THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie Dealing with Myles

MLD Woody

Does anyone here have any confidence in Freddie to do everything a leader and head coach should do in dealing with Myles? From discipline to working with him to learn from this when he's back. 

I just haven't seen anything from Freddie this year to make me think he can handle that part of being a head coach. Respect, discipline, teacher, etc. 

He just wasn't ready for the role, and we've seen evidence of that during games as well. Game management, the penalties, etc. 

I don’t think you’ll get much push back here, but I’m pretty sure the NFL and the court of public opinion will get the job done re: Myles Garrett. 

There’s a reason courts differentiate premeditated crimes and crimes of passion. The dude lost his head and did inexcusable shit that will not be excused, as inexcusable shit is wont to do. 

No coach wants to coach the passion out of any player, but rather direct that passion, and frankly, that’s pretty much the pinnacle of coaching. The self actualization of coaching, the top tier of the craft, and expecting a rookie HC to be that guy is a tall order. 

I’m more concerned with Freddie navigating the rest of the team after this than l am his ability to coach up Myles Garrett in light of this. I’m pretty sure Myles Garrett can correct himself after his penance is paid. 

• Upvote 1

I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

That’s the part that pisses me off so much about the whole thing.... if it pisses me off, I’m sure it really is going to motivate the defense the next time they play..... 

Am reading a lot of the blame Freddie for everything long Log list..but can ya really blame everything on Freddie?

He has position coaches & Wilks side of the ball & staff has not been the real issue. 

Myles issue, almost falls under the... "AB just kicked your kicker in the head, but were a soft team so we (Hue) won't react".. I hope to never see this team, go backwards on team toughness fouls.. to not even sticking up for your own kicker. It gave us a bad look & i back Freddie on this one.. 

Here's a few Freddie's game management? I'd like to see change

1) Can Campen continue to watch Robinson get beat like a drum repeat-it-lee? Bench him in game..Pittsburgh uses Zach Banner as a 6th reported lineman..why can't we do this? 

2) I just watched Freddie use a timeout with 6:10 left in 3rd. 3rd & 10 & you betcha, we dial up a 7 yard pass to Landry 👎 We punt it into endzone, for a 28 yard net punt & we get a holding call, making the punt a 18 yard net :P..luckily by drives end, Randall blitzed while Ward gets the tip & Burnette gets the pick..  btw..Burnette ended his season by only trying to turn by opening his right hip & turn with nobody around him..maybe a turf monster got him?

3)Hunt needs to be used more in the Duke running role & catching moving slants down field.. We can't block a screen play to save our own butts..were also that close to getting called for illegal lineman down field

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

1) Can Campen continue to watch Robinson get beat like a drum repeat-it-lee? Bench him in game..Pittsburgh uses Zach Banner as a 6th reported lineman..why can't we do this? 

Granted l’m only a quarter into rewatching and breaking down the Oline play, but Robinson looking pretty good so far. Hubbard’s the guy getting beat like a drum by Watt’s outside speed rush. 

Come on Hubbard. He’s gonna keep doing it until you stop it. Why do you keep hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself?...

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns 

Of course the team has been playing better and better but this may be the catalyst that sends it in to overdrive.

We can only hope.

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I don’t think you’ll get much push back here, but I’m pretty sure the NFL and the court of public opinion will get the job done re: Myles Garrett. 

There’s a reason courts differentiate premeditated crimes and crimes of passion. The dude lost his head and did inexcusable shit that will not be excused, as inexcusable shit is wont to do. 

No coach wants to coach the passion out of any player, but rather direct that passion, and frankly, that’s pretty much the pinnacle of coaching. The self actualization of coaching, the top tier of the craft, and expecting a rookie HC to be that guy is a tall order. 

I’m more concerned with Freddie navigating the rest of the team after this than l am his ability to coach up Myles Garrett in light of this. I’m pretty sure Myles Garrett can correct himself after his penance is paid. 

Bingo. I'm not sure Fred will even be back next season regardless. He's been out-coached all season long, and the team seems way too undisciplined, which is the head coach's job. 

