THE BROWNS BOARD

The Truth about Myles/Rudolph

jrb12711

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

I brought this up to several people to include on the board. I just don't get why Garrett would have gone insane like he did without this sort of fact occurring. Honestly, on top of Mason's almost lawyer-esque pre-written speech AND his noted douchy behavior? It's not something to discredit. 

• Upvote 3

racial slur - Kitchens referred to something rudolph said, that he wouldn't repeat.

sure sounds like a possibility rudoofus baited Miles. on purpose.

at least should be investigated.

• Upvote 1

Today, all i've been hearing is how Mason Rudolph also used a racial slur at Myles during the fight before he went berserk.

Like I said before, like the Japanese film Rashomon, there's three different stories. Myles perspective of what happened, Rudolphs perspective of what happened, and what actually happened.

The media only showed the sack and Myles hitting Rudolphs head in slow motion. They left out when Rudolph charged Myles. They painted Rudolph to be the victim and he played the victim.

But when it gels down to the bottomline, he was immensely provoked. I believe I stated this from the beginning, that this is out of character for Myles and that I wouldn't be surprised if Rudolph said something racial or extremely offensive to Myles since he reacted that way. And low and behold, that's what comes out today. Kitchen said he wouldn't repeat what Rudolph told Myles and Rudolph said "Words were said". Apparently they were bad words.

Gipper, Tour, even Cal in many aspects were correct also.

If you look at this situation objectively, Myles dropped Rudolph, he initiated his helmet and tried to take it off first, kicked him in the balls, and called him a racial slur. Then instead of Decastro grabbing Rudolph and holding him back, he grabs Myles, and Rudolph charges him trying to yell something and get a punch in. Then with the only free hand Myles has, he whacks him.

Yes it was a horrible thing to do and Myles should be punished, but the truth comes out. Myles was punched by a man in his car and didn't react. It's totally unlike him to hit Rudolph.

Ask yourself who initiated the fight, who antagonized the fight, who kept it going, who chased after who, and who just snapped because another man was literally trying to fight him.

Ask yourself if Larry O, who was sticking up for his teammate against a punk who initiated a fight against him deserves a suspension for pushing him down.

Rudolph is an entitled Frat Boy and the fact that he didn't get suspended is ridiculous. He should get the same as Myles, I said it from day one.

I wonder how the players in the league are going to treat Rudolph after this information today.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Lost all respect for Garrett...talk about low hanging fruit.  He has never been called the n word or worse in his entire career.

Garret has Liabetes.

The CBA doesnt allow indefinite suspensions...so wtf??

I always assumed something like that was said.

Kitchens was asked in the post game and he said he wouldn’t repeat what he was told. Kinda thought this was a given. Hell, even the old lady at my work said that’s what happened the day after, also noticed how Rudolph had a shit eating grin on his face in the last huddle right after the whole thing happened.  

Freaking 60 year old woman casual fan notices this stuff but the NFL can’t figure it out.

Pouncey got reduced, Rudolph didn't even get suspended, and Ogunjobi and Garrett's penalties are unchanged?  

Sounds about right.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Lost all respect for Garrett...talk about low hanging fruit.  He has never been called the n word or worse in his entire career.

Garret has Liabetes.

Dude went to A&M....   I'd bet you my money, car, savings, checking, etc etc that its been dropped on him AT LEAST once.  

• Like 3

So,  the league enforcer hands down a suspension which under the CBA is not permitted.   The arbirtrator, on appeal, upholds an impermissible suspension.   They also uphold the wholly non egregious suspension on Ogunjobi. .. a mere push in the back,  which at most should maybe have been a personal foul.......and reduce the the suspension for the act that actually probably caused the most physical damage....the stomp on the head by the Steeler player. 

So, two possible things come out of this:  

A.  By violating the CBA with an impermissible suspension, they clearly, even the arbitrator had ONLY the optics....the PR considerations in view...and not the facts or the "law" (i.e. the terms and agreements of the CBA).   And by doing that, they have probably bought themselves a lawsuit.  Which, clearly, apparently they could care less about, as they obviously have money to burn

B.  And with that, I think they have also painted themselves into a corner in the next CBA negotiations.  The NFLPA should never agree to allow something like this to happen again.....where the arbitrator apparently is wholly taking his cues and directives from the league office.  I see a fight on their hands over the disciplinary procedures that will be instituted under that next CBA.  See my thread on the new CBA for my ideas on that.

C. IF they thought that by sticking to their guns on the suspension was going to give them a public relations push.....they may have just undone all that by totally ignoring the fact that allegedly...and apparently, Rudolph was spewing racial epithets.  If that is believed to be true....the league may have a lot of explaining to do about just brushing that fact....the provocation off.  That...PLUS, if they continue to blackball Kaepernick (not sure if that has changed)  the league will a big problem when dealing with their minority players.\

D. It also brings up the whole:  "the league shows favoritism toward certain teams".  The Steelers have always been one of those teams.  The legacy of the Rooney family has always seemed to make the league favor them.   By ignoring the provocation...the physical actions of one of the squib players;  by ignoring the provocation of the alleged racial slurs;  by their ruling that only the Steeler player gets a reduction in the suspension...that specter of favoritism raises its head, Big Time.    Now, Jimmah the worm will not likely even express a little cat's mew  in objection to this.  He seems to be not only gutless in areas like this, and deferential...he is also completely  disrepected and ignored among league ownership circles.  I put an article up here somewhere on that as well.

