Dude there were murmurs of it the night of the game.  Freddie said he would not repeat what Myles told him rudolph said the night of the fight. 

39 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

that's on you & pittstits..fred's post game presser is out there.. start there..  on a football field, I'd be shocked if both refs coming in did not hear it. And they might be part of investigating it..Kvoethe, you can get away with any profanity word in the book...but toss in some racial words? Somebody's covering Everybody...and the league wasted no time once this story was released..

Haha Myles: "I know what I heard".  That's right Myles, keep sticking to your lie cause you aint got no choice.

What did the Red Nose steeler do Myles, whisper it into your ear? Twenty players on the field , surely someone could vouch for you.

You guys paint Rudolf a racial slur guy just so you can defend Myles.  Rudolf aint no racial slur guy. He's clearly a  pajama boy liberal fucktard Pittsburgh squeeler. 

First... no one was "mic'd up" for the game. NFL Films does the mic'ing up and they did not elect to do so that nite. That said.... A nationally televised game gets more cameras and field mics than regional games, so there might be some sound out there somewhere...

Second... appeals are all about impressing the appeals honchos with your sincere regrets for whatever you did... and that starts with how you dress. I saw MG arriving at the league office and literally said aloud, "Oh shit." He wore an electric blue suit over a turtleneck to a setting that demanded a medium gray over a white shirt with a dark green tie. Visuals matter... I assure you Myles started off in a hole.

On top of the above he springs "the slur". True or not it rings of excuse... and that's not what you want to project.

I agree with those that expect the NFLPA to sue.

Last... Today, NFL Live essentially did an entire show on Myles' "revelation". Consensus was that while , if true, it helped to understand his reaction, it would not impact his punishment. Only one "panelist", Ryan Clark,  commented that they had already heard that a slur was involved.

Ryan also alluded to Rudolph having some social media history with "racial issues" ... deleted tweets and the like... but neither Ryan nor google has elaborated.

I have to restate that to not have replaced "indefinite" with a number, is just wrong...

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Haha Myles: "I know what I heard".  That's right Myles, keep sticking to your lie cause you aint got no choice.

What did the Red Nose steeler do Myles, whisper it into your ear? Twenty players on the field , surely someone could vouch for you.

You guys paint Rudolf a racial slur guy just so you can defend Myles.  Rudolf aint no racial slur guy. He's clearly a  pajama boy liberal fucktard Pittsburgh squeeler. 

There we go.

You should really go back to the Politics Board, where mouth-breathers like you flourish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I have to restate that to not have replaced "indefinite" with a number, is just wrong...

I have to agree with you on all counts. One thing that I haven't heard anywhere else comes from Locked On Browns podcast immediately following the game, and the guest commentator said someone told him he overheard Myles calling Rudolph a cracker ass bitch or something like that. I'd have to listen again to the show, but he definitely said something to that extent, and it reinforces that there was a racial component to the incident. Now of course NONE of this is substantiated, but it was the first and only time I heard anything about Myles calling Rudolph a name. The podcast made it seem like Garrett was extremely upset (duh) and saying all kinds of things. 

Bottom line is we're not likely to ever know what happened. My gut feeling is that Rudolph definitely said SOMETHING to escalate the situation, but I actually have a hard time believing he dropped an N bomb with so many people who might hear it, ya know? There are certain lines you don't cross, but then again, SOMETHING got Myles fired up, so who really knows? 

31 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I have to agree with you on all counts. One thing that I haven't heard anywhere else comes from Locked On Browns podcast immediately following the game, and the guest commentator said someone told him he overheard Myles calling Rudolph a cracker ass bitch or something like that. I'd have to listen again to the show, but he definitely said something to that extent, and it reinforces that there was a racial component to the incident. Now of course NONE of this is substantiated, but it was the first and only time I heard anything about Myles calling Rudolph a name. The podcast made it seem like Garrett was extremely upset (duh) and saying all kinds of things. 

Bottom line is we're not likely to ever know what happened. My gut feeling is that Rudolph definitely said SOMETHING to escalate the situation, but I actually have a hard time believing he dropped an N bomb with so many people who might hear it, ya know? There are certain lines you don't cross, but then again, SOMETHING got Myles fired up, so who really knows? 