2 hours ago, hx214 said:

That’s the part that pisses me off so much about the whole thing.... if it pisses me off, I’m sure it really is going to motivate the defense the next time they play..... 

I would look out for knee shots to the DL from Pittsburgh's O linemen next game. Word is out of da Burgh is that they are looking for street justice. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

I would look out for knee shots to the DL from Pittsburgh's O linemen next game. Word is out of da Burgh is that they are looking for street justice. 

News bulletin- Pittsburgh is full of wannabe thugs and rapists. That's their MO. And partly, mostly the reason for Myles Garrett having to play whack-a-troll with their spineless QB.

Every one of the hits that players take without a helmet on are worse than the one that blitzen took. When a player is wearing the helmet it has weight behind it. I keep hearing Myles used a deadly weapon in his "attack"...  swinging an empty helmet is like a gun without bullets in it.

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I stated this a little differently elsewhere. It's an opportunity  for the rest of the team to get better collectively without a "star" to attract extra attention from offenses. Now they all have to play up to their billing!. They can be far better next year after he returns than before he was suspended.

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Every one of the hits that players take without a helmet on are worse than the one that blitzen took. When a player is wearing the helmet it has weight behind it. I keep hearing Myles used a deadly weapon in his "attack"...  swinging an empty helmet is like a gun without bullets in it.

Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

So the position you are gonna take is a helmet swung is more dangerous being speared by someone wearing the same helmet? Okay, who's idiotic now?

Just now, PoeticG said:

So the position you are gonna take is a helmet swung is more dangerous being speared by someone wearing the same helmet? Okay, who's idiotic now?

You. 

When you are involved in a game of "Who is the idiot?" you are always the winner. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well, plastic bottles don't if they're empty. Yeah- was at Bottlegate. Different story when they're throwing fully loaded 16 ouncers out of the upper deck.   

When the Browns go 9-7 or 8-8 and are a game out of the playoffs.  That’s the lesson.

He let his team down. He knows it too and some of the leaders on team have already expressed this as well.

Based on his actions over the past three years can we honestly say he’s Suh, Harrison, Burfict. I don’t think so.  

Freddie’s got to pound out the stupidity on this team.  The late hits on the QB the presnap penalties, guys not lining up correctly. Sit them down.  This is one of the most talented Browns team ever but perhaps one of the most undisciplined and really a team that has probably one of the lower football IQs of any NFL team 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

His play, his actions and his postgame interview tell me the Browns have the upper hand in this series FINALLY.  Hopefully they hold onto the hope that he’s a playoff NFL QB

We beat the Steelers up Thursday I think it carries over in a couple weeks.  That’s our key game left 

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

His play, his actions and his postgame interview tell me the Browns have the upper hand in this series FINALLY.  How long the Steelers hold onto Mason and if they don’t so they find someone better. 

We beat the Steelers up Thursday I think it carries over in a couple weeks.  That’s our key game left 

I'll be honest, I don't see this team making the playoffs, even with this weak schedule the rest of the way out. They dug themselves too deep of a hole, IMO, and now have to go the rest of the way without their best defensive player.

That said, I want this next Steelers game sooooo bad I can taste it. I want Mason Rudolph laid the fuck out. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You're a fucking fuck you fuck. And it's your boyfriend that's the moron.

Why do you assume Woody is a homosexual?

Did he post hundreds of videos of the same man on this board in a relatively short time period, like some lovestruck stalker? 

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You're Mason Rudolph and he's your Pouncy. As always there to there to clean up for you when you slip into some shit you can't handle by yourself. 

"there to there to clean up..." does not make any sense. 

I'm just here to give you a helping hand, buddy. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

But you are the person almost universally thought of as this board's village idiot... Weird, huh? 

Since we all know you're either a troll or a closet Steeler fan, here a link for you to go support your boy. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/fans-gofundme-helps-pay-pounceys-fine-after-skirmish/ar-BBWP4uV?ocid=spartanntp

Which you won't though because just like Steeler Fans; You're all talk. 

• Thanks 1