THE BROWNS BOARD

The Truth about Myles/Rudolph

jrb12711

41 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

How the fuck did his suspension get reduced?

The same way anyone does: They hand out punishment, player appeals it, usually gets punishment reduced. Happens all the time. If they feel the infraction is egregious (which they obviously did with Myles) then it doesn't get reduced. No mystery here. 

I really can’t believe this happens three years ago and it was two preseason games and one reg, and the Cba says a player can’t be suspended for an on field infraction for the season and they did.  The nfl can’t even follow there own rules when it comes to the browns.  Yet mason gets nothing and pouncy gets two instead of three.  And our other guy gets one, for what? So the nfl is telling us that pushing down a stillers qb is only half as bad as kicking a browns player while he’s on the ground and punching him 6 times.  Ok nfl you have no bias. 

2 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

I really can’t believe this happens three years ago and it was two preseason games and one reg, and the Cba says a player can’t be suspended for an on field infraction for the season and they did.  The nfl can’t even follow there own rules when it comes to the browns.  Yet mason gets nothing and pouncy gets two instead of three.  And our other guy gets one, for what? So the nfl is telling us that pushing down a stillers qb is only half as bad as kicking a browns player while he’s on the ground and punching him 6 times.  Ok nfl you have no bias. 

Browns' fan has to stop playing the role of the victim. It helps nothing. The man swung and hit a player in the naked head with a helmet. He could have killed him. They had to come down hard or risk having their balls sued off.  The NFL knows future suits are coming up re: CTE, etc. ANYTHING related to head trauma must be overly addressed for fear of losing future suits. It is very obvious. They have to build their case at every corner, proving the league did care about limiting CTE across the board. 

I'm pretty sure I heard rumors about Rudolph using a racial epithet towards Myles the night that it happened.

I have no idea where the rumors came from, though.  

And considering your recent use of the term "Jew Boy" Gorka, I have a sneaking suspicion what your agenda is. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Icecube said:

The same way anyone does: They hand out punishment, player appeals it, usually gets punishment reduced. Happens all the time. If they feel the infraction is egregious (which they obviously did with Myles) then it doesn't get reduced. No mystery here. 

Dude kicked someone in the head which is on video yet our guy gets the max. The way the Steelers and Pats get treated in relationship to the rest of NFL is sickening.

26 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The school?  - No

Some of the people? - Big yes.  

No. No they won't.  

I'm not the biggest on conspiracy theories but do you think The Shield is about to let the starting QB for one of their "cornerstone" franchises drop N-Bombs and them release it?   The backlash would be worse than what you see now which is something they cannot afford re: public image.       Besides, it doesn't change the fact that Myles acted a fool.      People can say whatever to get you fucked up, how you respond means the most in the eyes of the refs and the NFL.      Classic phrase "sticks and stones".      edit:  And we already know what Goodell does when he actually has evidence on tape just judging off past incidents. 

That's my point if he didn't say it they would release it because it does them no harm. If he did say it they won't admit it or release the audio because everything you just said.  With everything that happened with Kaepernick if there was a subpar white qb who is starting in the league was on tape saying a racial slur it would be an absolute mess. 

Gentlemen and Ladies.

Here again, I will delve into legal matters and I will explain: 

Why the statement that Miles heard racial slurs out of Rudolph is highly credible.   In fact, it relates to another proceeding that is going on right now wherein related concepts apply.

It is called the "Exceptions to Hearsay rules" 

Among other exceptions to this rule are the following:

(1) Present Sense Impression. A statement describing or explaining an event or condition, made while or immediately after the declarant perceived it.

(2) Excited Utterance. A statement relating to a startling event or condition, made while the declarant was under the stress of excitement that it caused.

For purposes of this,  a "statement"  can include an "action"  or "reaction" taken by a person or party.  

If a person reacts in a certain way to an event or circumstance, and that reaction is made during that event or situation...or immediately after that event occurs...that statement..or reaction in this case,   can....in a trial type situation be given high evidential credibility as to the veracity thereof. 

So...in this case, we have someone, who under normal circumstances is generally a person of calm demeanor.  But something occurred that incensed him and caused him to act in a wholly uncharacteristic manner. His reaction to that "unknown event"  enraged him and caused him to act in the way we all saw on the video.

Ergo, his claim that he was incited by being called a racial epithet can be considered highly reliable evidence because of the visible and instantaneous stressful and excited action that occurred. 

11 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Browns' fan has to stop playing the role of the victim. It helps nothing. The man swung and hit a player in the naked head with a helmet. He could have killed him. They had to come down hard or risk having their balls sued off.  The NFL knows future suits are coming up re: CTE, etc. ANYTHING related to head trauma must be overly addressed for fear of losing future suits. It is very obvious. They have to build their case at every corner, proving the league did care about limiting CTE across the board. 