Who really knows what got Myles fired up???

Look at the video when Myles right after he wrapped up Rudolf and threw him to the ground. Poor Rudolf didn't like it and began pulling Myles helmet off his head. Imagine another player trying to pull your helmet off. I'd certainly be pissed. That's when it gets personal. 

Watch carefully at :32, Rudolf nearly has Myles helmet half way off!  Racial slur my fucking ass.

The whole thing is just so bizarre. I still don't understand how it even became public knowledge because Myles literally told NOBODY about it inside the locker room, other than presumably his coach (who won't comment). I don't see what Myles had to gain by fabricating the slur. Surely he would have known that there'd be no way to corroborate it. At the same time, I ALSO have a hard time believing someone would use those words. I realize there is still a lot of hate in this country, but I can't see it happening. 

Ugh. I'm just so over it. Miami can't come fast enough. I don't remember EVER being so excited for a season to start, and now that I'm past the shock and disappointment of us almost certainly not making the playoffs, I can adjust my expectations and find other ways to enjoy this season. Perhaps the most damaging aspect of the incident was how it seemed to totally ruin one of the biggest wins we've had in a long time. A total bummer, but maybe winning a few more games will wipe away the sour taste of such an ugly altercation. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Who really knows what got Myles fired up???

Look at the video when Myles right after he wrapped up Rudolf and threw him to the ground. Poor Rudolf didn't like it and began pulling Myles helmet off his head. Imagine another player trying to pull your helmet off. I'd certainly be pissed. That's when it gets personal. 

Watch carefully at :32, Rudolf nearly has Myles helmet half way off!  Racial slur my fucking ass.

You don't have  a clue as to what was being said when they were scuffling. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Jeez...

Now we have Myles Smollet out there.  Recall Jussie Smollett, that piece of shit democrat who lied about 2 guys wearing MAGA hats beating him up and using racial slurs....and like Myles still insists it happened.

jussie.png

Why am I getting the impression that YOU are the one doing the race baiting.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Have you really NOT been paying attention?   Either to what had been happening or to what I have been saying?  Immediately after the game,  Freddie Kitchens came out and said that Rudolph said something to Myles "that he would not repeat here".    I caught that right away...and speculated (presumed) what it was about right away. 

When you ask why "we" are just hearing about it now...its because we is you...and you must just not have been paying attention.

And...NO ONE is claiming that he did not lose his shit (and he did admit that....where were you for that as well?), and he knows he has to do counseling No claim that he shouldn't do that.  

What were ARE saying is this:

A. The league ignored the facts and only focused on the optics. 

B. The league violated the CBA by issuing an indefinite suspension....which is disallowed in the CBA. 

C. The league may be playing baby Donald by hiding a potential recording that has the verbal encounter between those two on it. 

You can believe what you want...I can believe what I want.  Either way it sucks for our team.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But here you are taking the "If my grandmother had wings she could fly"  position.

I don't see how.

Something COULD take place, if a condition precedent had occurred.  But that is not the way the law operates, (but maybe it is the way that NFL internal jurisprudence operates......"we only act if some thing looks bad...not if it was actually bad"  

You take your victim based on the damage done.

To a degree.

Take a situation I had:   a person is driving his car.  He is driving his car a bit too fast, and his  attention is diverted for a moment because he dropped a cigarette in his lap., and at that moment a person walks off the sidewalk onto a crosswalk.  The driver of the car sees him at the very  last moment and swerves..and crashes his car into a pole.   Here, you are taking the position of the enraged pedestrian who demands:   "He could have killed me....He must be punished as if he did kill me, because he was reckless".

Brother, you know that's not an accurate analogy. Did the driver of the car rip off the pedestrian's helmet off and beat him in the head with it?

Well...NO.  He is NOT to be punished as if he killed you.  His recklessness did not harm you.  But, it looked real bad because he was coming at you. But because you were insulted and made afraid does not require maximum charges or penalties.  He can and should be charged with a couple of minor offenses...failure to control, failure to pay full time and attention to the operation of his motor vehicle...but NOT vehicular homicide, since, in reality, no harm was suffered by you. 

Last I knew, Myles is not in jail.