So....what do the Browns do?   The one big thing they can...and should do.....Kick the everloving shit out of the Steelers on the field.  They are a better team with better players....they SHOULD do that.   But then, will the league allow that?  Do NOT be surprised if the worst, most fucked up, most bizarre  penalties and rulings are made against the Browns in that game.  Our owner gets no respect, our HC gets no respect....I think the league may feel that because the Browns have been so crappy for so long that it does not matter to their image if they discriminate against the Browns on many levels.  But, our guys have to show up strong even in the face of having to play against the Steelers, the refs, AND against the league office. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, they will just have to suck it up, buttercup.  If this suspension is impermissible...they HAVE to challenge it.   Or go away.

You can say that again....😂

IDK, ya'll. I truly tend to keep myself objective as possible. You're not going to find me waving a round a #freemyles flag any time soon, and I still think the man deserved a hefty suspension.

I just can't shake the way Rudolph (and his lawyers) have responded to these things the last couple days. I mean, maybe Rudolph is just the typical "my dad's a lawyer" douche who is too much of a coward to speak his mind once he realized he wasn't seen as a golden boy. But with how 'lawyer-esque' his pre-written, no questions statement was yesterday and now hiding behind a lawyer? It's just really odd to me. I'm not going to say I believe one side or the other. But how Rudolph has responded once the dust settles is just suspicious to me.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Dude went to A&M....   I'd bet you my money, car, savings, checking, etc etc that its been dropped on him AT LEAST once.  

Sure.  Everyone loves a bet they'll never know the results of and based entirely off someone's biased instincts.  I say your full of it, when can I pick up the keys?

• Thanks 1

#1) fuck Espn (so no i did not read it)

#2) who that works for that affiliate has anything positive to say about the Browns?

#3) clearly this writer is leaking a racial story that only belonged staying in that suspension hearing walls.. (who leaked it?)

#4) Soon after this story was released, the League had to respond with judgement (this kinda news don't hit till Friday's.the writer even prints it as announced Friday*)

#5) So They did, by doing what they want by ignoring any of there printed wordings containing amount of games or Players Union

#6) Then they put Myles on Rogers Exempt List without saying it

Conspiracy Theory? that's mine... Cause were only* The Browns!!

Myles won't hear from the Evil Empire till Evil Roger says so.. read ya than..

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Sure.  Everyone loves a bet they'll never know the results of and based entirely off someone's biased instincts.  I say your full of it, when can I pick up the keys?

It's more of an expression for those of us that don't take something so literally.

But you can pick up the keys and take it to Homecoming the minute you pass 5th grade English.    Just make sure to bring it back with a full tank.  

• Haha 1

Wouldn't put it past that frat-boy piece of shit. His liked a bunch of alt-right tweets and his a proud Trump supporter. I'm sure a large section of the MAGA crowd and piss-stealer fans will say some BS like it's his First Amendment right etc but this is what happens when say racist stuff to black peoples faces instead of behind a mask or keyboard. Hopefully this fires up our mostly African-American Defense and they Tee off on his ass in 10 days. This sorta prove what I said before in an earlier thread. Myles is Mild-Mannered. He does charity around the community, has a bunch of hobbies besides football and was even decked in face by some weirdo earlier in the year after taking a pic with him and shrugged it off and laugh. His was called soft last year by several poster and thou I shall not name called him a "Zumba" a many of times. I'm glad Garrett taught Mason a lesson and hopefully this pulls the team together and Pittsburgh apart as I'm sure someone like Ju-Ju will be looking at the dude sideways from now on.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

It's more of an expression for those of us that don't take something so literally.

But you can pick up the keys and take it to Homecoming the minute you pass 5th grade English.    Just make sure to bring it back with a full tank.  

So you literally didn't suggest A&M is a racist school?

YOU'RE being a bit presumptuous. 

Ok here we go. First off anyone that knows anything about Myles knows he is about as mild tempered as you can get.  So as I have watched the fight several times he is my break down.  First Myles takes down mason.  At this point I imagine Myles had a big smile on his face and probably said something along the lines of it’s all over, or he’ll yeah.  Then cry baby tries to rip his helmet off and this is where I think he said it.    It’s like a switch and he came alive and that’s why he ripped his helmet off like he did.  And this point it’s over and then dick head come back for more.  So after the game during the presser,  kitchens eluded to this saying Myles told me what mason said and I can not repeat it.  If this is true and mason did say it that says a lot about Myles character by not just blurting it out on the field or after the game because of the damage that is caused by that to a reputation. Now me speculating Myles probably though well I know mason is not a racist and just something he said in the moment and the nfl will take this into account and all will be worked out.  Well it didn’t and of course the nfl is fucking the browns and letting the stillers off the hook. 

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Garret has Liabetes.

Why did you lose all respect for Garrett.  Mason was mic'd up. If he truly didn't say it the NFL would release it. They should release it right now. Either it will never see the light of day or it will get corrupted or we will get it in a couple weeks when they have had time to clean the audio. Think about it the last thing the nfl wants right now is a sub par starting white qb caught on tape using a racial slur.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

So you literally didn't suggest A&M is a racist school?

YOU'RE being a bit presumptuous. 

The school?  - No

Some of the people? - Big yes.  

7 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

If he truly didn't say it the NFL would release it.

No. No they won't.  

I'm not the biggest on conspiracy theories but do you think The Shield is about to let the starting QB for one of their "cornerstone" franchises drop N-Bombs and them release it?   The backlash would be worse than what you see now which is something they cannot afford re: public image.       Besides, it doesn't change the fact that Myles acted a fool.      People can say whatever to get you fucked up, how you respond means the most in the eyes of the refs and the NFL.      Classic phrase "sticks and stones".      edit:  And we already know what Goodell does when he actually has evidence on tape just judging off past incidents. 

• Upvote 1