First off if the rules are not going to applied equally than what the hell is the point.  And that is the point.  The browns have been at the short end every dam time.  And looking at this say well this or that could of happened is bullshit.  You have to look at the out come and mason got hit with pads.  And the fact that mason got no suspension shows the bias and just how much of a pile of shit this is.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gorka said:

The truth about Myles is that he is a liar.

You've seen this played before. Black man does something criminal, black man plays the race card to draw sympathy. Too bad it was automatic for Myles too.

liar.jpggif upload site

https://nypost.com/2019/11/21/browns-teammates-didnt-see-myles-garrett-racial-slur-twist-coming/

So Mason's lawyer came out and said he didn't.  Surprise. It's exactly what he should say.

That's a typical misleading headline. All his teammates said they weren't aware (none were near the play) but myles is not one to lie about it. Again exactly what you would expect them to say they aren't gonna call their teammate a liar. Mason rudolph was mic'd up. This is very easily proven true or 95% proven false but the nfl will not release audio

16 minutes ago, Icecube said:

But here you are taking the "If my grandmother had wings she could fly"  position.

Something COULD take place, if a condition precedent had occurred.  But that is not the way the law operates, (but maybe it is the way that NFL internal jurisprudence operates......"we only act if some thing looks bad...not if it was actually bad"  

You take your victim based on the damage done.

Take a situation I had:   a person is driving his car.  He is driving his car a bit too fast, and his  attention is diverted for a moment because he dropped a cigarette in his lap., and at that moment a person walks off the sidewalk onto a crosswalk.  The driver of the car sees him at the very  last moment and swerves..and crashes his car into a pole.   Here, you are taking the position of the enraged pedestrian who demands:   "He could have killed me....He must be punished as if he did kill me, because he was reckless".

Well...NO.  He is NOT to be punished as if he killed you.  His recklessness did not harm you.  But, it looked real bad because he was coming at you. But because you were insulted and made afraid does not require maximum charges or penalties.  He can and should be charged with a couple of minor offenses...failure to control, failure to pay full time and attention to the operation of his motor vehicle...but NOT vehicular homicide, since, in reality, no harm was suffered by you. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Gorka said:

The truth about Myles is that he is a liar.

You've seen this played before. Black man does something criminal, black man plays the race card to draw sympathy. Too bad it was automatic for Myles too.

liar.jpggif upload site

https://nypost.com/2019/11/21/browns-teammates-didnt-see-myles-garrett-racial-slur-twist-coming/

Or, well, maybe YOU just want it to be a lie, whether it is or not.  And my explanation above explains how it is highly credible that he is telling the truth. 

And while it is true...Garrett did not publicly assert the allegation in the immediate aftermath of the game....Freddie Kitchens did say "something was said by Rudolph to Garrett that I will not repeat here".  

ERGO, the claim WAS asserted essentially right away. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I believe him

EJ73fhSWwAAfVvl.jpeg

As I said earlier Myles is the type of guy to hold that close to the vest because he knows the impact that could have on masons career.  He told kitchens and kitchens said mason said something to him and he could not repeat it.  Good for Garrett I believe him.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Gentlemen and Ladies.

Here again, I will delve into legal matters and I will explain: 

Why the statement that Miles heard racial slurs out of Rudolph is highly credible.   In fact, it relates to another proceeding that is going on right now wherein related concepts apply.

It is called the "Exceptions to Hearsay rules" 

Among other exceptions to this rule are the following:

(1) Present Sense Impression. A statement describing or explaining an event or condition, made while or immediately after the declarant perceived it.

(2) Excited Utterance. A statement relating to a startling event or condition, made while the declarant was under the stress of excitement that it caused.

For purposes of this,  a "statement"  can include an "action"  or "reaction" taken by a person or party.  

If a person reacts in a certain way to an event or circumstance, and that reaction is made during that even or situation...or immediately after that event occurs...that statement..or reaction in this case,   can....in a trial type situation be given high evidential credibility as to the veracity thereof. 

So...in this case, we have someone, who under normal circumstances is generally a person of calm demeanor.  But something occurred that incensed him and caused him to act in a wholly uncharacteristic manner. His reaction to that "unknown event"  enraged him and caused him to act in the way we all saw on the video.

Ergo, his claim that he was incited by being called a racial epithet can be considered highly reliable evidence because of the visible and instantaneous stressful and excited action that occurred. 

So, it's a convenient truth.

There is not enough mass to hold galaxies together.  So, adding a sufficient amount of dark matter to the equation makes the computer model work.

