THE BROWNS BOARD

On to Miami

The Gipper

3 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Agree, but I wasn't talking about ranking the sadness. I was talking about nerves.

We weren't the better team in either of those playoff meetings, but should have won both. 

The January 4, 1986 game was a great game for that underdog Cleveland BROWNS team and a great national coming out party for Bernie Kosar.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The January 4, 1986 game was a great game for that underdog Cleveland BROWNS team and a great national coming out party for Bernie Kosar.

Yep. If I remember correctly,Browns safety Donnie Rogers intercepted Marino and was going all the way for a TD, and got tangled up on his own feet around midfield. Probably would have clinched the game.

Nothing could be finer than to give to Mack & Byner. 1985 was the beginning of a great run, that always came up short vs Horse Teeth.

Schobert listed as questionable now with a random groin injury? Holy shit, if he can't play I don't want to THINK about our defense. Cmon Joe, we need you! 

31 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Schobert listed as questionable now with a random groin injury? Holy shit, if he can't play I don't want to THINK about our defense. Cmon Joe, we need you! 

well...crap. Looks like the Browns could be in a bit of trouble without Schobert in there.

WILL Mack Wilson      
MIKE Joe Schobert Sione Takitaki    
SAM Adarius Taylor Tae Davis

I hope Schobert can be mic'd up with Sione.... TakiTaki can play, but doesn't have the experience of Joe.

MIami is in trouble, unless Devante Parker, their main wr, gets open a few times here and there. Jakeem Grant, their star kr, also runs the WildDawg? Ran a fake punt in for TD....

Come on, Browns !

Browns Dolphins
Rushing 121.9 60.3
Passing 221 202.7

run def 127.2 148.3
pass def 216.8 246

----------

The Dolphins have been putting up some points lately.  And you know that their players look at us as a chance to get a win.

Our defensive numbers, though not all that good, look better than the Phins', but we're missing 3 DLinemen among others.  I do not want to have to count on the defense this week.  We are going to need our offense to win this game....and they haven't been a unit that has shown the ability to carry the team.

The numbers show the Phins struggle to stop both the pass & run.  I'd like to see us try to establish the run.  (this is a very odd strategy for me...as I feel that the NFL defenses of today are just too difficult to beat with a traditional running game attack)  I think that we need to keep our defense off the field...and the way to do that is to methodically come down the field...eating up the game clock.  The Phins' D just might be weak enough that our (not so great) OL can get enough room for Chubb & Hunt to work the field.  -  The Phins are weak against the pass too so it would be a good opportunity to try and get Baker & OBJ to connect for a big day...but I would rather not get into a shoot out. 

Let's see if we can beat them down with the run and little passes to the RB's (runs by passing).

21 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Sometimes despite our beloved Brownies recent ups and downs it's nice to remember the good times of being a Cleveland BROWNS fan.

First unless you're an old geezer like me and over 60 you probably never remember actually watching the great Jim Brown carry the ball.

But then there were the kardiac kids, Sipe and most recently (sort of) the Kosar years.  A little #19 trivia who in BROWNS history wore the #19?

Player From To AV
Miles Austin 2014 2014 4
Corey Coleman 2016 2018 5
Frisman Jackson 2004 2004 1
Bernie Kosar 1985 1993 75
Billy Lefear 1972 1972 0
Breshad Perriman 2018 2018 2

Oh and Bernie also wore #19 as a Dolphin and #18 as a Cowboy. 

AV -- Approximate Value is our attempt to attach a single number to every player-season since 1960.
See the glossary for more information.

The Dolphins actually will have almost all of the players on their 53-man roster available against Cleveland because only two received game status designations Friday.

Cornerback Ken Webster, who has missed the past three games with an ankle injury, was listed as doubtful.

Defensive end Taco Charlton, who missed the game against Buffalo last Sunday because of an elbow injury, was listed as questionable.

They were the only two players limited in practice Friday.

-------------   meanwhile, we're starting 3 backup DLinemen....and we only have 2 guys backing up them.

Troy Vincent played for the Dolphins back in the day..... lol

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-left-cleaning-troy-vincents-mess-super-bowl-replay

The other discussion to have is, how can Vincent -- who’s in charge of the officials -- not know the wording of the rule? And how can he be so dense as to get on a national radio program and say that a touchdown in a one-score Super Bowl didn’t meet the standards for a catch and not think people would catch on?

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Troy Vincent played for the Dolphins back in the day..... lol

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-left-cleaning-troy-vincents-mess-super-bowl-replay

The other discussion to have is, how can Vincent -- who’s in charge of the officials -- not know the wording of the rule? And how can he be so dense as to get on a national radio program and say that a touchdown in a one-score Super Bowl didn’t meet the standards for a catch and not think people would catch on?

I don't think that Vincent is in charge of the officials....he is just in charge of the discipline....at least the initial stages.