There seems to be more rage than expected, so add racial slur and the model works. 

-----------------

Ya know, if Myles says that he heard it said and that he's not making it up to be a convenient explanation for his rage......then I'm going to accept it as truth.  

29 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

With what little you have to go on, that's outrageous and slightly surprising that it's coming from you.

Little?   Very bold of you to presume that I didn't have family in Austin and haven't been too a couple Longhorns games along with an Aggies game. 

And you're right about it coming from me.  Considering I'm not one to open my mouth unless it's something I'm confident speaking on, received from a trusted source or have experienced first hand.

16 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

So Mason's lawyer came out and said he didn't.  Surprise. It's exactly what he should say.

That's a typical misleading headline. All his teammates said they weren't aware (none were near the play) but myles is not one to lie about it. Again exactly what you would expect them to say they aren't gonna call their teammate a liar. Mason rudolph was mic'd up. This is very easily proven true or 95% proven false but the nfl will not release audio

Again, the best evidence of the veracity of his claim is his reaction to the event immediately as it happened.  

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Little?   Very bold of you to presume that I didn't have family in Austin and haven't been too a couple Longhorns games along with an Aggies game. 

It’s bad form to grammar smack talk earlier in the thread and then pull an incorrect use of a double o too later on. Just sayin’.

Just now, Ibleedbrown said:

It’s bad form to grammar smack talk earlier in the thread and then pull an incorrect use of a double o too later on. Just sayin’.

Meh, the application of that doesn't bother me so much as the very obvious incorrect usage of a possessive vs indicator. 

MINOR double standard ;)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Orion said:

So, it's a convenient truth.

There is not enough mass to hold galaxies together.  So, adding a sufficient amount of dark matter to the equation makes the computer model work.

There seems to be more rage than expected, so add racial slur and the model works. 

Well, I kind of limited my analogies to more mundane, understandable human factual situations.  If I knew I had to try to relate it to the Cosmos, I would have asked my son if he could arrange a consultation with the Cornell Astronomy and Space Sciences Dept. (once headed by Carl Sagan)  

-----------------:lol:

Ya know, if Myles says that he heard it said and that he's not making it up to be a convenient explanation for his rage......then I'm going to accept it as truth.  

Beyond that, this is a very specific, applicable,  and logical legal principle. 

Edit.  an example:   If I hit your hand with a hammer, and you cry out loud, and shake your hand and call me a motherfucker....and then try to hit me back..   That is credible evidence that I conducted some behavior that cause you to act that way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Little?   Very bold of you to presume that I didn't have family in Austin and haven't been too a couple Longhorns games along with an Aggies game. 

And you're right about it coming from me.  Considering I'm not one to open my mouth unless it's something I'm confident speaking on, received from a trusted source or have experienced first hand.

Never heard it once when I was enrolled, but it was rampant the one game you went...hmmmmm.  

Basically we’re either saying Rudolph is a liar or Myles is a liar. That is the truth, the third Perspective that actually happened. Myles would have to be the lowest of humans to lie. Does it really make sense for him to do all that and possibly ruin his career without something drastic like that? Rudolph had cause to do something stupid, he initiated it and charged Myles, so you think it’s beyond the scope of him saying anything? Either the league releases the audio, or to me it’s admitting Rudolph is at fault and Myles is telling the truth. I just don’t think Myles has a lot to gain by lying unless you believe he’s a completely trash human, and that I don’t believe. Rudolph embodies the frat boy rich kid who thinks he’s invincible from every college and has never got his ass kicked. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Basically we’re either saying Rudolph is a liar or Myles is a liar. That is the truth, the third Perspective that actually happened. Myles would have to be the lowest of humans to lie. Does it really make sense for him to do all that and possibly ruin his career without something drastic like that? Rudolph had cause to do something stupid, he initiated it and charged Myles, so you think it’s beyond the scope of him saying anything? Either the league releases the audio, or to me it’s admitting Rudolph is at fault and Myles is telling the truth. I just don’t think Myles has a lot to gain by lying unless you believe he’s a completely trash human, and that I don’t believe. Rudolph embodies the frat boy rich kid who thinks he’s invincible from every college and has never got his ass kicked. 

I have explained a couple of times Why Myles statement is reliable. 

• Upvote 1

"He's being villainized by it," Heyward said. "He said, 'I'm going to be labeled as that.' I just don't think that's right. That's my teammate. I'm going to fight for him. I'm going to do what's best for him. That kid made a bad mistake, but he never crossed the line when he talked about a racial slur."

Of course mason teammates like myles teammates are supporting their guy but I found the part where cam said "that kid made a bad mistake". So bad that he didn't even get a suspension.